UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this picture was awesome. I hope it uploads right.

Attachments

• 30006_1413104480387_1015772169_1196549_2310983_n.jpg
    30006_1413104480387_1015772169_1196549_2310983_n.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 75
After looking at the picture and the apartment, I think you may be right. What I want to know is: if this pic was taken while he was with SS, WHO took it and WHY didn't they do something? I would have thought that the news would be all over the photo, imo.

Sometimes the little things are overlooked. I would garner this was on her personal facebook and was leaked as as the one where NS and Ethan was on the couch. I do graphic design and have an eye for details.

Time-line for Ethan Stacy 4yo.

WARNING: GRAPHIC AND DISTURBING.
revision (05/21/10 - eyes4crime & wonderful fellow sleuthers)

April 28th - Wednesday
Divorce papers finalized in Florida, Ethan and mom Stephanie fly to Utah

May 3rd - Tuesday
..Stacy said that Ethan told him in their last phone conversation on May 3rd that he was having fun visiting his mom in Layton. Prior to leaving, Ethan hadn’t wanted to go. **
..Last time Ethan talks with dad Joe.

May 4th - Tuesday
..Post on Face Book, the first of 17 cell phone pictures & videos mom takes of abuse over the days.
..Picture time-stamped May 4th of Ethan with large, notable, area of swelling to jaw and face.
.. Ethan's father, Joe Stacy, told his son wasn't available to talk, a trend that continues through Ethan's limited stay.
....Stephanie continues to complain to dad Joe about Ethan's behavior.

May5th - Wednesday
..Nate's mom sees son Nate, Ethan, and Stephanie - says all is fine (meeting place not mentioned).
..Stephanie visits Nate's mom.
..Nate takes Ethan in bedroom to punish and beats child around head area; face begins to swell.

..May 5. Stephanie texted her brother that she and Nathan Sloop were going to a courthouse the next day to get married so that they could apply for food stamps, Medicaid and other public assistance, he said. Their "real" wedding in Colorado was still on, she told him. **

May 5th - May 8th
..Ethan "exhibits signs and symptoms of a possible head injury or brain swelling due to a head injury,"

Stephanie Sloop told police Tuesday while being interviewed about her son's death: Ethan did not eat well, was vomiting, lethargic and exhibited non-responsive behavior, according to the reports.

May 6th - Thursday (wedding day)
..Ethan locked in bedroom while Stephanie and Nate marry; door knob taken off. Nate and Stephanie leave child in bedroom due to swelling and bruises.

From Warrant of Probable Cause:
Over the next several days, Ethan got progressively ill, police said Stephanie Sloop told detectives. He was vomiting, running a fever and would not eat. The couple forced the boy to drink two 16 oz. bottles of water, a bottle of KoolAid and orange juice in a two-hour period, police wrote in the jail statement. (from warrant of probable cause). Motrin and Benadryl were given for the swelling and Nate gave Benadryl so Ethan would stay quiet.

Thursday, May 6 or Friday, May 7:
Neighbor recalls seeing Stephanie walking away from the apartment seemingly agitated and stopping to look back at the apartment several times. A short time later Nathan followed her, put his hands on her face in a manner leading the neighbor to believe he was asking she please listen to him.

May 7th, Friday
Three nights before Stephanie and her new husband, Nathan Sloop, reported Ethan missing, Jones said Stephanie left a series of frantic voice messages.
Related:
.."She left crying, messages while she was crying, 'Ethan, he's crying. He won't stop crying. He wants his mommy. I don't know what to do. Please, please, call me. I don't know how to handle it. I don't know what to do,'" Jones said. **

..The final message, she now believes, may have come after Ethan died.

.."It was absolutely hysterical, sobbing to where I couldn't understand what she was saying," Jones said. "if I had to look deep into my heart, yeah, I would probably have to say that Ethan probably was dead, if not close to being dead at that point. And it was her grief reaching out." **

May 7th - Friday
..Stephanie, while shopping at Walmart, receives a cell phone call from Nate informing her Ethan is badly burned on hands, feet, and legs up to buttox area from running water in bath (claims Ethan turned on hot water).
..Stephanie returns to find human feces in child's mouth.
..In attempt to remove feces, Stephanie brushes Ethan's teeth until his gums bleed.

May 8th - Saturday
..Found smeared feces on bathroom wall and on Nate.
..Found feces in mouth and again brushed teeth.
..Notices Ethan's lips bleeding.
.. Blood and vomit found in child's bed.
..Stephanie needs to wash bed sheets due to blood and vomit from Ethan's mouth.

May 9th - Sunday (Mother's Day)
.. 5:00am - Stephanie makes trip to Walgreens to pick up RX.
..5:30am - Returns from store and told by Nate Ethan is dead.
..Stephanie finds Ethan dead in bed - reports Ethan feels cold and stiff, and without pulse.
..Stephanie attempts CPR to no avail.
...Stephanie goes to bed.

Ethan is wrapped in plastic garbage bags and taped, brought to Powder Mountain area for burial. Hammer used to disfigure facial features and teeth of Ethan.
Stephanie goes on errand purchasing 2 slushies and 2 cans lighter fluid to destroy evidence.

May 10th (Monday)
..Reported that Nate and Stephanie were shopping at Best Buy for video games and to fix Play Station 3(not verified)
..Ethan's father calls and talks with Nate rather than Stephanie.

..11:55pm - Stephanie reports Ethan missing
...Tells police a made up story about Ethan leaving the apt. 5x over the last 4 nights.

May 11th (Tuesday)
..LE finds child buried - teeth and face smashed with hammer; lighter fluid used to destroy evidence.
..Stephanie and husband Nate arrested.

May 19th (Wednesday) **
Funeral service for Ethan in Grundy, Virginia
Burial for Ethan in Richland, Virginia.

**New Information

Thanks to all who took the time for suggestions, additions/corrections - used every one of them.

Warrant of Probable Cause: Most of the time-line comes from Probable Cause document. Quotes, LE media leases

NATHAN
http://connect2utah.com/images/Multi...an Sloop.pdf

STEPHANIE
http://connect2utah.com/images/Multi...0C Sloop.pdf

Fellow sleuthers - please continue to let me know of updates, new information, corrections. Thanks for all your help!

Once again the probable cause links aren't working - happens every time I update and move the time-line. If anyone has working links I would appreciate it. Also, if you understand what happened on the 7th - and I have it confused, which I think I do, please let me know the correct sequence. Thanks so much for helping me with the updates. :blowkiss:

Sometimes the little things are overlooked. I would garner this was on her personal facebook and was leaked as as the one where NS and Ethan was on the couch. I do graphic design and have an eye for details.

I'm not convinced that was taken in Utah for two reasons. It was a photo posted on a FB site dedicated to his memory and the base of the door is not the same. I really hope that they wouldn't use a shot taken by that monster. Ruby linked to it first on the other thread because there were quite a few upset over the shirt, and it was since cropped. I'll see if I can find her post and if I can figure out which site it was that first posted the image (because now there are several) I'll message the person who posted it and ask if they know where it was taken. The red under his nose and the lips look like our little guy when he's had a cold. JMO, of course.

I'm not convinced that was taken in Utah for two reasons. It was a photo posted on a FB site dedicated to his memory and the base of the door is not the same. I really hope that they wouldn't use a shot taken by that monster. Ruby linked to it first on the other thread because there were quite a few upset over the shirt, and it was since cropped. I'll see if I can find her post and if I can figure out which site it was that first posted the image (because now there are several) I'll message the person who posted it and ask if they know where it was taken. The red under his nose and the lips look like our little guy when he's had a cold. JMO, of course.

Calliope... I promise you if you blow up the picture it is taken by the same door. You can see the same paint chips..
all of the trim is the same... the door.. the door jam... it's just a different angle.

I have no clue where this photo came from ... I would guess that SS posted
it on her facebook and somone took it off.

For some reason, my mind keeps getting stuck on the little details of the case...
For instance, I keep thinking about:

~ how they charged Nathanael/Nathan/Nate/NS with kicking/ damaging the cell door, after his arrest (per probable cause document).

Compared to everything else, this is such a minor thing but, what does this say about Nate's state of mind at time of arrest?

Kicking the cell door hard enough to damage it, shows his anger and frustration at being arrested, obviously. But, I think it is an interesting reaction for someone who just beat a child to death.

I mean, did he really think he was being 'wrongly' accused? Does he not understand that his own actions caused the death of little Ethan? Does he believe that it was just a coincidence that Ethan died after being beat? That is is okay to take a hammer to a child's face to destroy or delay identification?

I guess I would have imagined he would go quietly, ashamed of what he had done. I just wouldn't have guessed he would be trying to kick down the holding cell door in a fit of rage, after being caught.

BTW- I think his kicking/ damaging the cell door is yet another sign to me that NS was coming down from meth, and the horrific rages that meth can induce.

Like I stated at the beginning, this is such a minor detail compared to the glaring, important ones in this case. I just find this bit of information interesting.

eyes4crime. Thank you for updating the time line. while it is still so hard to read we need to keep facts straight/sorted and the timeline is a great help.

This just occured to me. I wonder if Nathans attempt at putting Ethan in the tub was to 'revive' him and he was possibly alive but not conscience then.... or they used the hot water to try and warm him up after his passing?

As God awful as that is to consider, I wonder why NS would even attempt to give Ethan a bath. Just seems odd. Not a job I would think of a male to do. I also can't see NS not leaving the cleaning up if Ethan soiled the bed.

thoughts?

He probably kicked the door because his bride ratted them out.

Here's what I think happened, regarding being scalded/ burned by the water in the bathtub...

I think that Ethan lost control of his bowels, during or just after one of the beatings that Nathanael administered.

I think that when Nathanael discovered that Ethan had soiled himself, and the bed, it further enraged Nathanael.

Then Nathanael, angry beyond measure, and wanting to teach Ethan 'a lesson', turned the hot water only on in the bathtub.

While the tub was filling with scalding water, Nathanael returned to Ethan's room, and while reaching down to scoop Ethan up to take to the bathroom, accidentally smeared some of Ethan's excrement on himself.

Having Ethan's feces on him caused him to scoop up a handful of feces and shove the feces in Ethan's mouth.

Then Nathanael picked up Ethan, and, (ironically), carrying Ethan in his arms the same way a groom would carry a bride over a threshold, he dropped Ethan into the tub of scalding hot water. (I believe this is how NS carried Ethan, because of the burn patterns on Ethan's body- i.e., feet and back of legs up to buttocks- these would be the areas of Ethans body to touch the hot water first).

eyes4crime. Thank you for updating the time line. while it is still so hard to read we need to keep facts straight/sorted and the timeline is a great help.

This just occured to me. I wonder if Nathans attempt at putting Ethan in the tub was to 'revive' him and he was possibly alive but not conscience then.... or they used the hot water to try and warm him up after his passing?

As God awful as that is to consider, I wonder why NS would even attempt to give Ethan a bath. Just seems odd. Not a job I would think of a male to do. I also can't see NS not leaving the cleaning up if Ethan soiled the bed.

thoughts?
I don't for a second believe that Ethan turned the water on, or that Nathan 'bathing' Ethan was done as anything short of teaching Ethan 'a lesson' for soiling himself.

I think the scalding burns were the result of another punishment administered by Nathanael.

After looking at the picture and the apartment, I think you may be right. What I want to know is: if this pic was taken while he was with SS, WHO took it and WHY didn't they do something? I would have thought that the news would be all over the photo, imo.

There are a ton of WHYS in this story. WHY didn't SS do anything to stop this? She called her friend Jones multiple times according to the news article. WHY did Jones do nothing to find out what was going on? I don't even think she called SS back. I don't care how much I didn't like someone, if they left multiple messages crying, I would call back to see what was going on.

Why didn't neighbors report noises? You can't tell me that NS did what he did without screaming and yelling and banging. And I'm sure poor little Ethan cried his heart out. We have all lived in apartments. A person can't cough without you hearing it. People are going to be asking WHY for the rest of their lives.

As for NS trashing his jail cell, that is pretty typical behavior for prisoners to do. Hasn't he been in jail before?

The feces behavior (in reference to the abuse) is VERY typical of prison behavior. And I wouldn't be surprised if NS had trashed his prison cell in more ways than one.

God rest your soul, Ethan. I wish you had never been with those monsters. And that poor human reaction hadn't had you stay there. You were 4 years old and the world failed you. I pray that you are at peace.

Considering that she hadn't seen Ethan since October I just don't see his Daddy putting him in a tee shirt that says that.

Anyone thing that him crying for his "mommy" was actually his father's fiance back in VA who was more of a mother to him that SS ever was?
-
also, on the picture on the porch that shows the 1st signs of abuse, perhaps NS took the picture and that is why no one said anything?

30306_395052853219_504753219_4153142_274492_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...16369541732606&id=504753219&fbid=395052853219

Anyone thing that him crying for his "mommy" was actually his father's fiance back in VA who was more of a mother to him that SS ever was?
-
also, on the picture on the porch that shows the 1st signs of abuse, perhaps NS took the picture and that is why no one said anything?

I thought it was him crying for his mom while mom's bf had him in the bedroom beating on him. (or whatever he was doing to him)

Ethan, you little, cute, adorable man! I am still thinking of you and know you are safe now. I keep checking in to make sure the people who hurt you are punished.

-

I'll bet anything he did not cry for that . More than likely cried for his Dad or like you say the fiancee.

I feel as though Ethan's eye also looks swollen and a bit bruised in that photo. :sick:

What a precious boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member