Found Deceased UT - Kayelyn Louder, 30, Murray, 27 September 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Tomorrow it will be a month since Kayelyn went missing. I hope she is safe somewhere.

This was on the FB missing page, so take it as rumor, but someone commented that she was let go from her job at the boys school because she was dog-sitting and forgot her phone / didn't have it charged. School couldn't get a hold of her, so according to protocol, she was fired. Nothing nefarious or... bad happened. I'll try to find the comment so I can link it. I'm not sure if anyone has brought it up.

I also noticed posters being concerned that the website she was using to connect with dog-sitting jobs wasn't being cooperative (as in, letting them know who she'd been in contact with from the site), though I'm sure LE can get that info.

Edit: I can't find it now - maybe it was on someone else's page or a comment elsewhere. Please delete if this isn't allowed!

http://fox13now.com/2014/10/25/balloon-filled-sky-a-show-of-support-in-search-for-missing-woman/

Nice reporting. No indication of where she was seen trying to get into the parked cars. No indication of the distance from where she lived to where this occurred an hour later. No indication why the person watching her didn't approach her, or call the cops and report it if she thought Kayelyn appeared disoriented. How long did this woman watch her, and which way did she travel after leaving the area ?

No wonder everybody is pulling their hair out on this one..........lousy reporting........vague details.....cops are being "tight-lipped"and withholding info.
We still can't try and track her movements that day because no locations are provided, even in this article.

If her family really wants her found, they should provide every minute detail possible after she left her condo that morning. They would know who this person is that spotted her, where this occurred, and the distance and direction from her condo. Why is this the first we are hearing about it ?

How many other witnesses are there out there ? How do they expect people to look for her when they are withholding the areas she was last seen ?

Information is revealed in piecemeal fashion only as it serves the investigation ...this is typical in many cases.

The 'eyewitness information' was kept on background for standard LE reason and recently released in effort to rattle potential suspect(s) and monitor for changes in behavior. LE and the P.I. team are watching.

The friend-led searches are carefully planned with the help of LE and P.I. input, with searched and to-be-searched areas kept close to the vest, as is appropriate, and a list of all searchers is maintained.

MOO

Information is revealed in piecemeal fashion only as it serves the investigation ...this is typical in many cases.

The 'eyewitness information' was kept on background for standard LE reason and recently released in effort to rattle potential suspect(s) and monitor for changes in behavior. LE and the P.I. team are watching.

The friend-led searches are carefully planned with the help of LE and P.I. input, with searched and to-be-searched areas kept close to the vest, as is appropriate, and a list of all searchers is maintained.

MOO

You seem to be the only one that thinks so...............

If you are going to ask the public to help, then tell them what they need to know in order to help find her faster.

If you don't need the publics help, then don't set up "Help- Find Facebook sites", and then give vague and incomplete details---that only impedes things.

Basically, what you're saying is that LE doesn't have a clue where she is, so they are releasing information piece-meal in the hopes that something will come to light because of it. How about this, release all the information you have and see if you can locate her by the end of the day ?? It's been a month now, they have had 30 days to produce results. Hasn't happened. Now they can go ahead and try to find her without letting their ego's get in the way, by releasing publicly what really happened that morning.

You seem to be the only one that thinks so...............

If you are going to ask the public to help, then tell them what they need to know in order to help find her faster.

If you don't need the publics help, then don't set up "Help- Find Facebook sites", and then give vague and incomplete details---that only impedes things.

Basically, what you're saying is that LE doesn't have a clue where she is, so they are releasing information piece-meal in the hopes that something will come to light because of it. How about this, release all the information you have and see if you can locate her by the end of the day ?? It's been a month now, they have had 30 days to produce results. Hasn't happened. Now they can go ahead and try to find her without letting their ego's get in the way, by releasing publicly what really happened that morning.

This document is a good read and provides excellent information:

Special Training Bulletin -- Public Distribution
Date: August 30, 2011
Title: Understanding Law Enforcement and Missing Person Cases

Intended Audience:
--Friends and Family of Missing Persons
--Victim Advocates

http://www.untfsu.com/Documents/FamilyBulletin.pdf

Excerpt:

Families may become frustrated and say law enforcement “doesn’t tell them anything”. The necessity of investigators withholding certain information – even from the family – is to protect the integrity of the case and may be for strategic reasons. Any sensitive information revealed to family members or caregivers might be repeated to others or the media – intentionally or unintentionally – and hinder or compromise the investigation. Additionally, law enforcement must protect names of suspects until resolution of the case. To release the names prematurely may cause the suspects to be unfairly harassed or intimidated.

An eyewitness places KL one hour after she left her condo "trying to get inside a gate and some cars." Their is at least one gate on the east perimeter of the condo plan (at the curve transition between S 550 E and E 5400) and there are a few parking spaces in the plan very close to that gate.

There is a storage rental business located a few blocks east of the condo plan on 5400 S. I wonder if LE K9-searched that business?

I hadnt checked on this case all week and was hoping i'd come back and it would say found :(

An eyewitness places KL one hour after she left her condo "trying to get inside a gate and some cars." Their is at least one gate on the east perimeter of the condo plan (at the curve transition between S 550 E and E 5400) and there are a few parking spaces in the plan very close to that gate.

There is a storage rental business located a few blocks east of the condo plan on 5400 S. I wonder if LE K9-searched that business?

Yes... Storage rental business should be checked... If it hasn't been done so yet....

Or maybe RE-checked...

JMO

Somebody is gonna get a hell of a surprise when they open up their storage shed one of these days.

Somebody is gonna get a hell of a surprise when they open up their storage shed one of these days.

I just hope she is found and this is resolved. I hope it's not because she is found in a storage shed, but I do realize it's a possibility.

She's been missing over a month now, and nothing to report? I wonder what kind of progress the PI is making. I've been composing a summary with a timeline and some notes, but not sure what good it will do to help find her... But, FWIW, here's what I came up with.

9/26/14 @ 9:00pm Friday - KL called 911 to report a loud and violent party at the clubhouse near her condo. She reported a "brutal" fight that included guns. (Police followed up, and found a happy wedding reception going on, with no evidence of violence or guns.

9/26/14 @ About an hour later, so 10:00pm? Friday - KL calls 911 again, but quickly hangs up. Dispatchers call back. KL tells the dispatcher her roommate "told me I'm delusional and paranoid."

9/27/14 @ 8:18am Saturday - KL calls 911, complaining of an intruder in her condo. Police later arrive and find no evidence of a break-in. During the call, KL's roommate awoke to hear KL making the call. She can be heard telling KL that there is no intruder, as the door is still bolted. KL is unable to explain that, but insists she heard two people talking, even shouting during the call, "Get the F*#k out of my house!”

9/27/14 @ 3:30pm Sat - surveillance video shows KL carrying her dog, putting her down on the parking lot grounds, then having what appears to be an animated conversation with someone, but no one else is seen there (however, conversation could be with her dog).

9/27/14 @ 5:45pm Sat - The last time KL is seen, surveillance video shows KL as she scampers outside and to her right in a tank top and shorts, barefoot. It is raining. She reportedly had her car keys with her, but her car was still at her place (according to KL's sister, MR - fox13now.com).

9/27/14 @ 6:45pm Sat - a witness claims to have possibly seen KL "disoriented and trying to get insde a gate and some cars." (fox13now.com)

Both of these people thought KL sounded fine that day prior to disappearing:
KL's mother talked to her daughter sometime on Saturday before she went missing, and thought she seemed fine. (fox13now.com)
Similarly, a neighbor who visited with Louder Saturday afternoon and invited her to a party reported Louder planned to stay in that night to clean her home and work on her resume. (ksl.com)

NOTES:

(fox13now.com):
Dispatch officials reported that during at least one of KL's 911 calls, she seemed confused.

Police have not found any medications at her condo to indicate she was being treated for any mental or emotional issues.

Of her personality: KL's cousin, AF, said KL is a "quirky cousin" who always made her laugh and giggle. Her mother says she is spirited and fun.
TA, a friend of KL's for 20 years, even living with her for a time--said there was never a time she had given him concern, so these 911 calls are puzzling to him.

KL's family don't know of anyone who would wish to harm her.

A PI has been hired to help find her.
-----

KL had been "in and out of jobs for the last year, so it's been a little tough for her," her father said. (ksl.com)

KL left behind at her home: her car, her cell phone, her wallet, her house keys, her other belongings--and her beloved dog, a Chinese pug named Phyllis, who her mother says was "her life". (kutv.com)

Per JVM interview with the sister, JVM says she heard KL had talked with her ex-bf about 4 days before, but the sister said the breakup was some time ago, and she didn't feel he was suspicious. RW, a friend in the same interview offered the info that KL was a social worker and did come across some people who "were a little off their rocker" at times, but no one recently. (hlntv.com)
-----

Suggestions/thoughts that have been suggested: opportunistic abduction or kidnapping of a woman in an obvious vulnerable state? Hiding on the streets due to paranoia? Homeless shelter?

Lastly: If you have followed the case recently of the man who went missing at half-time from the Broncos game, leaving his stepson and two friends there wondering what happened to him, he turned up alive and coherent over 100 miles away. Friends say this was extremely uncharacteristic of him to just walk away like he did and are having him checked out medically. They think he had a breakdown, and is not himself. This case made me think of KL. I wonder if something like this could be what happened to KL, and she is miles away somewhere?

One element to note in this case: KL left her condo wearing only a tank top and shorts ...soaked clothing. I recall reading that in abduction cases the victim's appearance is not a typical reason for selection. One of her friends (female) noted in a FB comment that in the surveillance video KL appeared to not be wearing a bra. Is it possible her appearance increased the chance of opportunistic abduction regardless of 'typical' case histories?

One element to note in this case: KL left her condo wearing only a tank top and shorts ...soaked clothing. I recall reading that in abduction cases the victim's appearance is not a typical reason for selection. One of her friends (female) noted in a FB comment that in the surveillance video KL appeared to not be wearing a bra. Is it possible her appearance increased the chance of opportunistic abduction regardless of 'typical' case histories?

Yes. If anything increased the opportunity for someone potentially harmful to offer her a place of shelter and/or the offer of a ride to another location. BUT the suggestion of a small amount of clothing for the climate of the day, also opens the door for opportunities for her to quickly seek out a ride or place of shelter.... in a state of confusion or uncertainty.

Has she reached out to her brother, i wonder, serving time in the Utah State Prison? I would be interested to know if a trail has been followed to & from him...

I feel sick that as time marches on & as we get set to endure another round of rain & cooler temps, the lack of information or attention Kayelyn NEEDS just turns my stomach to knots.

MOO
What I'm not getting is if this isn't an abduction (as a witness saw her 1 hour later) then holding back that info is detrimental to the searchers in regards to direction of search and mental state. Of course just an opinion. ...

What I'm not getting is if this isn't an abduction (as a witness saw her 1 hour later) then holding back that info is detrimental to the searchers in regards to direction of search and mental state. Of course just an opinion. ...

It is not .publicly. known whether or not searches were directed to any eyewitness siting locations ...but it would be a safe to assume areas were searched and eyewitnesses interviewed.

An abduction scenario could have taken place one or more hours or even days after KL had gone missing, just as easily as KL could have placed herself in a location in an attempt to hide from 'voices' or in a location where she eventually was unable to safely exit.

Also, KL could have made her way to a remote location with an intent to do herself harm ...but in bare feet? How far could she travel without obtaining footwear or gaining a ride?

I have been following this case and have to say I am pretty intrigued by it all. I sure hope she is found soon and well.

I'm wondering if anyone knows her medication history? My Mom once had an Ambien issue and the medication did not mix well with her chemistry at all. When I was first married she would call my husband and I at 1 or 3 a.m. claiming there were people breaking into her house. She would also tell me my brother was there (who lived in another state) and start screaming at her dog. It was quite a situation and we could not convince her that taking Ambien was a horrible idea, because she would not remember a thing the next day. I might add that we would load up to go check on her and everything be safe/secure when we got there. It was just the medication making her hallucinate. Also, at times she would take one and forget she took that one...take another or other medications on top of it. It was just a dangerous situation and she would not believe anyone around her. I'm really afraid this young woman has put herself in harms way.

:bump:

Bumping for Kayelyn. This case has really stood out to me. The video footage of her is haunting and I had nightmares the last two nights. Hope she is found soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back