UT UT - Dylan Rounds, 19, wkg on farm, “weird run-in” with a guy walking on gravel rd, no phone & CC activity, Lucin, Box Elder Co, 25 May 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Knowing the hours some farmers keep and him being young and full of energy, just because he talked to his Grandmother early in the morning from the farm wouldn't be proof to me that he wasn't staying in town the night before.

Agreed @azure but I was thinking along the lines of why/whom he might have stayed with in Montello? Obviously he made it home in the morning, but IF he did spend the night there, it could change the ‘last seen by’. Just speculation and MOO.

People, LE has confirmed that DR's cell [location] data placed him at his farm in Lucin when he talked to his grandma on Saturday, 5/28 at 6:51 AM MT. The same independent data last placed him in Montello, NV on Thursday, 5/26.

Is it possible that DR traveled to Montello without his phone? Sure, but not probable.

This case is different in that CC (mother) is communicating more with YT creators than MSM which makes it difficult to remain current with a very fluid investigation. The same prompted LE to issue a press release, specifically citing incorrect information about DR's last location being churned on social media.

Sure but it's pretty darn unlikely he went missing in Montello on Friday night if he was alive and well talking to his grandma on the farm Saturday.
Unless he was already in duress and some one or ones let him take the call in order to give themselves more time --

Maybe he sheltered his seed the night before --

Wish we could dissect the phone call with his grandma. When he talked to her, was he somewhere safe?

I don't think we know the moment -- or even the day -- things went sideways.

JMO

I wonder at the possibilities of procuring a geofence warrant?
I do know how difficult it is.

He got his grain to the barn from his place.
What happened then?

Only the exterior of his red truck was power washed.
If the power washing was intended to obfuscate evidence of a crime rather than geolocation, does this suggest a vehicle attack?
I am getting dizzy with the possibilities here.
I also have the feeling I can't shake that he was taken somewhere for some purpose.
This feeling is quite independent of what we are calling the hoax, which may not be a hoax, though the address was wrong.
This makes me anxious because it presents the possibility that he may still be alive
I think that could be a reasonable request. His farm is so isolated and it isn't a heavily traveled area, no real reason to be out there unless passing through or if you live in that area. I think a geofence warrant would only turn up a few devices and from that people should be easily ruled out or in. It could also provide people to speak with that may have saw something and don't realize it.

I think the truck being washed was to remove fingerprints or touch DNA. I believe whoever parked his truck at his trailer did something to him or knows what happened to him. They returned the truck to his trailer/house and washed it hoping to remove any evidence that they were there.

I really hope the truck has an on board system that records activity because that will tell us a lot about the last day and possibly if Dylan was the last one to drive the truck.

People, LE has confirmed that DR's cell [location] data placed him at his farm in Lucin when he talked to his grandma on Saturday, 5/28 at 6:51 AM MT. The same independent data last placed him in Montello, NV on Thursday, 5/26.

Is it possible that DR traveled to Montello without his phone? Sure, but not probable.

This case is different in that CC (mother) is communicating more with YT creators than MSM which makes it difficult to remain current with a very fluid investigation. The same prompted LE to issue a press release, specifically citing incorrect information about DR's last location being churned on social media.
Thanks @Seattle1 I wasn’t thinking of the phone pings/data. I agree with what you said completely. I wish LE or at least some reliable MSM reporting would straighten out the facts as they are known. MOO

Unless he was already in duress and some one or ones let him take the call in order to give themselves more time --

Maybe he sheltered his seed the night before --

Wish we could dissect the phone call with his grandma. When he talked to her, was he somewhere safe?

I don't think we know the moment -- or even the day -- things went sideways.

JMO
^^bbm

I think we have a pretty good idea of where and when:

DR's phone location data place him on his farm on Saturday, 5/28, at 6:51 AM (MT) when he talked to his grandmother -- citing he was headed out to move his seed truck under shelter to beat the rain.

When DR's parents arrived on the farm on Sunday, 5/30, the seed truck was in fact located under shelter.

It follows that DR moved his truck himself when said not only because he shared this info with his last contact, but also because the seed inside the truck is worth about $5K, and would be ruined if it got wet.

Given DR's boots were located 5 miles from his camper-trailer to the shed area where his seed truck was parked under shelter, we know DR made it that far.

Normal practice would be for DR to cut across the prairie (not the road) to his camper trailer after parking his seed truck. But it's not likely DR would walk without his boots.

Reportedly, there was very heavy rainfall on Saturday afternoon and steady rain on Sunday.

When parents arrived at the farm on Sunday, 5/30, there were no foot or vehicle tracks found.

Parents found DR's vehicle parked in its usual location next to the camper-trailer. However, the truck, tires, and rims appeared to have been power-washed-- which on its own was unusual. But why wash the truck when it was raining (Sat-Sun)?

The vehicle's seat was not in the normal position for a 5'11" driver.
The vehicle shifter was in 4x4 when it was known that 4x4 was not operating.

DR's last phone ping was on his farm on Saturday, 5/28 at 3:41 pm.
DR went dark on Saturday, May 28.
Was DR's phone powered off or was the battery expended?

All DR's wares and equipment are accounted for.

Missing is DR, his wallet, phone, Ford key fob, and a .40 pistol.

Where is DR?

MOO

Last edited:
I listened to yesterday's Dutyron's interview with Dylan's mother. She stated that when she arrived to the location of the grain truck on May 30, one of the on/off farm workers was there, because he lived in his own camp trailer on the property. The mother also revealed that only the front wheel wells of Dylan's pickup truck had mud in them. The interview emphasized the perceived indifference of Utah police. Dylan's truck is now being processed by another jurisdiction's LE.

Candace Cooley had a very informative hour + on Duty Ron, are we allowed to use/refer to it?
I have the same question. It was VERY informative on the location of the grain truck/farm area, the trailer ad t
^^bbm

DR's phone location data place him on his farm on Saturday, 5/28, at 6:51 AM (MT) when he talked to his grandmother -- citing he was headed out to move his seed truck under shelter to beat the rain.

When DR's parents arrived on the farm on Sunday, 5/30, the seed truck was in fact located under shelter.

It follows that DR moved his truck himself when said not only because he shared this info with his last contact, but also because the seed inside the truck is worth about $5K, and would be ruined if it got wet.

Given DR's boots were located 5 miles from his camper-trailer to the shed area where his seed truck was parked under shelter, we know DR made it that far.

Normal practice would be for DR to cut across the prairie (not the road) to his camper trailer after parking his seed truck. But it's not likely DR would walk without his boots.

Reportedly, there was very heavy rainfall on Saturday afternoon and steady rain on Sunday.

When parents arrived at the farm on Sunday, 5/30, there were no foot or vehicle tracks found.

Parents found DR's vehicle parked in its usual location next to the camper-trailer. However, the truck, tires, and rims appeared to have been power-washed-- which on its own was unusual. But why wash the truck when it was raining (Sat-Sun)?

Where is DR?

MOO
I am curious if the heavy rain that fell could have cleaned the truck vs it being power washed. I watched the interview with her and it showed the mud still in the tire wells.. I just thought maybe heavy rain also made the area around the truck clear of tire tracks and so on. I don't know enough about what it would look like and what rain would do vs what a power washer would do. I heavy enough downpour I would think could remove quite a bit of the dirt and mud similar to how a power washer would, but maybe not?

I wonder at the possibilities of procuring a geofence warrant?
I do know how difficult it is.

He got his grain to the barn from his place.
What happened then?

Only the exterior of his red truck was power washed.
If the power washing was intended to obfuscate evidence of a crime rather than geolocation, does this suggest a vehicle attack?
I am getting dizzy with the possibilities here.
I also have the feeling I can't shake that he was taken somewhere for some purpose.
This feeling is quite independent of what we are calling the hoax, which may not be a hoax, though the address was wrong.
This makes me anxious because it presents the possibility that he may still be alive
I think it would be difficult to get a normal warrant in this case, let alone a geofence warrant. It's an odd disappearance, but there is not much concrete evidence of a crime (that we know of, at least).

I guess anything is possible if they find the right judge though. And the isolated nature of the property makes a geofence warrant less invasive.

(snipped by carbuff)
5. Why were his brother and best friend called in for D.N.A. testing? I unfortunately did not note where I found this snippet of information, but it must have been this thread, the facebook group or any of the articles/vid linked in this thread. (So information that is available to all of us.)

Just speculation on my part, but it might be more or less routine. They need to eliminate known DNA from people who have a right to be at the scene; presumably his friend had ridden in the truck, etc. They might need the brother's DNA for the same reason, but also, with modern DNA technology, more and more agencies ask one or more relatives of a missing person to provide a sample in advance so that if something like blood evidence or remains are located, they don't have to take extra time getting the sample to match.

Saturday the 28th really makes me stop and think. He talked to his grandma at 6:51am and was getting his seed out of the rain. What would he normally do on the farm during heavy rain? It sounds like he couldn’t work with his seed under those conditions. So what would he normally be up to? Would he walk back to his trailer and wait for the rain to pass? I know farm chores are endless… what chores would/could he do during heavy rains?

His phone last pinged at 3:41pm on the farm, 9 hours later. So he spent a full day doing what? Assuming the phone stayed on his person all day. The phones last ping on that farm feels like the key to me.

Whatever happened to him, the phone seems to have disappeared along with him since it has not turned up. Hopefully what I’m saying makes sense.

So my question is what would he have spent his day doing while it rained? Perhaps that may give insight on what he did after speaking with grandma.

I have the same question. It was VERY informative on the location of the grain truck/farm area, the trailer ad t

I am curious if the heavy rain that fell could have cleaned the truck vs it being power washed. I watched the interview with her and it showed the mud still in the tire wells.. I just thought maybe heavy rain also made the area around the truck clear of tire tracks and so on. I don't know enough about what it would look like and what rain would do vs what a power washer would do. I heavy enough downpour I would think could remove quite a bit of the dirt and mud similar to how a power washer would, but maybe not?
^^bbm

Like most farmers, DR owned a power washer and kept it on his farm to clean his farm equipment.

The significance of the caked-on mud inside the front wheel wells is the fact that the tires and rims were washed clean. (Power washing the wheel wells would require the operator to physically lower their body and aim the wand under to reach the wells).

Having just power washed my deck, there's no comparing rain cleaning a vehicle (or deck) versus power washing a vehicle where even light-duty use results in about 1500-1900 PSI. A heavy downpour is more about the volume of rain in a short period. MOO

^^bbm

Where is DR?

MOO
Two additional notes I pulled from the Sparks YT Video that seem puzzling...apologies if they have been addressed or clarified:

Mom indicated there were deep "ruts" from the grain truck that shouldn't be there because it hadn't rained enough at that point to cause them when Dylan supposedly moved the grain truck to the shed. Maybe it had rained more than she was aware? The grain truck weighed more full of seed - so it didn't take much to make ruts?

Dad indicated there's a basic barb-wired gate on the road that leads to the farm or at the entrance of the farm and it was closed - noting Dylan never closed this gate. Did the individuals who did the the initial welfare check on Sunday notice it closed? Did they close it?

Saturday the 28th really makes me stop and think. He talked to his grandma at 6:51am and was getting his seed out of the rain. What would he normally do on the farm during heavy rain? It sounds like he couldn’t work with his seed under those conditions. So what would he normally be up to? Would he walk back to his trailer and wait for the rain to pass? I know farm chores are endless… what chores would/could he do during heavy rains?

His phone last pinged at 3:41pm on the farm, 9 hours later. So he spent a full day doing what? Assuming the phone stayed on his person all day. The phones last ping on that farm feels like the key to me.

Whatever happened to him, the phone seems to have disappeared along with him since it has not turned up. Hopefully what I’m saying makes sense.

So my question is what would he have spent his day doing while it rained? Perhaps that may give insight on what he did after speaking with grandma.
Do you recall if the last ping was where the seed truck was or at his actual trailer? I saw that those locations are 5 miles apart.

So is it true, that there is someone else that lives in a camper on the property? That is a big deal, if there was another person there, when DR went missing.

When CC was being interviewed by Gray Hughes, he was charting the locations of interest, as typical of GH, and CC explained the difference between the obviously cleared terrain compared to google earth view where she noted there was already existing water at a patch along the road when DR acquired the property.

CC stated campers were previously parked on the bank including squatters. While I recall something about Jim having lived on the bank, it wasn't clear to me that he or anybody else was currently living there. We also know that CC, JR, and other family and friends have brought their own units to the property since Sunday, May 30 when they reported DR missing. MOO

^^bbm

Like most farmers, DR owned a power washer and kept it on his farm to clean his farm equipment.

The significance of the caked-on mud inside the front wheel wells is the fact that the tires and rims were washed clean. (Power washing the wheel wells would require the operator to physically lower their body and aim the wand under to reach the wells).

Having just power washed my deck, there's no comparing rain cleaning a vehicle (or deck) versus power washing a vehicle where even light-duty use results in about 1500-1900 PSI. A heavy downpour is more about the volume of rain in a short period. MOO
Thanks for explaining!

Just thinking about the Saturday morning call.

DR called his gma from his farm (according to the pings) at 6.51am and hung up bc of the rain, but said he would call her back later. While he had reception, there is sparse coverage in the area because of the low-population. His father mentioned 'spotty service' in a May 26th phone call with DR. There was heavy rain Saturday.

Is it weird to think he may have wanted to call her back, but couldn't, because heavy rain made already meagre cell reception unable to connect phone calls?
(edit: I live in a pretty rainy country and even despite me being quite close to phone towers, when it's storming, all phone and internet services are slower and sometimes even inoperable. Wondering if this is the case.)

I'm not a technical expert, but do we know what kind of ping was sent at 3.41pm Saturday? His phone is missing, but can we see his outgoing calls another way? I feel like his phone may be a puzzle piece we desperately need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
420xtal