UT - Kouri Richins, 33, Author, wife, mom, charged in husband’s “unexpected” death last year, May 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too many people to reply to so I will just make a general reply. First, I am not stupid, I know people use ghostwriters for books. I had just never heard of ghostwriting for a children's book because it isn't difficult to write a couple sentences per page.
tbh as someone who reads childrens books a lot (as I work with kids), I wouldn't say that's true. There are good kids books and there are bad ones - writing a children's book is a skill like anything else. Not anybody could do it, or at least, not well. There's a reason why some kids picture books become literary classics and some are the crap you find in bargain bins, the latter are written by some copywriter hired by a toy manufacturer to write tie-ins and it shows how little skill they have versus real children's authors.

In that way she was right to hire a ghostwriter. If she wasn't his murderer, and she wasn't just doing it for clout or sympathy or as a distraction or whatever, she went about the whole publishing thing the right way.

Specific to the purchase of the compound, I disagree. IMO, KR was clever as a fox. If she did not have support for the purchase by ER-- as reported, she most likely purchased the property as K Richins Realty, lLC, and ER's signature not required.

I believe it's been reported KR purchased the compound for "her business" and if true that she closed on the transaction following the death of her husband, it doesn't follow that KR wouldn't have long ago been charged with fraud if she forged his signature. Also, a Durable POA is not valid after death. JMO

Appending my own message to confirm the property was purchased by KR Realty on 3/8/2022, and ending the mystery!

1684215788737.png
1684215849288.png

tbh as someone who reads childrens books a lot (as I work with kids), I wouldn't say that's true. There are good kids books and there are bad ones - writing a children's book is a skill like anything else. Not anybody could do it, or at least, not well. There's a reason why some kids picture books become literary classics and some are the crap you find in bargain bins, the latter are written by some copywriter hired by a toy manufacturer to write tie-ins and it shows how little skill they have versus real children's authors.

In that way she was right to hire a ghostwriter. If she wasn't his murderer, and she wasn't just doing it for clout or sympathy or as a distraction or whatever, she went about the whole publishing thing the right way.
I just had a horrible image of books written entirely by algorithms .I just got more worried about humanities future than I have ever been !
But really how dumb did she look as she was trying to pretend she knew how to navigate buying drugs.
Just picturing her saying the crap outloud has me in hysteric outloud giggles.

Google still has book reviews.

Link to Reviews

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Appending my own message to confirm the property was purchased by KR Realty on 3/8/2022, and ending the mystery!

View attachment 422609
View attachment 422610
So the timeline:

Eric date of death Friday 3/4/22 (more likely night of 3/3/23)

Party on ? Sat or Sunday night?

Deed date recorded Tuesday 3/8/22.

She signed as the sole owner of the realty company. His signature was not required.

Why did he have to die before the deed was recorded?

Last edited:
I have a feeling we're going to see a whole closet full of shoes here.
Shades of Imdelda Marcos! (Imelda died with 3,000 pairs of shoes, bought w/ money stolen from the Filipino people.)

Doug and Kim Roylance probably popped the top on a bottle of nonalcoholic champaign (if Mormon) and danced a happy dance when they unloaded that behemoth. Or maybe they sat in the car high-fiveing each other screaming "We did it, we did it!" after the closing.

From the sampling of reader reviews of Are You With Me? posted by @neesaki, this be my favorite. Succinct. Concise.
Jezebel narc woman hope husband rests in peace.

So the timeline:

Eric date of death Friday 3/4/22 (more likely night of 3/3/23)

Party on ? Sat or Sunday night?

Deed date recorded Tuesday 3/8/22.

She signed as the sole owner of the realty company. His signature was not required.

Why did he have to die before the deed was recorded?
That is the question!

The following is all MOO.

With her previous two alleged attempts to kill her husband, it seems like it would only be a matter of time before she tried again, and perhaps the animosity surrounding the purchase of this property was her trigger. Plus, if he did threaten divorce when arguing with her, perhaps she had concerns that, even if she could sign off on the property herself under her business (as @Seattle1 was able to discover), she could potentially lose the property in their divorce settlement.

Those are just theories. It will be interesting to see what comes out in the trial, if it makes it there!

Yeah, children are not stupid so writing a book for kids would really follow the same general standards lol.

They couldn't have been 100% separated if he ate or drank something she prepared for him...
It is so sad how much he seemed to want to trust her and how she allegedly betrayed that .

Yes, he did a lot to shelter his income and property from her, going so far as to re-write his will to make his sister his sole heir.

He knew she had already tried to steal ~ $500,000 from him, either directly from bank and CC accounts, or by fraud with his business insurance, falsifying signatures on bank loans, etc.

And not just that, but he had concerns she was trying to POISON him !

I cannot believe he thought this would change at all, considering the new huge financial stress she was up against where she needed another substantial chunk of change to get the unfinished $2 million house into shape for a flip.

I have to believe he was staying in her proximity only for the sake of his children. He might have considered they might, too, be at some risk from her. I don't know about Utah but that would be one big nasty divorce and child custody fight, as his best option would be to try to discredit her as a financial fraud to get custody.

His own family clearly had his back and considering their position in the community, it's surprising that he hadn't already started divorce and legal fraud filings against her.

I cannot wait to see what other stuff she was up to. This is only the tiny tip of the iceberg with this horrible woman.

That is the question!

The following is all MOO.

With her previous two alleged attempts to kill her husband, it seems like it would only be a matter of time before she tried again, and perhaps the animosity surrounding the purchase of this property was her trigger. Plus, if he did threaten divorce when arguing with her, perhaps she had concerns that, even if she could sign off on the property herself under her business (as @Seattle1 was able to discover), she could potentially lose the property in their divorce settlement.

Those are just theories. It will be interesting to see what comes out in the trial, if it makes it there!

I hadn't thought of splitting the house in a divorce. That may have given her more twisted motivation to kill him.

Here's a link directly to the interview:

Listening to it right now. She sounds so chipper.

@ch_13, thank you for posting the link directly. Wow, at that interview and narcissism at its finest. jmo

Originally from Bountiful, Richins went to Woods Cross High before graduating from the University of Utah, according to his Facebook profile. The university declined to comment but confirmed he received a bachelor’s degree in 2011.

Two years prior, he had started a masonry business called C&E Stone Masonry with his business partner and close friend Cody Wright; the letters in the company’s name corresponded to their own initials, according to a petition filed Wednesday in an ongoing probate case over Richins’ estate. The pair focused on intricate outdoor stone work, pavers and tile work in high-end homes, as seen on their Instagram.

Richins and Wright purchased mutual life insurance policies on each other, the petition states. Skordas said this is common practice when two people go into business together. “It gives you the funds to buy the other party out if they die,” he said.

So she wanted her husband to change the beneficiary from his partner TO HER???? that's messed up if true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lizjen