Found Deceased UT - Kayelyn Louder, 30, Murray, 27 September 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A little more info - she actually made 3 911 calls:

Murray police Lt. Kenny Bass said that police dispatch received two 911 calls from Louder before her disappearance. Louder called dispatch Friday, Sept. 26 around 8:50 p.m. to report an armed fight happening in the clubhouse of her condominium. When officers arrived on the scene, they found a wedding reception taking place and none of the guests reported seeing or hearing a fight, Bass said.

Louder again called dispatch a second time that evening, but hung up the phone. Dispatchers called Louder back, asking if she was OK.

The next morning, Sept. 27 around 8:15 a.m. she reported that her condominium had been burglarized. When officers responded, there was no sign of a burglary at Louder’s home and her roommate told police Louder “had been acting confused,” Bass said.

Also says:

Louder was later recorded on video surveillance walking around her apartment complex with her dog around 3:30 p.m. She was having an animated conversation, but no one else was seen in the video, Bass said.

I don't know if that's anything because I also talk to my dogs when we're out, but I guess it would not be called an animated conversation - unless saying "need to go poo poo?" a bunch of times qualifies :)

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=31880265&ni...ore-disappearance&fm=home_page&s_cid=topstory

Now we know why the surveillance video has not been released. AFAIK the video(s) were shown only to family members, likely to establish a history of mental state.

Reviewing the photos on the FB page, some in which KL appears reveal 'something' not quite right. I do not know if it is the smile or eyes or combination. The best way I can explain it is: the smile is not 'deep' on many of the images.

I suspect KL will be found in an area already searched. She could not travel very far on foot with no one seeing her, especially during a somewhat rare torrential rain storm during which at least some curious folks would be looking out their windows watching the rain.

The only possible good scenario is KL made it to a friend's house and is in hiding, with the friend attending to her although by now we might expect that friend would have contacted family.

A little more info - she actually made 3 911 calls:

Also says:

I don't know if that's anything because I also talk to my dogs when we're out, but I guess it would not be called an animated conversation - unless saying "need to go poo poo?" a bunch of times qualifies :)

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=31880265&ni...ore-disappearance&fm=home_page&s_cid=topstory

This new information is beginning to make this more clear. It sounds like she was having some sort of mental breakdown which points to suicide to me. She has to be close to her condo.

Now we know why the surveillance video has not been released. AFAIK the video(s) were shown only to family members, likely to establish a history of mental state.

Reviewing the photos on the FB page, some in which KL appears reveal 'something' not quite right. I do not know if it is the smile or eyes or combination. The best way I can explain it is: the smile is not 'deep' on many of the images.

I suspect KL will be found in an area already searched. She could not travel very far on foot with no one seeing her, especially during a somewhat rare torrential rain storm during which at least some curious folks would be looking out their windows watching the rain.

The only possible good scenario is KL made it to a friend's house and is in hiding, with the friend attending to her although by now we might expect that friend would have contacted family.
I agree with you in there is something amiss about her when viewing her photos.. Her mental state is leading me to believe that her disappearance was unassisted also. I hope she is with a friend but I somehow doubt it because they obviously know people are looking for her and any decent person would make a call.

This new information is beginning to make this more clear. It sounds like she was having some sort of mental breakdown which points to suicide to me. She has to be close to her condo.

I agree about the mental breakdown except I'm not sure about the suicide. Lots of new information here. http://www.ksl.com/?sid=31880265&ni...ore-disappearance&fm=home_page&s_cid=topstory

It appears obvious that she was having some sort of mental breakdown. Perhaps in the 'animated conversation' she was seen having on video, she was talking to herself (unless she was on the phone with someone.) Sounds like the 911 burglary call was dismissed since she had called police the night before saying there was an armed fight, but there was not. Seems she was delusional or hallucinating and perhaps the burglary call was the direct result of paranoia. Do we know if she was medicated for her 'bit of depression'? These meds have the possibility of side effects like this, especially if the person has bipolar tendencies which they may have never known until it it brought out from a med like this.

I worry that the way she left was some sort of impulsive, unplanned act to possibly flee what she believed was a threat to her. It was reported that in a video she turns around as if someone was following her. It reminds me a little of Teleka Patrick, who impulsively and aimlessly drove her car around believing she was followed. She left her purse with all of her belongings and phone at her job, I believe. I don't believe Teleka set out to kill herself, but ultimately she drowned in the dark accidentally while fleeing her vehicle.

I am not convinced that there was any foul play that led to KL's disappearance, but someone in an impaired state of mind like KL appeared to have been can definitely be more easily taken advantage of. I also don't believe KL set out to hurt herself. I think she left to flee something (as evidenced by the video of her that showed her looking behind like someone was following her), and also the way she left everything and that she was not dressed for the weather. I believe she may still be out there, wandering around, having a mental breakdown and unable to get help.

The 3 phone calls that she made to 911 (where it seems she may have been delusional) are a clue to her state of mind and thus I believe will be linked to the cause of her disappearance. They state that KL is believed to be a danger to herself, so definitely someone had an idea things were off.

It is also not known why she lost her job, but her mental state may have had something to do with it.

I hope and pray they find this girl very soon!!

I would only hope that when the cops see 3 911 calls made by someone that is obviously having mental issues, that they would take that person in to the hospital instead of just leaving her be which causes her to risk her own safety!!!!!!!! Now, she is missing.

I would only hope that when the cops see 3 911 calls made by someone that is obviously having mental issues, that they would take that person in to the hospital instead of just leaving her be which causes her to risk her own safety!!!!!!!! Now, she is missing.

I do not wish to put any bad light on LE...

but I do question why these three 911 calls... Each with questionable lucidity.... Would not create a "Red Flag" of some sort...

All.... JMO...

I agree about the mental breakdown except I'm not sure about the suicide. Lots of new information here. http://www.ksl.com/?sid=31880265&ni...ore-disappearance&fm=home_page&s_cid=topstory

It appears obvious that she was having some sort of mental breakdown. Perhaps in the 'animated conversation' she was seen having on video, she was talking to herself (unless she was on the phone with someone.) Sounds like the 911 burglary call was dismissed since she had called police the night before saying there was an armed fight, but there was not. Seems she was delusional or hallucinating and perhaps the burglary call was the direct result of paranoia. Do we know if she was medicated for her 'bit of depression'? These meds have the possibility of side effects like this, especially if the person has bipolar tendencies which they may have never known until it it brought out from a med like this.

I worry that the way she left was some sort of impulsive, unplanned act to possibly flee what she believed was a threat to her. It was reported that in a video she turns around as if someone was following her. It reminds me a little of Teleka Patrick, who impulsively and aimlessly drove her car around believing she was followed. She left her purse with all of her belongings and phone at her job, I believe. I don't believe Teleka set out to kill herself, but ultimately she drowned in the dark accidentally while fleeing her vehicle.

I am not convinced that there was any foul play that led to KL's disappearance, but someone in an impaired state of mind like KL appeared to have been can definitely be more easily taken advantage of. I also don't believe KL set out to hurt herself. I think she left to flee something (as evidenced by the video of her that showed her looking behind like someone was following her), and also the way she left everything and that she was not dressed for the weather. I believe she may still be out there, wandering around, having a mental breakdown and unable to get help.

The 3 phone calls that she made to 911 (where it seems she may have been delusional) are a clue to her state of mind and thus I believe will be linked to the cause of her disappearance. They state that KL is believed to be a danger to herself, so definitely someone had an idea things were off.

It is also not known why she lost her job, but her mental state may have had something to do with it.

I was thinking of Teleka as well. :/

ETA I was thinking aout why she may be embarrassed about losing her job. (What follows is total speculation and will probably reveal more about me than about her!) JMO, social work takes a special skill and a heart for helping others that can endure a lot of frustrating situations :)cow:)...a real belief that it is your calling and you are doing some real good. The social workers I know from undergrad (we got our Psyc BAs together and they went on to earn MSW typically) had a real passion for it since the first time I met them as lowly, naive undergrads :) and it was part of their self-concept for years before they started even applying for MSW programs. I can see how after all that, losing your job could be seen as shameful or embarrassing even if you lost it through no fault of your own. When it is a major component of how you see yourself and so on. :cow:

This is a very good point. I agree that it seems more of paranoia than suicide.

I was thinking of Teleka as well. :/

ETA I was thinking aout why she may be embarrassed about losing her job. (What follows is total speculation and will probably reveal more about me than about her!) JMO, social work takes a special skill and a heart for helping others that can endure a lot of frustrating situations :)cow:)...a real belief that it is your calling and you are doing some real good. The social workers I know from undergrad (we got our Psyc BAs together and they went on to earn MSW typically) had a real passion for it since the first time I met them as lowly, naive undergrads :) and it was part of their self-concept for years before they started even applying for MSW programs. I can see how after all that, losing your job could be seen as shameful or embarrassing even if you lost it through no fault of your own. When it is a major component of how you see yourself and so on. :cow:

I agree PJD.

But wanted to add this possibility; if Kayelyn was terminated because she was exhibiting signs of mental difficulties of her own, it would be embarrassing for her.

The calls made to LE that day are certainly concerning, and may speak to her state of mind.

I agree, I'm feeling mental / emotional break in this one. It's too bad her family and friends are being so defensive about that suggestion on FB - I understand they're afraid that people won't search or will take the case less seriously, but they're wrong. It looks like her friends and town have really come together to search and put up posters. Sorry, as someone who suffers from clinical depression, it bothers me when people perpetuate the stigma.

Where are you all finding the info on this ex of hers? Thanks.

I was hesitant to say it but when you guys came up with the 911 calls my first thought was "Maybe she hallucinated". My gut was right from the start obviously, mental health issues, big time. I just hope she's still alive and will be found ASAP.

I pray that Kayelyn is found soon, regardless. I feel a connection with her. I'm close to her age and my life is also in a bit of an upheaval at the moment.

The 911 calls are certainly concerning. It was said earlier that she "checked in" with her mother often. That's something I also do.

I wish they would release the video of her leaving her residence. I don't know yet if I suspect foul play or a mental breakdown, but I'm leaning towards the mental break for some reason.

“Right now the Murray City Police Department believes that Kayelyn left her apartment in a troubled state of mind and is possibly delusional,” he said.“Even if it’s the worst case scenario, that something has happened, like we need to find her body or something,” said Madi Rodriguez, who is Louder’s sister.

This is so sad :( i could not imagine the fear she must have had

http://fox13now.com/2014/10/08/police-missing-woman-made-several-false-reports-to-911-roommate-says-she-was-acting-delusional/

I pray that Kayelyn is found soon, regardless. I feel a connection with her. I'm close to her age and my life is also in a bit of an upheaval at the moment.

The 911 calls are certainly concerning. It was said earlier that she "checked in" with her mother often. That's something I also do.

I wish they would release the video of her leaving her residence. I don't know yet if I suspect foul play or a mental breakdown, but I'm leaning towards the mental break for some reason.

I hope things smooth out soon, I'll be thinking of you.

I think it's fair to say that mental health plays a role here. The job loss; 3 911 calls; leaving with no shoes etc in the pouring rain; as well as the comment from the roommate worrying that she was "delusional"... there's lots of evidence that point in that direction.

I don't think it matters why she lost her job... and if she is found alive and well I think that speculation about it on the internet could cause problems for her - both emotionally, and practically, as she tries to find employment again. I really hope that the media stays out of that piece.

Yes, it's true that she worked with troubled kids, and that maybe one of those kids could have something to do with her disappearance. But if there was any chance of that, I'm sure that someone at the group home would have reported it.

What I wonder is... have people been searching homeless shelters? I work at a shelter (not sure if this is allowed... is this considered "expert" info?) and I come into contact with LOTS of people that show up with no identification or shoes. I realize this sounds pretty crazy, but unless I had heard a news report about a specific missing person, I wouldn't consider someone showing up at the shelter in this state out of the ordinary. We have stashes of shoes/socks/coats for this very purpose.

Family makes plea to public to help find missing Murray woman
1421969.jpg

Louder has not been seen since Sept. 27. She had recently lost her job. And Murray police say in the 24 hours leading up to her disappearance, she exhibited unusual behavior. She called 911 from her cellphone in her condominium about 9 p.m. on Sept. 26 reporting a "large fight" at the complex clubhouse, near 5500 South and 500 East. When officers arrived, they found a wedding reception but no fight.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...public-to-help-find-missing-Murray-woman.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back