UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dad recalls conversations prior to discovery of boy's body
Updated: 05/23/2010 12:23:11 PM MDT

The reality that Stacy won't hear his son noisily sucking on his fingers while sleeping or that the boy won't come bounding out of his bedroom with a blanket to curl up on Elswick's lap as the couple watch the morning news still hasn't hit.

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/ci_15142408

Got a hook in my heart this morning...my youngest has this same habit. I can't imagine what it would be like if I knew I'd never hear her do that again.

Hundreds gather in two states to remember a life cut tragically short
Published: May 24, 2010

march5.jpg

Blue balloons float skyward in honor of the late Ethan Stacy in Richlands, Va., on Sunday after being released during a ceremony at Richlands Town Hall.

http://www2.tricities.com/tri/news/...o_remember_a_life_cut_tragically_short/46603/

(snipped)

Let's all take good care of ourselves as the case progresses, and remember to step away and take breathers when we need to...

...Please take the time to do whatever you need to in order to deal with what was done to sweet little Ethan. I care about all of you very much.

Thanks,
BeanE

:heart: Thank you, BeanE. We're all in this together. I think it's the only way I'd be able to follow this case and yet still remain rational without going off the deep end.

I've had to slow down on my visits to this thread, and many others at WS. Ethan's story carries a whole lot of emotional weight, and it makes all the other cases a whole lot heavier, too. Just a lot to deal with.

You have my word I'll take care of myself. You continue to do the same!

A couple things really are bugging me (in addition to the hundreds). If his jaw was 'a mess" according to SS from scratching it, would that indicate some other drug? I know when I've had epidurals my face itches incredibly bad. I just can't help but wonder if they were giving him something. Ugh, I hope it wasn't meth.:sick:

And, if SS was the type of person to model her behavior after others, that is really disturbing.

The whole mother's day card is crochety to say the least. I know it's not always easy dealing with step parents, but written words can convey just as much meaning as spoken words. :cow:

She said her child wandered away from home all the while he was dead, mutilated in the woods. I don't give any credibility to the "allergy" and "scratches" crap. That was just excuses she gave for Ethan's face being bruised and battered. jmo

No, I don't believe that either, just pointing out that if she really thought he was having an allergic reaction, especially one where his jaw was purple and lips swollen, if she were at least a decent parent she would have sought medical attention for him rather than just telling people about it to place blame somewhere other than her and NS...she is just disgusting and we all know is not a decent parent by any means.

Oh I know... I didn't mean to imply you were saying that, sorry I wasn't clear. I was just repeating what Joe said when he was told about the "allergic reaction".

I'm sure he didn't! That's why I said IF in my comment. IF Ethan had such allergies to peanuts, he would at 4yo have had peanuts prior to this visit. And if so, Joe would have taken him to the ER and the ER would have given him a prescription for a couple epi-pens or Ana-Pens. Easy to get and easy to carry everywhere your child goes. Can give them to teachers or the nurse at school. They come pre-dosed for a child of 4yo and it is injected at the hip site, right through the child's clothes. Helps reduce swollen airways, itching and swelling until 911 is called.

Trying not to frighten mom and dads here - not all allergies turn into anaphylactic shock. Many allergies begin with a itchy rash and some urticaria (hive like). Always call the doctor and, once confirmed as an allergy, inform your pharmacist so the allergy can appear on the child's medication profile. Allergic reactions can become worse with each repeated exposure.If a reaction is severe, your Dr. or a Dr. in the ER will give you a prescription for epi-pens, a pre-measured dose of epinephrine to inject in case of future rx. The Dr's nurse or your pharmacist will teach you how to inject properly. moo

I apologize to you too. I wasn't implying that anyone here believed the "allergy" story. I wasn't clear in my response; sorry.

This most DEFINATELY will involve meth, mark my words. No doubt in my mind, not that it excuses it AT ALL. That stuff is evil. We had family friends, they were an amazing couple and had good kids. One of their kids got involved with meth and it was awful.

Google the name Eric Starr Smith.

I didn't think anything could haunt me or disturb me more than that case, until this one came along. The evil that people are capable of just makes me weep. Sad.

This most DEFINATELY will involve meth, mark my words. No doubt in my mind, not that it excuses it AT ALL. That stuff is evil. We had family friends, they were an amazing couple and had good kids. One of their kids got involved with meth and it was awful.

Google the name Eric Starr Smith.

I didn't think anything could haunt me or disturb me more than that case, until this one came along. The evil that people are capable of just makes me weep. Sad.
Wow...just wow...this was bad...ug..

God help the children

A couple things really are bugging me (in addition to the hundreds). If his jaw was 'a mess" according to SS from scratching it, would that indicate some other drug? I know when I've had epidurals my face itches incredibly bad. I just can't help but wonder if they were giving him something. Ugh, I hope it wasn't meth.:sick:

And, if SS was the type of person to model her behavior after others, that is really disturbing.

The whole mother's day card is crochety to say the least. I know it's not always easy dealing with step parents, but written words can convey just as much meaning as spoken words. :cow:

I don't believe her, but IF he was itching, you bring up a good point. One of the side effects of narcotics (opioids) such as morphine, demerol, oxycodone, etc., is itching.

From the start, SS reminded me of this monster:

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/famous/downs/3b.html

She found solace when she became pregnant; carrying a baby made her feel for the first time that she was actually in charge of a love that was all-dependent on her. It was a feeling of power she'd never before realized, and she relished in the delight that she was the helmswoman of her own path to total love.

Rest in Peace now Ethan. I am so sorry that you were born to this sick twisted woman. Please know your daddy loved you and he tried so hard to stop this. The dark, scary time is done now sweet little man, you are part of the love and the light now.

She said her child wandered away from home all the while he was dead, mutilated in the woods. I don't give any credibility to the "allergy" and "scratches" crap. That was just excuses she gave for Ethan's face being bruised and battered. jmo

That's the problem. It's becoming even harder to sift through the truth and the lies.

Hi all, this is my first post. I've been reading and lurking here for quite some time, but Ethan is what made me finally decide to join.
I have been so terribly upset by this case, and can't get him off of my mind. I have nothing to add at the moment. Just wanted to introduce myself!

Hi all, this is my first post. I've been reading and lurking here for quite some time, but Ethan is what made me finally decide to join.
I have been so terribly upset by this case, and can't get him off of my mind. I have nothing to add at the moment. Just wanted to introduce myself!

:Welcome-12-june: Yes, this is a horrific case.

Welcome tweety!
This is a horrible case but I know for me it helps to come here and spend time with others who are as affected by it as I am.

VB

I think of you everyday, Ethan. You and so many other children. Be at peace, sweetie. I know you are.

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top%20stories/story/Charges-expected-to-be-filed-in-killing-of-Ethan/YU1je5xlE0SXdPhIU9W0XQ.cspx

LAYTON, Utah (ABC 4 News) - Davis County prosecutors are expected to file charges Friday against Ethan Stacy's mother and step-father, the two are believed to be responsible for the little boy’s death.

According to the latest reports, prosecutors are likely to charge both Ethan's mother Stephanie Sloop and Ethan's step-father Nathan Sloop with aggravated murder. They're still waiting for the medical examiner to determine an official cause of death but, right now authorities claim Nathan Sloop beat Ethan for days then used a hammer to disfigure his face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member