GUILTY UT - Hser Nar Moo, 7, Salt Lake City, 31 March 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Van Dyke, an LDS service missionary who has helped the young girl and her family since they moved to Utah in August, said that was not entirely true. He said there was no fight between Moo and her brother. He said she was playing outside on the porch, and would occasionally go back inside. The last time she did that was to get a drink about 1 p.m., he said.

Moo, her 11-year-old brother and newborn brother, were being watched by their aunt. Wah was at work and their mother, who had given birth just three weeks ago, was at a doctor's appointment, Van Dyke said. The family also has two more sons, age 20 and 18.

http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695266521,00.html

I4G, now your link is saying that it *IS* her, so they must have ID'd her since you posted.

So very sad.

Paul Van Dyke, an LDS service missionary who has helped the young girl and her family since they moved to Utah in August, said that was not entirely true. He said there was no fight between Moo and her brother. He said she was playing outside on the porch, and would occasionally go back inside. The last time she did that was to get a drink about 1 p.m., he said.

Moo, her 11-year-old brother and newborn brother, were being watched by their aunt. Wah was at work and their mother, who had given birth just three weeks ago, was at a doctor's appointment, Van Dyke said. The family also has two more sons, age 20 and 18.

http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695266521,00.html

The officer that was talking to Nancy Grace tonight verified that the sister and brother had had a spat and she went outside. The aunt had been watching the younger kids. The mom has been in and out of the hospital..probably due to the birth. Suri..as they called her...played out with the neighborhood kids as it is a big apartment complex and kids play out all of the time. She left the apt at 2-2:30. The older boys came home later and looked everywhere for her.

I wonder how she was enticed into that apartment? Did a child that she played with live there? Just to think that while all of those 100's of people and officers looked for her she was right there. Those killers just weren't opening their door. Someone said that some of the killers helped look for Suri.
The police were doing a criminal background check on everyone who came to search and also looked for warrents. The officer said often the criminal will join the search to look for the child!!!

Poor little girl. She just went out to play and look what happened. My heart goes out to her family. Their only little girl and probably their pride and joy.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=2989692

(snip)
Police took five men into custody for questioning and have since released two of them. This morning, police say they expect to formally charge one man in the crime. He was walked out of police headquarters and loaded into a police car this morning. The status of the other men is unclear at this time.

Can anybody merge the rapes found from the links and the police blotter for details- ie: was it during the day, suspect in custody...
Also, which SO's were not home/did not answer door and did neighbors notice if they were gone overnight?
SuzQ- you were right on with the 7-11

Took me this long to be able to weigh in- being really good at analyzing all this as a group seems futile when they end like this. I think for me, I feel like answering the lingering questions helps others to protect against this if they choose to educate. I commit to talking about this case to the first person I come across I think would benefit.
That being said:

I'm wondering exactly what can be learned about the use of the k9 unit-
Did it hit or did they not utilize it in her apartment unit as it is feasible that that her scent would be everywhere there? IMO, waiting so long to call the police, for whatever reason, was critical, let's put our heads together and think about how to educate parents as to when calling them immediately is appropriate. ( I know there is a bigger parenting issue discussion here but you have to start somewhere.)

This may be preliminary, but as I dont know exactly who will be charged and with what, but know who your neighbors are. Whether or not it ends up to be relevant in this case, we all talked about cases where it was, and these neighborhoods are rampant with SO (as we saw in the registry)- they need to know that their neighbors are aware of them and intend to be vigilent.

Lastly, we are all frustrated about the cases we know about, including this one where LE is prohibited from entering without a warrant. It may very well be that they had a confession, as I suspected yesterday afternoon that they were either questioning or that was placed under surveillance, I'm pretty sure of that as I heard the chief actually announce that they were familiar that it happens often that the actual offenders participate in the search, or attempt to help in an effort to deflect attention- I think that was designed to get the suspects to "act" in order for them to move in. If not caught in the act, 90% of criminals are caught in their post-offense behavior (Robert Ressler.)
But I think it makes sense, especially in a child case, that the bounderies need to be widened in that regard. I don't wish to be bombarded by folks screaming civil rights, blah blah, especially at the end of the day there is a dead baby girl here, but based on the specifics in the case I think we should look at proposing exceptions to that warrant process if it can expedite finding a child potentially alive. The other side to that is the reality is she was already murdered once they got to the suspects, and any other procedure could have caused them to have a murder with an unprosecutable case and that simply can't be. Thoughts?
I'm giving my energy to Hser today, for her journey and that of her family.

I am sure everyone knows this girl has been found dead in the same apartment complex that she went mising from and police have arrested 5 people ...I don't see a forum on thrad on the latest news yet...How do I start one?

Body of Missing 7-Year-Old Utah Girl Found; 5 in Custody

National Center for Missing & Exploited Children

Hser Nay Moo

SOUTH SALT LAKE, Utah — The body of a missing 7-year-old girl was discovered in the bathroom of an apartment in her family's complex Tuesday night and police took five people into custody.
Hser Nay Moo disappeared Monday from the apartment complex after an argument with her 10-year-old brother.
Police found Hser's body in a South Parc apartment after obtaining a search warrant for three remaining units at the complex that had yet to be searched, MyFOXUtah reported.
"Our hearts and our sympathies go out to the family," said South Salt Lake Police Chief Chris Snyder at a press conference. "This has been a very tough case for all of us."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,344469,00.html

I went to bed early last night and did not find out until this morning that Hser is no longer walking this earth. I spent time catching up on all the posts and reading the news stories. I really don't know what to say!!!

I have a hard time with any case I follow that ends this way. But being a neighborhood that I spent a good 15 years running around in without fear, somewhere that I knew well and felt safe, I'm having an extremely hard time with this one. I was not much older than Hser when I was running those streets alone or with other kids. These types of crimes have become frighteningly real to me since reading boards like WS for about 7 years now. But I have a vivid visual with this one and it's so real to me it's hurting pretty bad.

I think I am going to take the day off from these boards, but I wanted to come and leave my best wishes and prayers for Hser and her family. May she fly with the angels and leave her pain behind. My wishes are for God to watch over her family and let them feel his presence throughout this heartbreaking time.

To all of you posters, who have followed this sad story with me, you are in my thoughts today as well. And lastly, I did want to say that it made me very happy to see Destiny Search involved in this case, though I wish they could have saved her. My prayers are also going out to Destiny's family now, as I am sure this has re-opened wounds that were barely scabbed over.

I went to bed early last night and did not find out until this morning that Hser is no longer walking this earth. I spent time catching up on all the posts and reading the news stories. I really don't know what to say!!!

I have a hard time with any case I follow that ends this way. But being a neighborhood that I spent a good 15 years running around in without fear, somewhere that I knew well and felt safe, I'm having an extremely hard time with this one. I was not much older than Hser when I was running those streets alone or with other kids. These types of crimes have become frighteningly real to me since reading boards like WS for about 7 years now. But I have a vivid visual with this one and it's so real to me it's hurting pretty bad.

I think I am going to take the day off from these boards, but I wanted to come and leave my best wishes and prayers for Hser and her family. May she fly with the angels and leave her pain behind. My wishes are for God to watch over her family and let them feel his presence throughout this heartbreaking time.

To all of you posters, who have followed this sad story with me, you are in my thoughts today as well. And lastly, I did want to say that it made me very happy to see Destiny Search involved in this case, though I wish they could have saved her. My prayers are also going out to Destiny's family now, as I am sure this has re-opened wounds that were barely scabbed over.

I almost didn't post today for the same reasons and I am going to break shortly as well, just wanted to say the fact that you/we care about these issues and feel like we are making a difference hopefully counts in the universe, or why we would we subject ourselves to it.
Go refresh, and remember we were kids in a different time, and in some cases were just lucky. My thoughts are with you and all WS'ers too.

The murder of this sweet little girl is something that is happening too frequently in our world today. I am heartbroken for her family and for the police who so wanted to find her before any harm came to her. You know they are struggling as well.
Now we must pray that justice, swift justice is done. There is NEVER a reason to murder a child....I sit here and shake my head as I type...I just can never wrap my head around these things. I will pray especially for her family as they will be the ones that have to live without her for the rest of their lives. It is a tragedy.

This quote bothers me:

Hser's father, Cartoon Wah, through an interpreter told The Salt Lake Tribune that he saw the girl leave the apartment and walk south. He said his daughter didn't respond when he asked where she was going.

I find it irresponsible for a parent to watch a little girl walk off to who knows where when he has asked her where she is going and she doesn't reply.

Most parents IMO would press for an answer.

I think most 7yr old little girls would start babbling about how mean her big brother was instead of walking off without a word. That's a 'boy' thing. Girls--you can't get them to stop and take a breath or get a word in yourself. Girls are too busy making their case for how unfair or mean someone was.

Doesn't sound right to me. I lived in an apartment complex when my girls were that young, and I didn't let them out of my direct sight and hearing. Living so close to a bunch of strangers moving in and out, having all kinds of visitors...who on earth would think a little child would be safe alone?

Susan

And another thing...All of ther earlier articles I read said that the father was at work when she disappeared. Now we have a direct quote from him on FOX news saying he saw her leave and didn't mind the fact that she refused to say wher she was going and he did not try to stop her or follow her.

Susan

I am struggling with this case today. I am so devistated over Hser's death. I am devistated for her family. They came too far in life to have this happened to them. It's just not fair. I know the world is not fair and it is very cruel at times. But this one is more cruel than I can accept right now. The community in Utah is wonderful about stepping in and helping. They did it for me way back when. Look at the amount of wonderful searchers. Almost a thousand in less than 24 hours. While LE did not issue an Amber Alert immediately, the pulled out the big guns right away. They along with CERT and CART and all the volunteers get high praise in this case. The ONLY thing I feel good about today is that I know the community here will wrap their arms tightly around this family and won't let go.

The latest this morning:

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=2989692

A press conference has been tentatively scheduled for 4 p.m. We will carry it live on Eyewitness News at 4, KSL Newsradio 102.7FM/1160AM and KSL.com. Update: Police have arrested Esar Met for the murder of Hser Nay Moo. He was arrested on one count of aggravated murder, one count of child kidnapping and one count of evidence tampering. To read the probable cause statement for Met's arrest, click the related link. (more at link)

Probable cause statement. Not a PDF of the actual doc:

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=2989692&pid=1

Statement of probable cause: After an extensive search for a missing seven year old female, she was located deceased in the basement of the arrestee's residence. Arrestee was interviewed and, post-Miranda admitted to attempting to confine the victim to the residence by force, resulting in her death. Arrestee also admitted to attempting to conceal the body and other forensic evidence

This quote bothers me:

I find it irresponsible for a parent to watch a little girl walk off to who knows where when he has asked her where she is going and she doesn't reply.

Most parents IMO would press for an answer.

I think most 7yr old little girls would start babbling about how mean her big brother was instead of walking off without a word. That's a 'boy' thing. Girls--you can't get them to stop and take a breath or get a word in yourself. Girls are too busy making their case for how unfair or mean someone was.

Doesn't sound right to me. I lived in an apartment complex when my girls were that young, and I didn't let them out of my direct sight and hearing. Living so close to a bunch of strangers moving in and out, having all kinds of visitors...who on earth would think a little child would be safe alone?

Susan
It was stated that while in the refugee camp, there was no need to worry about such things as they did not happen. People there freely went into each other's homes. I think this is the reason he did not worry as it was how they lived their lives before August of 2007. They simply didn't know any better. :(

I think something got lost in the interpretation. I don't believe the father was home at the time. I believe he would have been to work at 2PM in the afternoon. Also, the aunt was babysitting at the time Hser Nay Moo went missing.

And another thing...All of ther earlier articles I read said that the father was at work when she disappeared. Now we have a direct quote from him on FOX news saying he saw her leave and didn't mind the fact that she refused to say wher she was going and he did not try to stop her or follow her.

Susan

May little Hser Nay Moo's dear soul rest in peace. My heart and prayers for her loving family.

And, I sure hope that the slime(s) who killed her are brought to justice!

Thank sowlover for posting this, and welcome:).

Lion

Why didn't the dogs find her immediately?! This is what I find to be most troubling. If they had dogs on the scene looking for Hser, why didn't they lead them straight to that apartment?!?! Her scent/track should have been so easy to follow and yet nothing. It makes me wonder the reliability of dogs in other cases. (Sorry, LionRun.) LE puts a lot of stock into their abilities and this truly shows a definite lapse.

Does this happen often where the dogs fail completely? It reminds me of Mike B's case and how LE is 90% sure due to the dogs that he is not in town. I think now I have to disagree with them and say he could be right next door.

I wonder if the dogs couldn't get her scent because the suspect had tampered with forensic evidence? Maybe covered up her scent with bleach or something? In the probable cause statement it does say he tampered with evidence.

Why didn't the dogs find her immediately?! This is what I find to be most troubling. If they had dogs on the scene looking for Hser, why didn't they lead them straight to that apartment?!?! Her scent/track should have been so easy to follow and yet nothing. It makes me wonder the reliability of dogs in other cases. (Sorry, LionRun.) LE puts a lot of stock into their abilities and this truly shows a definite lapse. Does this happen often? Are there other cases that LE have written off because the dogs didn't track properly? :confused:

Many refugees coming to this country think America is safe. They really don't know any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jajanes