Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #193

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Under intense questioning from Carroll County Prosecutor Nicholas McLeland, however, Perlmutter admitted her findings were based on a limited set of evidence.

McLeland sought to discredit Perlmutter by highlighting she shared the same opinions about the case on Court TV last year – even before she'd seen or reviewed any crime scene evidence.

McLeland further pressed – without stating exactly what Allen said in his purported confessions – what Perlmutter's response would be if she learned the defendant “said that the intent was a sexual assault,” and “said that the branches were there to cover the girls’ bodies,” not an example of symbolic runes.
[snip]
Wala further added that Allen's thoughts appeared disjointed, he claimed to be suffering from memory loss, and, during some sessions, he would tremble and his eyes would twitch.
[snip]
Further, Wala also expressed concerns that Allen may have been faking some of his psychotic symptoms.

Diener pointed to Wala's notes in which the doctor seemed to question whether Allen was purposefully behaving bizarrely.

Wala acknowledged there were times she was not certain whether Allen was legitimately going through a mental health crisis or feigning psychotic behavior.

Suspect in death of two teen friends 'will not be saved' by strange cult theory

Imagine the psychotic episodes were the result of solitary confinement for months on end and tasing. Imagine in his broken mind he thought, “if I confess, they’ll stop doing this to me, the pain will stop.” Then imagine, if you can, he’s innocent of this brutal crime. JMHO
There are two fallacies here, from my opinionated vantage point. One would be the report of a confession including factual information that would only be known to the killer. The other would be the reported comment from more than one source that RA was fakin' it.

Lastly, I'm of the opinion RA was never in solitary confinement. If he was, it was brief. Access to electronics, phones, conversations with others, etc. doesn't equate to solitary confinement in my opinionated belief.

Which I thought was a total cop out. If RA is 'your person' and you are supporting him, listen to all of the testimony. IMO
I would love to know if his wife thinks one of these:

He’s innocent of all, confessed due to mental health issue.
He’s guilty, was sane in 2017, confessed now due to conscience.
He’s guilty, was sane in 2017, confessed due to mental health issue.
He’s guilty, was insane in 2017, and still now.

jmo

This was presented in a motion or several motions by the defense and nothing came of it? Or is the motion pending? What an absolute disaster! During the time he made these 60+ confessions, he was eating his feces and receiving injected psychotropics, AND the psychologist's request to move him to a different facility was denied?! What is going on in Indiana??
No, not all of them. He started acting out the things you mention right after a phone call with his wife and mother where they didn't want to hear him and his wife disconnected the phone call. Harshman said after that the communication with family was cut off. (The lawyers probably told the family don't call him and don't take his calls, MO) The next day was the first day AB saw him face to face at Westville. RA was given discovery to look at and then began his bizarre behaviors. Some letters to the warden happened around this time also. Seems to me the DT wants to put the cart before the horse.

Under intense questioning from Carroll County Prosecutor Nicholas McLeland, however, Perlmutter admitted her findings were based on a limited set of evidence.

McLeland sought to discredit Perlmutter by highlighting she shared the same opinions about the case on Court TV last year – even before she'd seen or reviewed any crime scene evidence.

McLeland further pressed – without stating exactly what Allen said in his purported confessions – what Perlmutter's response would be if she learned the defendant “said that the intent was a sexual assault,” and “said that the branches were there to cover the girls’ bodies,” not an example of symbolic runes.
[snip]
Wala further added that Allen's thoughts appeared disjointed, he claimed to be suffering from memory loss, and, during some sessions, he would tremble and his eyes would twitch.
[snip]
Further, Wala also expressed concerns that Allen may have been faking some of his psychotic symptoms.

Diener pointed to Wala's notes in which the doctor seemed to question whether Allen was purposefully behaving bizarrely.

Wala acknowledged there were times she was not certain whether Allen was legitimately going through a mental health crisis or feigning psychotic behavior.

Suspect in death of two teen friends 'will not be saved' by strange cult theory
I wonder how many sane people who were dealing with being in prison charged with horrifically murdering two young girls and in therapy sessions.wanted to talk about it...how many would tremble and twitch recalling, reliving the horror they created? I'd venture, the majority. MO

I wonder how many sane people who were dealing with being in prison charged with horrifically murdering two young girls and in therapy sessions.wanted to talk about it...how many would tremble and twitch recalling, reliving the horror they created? I'd venture, the majority. MO
Wala cannot testify to it for obvious reasons but I do wonder if some of their chats involved RA confessing to her or elaborating upon confessions he made to others and whether any details divulged aligned with the facts of the case.

IIRC, Dr Wala said it was Haldol.

What is Haldol mainly used for?

Haloperidol treats schizophrenia and manages tics and vocal outbursts if you're diagnosed with Tourette's syndrome. It can also treat behavioral issues among children. This medication comes in a tablet form that you can take by mouth with a glass of water as directed. The brand name of haloperidol is Haldol®.

Haloperidol (Haldol): Uses & Side Effects - Cleveland Clinic

View attachment 525960
This drug is also used to treat coprophagia according to google.

about Abby
“She had more crafts than you’d know what to do with,” Anna said. "She loved to make things for other people, she loved to be around other people."

Abby had recently been knitting tiny, colorful hats for newborns at the local hospital.
[snip]
Abby would run off with her mom’s camera when they were at weddings or other events.

She loved the outdoors and had an eye for the world around her, finding details most would miss.

“I do have pictures when she was little and our friend had a beautiful garden and I let her take it. It occurred to me how much at a foot and a half shorter – how different she did see things,” said Anna.
[snip]
about Libby
Liberty German dreamed of becoming a science teacher.

She was interested in solving crimes or finding clues and her curiosity in the sciences was serious business. She attended several classes at nearby Purdue University to try out different areas to see what interested her most.

She was a mature student, but still a teenager.

Liberty's grandparents said you could always tell when she was home from school.

You’d find a backpack near the door, socks and shoes strewn about the floor, a pile of books on the counter, ready for homework, and a sidetracked Libby already working on something else.
Delphi Daughters: Untold story of Abby & Libby

Just wanted to bring the living girls back into the conversation for a moment, to remember all that stolen potential.

No one who is innocent has anything to fear from a search of his or her home.

IMO

I strongly disagree. IMO no one, innocent or guilty, should welcome government agents searching their homes, and be anything but fearful of a government search of their home. Especially since there are far too many cases of law enforcement "planting" evidence. To say otherwise is to be naive.

The Marshall Project has curated numerous reports on cases of police officers planting evidence across the U.S. These reports highlight widespread issues with police corruption and misconduct in various cities. (The Marshall Project).

I am not suggesting that evidence was planted in this case. Just that it's been known to happen in multiple cases. All IMO.

Last edited:
The confessions will likely not get thrown out, but neither will the treatment RA received prior to making said “confessions.”

All MOO.

I hope you're right about the treatment he received being allowed in. If not, there is something seriously wrong in Indiana. Well, there is anyway.

IMO MOO

No one who is innocent has anything to fear from a search of his or her home.

IMO
rsbm

In a perfect world, that might be true. It is absolutely not true in the world we live in.

IMO MOO

According to the defense memo, “Click was concerned that for some reason the leadership of the investigative team had failed to share with (Carroll County) Prosecutor McLeland the evidence gathered by Click, Ferency, and Murphy. Click’s concerns led him to seek out a lawyer to assist him in the drafting of a letter. This letter was then sent to McLeland.” In a footnote to the document, it states the certified letter was received on May 1, 2023, and refers to a copy attached to the official filing, marked as Exhibit 3.

Rozzi and Baldwin’s memo further states that the defense was not made aware of this letter “until after it was obvious from the last round of depositions that the defense would certainly be talking to Todd Click.” The memo calls the letter “exculpatory in nature.”

In a statement released to Court TV, retired Rushville, Indiana officer Todd Click writes: “No one in law enforcement believes Abby and Libby were killed in a ritual sacrifice. That is the defense twisting facts for sensationalism.” Click did not agree to an interview, citing the gag-order in effect on witnesses and investigators in the case.
Delphi investigators: Defense 'twisting facts for sensationalism' over cult sacrifice claims

According to the defense memo, “Click was concerned that for some reason the leadership of the investigative team had failed to share with (Carroll County) Prosecutor McLeland the evidence gathered by Click, Ferency, and Murphy. Click’s concerns led him to seek out a lawyer to assist him in the drafting of a letter. This letter was then sent to McLeland.” In a footnote to the document, it states the certified letter was received on May 1, 2023, and refers to a copy attached to the official filing, marked as Exhibit 3.

Rozzi and Baldwin’s memo further states that the defense was not made aware of this letter “until after it was obvious from the last round of depositions that the defense would certainly be talking to Todd Click.” The memo calls the letter “exculpatory in nature.”

In a statement released to Court TV, retired Rushville, Indiana officer Todd Click writes: “No one in law enforcement believes Abby and Libby were killed in a ritual sacrifice. That is the defense twisting facts for sensationalism.” Click did not agree to an interview, citing the gag-order in effect on witnesses and investigators in the case.
Delphi investigators: Defense 'twisting facts for sensationalism' over cult sacrifice claims

And six months after he said that, he said this:

1724254449803.png

Todd Click may have not thought it was a ritual sacrifice, but that does not mean he doesn't think they were involved in the murders. IMO, he still does think that.

Link to the entire transcript can be found in this article: READ: 3/18 Delphi Hearing Transcript, Police Officer Testifies to Other Potential Suspects

From the article, dated April 1, 2024, more than 6 months after the CourtTV piece: "... he felt the case against Richard Allen was weak. Click testified that there were other men with potential religious ties that presented stronger suspects, and he reached out to Carroll County Prosecutor Nick McLeland about that."

IMO MOO

Yes of course “innocent” :D

He just happened to be dressed as the killer and on the bridge at the same time as the killer. That would be absolutely remarkable if true.
Well, he's innocent until proven guilty BARD.

Funny thing is, there's a lot of people out there who focus on the above line, yet never query/question a single thing the Defence has put out there --- just accept what the Defence has to say at face value 10 000% (the now-debunked by testimony under oath Frank's One anybody?). Nary a peep of questionning about any single one of the Defence's bits that don't fit the testified to facts we've learned thus far from the State (blood spatter, hanging, etc etc). That's not being "impartial" either IMO. And, IMO some of them have obviously already decided that RA is not guilty under any circumstance and despite any evidence that will come out at trial (because - to be clear - the State's evidence is still under seal for the most part).

Impartial jurors do swear that they are and can remain impartial until they've heard all the testimony and seen all of the evidence. Those impartial jurors will then see, hear and view the evidence in this trial. All of the evidence. They will question/consider what evidence the state brings forth and it will also query/consider what the defence brings forth. Then it will weigh them. Then it will render it's verdict as to their belief.

IMO, if impartial jurors need to rely on believing conspiracy theories and that every person who testifies (and had testified in hearings) under oath is a perjuror and liar who've been complicit since 2017 in setting up a man to take a fall for a murder he didn't commit at his trial years later to counter every single piece of physical, forensic, video and eye witness evidence, they may just find that unreasonable.

Again, some of that evidence was recovered at the crime scene in 2017 (bullet, RAs original statement etc) ... just why in heck would they wait years to finally arrest and try the guy they apparently have been conspiring to set up since 2017.

Last edited:
I strongly disagree. IMO no one, innocent or guilty, should welcome government agents searching their homes, and be anything but fearful of a government search of their home. Especially since there are far too many cases of law enforcement "planting" evidence. To say otherwise is to be naive.

The Marshall Project has curated numerous reports on cases of police officers planting evidence across the U.S. These reports highlight widespread issues with police corruption and misconduct in various cities. (The Marshall Project).

I am not suggesting that evidence was planted in this case. Just that it's been known to happen in multiple cases. All IMO.
Exactly. I agree.

That is exactly why actual Probable Cause is required to obtain a search warrant in the first place.

No one wants LE just willy nilly picking and choosing houses to search without regard to actual reasonable probable cause related to them having possibly been involved in the commission of a crime.

They met that burden for the search of RA's home. He, himself, placed himself at the scene (bridge platform) at the time of the crime and clothing generally matched that of the BG seen on video and by witnesses and he obviously couldn't give them an alibi other than "watching the stock ticker and fishes while on the bridge platform".

Last edited:
The search warrant, signed by Carroll County Judge Benjamin Diener, who later recused himself from the case, authorized police to “diligently search for any and all information and/or evidence of the crime of Murder in violation of I.C. 35-42-1-1; specifically to search for handguns, .40 caliber ammunition, knives, blue sweatshirts/jackets, black sweatshirts/jackets, clothing, electronic devices and cell phone with phone number 317-612-4533; any other cell phones; and any other electronic devices located in or on the locations described above. Law enforcement is authorized to search these areas to determine whether or not there has been violation committed as described in the affidavit at the residence, in the yard, the vehicle and any appurtenances.”
https://fox59.com/indiana-news/atto...llen-want-search-warrant-evidence-thrown-out/

DT agued in their motion to suppress claimed these items could be found in any house in Indiana. I agree some could, but in most search warrants you will find items listed that could easily be explained as being normal to find in any other home.

What wasn't likely to be found in any other home in Indiana? A cell phone with phone number 317-612-4533 and a gun that matches unique rifling found on an unspent bullet at the crime scene.
---------------------------------------------------
In the probable cause affidavit used to bring murder charges against Allen, the Indiana State Police state the round was found “between the bodies of Victim 1 and Victim 2 was forensically determined to have been cycled through Richard Allen’s Sig Sauer Model P226.”
[snip]
Tool mark analysis has been used to produce evidence in trials for decades.
https://fox59.com/indiana-news/atto...ichard-allen-to-unspent-round-at-crime-scene/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
420xtal
Back