UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not know that was taken at their apartment.

I'm almost positive it was... if you look at the photos of the vigil you can
see some people going up to the door and IMO it looks like the same place.

View attachment 9292

I’m not sure if this picture has been posted on WS or not ….
But IMO this is one of the first abuse photos… it appears to be taken by the
door of the apartment and he has a shirt that says “my mom is hot”.
If you look at his face you can see a few marks… also if you compare
his hair in this photo to the one of him sitting on the couch it looks like they
cut his hair after this one was taken.:(

...still smiling for the camera, though...sweet baby.

Thanks. I know from experience of some close to me that sometimes the state doesn't go after them with quite the same zeal as they do when it involves someone on welfare. However the state of Florida pursued my ex years after the original order, long after I'd given up hope of ever seeing a single penny from him (he never paid at all, ever). Imagine my surprise (and his too) when they caught up with him in Michigan and began garnisheeing his wages for what was owed me plus interest. These checks started coming to me when my daughter was 28, I'm sure he believed he was in the clear once she reached 18. Because of the interest charged, the total he ended up paying was almost 3 times what it would have been if he'd only kept up with the payments in the first place.

/OT

Good, this is what needs to happen when another parent isn't helping to pay for the expenses of their child. We all have bills to pay and anyone that is actually paying for a child knows how expensive it is to raise a child. There isn't just insurance and daycare, food and school costs.

I don't know if it varies by state, but I believe that any back owed child support in some states may be ordered to be paid to the child once they reach 18, at least I know of a person whose father asked them to forgive all back due support once they were older, not sure what the circumstances were. Regardless, it should go to the person who was paying for the child all those years and if they happen to not be around any longer than yes, by all means it should go to the child.

I'm almost positive it was... if you look at the photos of the vigil you can
see some people going up to the door and IMO it looks like the same place.

I don't know. That was posted by family or friends on the FB pages. I don't think they would have had access to any photos SS took while he was in Utah.

View attachment 9292

I’m not sure if this picture has been posted on WS or not ….
But IMO this is one of the first abuse photos… it appears to be taken by the
door of the apartment and he has a shirt that says “my mom is hot”.
If you look at his face you can see a few marks… also if you compare
his hair in this photo to the one of him sitting on the couch it looks like they
cut his hair after this one was taken.:(

This photo was taken by someone who attended his vigil. If you notice, the door doesn't have the metal piece at the bottom as shown in the one you posted.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...iew=global&subj=122374551115521&id=1717427750

BBM

I worry that this kind of situation is unavoidable. From what it seems (and I may have missed something), the judge had no reason not to give summer custody to the mother. No one could have predicted that something his horrific would happen. It makes me sad to know that we can't protect everyone and it makes me sick to think about Ethan.

I agree that there doesn't appear to be anything that would have predicted this tragedy. I probably sound like a broken record here but I'll point it out again, only because IMO it says a million words. She had willingly not seen her own 4 year old in 8 months, I really don't know what else you need to order or request that their visitation be limited and or supervised until she showed she had good decision making as a parent and cared more about herself than her child. What really gets me is the hysterical message she left for her friend saying Ethan won't stop crying, he just wants mommy. Um, no duh, he hasn't seen you in 8 months, he doesn't want NS, he wants you and your undivided attention and your too busy caring about what NS needs/wants to give Ethan his mommy and take care of him & protect him like a mother is supposed to.:banghead:

This photo was taken by someone who attended his vigil. If you notice, the door doesn't have the metal piece at the bottom as shown in the one you posted.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...iew=global&subj=122374551115521&id=1717427750

I think it does.. it's just at an angle so it looks different.
Also... why would his dad put a shirt on him that says "my mom is hot"?
IMO it's the same... look at the blinds.. the color of the door and the fact
he is standing on cement and you can see the raling in the reflection.
Zoom in and you can see the paint is peeling at the same spot.

I agree that there doesn't appear to be anything that would have predicted this tragedy. I probably sound like a broken record here but I'll point it out again, only because IMO it says a million words. She had willingly not seen her own 4 year old in 8 months, I really don't know what else you need to order or request that their visitation be limited and or supervised until she showed she had good decision making as a parent and cared more about herself than her child. What really gets me is the hysterical message she left for her friend saying Ethan won't stop crying, he just wants mommy. Um, no duh, he hasn't seen you in 8 months, he doesn't want NS, he wants you and your undivided attention and your too busy caring about what NS needs/wants to give Ethan his mommy and take care of him & protect him like a mother is supposed to.:banghead:

You're absolutely right, but the parents came to an agreement and the judge approved it. One party requests something, evidence is presented and the judge rules. That didn't happen and the judge followed the law.
Believe me when I say it's rare for me to ever defend the family court system, but I haven't seen anything that indicates this judge was at fault.

I think it does.. it's just at an angle so it looks different.
Also... why would his dad put a shirt on him that says "my mom is hot"?
IMO it's the same... look at the blinds.. the color of the door and the fact
he is standing on cement and you can see the raling in the reflection.
Zoom in and you can see the paint is peeling at the same spot.

Maybe so, but I'm not seeing it as the same only because of the metal kick shield ... but if it is, I pray they take it down. They shouldn't post anything taken from that hell hole.

http://www.clippertoday.com/view/full_story/7551482/article-%E2%80%98Ethan-Stacy-is-safe-now%E2%80%99?instance=home_news_1st_left

At the press conference, Rawlings refused to go into the details of the case, and said the probable cause statements released on May 13, did not tell the whole story.

snipped

I don't think this necessarily means that the horrors little Ethan experienced were worse than we've heard so far (though it might :( )

I think it's that they want to pin more on SS. The probable cause statement was based on what SS told LE, and I'm SURE she down-played her role in this. Still, it was enough to haul them both in, so they took what they got. And SS was probably telling the truth about what NS did. I think she just conveniently left out what SHE did.

And NS isn't talking. He has nothing to gain from talking at this point, even if it would mean sharing the blame for some of the worst abuse. Who would believe him?

I think Rawlings is looking for independent evidence that she participated in the abuse.

Maybe so, but I'm not seeing it as the same only because of the metal kick shield ... but if it is, I pray they take it down. They shouldn't post anything taken from that hell hole.

And that shirt is just devastating. :furious:

I can't stand to look at it.

I don't think that any more pictures should be released....ever. At what point does the family's privacy supercede the public's right to know? I, personally, have heard more than enough and don't think my heart or my head can take any more. My mood swings are awful.

I only hope I am around long enough to see that they both get what they so rightfully deserve and even that isn't enough.

It isn't the same outside door, but I also think it was taken at the apartment complex in Layton. Look at the reflection in the window. You can see stairs going up/down.

eta... these pics of the Sloop's door looks like the one in the hot mom pic:
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!...iew=global&subj=122374551115521&id=1717427750

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!...iew=global&subj=122374551115521&id=1717427750

BBM

Coparenting classes ARE actually mandatory in many states - Utah and Colorado are two. Both parents have to attend these classes and have a voucher signed by the teacher in order to get the divorce before the judge. I don't really think that is the issue here, and I don't believe those classes would have helped. I also don't think that this tragedy occurred because of a deficit in the court system or a lack of concern in divorce and child custody cases.

I think this is nothing other than the product of two sick individuals... and I still stand by my belief that drugs were involved.

bbm.....This is mandatory in Texas also but....I filed for divorce in Texas and my ex was living in Oklahoma. I took the class and had the waiver signed. My ex didn't take the class and didn't even show up for the divorce hearing. Judge gave me everything I asked for and he didn't even get regular visitation. So while they say it is mandatory, I think the mandatoryness is a little lax. I'm not complaining though, it went in my favor this time!

So here's a "wierd" thing -- I live in a nice middle class neighborhood -- but like most neighborhoods, some of the folks living in this one have "issues." There is a house across the street that almost seems like a boarding house -- young people coming and going -- I suspect there may have been some "dealing" going on there to pay the rent. The Mom is single, her Mother lives there too-- anyway, about two years ago, I noticed a baby was there. Apparently, one of the sons and his girlfriend had a child, and they must have joint custody. I have watched as the little boy plays in the front yard with -- let's just say, all kinds of people, and it has made me nervous. Sometimes it appears he isn't watched much at all. Fast forward to yesterday -- I looked in my front yard and lo and behold there he was -- he's about two years old, has the same very short blond hair like Ethan had -- glasses -- big eyes -- and I thought -- ah ha, whereas I have been trying to not get involved in this situation (because I have a tendancy to get involved a little too often if you know what I mean) -- I suddenly realized -- that is exactly what I need to do -- talk to him, talk to his parents, blow bubbles, give him a popsicle, let him play with the sidewalk chalk and run after him if I see him standing in the middle of the court. I know it's not fair to be judgemental -- his parents are twenty somethings -- working -- in my mind, they were not and are not ready for this tremendous responsibility. But after going through what we've all gone through with Ethan's death -- I'm thanking God for the chance to make a difference. Just wanted to share this as an example of how God really can bring something good out of terrible pain. Rest in peace, dear little Ethan -- you have made a positive difference in people's lives!!

I understand. What I wish, is that coparenting classes were mandatory as part of the divorce proceedings prior to the finalization of the divorce when children are involved. I'm sure the 'professionals' would know reasonable amount of times, and measures which could be put into place for couples who are cooperative, and those who are not.

In cases where one parent moves out of the area, they could look at the reasons. Where they valid or by choice?

I know it would have helped me a lot had I known these were available. They were in my county and they were FREE. however, they would have had to have been recommended by a judge or magistrate and for OT reasons, I was unaware they were available until much later or I would have requested them.

Also, rules such as overnight guests that are of the opposite sex. SOME custody agreements have them, but they are not standard. Even something like that would be beneficial.

Sadly, I think even those would be fought by those who would say they are violations of our freedom......

It is frustrating when parents do not put their kids first. :banghead:

Respectfully bolded by me.
I was divorced years ago and had small children at the time. In Illinois where I live we did have to take joint parenting classes, and also to sign a joint parenting agreement. Is this something that could be made a national law? Anything that would help these precious children is not too much to ask.

Maybe we need a slogan, like "the kids have a right to live a safe, happy life." But then....don't we all?

This is how I feel, I'm mad, I'm fed up with all the 's like S & N, I've had it, no more!!

VB

[video=youtube;KOqk_q4NLLI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOqk_q4NLLI&feature=related[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx