UT UT - Dylan Rounds, 19, wkg on farm, “weird run-in” with a guy walking on gravel rd, no phone & CC activity, Lucin, Box Elder Co, 25 May 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The brothers that did the helicopter search posted up-thread were also looking for disturbed earth, signs of digging.

Agree. And since CC has now twice named the same individual that both called the parents and told them that DR was being held hostage and the location he was being held, and next alleged to have spent Friday with DR in Montello but recently backed away from his sighting, I think this person's mental state might be compromised. What we don't know is his relationship to DR. Farmhand? Child of a farmhand? Town acquaintance? IMO, he must also be known to CC since she seemed to previously place more confidence in his word than evidence by police (relative to DR being in Montello on 5/27). MOO
I think he worked for Dylan or his grandfather in the past. IMO. Someone known to the family, so they trusted him in the beginning.

The brothers that did the helicopter search posted up-thread were also looking for disturbed earth, signs of digging.

Agree. And since CC has now twice named the same individual that both called the parents and told them that DR was being held hostage and the location he was being held, and next alleged to have spent Friday with DR in Montello but recently backed away from his sighting, I think this person's mental state might be compromised. What we don't know is his relationship to DR. Farmhand? Child of a farmhand? Town acquaintance? IMO, he must also be known to CC since she seemed to previously place more confidence in his word than evidence by police (relative to DR being in Montello on 5/27). MOO
Yes, it feels like the person who called the parents is the closest to a POI they have. How did he know Dylan? How did he have the parents' contact info??? Very suspicious...

1655269426859.png
''The boots were found within the first hour,” Candice told Dateline, on Dylan’s property. Candice told East Idaho News reporter Nate Eaton that the boots were “behind a pile of dirt just casually tossed out.” She noted that Dylan “was very particular about his boots. He wears a pair, and it’s always the same pair. When they wear out, he goes and buys exactly the same boots.”

Officials found the boots 100 yards south of where Dylan’s truck was parked which Candice told Dateline is in the opposite direction from his camper. “Our hearts dropped,” Candice said. “A kid doesn’t go walking in the desert without his boots.” Justin told Dateline that finding his son’s boots like that threw everyone for a loop. “Our brains were going a million different directions,” he said. “We didn’t know what to do.”

According to reporter Nate Eaton, Candice told East Idaho News that detectives found “a spot of blood” on the boots and they would be sent to a lab for testing. East Idaho News said that the family was told “police were hanging on to the boots in case cadaver dogs needed them for a scent,” which is why they were not sent for testing until a week later. East Idaho News also reported that Dylan’s wallet and phone are missing, but everything else seemed normal on the farm -- everything but Dylan’s maroon Ford pickup truck.

Dylan Rounds and his maroon Ford.
Dylan Rounds and his maroon Ford.Candice Cooley
Candice told Dateline that Dylan’s truck was found a few yards away from his boots. She said it looked like the truck had been pressure washed and that the seats had been moved. Candice told Nate Eaton of East Idaho News that because she is 4’11” and Dylan is 5’11,” she always has to move the driver’s seat up. But Candice said when she looked in Dylan’s truck on May 30, the seat “was scooted up to the point I didn’t even have to move it to drive.”

View attachment 349461
''The boots were found within the first hour,” Candice told Dateline, on Dylan’s property. Candice told East Idaho News reporter Nate Eaton that the boots were “behind a pile of dirt just casually tossed out.” She noted that Dylan “was very particular about his boots. He wears a pair, and it’s always the same pair. When they wear out, he goes and buys exactly the same boots.”

Officials found the boots 100 yards south of where Dylan’s truck was parked which Candice told Dateline is in the opposite direction from his camper. “Our hearts dropped,” Candice said. “A kid doesn’t go walking in the desert without his boots.” Justin told Dateline that finding his son’s boots like that threw everyone for a loop. “Our brains were going a million different directions,” he said. “We didn’t know what to do.”

According to reporter Nate Eaton, Candice told East Idaho News that detectives found “a spot of blood” on the boots and they would be sent to a lab for testing. East Idaho News said that the family was told “police were hanging on to the boots in case cadaver dogs needed them for a scent,” which is why they were not sent for testing until a week later. East Idaho News also reported that Dylan’s wallet and phone are missing, but everything else seemed normal on the farm -- everything but Dylan’s maroon Ford pickup truck.

Candice told Dateline that Dylan’s truck was found a few yards away from his boots. She said it looked like the truck had been pressure washed and that the seats had been moved. Candice told Nate Eaton of East Idaho News that because she is 4’11” and Dylan is 5’11,” she always has to move the driver’s seat up. But Candice said when she looked in Dylan’s truck on May 30, the seat “was scooted up to the point I didn’t even have to move it to drive.”
So irritating that the media can't correctly state the facts. Come on Dateline, do better!

The boots were not found by Dylans maroon truck. They were found near the grain truck which was pulled into the shed. The Maroon truck was outside Dylan's trailer, five miles from the boot location.

So irritating that the media can't correctly state the facts. Come on Dateline, do better!

The boots were not found by Dylans maroon truck. They were found near the grain truck which was pulled into the shed. The Maroon truck was outside Dylan's trailer, five miles from the boot location.
^^rsbm

Actually, there's not even a maroon truck today!

His est 2015, Red, F150, crew cab was parked outside his camper trailer. (The maroon truck in the photograph is not DR's current truck).

For clarity -- DR had good reason to be worried about getting his seed truck under shelter from the rain -- CC estimated the value of the seed in his truck at about $5,000. (Gray Hughes interview).

1655274921699.png

Georgia Boot Farm & Ranch - pull on work boot

Last edited:
View attachment 349461

I feel very sad reading this and counting the days.
Hoping still though.

I wonder at the possibilities of procuring a geofence warrant?
I do know how difficult it is.

He got his grain to the barn from his place.
What happened then?

Only the exterior of his red truck was power washed.
If the power washing was intended to obfuscate evidence of a crime rather than geolocation, does this suggest a vehicle attack?
I am getting dizzy with the possibilities here.
I also have the feeling I can't shake that he was taken somewhere for some purpose.
This feeling is quite independent of what we are calling the hoax, which may not be a hoax, though the address was wrong.
This makes me anxious because it presents the possibility that he may still be alive

I wonder at the possibilities of procuring a geofence warrant?
I do know how difficult it is.

He got his grain to the barn from his place.
What happened then?

Only the exterior of his red truck was power washed.
If the power washing was intended to obfuscate evidence of a crime rather than geolocation, does this suggest a vehicle attack?
I am getting dizzy with the possibilities here.
I also have the feeling I can't shake that he was taken somewhere for some purpose.
This feeling is quite independent of what we are calling the hoax, which may not be a hoax, though the address was wrong.
This makes me anxious because it presents the possibility that he may still be alive
I wish we knew for certain if the bed of Dylan’s truck was pressure washed? IIRC up-thread it was noted that it had been, but some of the finer details in this case tend to “come and go”, so I don’t know how reliable it is. I feel really certain there is something to the truck being washed, because if Dylan had done it himself, there’s no way he would have neglected all that mud in the wheel wells. Why go to the effort of pressure washing your truck and then ignore all that mud? So if just the ‘basic’ outside of the truck and the bed was washed, to me it looks like more of an effort to get rid of evidence. This, coupled with the other three things Dylan’s mom has reported - the seat being moved up, it being in 4WD that doesn’t work, and it being locked when Dylan did not usually lock it - make me feel very strongly the truck played a part in his disappearance.

Don’t even get me started on the boots.
All theory, speculation, and conjecture based on what little we know. Also MOO.

June 9 2022

1655308158174.png

''Rounds often visited Montello, Nevada, which is 26 miles from Lucin, and it’s the last place someone physically saw him.

“He’d go into the bar in Montello and meet up with friends, but they never came out (to Lucin) with him. There’s no reason to come out there because there’s nothing there,” Cooley says. “We don’t even know if he made it back to Utah (that Saturday).”

lucin montello map
Google maps
re-post interview with Dylan's mom.

Hi guys, I couldn’t remember my old Websleuths account name so made a new one to participate in the thread.

I’ve been reading and watching for a few days now and I’m trying to compile a semi-comprehensive timeline/sequence of events, but as this case is rapidly evolving and we have lots of sources, not all as reputable as the next IMO, I would like to ask for some help on this. I’ve read the Terms & Rules and Etiquette and think this complies, but if I am in ANY violation of it, please let me know.

1. <modsnip - sleuthing persons not declared a POI by law enforcement>

2. Was it confirmed that the same man from the ‘weird run-in’ was asking around in Montello about DR and later got a ride to DR’s trailer on May 29th? Or was this a seperate, different man or possibly friend of DR’s?

3. Very confused about the sequence of events surrounding the intial report that DR was missing: an article mentions DR’s best friend calling his mom on May 30th, while upthread someone mentioned a hoax/swatting call to both his parents, which led to his parents calling the police. Another upthread mentions police being called 4pm May 30th. Which is/are true?

Parents hoping for safe return of Utah teen Dylan Rounds, who was last heard from in May 2022

4. When were his boots found? Again in the article linked above, CC mentions finding them around an hour after police came, so that means on May 30th, but it was only mentioned in this thread from June 6th onwards, when it was noted the boots were being tested in the lab for that drop of blood found.

5. Why were his brother and best friend called in for D.N.A. testing? I unfortunately did not note where I found this snippet of information, but it must have been this thread, the facebook group or any of the articles/vid linked in this thread. (So information that is available to all of us.)

6. WHAT is his height? There are many discrepancies surrounding his height on all posters or on the Facebook group. Is it 5’10”, 5’11” or even 5’12”? I use the metric system, so forgive me if this is wrong, but isn’t 5’12” the same as 6’0”?

If anyone can help me out, thank you so much!

Last edited by a moderator:
June 9 2022

View attachment 349531

''Rounds often visited Montello, Nevada, which is 26 miles from Lucin, and it’s the last place someone physically saw him.

“He’d go into the bar in Montello and meet up with friends, but they never came out (to Lucin) with him. There’s no reason to come out there because there’s nothing there,” Cooley says. “We don’t even know if he made it back to Utah (that Saturday).”

lucin montello map
Google maps
re-post interview with Dylan's mom.

Why is she saying they don't even know if he made it back to Utah that Saturday when supposedly cell phone data showed he was talking to his grandma that morning from his farm?

Why is she saying they don't even know if he made it back to Utah that Saturday when supposedly cell phone data showed he was talking to his grandma that morning from his farm?
^^bbm
Mom has since confirmed DR did not spend the night in Montello and was on his farm in Lucin when he talked to his grandmother in the early morning on Saturday, 5/28. OP is quoting news dated 6/9 which was before the eyewitness recanted seeing DR in Montello on 5/27.

2. Was it confirmed that the same man from the ‘weird run-in’ was asking around in Montello about DR and later got a ride to DR’s trailer on May 29th? Or was this a seperate, different man or possibly friend of DR’s?
SBM. May 29 was a Sunday, the day after Dylan was last heard from and he was last in Montello (that we know of) two days earlier. AFAIK, there has been no official mention of him giving anyone a ride to his trailer.

Knowing the hours some farmers keep and him being young and full of energy, just because he talked to his Grandmother early in the morning from the farm wouldn't be proof to me that he wasn't staying in town the night before.

Knowing the hours some farmers keep and him being young and full of energy, just because he talked to his Grandmother early in the morning from the farm wouldn't be proof to me that he wasn't staying in town the night before.
Sure but it's pretty darn unlikely he went missing in Montello on Friday night if he was alive and well talking to his grandma on the farm Saturday.

Sure but it's pretty darn unlikely he went missing in Montello on Friday night if he was alive and well talking to his grandma on the farm Saturday.
Agreed @azure but I was thinking along the lines of why/whom he might have stayed with in Montello? Obviously he made it home in the morning, but IF he did spend the night there, it could change the ‘last seen by’. Just speculation and MOO.

3. Very confused about the sequence of events surrounding the intial report that DR was missing: an article mentions DR’s best friend calling his mom on May 30th, while upthread someone mentioned a hoax/swatting call to both his parents, which led to his parents calling the police. Another upthread mentions police being called 4pm May 30th. Which is/are true?

Parents hoping for safe return of Utah teen Dylan Rounds, who was last heard from in May 2022

4. When were his boots found? Again in the article linked above, CC mentions finding them around an hour after police came, so that means on May 30th, but it was only mentioned in this thread from June 6th onwards, when it was noted the boots were being tested in the lab for that drop of blood found.
^^rsbm

Welcome back @Zarota!

DR's last contact was with his grandma on Saturday, 5/28.

Both parents learned on Monday, 5/30 that nobody had talked to DR since his call with grandma, and immediately traveled to Lucin.

Mom reports she phoned LE (Box Elder County, UT) when she was enroute, and police arrived DR's farm around 5 pm. The boots were reportedly located by police about an hour later and allegedly took DR's boots for testing. Mom later learned that the boots were not sent to the lab until 6/6.

The swat/hoax happened in another jurisdiction and was handled by Elko County, NV.

(I think the family believes the hoax, already proven false -- a distraction to the missing person investigation. It only involved the reporting party and the parents-- and Elko LE that checked it out, at the request of the parents). MOO

I think if DR would've stayed in Montello during the night, and only went home in the early hours of Saturday morning, somebody would've said something, either to family or LE. Montello is a small town, where DR seems to be known/a regular. It seems illogical nobody would say or know. I'm not from a super small town, but if something happens, EVERYONE knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pearl lemon