UT UT - Dylan Rounds, 19, wkg on farm, “weird run-in” with a guy walking on gravel rd, no phone & CC activity, Lucin, Box Elder Co, 25 May 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not seen clarification of that. I might have heard 'chucked'.
If their position is consistent with being chucked from a moving vehicle it could open up a whole lot of possibilities...
Were the boots just thrown behind the dirt pile or set down like you would set them when you take them off?

There are images of where the boots were found In the YouTube videos. They were behind a dirt pile that is a short distance behind the “shop”. They were not near a road or in a place that looks like they could have been thrown from a vehicle. More like someone was standing on one side or on the dirt pile and tossed them to the other side. They were close to each other, like within 10 feet, but not standing side by side like someone had taken them off and set them down. IMO

1655222322770.png

I have not seen clarification of that. I might have heard 'chucked'.
If their position is consistent with being chucked from a moving vehicle it could open up a whole lot of possibilities...
In one of the early reports, the step-dad said the boots were not visible from the road -- they were located on the opposite side of the dirt heap.

There are images of where the boots were found In the YouTube videos. They were behind a dirt pile that is a short distance behind the “shop”. They were not near a road or in a place that looks like they could have been thrown from a vehicle. More like someone was standing on one side or on the dirt pile and tossed them to the other side. They were close to each other, like within 10 feet, but not standing side by side like someone had taken them off and set them down. IMO

View attachment 349363
Would a truck using or trying to use 4wd get in there, tho'?
Thanks for info.

View attachment 349363

Tossed from the top of the hill, maybe?

Any new information on the Nancy Grace show? <modsnip>

Did she mention Aiden Clune at all?

No mention of Aiden Clune.

The only thing new to me from the NG interview was a response by CC to a suggestion from a panel guest that if the family was displeased with the County response by BE & Elko Sheriffs, they could contact Utah's DPS with their own crime lab and more clout to which CC replied that she did receive a call from DPS on Saturday where she said the caller was reaching out on behest of the Governor. IMO, seemed CC quickly changed the subject here so perhaps she was asked not to discuss more here where maybe more is going on behind the scenes than known to the public.

Also, CC gave a better account of the earlier reported hoax in Montello. This allegedly occurred before the public was aware that DR was reported missing. A person that CC identified by his first name contacted the parents directly and said that DR was being held at a specific address in Montello where he was being detained/beaten prompting dad (JR) to contact Sheriff demanding they follow up at the address or he would take law into his own hands. To be clear, there was never a call placed to 911, the request for police to respond to the address for a hostage situation was by DR's parents in response to a call from somebody known to them. The owner of the residence fully cooperated with authorities and voluntarily gave them access to search residence where it was soon determined the information was not credible and a hoax.

Both NG podcast and Youtube are linked up-thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
No mention of Aiden Clune.

The only thing new to me from the NG interview was a response by CC to a suggestion from a panel guest that if the family was displeased with the County response by BE & Elko Sheriffs, they could contact Utah's DPS with their own crime lab and more clout to which CC replied that she did receive a call from DPS on Saturday where she said the caller was reaching out on behest of the Governor. IMO, seemed CC quickly changed the subject here so perhaps she was asked not to discuss more here where maybe more is going on behind the scenes than known to the public.

Also, CC gave a better account of the earlier reported hoax in Montello. This allegedly occurred before the public was aware that DR was reported missing. A person that CC identified by his first name contacted the parents directly and said that DR was being held at a specific address in Montello where he was being detained/beaten prompting dad (JR) to contact Sheriff demanding they follow up at the address or he would take law into his own hands. To be clear, there was never a call placed to 911, the request for police to respond to the address for a hostage situation was by DR's parents in response to a call from somebody known to them. The owner of the residence fully cooperated with authorities and voluntarily gave them access to search residence where it was soon determined the information was not credible and a hoax.

Both NG podcast and Youtube are linked up-thread.
This hoax thing is just crazy and it seems like a 'swatting' ----the weird thing that video game fanatics like to do for fun and clout.

Does DR play video games at night for fun? Does he have some friends that he plays games with online?

Swatting is a criminal harassment tactic of deceiving an emergency service (via such means as hoaxing an emergency services dispatcher) into sending a police or emergency service response team to another person's address. This is triggered by false reporting of a serious law enforcement emergency, such as a bomb threat, murder, hostage situation, or a false report of a mental health emergency, such as reporting that a person is allegedly suicidal or homicidal and may or may not be armed, among other things.

the timing of the "hoax" and Dylan actually going missing... too much of a coincidence IMO...

something really weird is going down IMO...
Is it something the hoaxer actually believed?
I'd be very interested in their thought process and if he did believe it, what existing factors contributed to his belief?

the timing of the "hoax" and Dylan actually going missing... too much of a coincidence IMO...

something really weird is going down IMO...
I am assuming law enforcement contacted the person who called his parents, right? I mean, that's the first thing I would do once I showed up at the house and found no evidence of anything. Seems to me that person either knows something or knows people who do know something.

remember that LE does not have to release everything they are working on, and can offer misleading information, often in an attempt to gain accurate information IYKWIM

ETA: Just saying, I don't think we know all there is to know about the "hoax" or what has been investigated so far IRT Dylan missing

I think so as well, I’m not sure but it might’ve been in his Mom’s interview. However, it is a remote area, not sure what wildlife one could encounter so perhaps Dylan always carried one when he was out on the farm?

That's possible. Many rural people do. Rattlesnakes hiding in the shade of a fencepost to keep cool, things like that.

Sorry!! I’m rusty at posting links and photos……wasn’t that great before.

For anyone interested, this MAY be the boot that DR was wearing. This style is very common in the construction industry because of the comfort and the ease or slipping them on and off so they don’t track mud. I’ve also seen the slip ins being worn by farmers around here.

I can’t find where it was stated where DR dug the pond. I know CC mentioned a track hoe somewhere near the shop, but don’t know if it was used to dig the pond.

Not that it matters, but the pile of dirt could be the spoil pile from the excavated dirt from building the pond.

I can’t find where it was stated where DR dug the pond. I know CC mentioned a track hoe somewhere near the shop, but don’t know if it was used to dig the pond.

Not that it matters, but the pile of dirt could be the spoil pile from the excavated dirt from building the pond.
Dylan built the pond near his trailer on the family owned property. The boots were found 5 miles away near the “shop”, which is on property that is owned by a limited liability corporation.

His father talked about the pond and shared pictures in one of his interviews. I think it was Fox News if anyone cares to find the source.

I would have thought that any fresh digging would really show up in that bare dry soil.

p.s. Somebody local--is the soil there soft and dusty? Or is this the salty alkali/salt flat hardpan?
The brothers that did the helicopter search posted up-thread were also looking for disturbed earth, signs of digging.
This hoax thing is just crazy and it seems like a 'swatting' ----the weird thing that video game fanatics like to do for fun and clout.

Does DR play video games at night for fun? Does he have some friends that he plays games with online?

Swatting is a criminal harassment tactic of deceiving an emergency service (via such means as hoaxing an emergency services dispatcher) into sending a police or emergency service response team to another person's address. This is triggered by false reporting of a serious law enforcement emergency, such as a bomb threat, murder, hostage situation, or a false report of a mental health emergency, such as reporting that a person is allegedly suicidal or homicidal and may or may not be armed, among other things.
Agree. And since CC has now twice named the same individual that both called the parents and told them that DR was being held hostage and the location he was being held, and next alleged to have spent Friday with DR in Montello but recently backed away from his sighting, I think this person's mental state might be compromised. What we don't know is his relationship to DR. Farmhand? Child of a farmhand? Town acquaintance? IMO, he must also be known to CC since she seemed to previously place more confidence in his word than evidence by police (relative to DR being in Montello on 5/27). MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member