UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
~southernbrunette
did she ever mention her mom and dad at all?

Yep. Told sad stories of her dad abusing her (I can't recall many details because it was a while ago and it didn't even sound believable to me) when she was little and abandoning her and she talked about how she "disowned" her mother and called her not-nice names.

Her stories were so plentiful and unbelievable (not to mention inappropriate at work) that a lot of times they went in one ear and out the other, wish I'd paid more attention to them now.

So she "disowned" them yet continued to harp on it incessantly... yup she's a little N-U-T!

I am no professional but I'd definitely say she's a sociopath. At the very least she's a compulsive liar. Way too many grandiose stories for them all to be believable, IMO. It got to the point where I seriously just stopped listening to her and "smiled and nodded" every time she talked. It sort of became the running joke between all the rest of the girls at work..whenever she'd walk away like to the kitchen or to a table we'd look at each other and just say "Yep - just smile and nod, just smile and nod.."

sounds more histrionic or narcissistic. a sociopath would never cry if the girls she worked with made fun of her boob job. she would be too busy plotting how to make them suffer for it.

eyes4crime - don't know if you got these yet for the timeline. Just copying them in here since I'm reading the article.

Hugs,
BeanE

May 9

- When Joe Stacy received a call from his ex-wife's new husband on Mother's Day, he knew something was wrong.

For a fifth straight day, Nathan Sloop wouldn't allow 4-year-old Ethan to talk to his father, but Stacy and fiancée Becky Elswick sensed something else was off as well.

"His whole tone had changed. He just didn't seem the same. We even made comments about it," Elswick said during a Thursday interview at the apartment she and Stacy share above a gas station in Richlands.

During the call, Sloop handed the phone to a Layton police officer who confirmed Ethan was missing. But because Stacy said Sloop had lied to him before, he immediately called the police station to confirm the story.

May 11

- The morning after the troubling May 9 call, Elswick said she opened the mail to find a Mother's Day card signed "From your son, Ethan" in Stephanie Sloop's handwriting.

- Then on May 11, what Joe and Becky viewed as odd behavior came together in one nightmarish phone call. Nathan Sloop telephoned in the middle of the night to say Ethan was missing.

The boy had been wandering away from their apartment, he said, and Sloop told Stacy he had stacked items near the door so they would make noise if the door opened. When Sloop heard the noise, he woke up, threw on a pair of pants and ran to the door within 45 seconds, he told Stacy.

Dad recalls conversations prior to discovery of boy's body
Updated: 05/22/2010 09:43:15 PM MDT
http://www.sltrib.com/D=g/ci_15142408

Not timeline related but interesting info from article:

Stacy said police realized there may be a problem after Stacy told them Stephanie Sloop had told him Ethan's jaw was "a mess" due to an allergic reaction to grapefruit. Nathan Sloop, in contrast, had told police Ethan had reacted to a peanut allergy.

Stephanie Sloop had told Stacy and Elswick she had to clip Ethan's nails because he had scratched his jaw so much.

"He had no allergy problems before. He was allergic to nothing. He ate a variety of foods," Stacy said,

Nursebeeme and all of WS my name is Stacie and my daughters name is Leighton and her Fathers name is Nathan. This case has really brought out alot of my past that I so very hard to try and forget. I'm very lucky to have her and that she has a really good Dad and his family. I have no family except her and that is good enough for me. Ella was my Great Grandmother's name and I thought It was so pretty. I just wanted you all to know ....I'm Stacie and this little boy has helped me in his death to come out and tell the truth. Ethan is an Angel.

Stacie I am in awe that you have the strength to post this!! I cry for Ethan and this morning I cry that his death HAS helped you!! It's amazing the power us humans have over & with one another. I hope and pray you feel the love from all of us who have read your posts. We are people seperated by states and countries but I know without a doubt we all would/will help when we hear someone screaming in pain & for help.
So thank you Stacie!! You have opened my heart and mind today.

Well if S couldn't handle someone being critical of her before, she sure isn't going to like how the entire world feels about her now!!

One thing that strikes me is all the drama she seemed to want, was everything about how much attention she could get?
If she thrived on drama and attention, was the idea of a missing child appealing to her? Did she originally think that everything would belive what they made up and everyone would rally around her?

There are so many high profile cases of missing children, she very well have seen this as a way to bring money in plus getting all the attention it appears she was craving.

I really wish she could get the message about how she and N are no longer on the Bridal Registry at Macys, I bet hearing that would get her crying more than she ever has for poor Ethan.

VB

I could be way off base here, but I've been thinking about that Mother's Day Card. I wonder if Stephanie was trying to jump the gun here. We all know that Ethan was not in any condition to talk prior to Mother's Day and they didn't want him to tell anyone what they had done, even if he could talk. Perhaps Stephanie expected that Joe's girl-friend would want to talk to Ethan on Mother's Day or she/Joe would expect Ethan to want to talk to her. How was she going to get around this? Maybe she thought if she sent this card, she could buy a little more time of Ethan not speaking to his father. Or maybe I am way off and it was some sick passive-aggressive move on Stephanie's part. Any theories or thoughts?

Ethan didn't have to die
By Bob Greene, CNN Contributor
May 23, 2010 8:54 a.m. EDT

What could have been done to save him?

"I don't have a good answer for you," Layton police Lt. Garret Atkin, one of many law enforcement officers in Davis County, Utah, who are grieving for the boy who lived among them so briefly, told me.

The facts of what happened to Ethan speak for themselves

http://www.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/05/20/greene.ethan.stacy/?hpt=C2

The morning after the troubling May 9 call, Elswick said she opened the mail to find a Mother's Day card signed "From your son, Ethan" in Stephanie Sloop's handwriting​

OMG, I am speechless.​

She is one twisted, sick puppy. Who does that? I would never send the girlfriend or wife of my sons father a mothers day card from my son. "From your son, Etahn", um he was your son and you should have protected him...God this chick is whacked on so many levels.:crazy:

sounds more histrionic or narcissistic. a sociopath would never cry if the girls she worked with made fun of her boob job. she would be too busy plotting how to make them suffer for it.

Sociopaths can cry for themselves.

southernbrunette...Just wanted to thank you so much for taking the time to share your personal knowledge of SS. This case is so important to so many of us and has become a sad centerpiece to our lives. In the spirit of justice, we all want to know EVERYTHING that happened to Ethan, so those horrible things that were done in the dark can be brought into the light.

I know it must be painful and bewildering for you to recall all these memories of details and such, but it means so much to us. Thank you for sharing.

(snipped)

Dad recalls conversations prior to discovery of boy's body
Updated: 05/22/2010 09:43:15 PM MDT

Stephanie Sloop had told Stacy and Elswick she had to clip Ethan's nails because he had scratched his jaw so much.

For the health professionals...would Ethan have touched his face at all after the type of trauma he received? I'm assuming the "scratching" was an embellishing lie to reinforce the idea of an "allergy," so I don't believe he was scratching anything.

But I do LOATHE the idea of SS clipping Ethan's nails. :( That's a very, very vulnerable position to put the little boy in. I HOPE that part was a lie, too, and that she didn't lay a hand on his fingertips.

(snipped)

For the health professionals...would Ethan have touched his face at all after the type of trauma he received? I'm assuming the "scratching" was an embellishing lie to reinforce the idea of an "allergy," so I don't believe he was scratching anything.

But I do LOATHE the idea of SS clipping Ethan's nails. :( That's a very, very vulnerable position to put the little boy in. I HOPE that part was a lie, too, and that she didn't lay a hand on his fingertips.

Honestly I have never seen an "allergic reaction" like that. (those kids are usually rushed to the ER and NOT taken to a pediatrician)I did have one little girl come in covered in hives from fire ant bites. Her fever was so high and she was so swollen that she cried when we touched her. her face however was not swollen at all. She was not scratching herself.

The itchy (est) kids I have seen were in the process of breaking out with chicken pox but with just a few pox the clawing was not bad. We did tell moms to cut their finger nails to cut down on the likelyhood of infection.

The other one I can think of would be ones with severe allergic reactions to poison ivy... but even then it also hurts to scratch too much due to the swelling.

IMO if Ethan was having an allergic reaction to ANYTHING... and his face reacted like it did... There is NO WAY he would be capable of maintaining his airway. An allergic reaction like that is systemic. His throat would have swollen shut BEFORE his face got to that point... MOO
BUT there is ALWAYS that one kid that proves ya wrong sooo. Take it with a grain of salt...

The armchair psychologist in me wants to throw Borderline Personality Disorder into her mix!!

Stacy said police realized there may be a problem after Stacy told them Stephanie Sloop had told him Ethan's jaw was "a mess" due to an allergic reaction to grapefruit. Nathan Sloop, in contrast, had told police Ethan had reacted to a peanut allergy.

Thanks for the follow-up comments on Ethan's jaw. I think my question may have been a bit confusing. I'm more referring to the trauma of broken bones, not an allergy.

I'm curious to know whether or not Ethan would've touched his face at all after his jaw was broken and bruised. Would he have pressed or pulled or "scratched" his face in any way if his bones were broken?

Does anyone know of a child that likes grapefruit? It was an aquired taste for me and my kids...
Not that it matters... I think that was from a beating and not an allergy anywhoooo.

Thanks for the follow-up comments on Ethan's jaw. I think my question may have been a bit confusing. I'm more referring to the trauma of broken bones, not an allergy.

I'm curious to know whether or not Ethan would've touched his face at all after his jaw was broken and bruised. Would he have pressed or pulled or "scratched" his face in any way if his bones were broken?
Sorry I misunderstood...

No.I do not believe so... with broken bones most children will "guard" the injury to prevent it from being touched or bumped even by accident...
Sorta like an adult would "hold" the jaw from toothache pain...

Sorry I misunderstood...

No.I do not believe so... with broken bones most children will "guard" the injury to prevent it from being touched or bumped even by accident...

Gotcha. Thanks for your patience in addressing that question again. :)

I suspected he'd "guard" his face. I wonder if SS really did trim Ethan's nails to back up her story?? My mind went back to the way his little fist is balled up in the video game photo.

In any case, would a broken jaw have pretty much immobilized him? I know when I'm in excruciating pain, I feel the need to sit in one spot without moving. If Ethan sat still for the most part, I wonder how NS and SS could've been so provoked to continue beating on him. Except for inaction. Inaction and a lack of response can send some people over the edge if they feel they're being ignored. ???

Attachments

• anaphylaxis.gif
    anaphylaxis.gif
    31.9 KB · Views: 10
  • ANAPHYL.jpg
    ANAPHYL.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 14
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online