Found Deceased UT - Elizabeth Shelley, 5, Logan, 25 May 2019, *Uncle Arrested* #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She is in danger no more, and there are rainbows everywhere she looks now. She gave such happiness and sweetness while she was here with her folks and friends -- and she was loved by many while she walked this sometimes mean earth. The one in danger now is her alleged tormentor and life-ender.
His fellow criminals will know all about him before he walks into that state penitentiary -- somehow they know -- and they will roll out the red carpet for their new fellow inmate -- actually that carpet may not be red until they are done with their "welcome to hell" party. It can't happen soon enuff, IMO, and it can't happen too often. Another evil (IMO) and selfish one bites the dust.
WTH was he thinking? SMH. She was just a sweet little girl, and we lost her. SMH.

God forgive me for embracing this scenario. I am sorry but he deserves it.

I often can't sleep and wake up in the middle of the night or even after. For some reason, when it is quiet and dark out and no one else is up, I think of Lizzy. I think of the night she was snug in her bed safe in her home or so she should have been before being taken at night by an evil monster. Then I think of her and rainbows and her delight in nature and the sky.

The case may be mostly over but this child is still fresh in our minds, I cannot imagine how very much harder it is for her loved ones.

You know, I too was restless last night and had the same exact thoughts. The most upsetting thoughts are exactly as you stated.. little Lizzy snug in her bed and taken right from her safe place, to be tortured and tossed out like trash in the dark night by a monster. I wonder if she was lured out to go on an adventure, or held at knife point and threatened to be silent "or else", and if so, what a brave little babe. I would prefer it not to be the ladder, as no child should ever feel threatened in their home, their comfort zone, their safe space. And obviously I would prefer it to never have happened.

I was thinking, am I crazy for feeling as hurt and upset as I do?! I didnt even know Lizzy, but her smile, those big brown eyes, and her sweet nature as described by family and friends... I would trade my own life to bring her back if it were possible. I've lived a pretty good life, but the world really just needs more Lizzys. These innocent sweet girls... far too many this year alone. I will never understand why, even though I do see how these tragic events have the power to bring strangers together in a very compassionate and beautiful way.

Lizzy will forever be my most beloved angel. I will never forget her, and I will always have a heavy heart for momma Jessica and daddy Deke.

You know, I too was restless last night and had the same exact thoughts. The most upsetting thoughts are exactly as you stated.. little Lizzy snug in her bed and taken right from her safe place, to be tortured and tossed out like trash in the dark night by a monster. I wonder if she was lured out to go on an adventure, or held at knife point and threatened to be silent "or else", and if so, what a brave little babe. I would prefer it not to be the ladder, as no child should ever feel threatened in their home, their comfort zone, their safe space. And obviously I would prefer it to never have happened.

I was thinking, am I crazy for feeling as hurt and upset as I do?! I didnt even know Lizzy, but her smile, those big brown eyes, and her sweet nature as described by family and friends... I would trade my own life to bring her back if it were possible. I've lived a pretty good life, but the world really just needs more Lizzys. These innocent sweet girls... far too many this year alone. I will never understand why, even though I do see how these tragic events have the power to bring strangers together in a very compassionate and beautiful way.

Lizzy will forever be my most beloved angel. I will never forget her, and I will always have a heavy heart for momma Jessica and daddy Deke.
bbm
No, @ThaCrysCat, you are definitely not crazy for your feelings and thoughts about our Lizzy.
Nearly everyone here on WS has a special child for whom he or she has the same feelings you are experiencing now. It says a lot about where your heart is.

I have one -- little 4 y/o Teghan Skiba.
Her torturer/murderer inflicted unbelievable horrors upon her for 4--5 days. He is now on Death Row in Raleigh, NC.
She has been with me since 2010. The worst I have ever seen, and I have seen some real horror stories here on WS and in the media.
GUILTY - NC - Teghan Skiba, 4, Smithfield, 19 July 2010 #1

Your feelings show that you are a normal, caring, and loving person, and not being able to help these little children is frustrating and maddening, and you just want the perpetrator to be punished and unable to do it ever again. And you just want this unimaginable madness to STOP.
Hugs. :(

bbm
No, @ThaCrysCat, you are definitely not crazy for your feelings and thoughts about our Lizzy.
Nearly everyone here on WS has a special child for whom he or she has the same feelings you are experiencing now. It says a lot about where your heart is.

I have one -- little 4 y/o Teghan Skiba.
Her torturer/murderer inflicted unbelievable horrors upon her for 4--5 days. He is now on Death Row in Raleigh, NC.
She has been with me since 2010. The worst I have ever seen, and I have seen some real horror stories here on WS and in the media.
GUILTY - NC - Teghan Skiba, 4, Smithfield, 19 July 2010 #1

Your feelings show that you are a normal, caring, and loving person, and not being able to help these little children is frustrating and maddening, and you just want the perpetrator to be punished and unable to do it ever again. And you just want this unimaginable madness to STOP.
Hugs. :(

Teghan Skiba's case was the very reason I tried to avoid the news and social media for a long time. 144 injuries over a 10 day span, including her birthday I believe. She was barely 4... in fact the exact age to the day of my little whom is snuggled right next to me atm. Could not fathom then how anyone could have tortured that sweet girl, or any child for that matter. But now I certainly cannot, because I know at age 4 these children that are abused not only know what that pain feels like but are paralized with fear when they know what is coming.

bless all of our tortured hearts <3

and it is comforting to know that others are compassionate about these angels :hugs:

Teghan Skiba's case was the very reason I tried to avoid the news and social media for a long time. 144 injuries over a 10 day span, including her birthday I believe. She was barely 4... in fact the exact age to the day of my little whom is snuggled right next to me atm. Could not fathom then how anyone could have tortured that sweet girl, or any child for that matter. But now I certainly cannot, because I know at age 4 these children that are abused not only know what that pain feels like but are paralized with fear when they know what is coming.

bless all of our tortured hearts <3

and it is comforting to know that others are compassionate about these angels :hugs:

I truly believe that children are in another place when all of those terrible things happen. Mentally, they can "compartmentalize" the horror, torture, so it is almost like they have a protective mechanism that isolates and detaches them from the atrocities.

This is the theory of why so many children who have survived horrific abuse, are often diagnosed with multiple personality disorder, when they are older. The ones who survived.

I truly believe that children are in another place when all of those terrible things happen. Mentally, they can "compartmentalize" the horror, torture, so it is almost like they have a protective mechanism that isolates and detaches them from the atrocities.

I hope this is the case for all of these children. I truly do. I want to believe they didnt suffer... and if they did, my next hope is that it wasnt for very long.

As a parent I remember the multitude of positive emotions i felt immediately after having my girls. you could have pissed in my cheerios and i still would have had a slap-happy grin from ear to ear. couldnt wait to get them home from the hospital and devour every second i had with them without the nurse telling me to put them back in that awful, cold, plastic newborn bed. i also remember the wave of fear that washed over me as i admired their perfectly innocent little baby faces. it was a fear i had never experienced, thinking of all the horrible things that could happen to them outside of my control.

I doubt the coward that murdered Lizzy will ever provide details about her final moments, so we will never actually know. but I would love more than anything to believe that she did not feel pain (or at least, not for long before fight or flight kicked in). I was awaiting her autopsy report to confirm my beliefs and to hopefully provide some closure, but I am not sure it will be released at this point due to Alex's guilty plea. Then again, Chris Watts pleaded guilty and his wife/children's autopsy was relased.

Loads of unanswered questions and another restless night.

(edited for typo)

You put I think the feelings of many of us into eloquent well said words. I try to not let myself go to what all likely happened to her that night. There was something about her (as there is of all innocents) but in her case, her mother for one thing, gave us a good glimpse of who she was and what this child was all about and showed grace and honored her child despite the nature of her death, she made it about her life.

Yes, there have been far too many this year alone. She was far from the first case I followed but I guess the darkness of night makes me think of her...

And I did not even know her but feel as if I did.

Jmo.

Maximum sentence given to Alex Whipple:

Uncle sentenced to life in a Utah prison for killing 5-year-old Lizzy Shelley

Logan • A judge sentenced a Utah man to spend the rest of his life in prison for kidnapping, sexually assaulting and killing his 5-year-old niece.

Whipple pleaded guilty to aggravated murder, child kidnapping, rape of a child and sodomy of a child. In court papers filed ahead of the sentencing, Cache County Attorney James Swink asked 1st District Judge Kevin Allen to dole out the maximum sentence possible. And Allen did so.

“You will never see the light of day, you will never breathe free air again,” Allen said before announcing the sentence. “But what you did was so abhorrent and vile that you must spend the rest of you life in prison.”

Whipple now faces a life without parole sentence for aggravated murder.

"The defendant's actions were the ultimate betrayal of trust," Swink wrote. "The trust that a niece has in her uncle to protect her; the trust that a sister has in her brother to protect her and her children."

Rest in Peace Lizzy, stay strong Lizzy's mom <3

Maximum sentence given to Alex Whipple:

Uncle sentenced to life in a Utah prison for killing 5-year-old Lizzy Shelley

Logan • A judge sentenced a Utah man to spend the rest of his life in prison for kidnapping, sexually assaulting and killing his 5-year-old niece.

Whipple pleaded guilty to aggravated murder, child kidnapping, rape of a child and sodomy of a child. In court papers filed ahead of the sentencing, Cache County Attorney James Swink asked 1st District Judge Kevin Allen to dole out the maximum sentence possible. And Allen did so.

“You will never see the light of day, you will never breathe free air again,” Allen said before announcing the sentence. “But what you did was so abhorrent and vile that you must spend the rest of you life in prison.”

Whipple now faces a life without parole sentence for aggravated murder.

"The defendant's actions were the ultimate betrayal of trust," Swink wrote. "The trust that a niece has in her uncle to protect her; the trust that a sister has in her brother to protect her and her children."

Rest in Peace Lizzy, stay strong Lizzy's mom <3
I thought this was a capital case....
I really don't get it...Utah has death penalty.
If they don't want to use it for a cruel murder like that, I don't understand why they have capital punishment...nonsense...

I thought this was a capital case....
I really don't get it...Utah has death penalty.
If they don't want to use it for a cruel murder like that, I don't understand why they have capital punishment...nonsense...
The DA took the death penalty off the table in exchange for Whipple leading LE to Elizabeth's body - less than a half mile from the house, right in the same area where all the evidence was found. She was hidden under leaves and debris.

The DA took the death penalty off the table in exchange for Whipple leading LE to Elizabeth's body - less than a half mile from the house, right in the same area where all the evidence was found. She was hidden under leaves and debris.
You know I really hate this kind of "exchanges"...they only have one purpose: save criminals from the death penalty. :cool:

You know I really hate this kind of "exchanges"...they only have one purpose: save criminals from the death penalty. :cool:

I don't know if UT moratorium on capital punishment lifted so if not, any "exchange" is only worth the paper it's printed on.

He's young, and will never see the light of day outside his cell.

I'm glad the family recovered their child sooner than later -- allowing for her to be viewed. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d2xresearcher
Back