UT - Gwyneth Paltrow sued over ski collision at Deer Valley Resort in 2016 - trial, March 2023 *GP Not Guilty* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sickening - these people were liars & scammers. They should have gone to prison for fraud. Being allowed to resign is not nearly enough of a punishment, especially when they received free money based on false pretenses for all of that time.

Going along with this, these types of criminal acts makes it more difficult for people who have actual legitimate disabilities to get compensated for this.

TS deserves the majority of the blame here. This liar took the case to court under false pretenses. Sure, he was able to find lawyers to take the case because they wanted to make $. But, he shouldn't have done this in the first place.

Glad he lost the case & presumably lost a lot of $ here. And, it could have been a lot worse for him. He got off easy. I.e., it's important to note that considering the fraud he committed here, GP could easily have gone after him for a lot more $ and could have also pressed for criminal charges to have been brought against him - and he would have deserved this.

He is filing an appeal.

Going nowhere but seriously that that Skyes filing for him and going to be his counsel again? They can't possibly be getting paid for this can they...??? By whom???
His attorney keep leading him down a path to nowhere- Since this case is likely on a contingency basis it would seem the Plaintiff would have to pay for this--unless these attorneys don't mind shelling out money cause this case keeps them attached to a taste of fame because of who the defendant is.

He is filing an appeal.
He is "considering" an appeal. While still enjoying his 15 minutes. I don't see an appeal happening. His case was completely without merit. His counsel would do well to advise him to move on. If they weren't so in love with the idea of winning against GP and their own 15 minutes they would do so. JMO

He is "considering" an appeal. While still enjoying his 15 minutes. I don't see an appeal happening. His case was completely without merit. His counsel would do well to advise him to move on. If they weren't so in love with the idea of winning against GP and their own 15 minutes they would do so. JMO
ok "considering" is very different. I don't see it happening...if for no other reason no attorneys will do it.

@JuliaCourtTV

#LATEST #GwynethPaltrow & Plaintiff who lost in ski crash case agree to settle on last remaining issue. She will no longer pursue reimbursement of her attorney fees & he won’t appeal the verdict. A jury found Terry Sanderson 100% at fault. The judge would have decided fees.
She let him off easy. That shows grace. Kudos to Ms. Paltrow.

Ms Paltrow-- very classy
suggests that those of us who thought she fought the case so vigorously was on principal and a refusal to admit wrong doing she didn't feel was hers. It was very magnanimous of her to agree not to pursue fees, when she certainly would have been well within her rights to have pursued those fees, which were likely hefty given the years involved in fighting his completely ridiculous claims.

The problem with GP not asking for at least her legal fees from TS is that if someone else sees what happened here, they may try the same thing - if they think they can get away with this.

I'm of the opinion that most people would have gone after this scammer for all the $ he was worth - whether they needed it or not. This would have been completely appropriate in this case, if only to send a message that criminal behavior like this is NOT OK.

TS should be in prison, and he didn't even get a slap on the wrist. Sickening.

Note that - presumably - GP is wealthy & doesn't need the $. That being said, if she were a broke college student (to use a previous example) he may not have gone after her in the first place.

Last edited:
His attorney keep leading him down a path to nowhere- Since this case is likely on a contingency basis it would seem the Plaintiff would have to pay for this--unless these attorneys don't mind shelling out money cause this case keeps them attached to a taste of fame because of who the defendant is.
Yep. If his lawyers took the case on a contingency basis, they already worked a lot of hours for free, plus paying from their own pocket every employee in their office who assisted.
The only thing the attorneys get when they lose their investment into a contingent fee client is some free publicity, and, imo, it’s not really good publicity either.
As in, “sorry, you don’t really have a case so we can’t work on contingency but you could try that attorney who represented the guy who plowed into Gweneth Paltrow”.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed watching that trial and the outcome was perfect!
Yeah one of the most satisfying trials for me as well. On some of these high profile cases where someone was murdered even if Justice is served via a guilty verdict it’s never satisfying! But seeing a liar and a con man get his comeuppance is very satisfying. Especially when it’s a rich defendant who can afford to go to trial!

Yeah one of the most satisfying trials for me as well. On some of these high profile cases where someone was murdered even if Justice is served via a guilty verdict it’s never satisfying! But seeing a liar and a con man get his comeuppance is very satisfying. Especially when it’s a rich defendant who can afford to go to trial!
Yep it was fun to watch a liar and con man get taken down-- on a national T.V. too!

Yep it was fun to watch a liar and con man get taken down-- on a national T.V. too!
Paltrow didn't enjoy public support at the beginning of the televised trial; lots of shade expressed for her entitlement etc.. It was interesting to watch hearts/minds changed via the trial process.

One can learn a great deal watching high-profile trials; the process forces examination of facts before reaching conclusions AND, come to think of it, that makes me wish we could all watch another liar and con man get taken down on national TV. :cool:

Paltrow didn't enjoy public support at the beginning of the televised trial; lots of shade expressed for her entitlement etc.. It was interesting to watch hearts/minds changed via the trial process.

One can learn a great deal watching high-profile trials; the process forces examination of facts before reaching conclusions AND, come to think of it, that makes me wish we could all watch another liar and con man get taken down on national TV. :cool:

hoping and praying that other liar and con man gets taken down on national TV-- oh the Joy!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob84999381
Back