UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.

That is part of what tears me apart about this. He went from being loved and cherished beyond description to being brutalized and tortured. In just a period of days.

my snip

and that's what sends me into hysteria over this particular ...grrrr....they barely had him 5 days before torturing him! WHY WHY WHY.

WHY not give him back to his dad who loved him? WHY?

I should have been more clear. What I posted applies to child support enforced through the state via an IV-D agency. Child support issues handled outside state agencies don't follow the same procedures. My case is through the state.

ETA: We don't know if child support for Ethans case was handled through the state or not....

I've never actually heard of an IV-D agency.. Mine has always been handled by the NC Child Support Enforcement Agency until recently, when they decided to switch it to the VA CSEA (I moved back to VA a couple months after our original hearing) I know that if my daughter ever got injured while at my home, I would not hesitate taking her to a doctor or the ER, no matter the bill.. I may want to kick my ex because of the full bill compared to what it could of been with insurance... but I would never hesitate providing her medical coverage.

this case is so sickening.. poor baby Ethan and his father.. I can only barely touch on the he** he could be feeling.. as I dread every time I drop my baby off, fear ripping through me, is this going to be the last visit.. Knowing that dread you feel when your baby looks at you and tells you they don't want to go see the other parent...

I hope those monsters ROT!!

very true!
my point was IF she has diabetes and that is a big IF while in jail/prison whatever ya call it they would have to provide her with balanced meals in a timely fashion and based on that diagnosis alone she might have better meal options than someone without diabetes?
wouldn't they?

Usually in institutional settings diabetic meals are *worse* than the ordinary meals since they have to be cobbled together from the same food supply. I've been in the hospital before and the diabetics always say the meals are worse because they get the same thing day after say.

Pretty powerful image.

esc.jpg

Pat Bagley cartoon in the May 14th Salt Lake City Tribune depicts a father holding tight his son while a newspaper lay on the floor with front page headline of Ethan Stacy.

The images from the tribute from myspace (the silly webcam) and this made me start bawling again. Had to come out of lurking to comment. Thank you all for posting those.

I have a five year old son and seeing him play and laugh, and be such a daddy's boy, and knowing that Ethan was the same. I cry every time I think about it, that Ethan is the same as my little boy so full of life and happiness. I hope justice is served, because I can't make sense of it, and I never will.

Perhaps I was too harsh on the judge. I just wish, that, --- when it comes to kids who are clearly caught in the midst of difficult situations -- there would be an adult who could/would say something like -- "I'm worried about this child, I'm worried about the environment he/she is going into. I'm going to make sure he/she is checked on and/or his/her situation is re-evaluated" (preferably by someone who is experienced in child welfare). Or perhaps, what I am desiring, is naught more than a pipe dream -- and trusting children can no more be protected from monsters than a lamb from a wolf

32189_1273477401701_1372905552_30592551_7397153_n.jpg

32558_1125608716595_1718485371_223901_3387205_n.jpg

Source: Justice for Ethan Stacy facebook page

Ethan was just so sweet and loved.

Perhaps I was too harsh on the judge. I just wish, that, --- when it comes to kids who are clearly caught in the midst of difficult situations -- there would be an adult who could/would say something like -- "I'm worried about this child, I'm worried about the environment he/she is going into. I'm going to make sure he/she is checked on and/or his/her situation is re-evaluated" (preferably by someone who is experienced in child welfare). Or perhaps, what I am desiring, is naught more than a pipe dream -- and trusting children can no more be protected from monsters than a lamb from a wolf

No its not a pipe dream, children in those types of situations should have a monitor during visitations to a new environment. Never left alone with no supervision, especially when there is concern about the child's well being.

I understand. What I wish, is that coparenting classes were mandatory as part of the divorce proceedings prior to the finalization of the divorce when children are involved. I'm sure the 'professionals' would know reasonable amount of times, and measures which could be put into place for couples who are cooperative, and those who are not.

In cases where one parent moves out of the area, they could look at the reasons. Where they valid or by choice?

I know it would have helped me a lot had I known these were available. They were in my county and they were FREE. however, they would have had to have been recommended by a judge or magistrate and for OT reasons, I was unaware they were available until much later or I would have requested them.

Also, rules such as overnight guests that are of the opposite sex. SOME custody agreements have them, but they are not standard. Even something like that would be beneficial.

Sadly, I think even those would be fought by those who would say they are violations of our freedom......

It is frustrating when parents do not put their kids first. :banghead:

Some kids can't be protected because some outcomes can't be foreseen.

But, as parents we have the right to make decisions for our children. Disallowing two parents to reach an agreement prior to seeing a judge would be a violation of our rights.

I realize people want to reach out, place blame, find a reason no one interceded for this child prior to his egg donor and her monstrous husband murdering this child, but the reality of it is in this case if no one, including Ethans father had any forsight this would happen how would a judge?

I have no doubt if Joe had an incling SS and NS were a danger to Ethan he would have NEVER come to an agreement via mediation. However, it is his right by law to be allowed the opportunity to do so - without asking a judge take his right as a parent to make decisions for his child.

The family court judge who approved the agreement Joe and Stephanie made regarding their divorce is NOT to blame for Ethans murder. Only Stephanie and Nathan are to blame.

JMO

ET: Not every parent divorcing is unable to come to an agreement and put their children first. LOTS and lots of parents can and do. Unfortunately we don't often hear succesful coparenting stories. They aren't newsworthy..... but they do happen.

I actually agree. The judge did what she was supposed to do. The state isn't supposed to act as parent unless the parent is PROVEN to be unfit.

I understand. What I wish, is that coparenting classes were mandatory as part of the divorce proceedings prior to the finalization of the divorce when children are involved. I'm sure the 'professionals' would know reasonable amount of times, and measures which could be put into place for couples who are cooperative, and those who are not.

In cases where one parent moves out of the area, they could look at the reasons. Where they valid or by choice?

I know it would have helped me a lot had I known these were available. They were in my county and they were FREE. however, they would have had to have been recommended by a judge or magistrate and for OT reasons, I was unaware they were available until much later or I would have requested them.

Also, rules such as overnight guests that are of the opposite sex. SOME custody agreements have them, but they are not standard. Even something like that would be beneficial.

Sadly, I think even those would be fought by those who would say they are violations of our freedom......

It is frustrating when parents do not put their kids first. :banghead:

BBM

Coparenting classes ARE actually mandatory in many states - Utah and Colorado are two. Both parents have to attend these classes and have a voucher signed by the teacher in order to get the divorce before the judge. I don't really think that is the issue here, and I don't believe those classes would have helped. I also don't think that this tragedy occurred because of a deficit in the court system or a lack of concern in divorce and child custody cases.

I think this is nothing other than the product of two sick individuals... and I still stand by my belief that drugs were involved.

BBM

Coparenting classes ARE actually mandatory in many states - Utah and Colorado are two. Both parents have to attend these classes and have a voucher signed by the teacher in order to get the divorce before the judge. I don't really think that is the issue here, and I don't believe those classes would have helped. I also don't think that this tragedy occurred because of a deficit in the court system or a lack of concern in divorce and child custody cases.

I think this is nothing other than the product of two sick individuals... and I still stand by my belief that drugs were involved.

Thank you. I wasn't aware they were mandatory in some states. I am a never married mom, so I am not as familiar with the divorce stuff.

Though, I don't know how SS would have been able to be involved in these classes since she hasn't resided in FL for sometime. I too don't believe it would have made a difference in this case.

perhaps we are just re-evaluating. Even if just to educate ourselves, answer any questions.... in a comforting way... since everyone is so eager to see Justice brought quickly in this case.

ETA: And we as sleuths want to look at the facts, as we wonder why.

BBM

BBM

I worry that this kind of situation is unavoidable. From what it seems (and I may have missed something), the judge had no reason not to give summer custody to the mother. No one could have predicted that something his horrific would happen. It makes me sad to know that we can't protect everyone and it makes me sick to think about Ethan.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=10845155

Ethan Stacy case could be prosecuted under 'Shelby's Law'

In 2006, 10-year-old Shelby Andrews was tortured and abused by her father and stepmother. Ryan and Angela Andrews are now serving 15 years to life in prison for her murder.

At the time, prosecutors could not seek the death penalty against the couple because they didn't think they could prove intent to kill.

snipped...

Ray wrote a bill that makes child abuse deaths involving reckless indifference a capital offense. Shelby's Law passed in 2007. Ethan's case could be the first one prosecuted under that law.

http://www.clippertoday.com/view/full_story/7551482/article-%E2%80%98Ethan-Stacy-is-safe-now%E2%80%99?instance=home_news_1st_left

At a press conference Friday, Davis County Attorney Troy Rawlings said his office was delaying charging the couple as they continue to sift through evidence and wait for the final autopsy results. Those charges may be filed on May 28, when the couple again appears in court.

“It is the intent of the Davis County Attorney’s Office to file the most serious charges and to seek the maximum penalties that the facts and law will allow us to do against Nathan and Stephanie Sloop for the death of 4-year-old Ethan Stacy,” Rawlings told members of the media.

Those charges are expected to be aggravated homicide, which carries three possible outcomes if the couple is found guilty. They include the death penalty, life in prison without the possibility of parole, or 20 years to life with parole.

At the press conference, Rawlings refused to go into the details of the case, and said the probable cause statements released on May 13, did not tell the whole story.

http://www.clippertoday.com/view/full_story/7551482/article-%E2%80%98Ethan-Stacy-is-safe-now%E2%80%99?instance=home_news_1st_left

At a press conference Friday, Davis County Attorney Troy Rawlings said his office was delaying charging the couple as they continue to sift through evidence and wait for the final autopsy results. Those charges may be filed on May 28, when the couple again appears in court.

“It is the intent of the Davis County Attorney’s Office to file the most serious charges and to seek the maximum penalties that the facts and law will allow us to do against Nathan and Stephanie Sloop for the death of 4-year-old Ethan Stacy,” Rawlings told members of the media.

Those charges are expected to be aggravated homicide, which carries three possible outcomes if the couple is found guilty. They include the death penalty, life in prison without the possibility of parole, or 20 years to life with parole.

At the press conference, Rawlings refused to go into the details of the case, and said the probable cause statements released on May 13, did not tell the whole story.

bbm

I can't imagine this getting any worse. Unbelievable what they have done.
It is hard to comprehend.

Cubby, I don't know how the divorce classes work when two parents reside in different states. I also don't know if Florida has the mandatory classes. These are typically ordered by the state where the case is filed.

I really do think it is important to re-evaluate, to understand the why. Hopefully if we know how and why these things happen, we can prevent them in the future. In this case, I don't really know that there were any warning signs that something this tragic would happen, and that is part of the tragedy of it...

MOO

bbm

I can't imagine this getting any worse. Unbelievable what they have done.
It is hard to comprehend.

As sick as this case has been already, I pray that all of us will find the strength to get through it when more information comes out.
There's going to be quite a bit of video evidence IMO showing N & S at different locations while all of it was happening, plus the horrible cell phone pictures.
My heart continues to go out to Joe and the rest of Ethans family who love him so.
I heard on one report that he's said he will be coming to Utah when it's time everything goes to court.

VB

31235_126022940746335_100000158901558_327583_3986321_n.jpg

I’m not sure if this picture has been posted on WS or not ….
But IMO this is one of the first abuse photos… it appears to be taken by the
door of the apartment and he has a shirt that says “my mom is hot”.
If you look at his face you can see a few marks… also if you compare
his hair in this photo to the one of him sitting on the couch it looks like they
cut his hair after this one was taken.:(

View attachment 9292

I’m not sure if this picture has been posted on WS or not ….
But IMO this is one of the first abuse photos… it appears to be taken by the
door of the apartment and he has a shirt that says “my mom is hot”.
If you look at his face you can see a few marks… also if you compare
his hair in this photo to the one of him sitting on the couch it looks like they
cut his hair after this one was taken.:(

I did not know that was taken at their apartment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC