UT - Kouri Richins, 33, Author, wife, mom, charged in husband’s “unexpected” death last year, May 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hohoho....

KR was an insurance agent!

View attachment 423724

Her biz email was JSCHROEDER@TVCMARKETING.COM per her licensee page; there is also some lack of clarity about dates, but perhaps the state recently pulled the license when fraud was being detected (e.g. in this case?)?

Do we have any use (for research purposes) for an alias "J Schroeder"?

According to Been Verified, this JS associated with this email, also has that phone number shown on the Ins. License info.

Why would she use someone else’s phone and email ? Could the records be wrong, or could this be a case of identity theft?

I just wonder what he said to her after waking up.…. I.e., “What did you put in that sandwich? “. “Are you trying to get rid of me? “
Or did he say nothing to her. For that matter, the other poisonings as well.
What was her explanation? I cant wrap my head around it.
I have given this some thought...what would I do if I put myself into Eric Richins shoes. I would say nothing to her but I would speak my suspicions to close confidants. As it seems he has done with his business partner and sisters. This wasn't a passion killing where she ran him over with her car or shot him a la intruder stand your ground. If we believe the allegations; she wanted it to look like a suicide, accidental overdose, allergic or toxic reaction to something to collect life insurance and his estate. Poor guy. I think he ran out of time collecting evidence of her dubiousness himself.

The house she bought before she allegedly killed Eric is in default as of 5/12/23 (along with other properties she owns)

View attachment 423875View attachment 423876
WHOA

That's a big default ! $2,624,850.

That's the Big Strike megamansion!!! It looks like the date is the date Eric Riven's body was found and the date it was recorded also aligns with the previous information from LE

This is what she murdered her husband for.

I question if she really gave it to him at all.
This whole case has me questioning things at every angle ,lots of alleged things . How do they prove Kori spiked a sandwich?
Mon 2/14 to Fri 3/4 is just short of 3 weeks. ER's hair should have grown enough to test for drugs ingested on 2/14. JMO the detectives would have investigated to see if ER was a drug user when he suspiciously died of a fentanyl od - what they found instead was KR was the one making illegal purchases, plus her texts, her contacts. So legally, I think they just back into her pattern of behavior to show that she had previously tried and failed to poison him 2/14.

A prenup implies both parties understand the marriage may not last.

And yet, as reported above, the document appears to say "Divorce is not an option, you'll have to kill me'."

It almost feels to me this attitude was perpetuated, but later it was "Dare you to do it. Just try us, and you'll see!"

Like others, I'm really wondering about the family dynamics.

JMO
A prenup can also imply that each had different ideas wrt personal fiscal responsibility. Keeping separate finances and explicitly revoking future claims against each others money can mitigate some problems related to finances. JMO.

It occurs to me that the purchase of the "Michael Jackson strength" fentanyl 5 days after Eric death may have been to poison someone else, as mentioned above. Some choices are:

1. Eric's sister who broke the news Kouri was not receiving Eric's money. ( KRB did assault her)

2. Cody Wright, who would be the beneficiary of the $2,000,000 business life insurance that Kouri had already tried to steal in January 2022.

3. One or more of her children. I am still concerned she took out life insurance policies on the children. It would be easy to poison them with the stronger fentanyl she just bought and claim they were Eric's hidden pills that the kids found and ingested.

Yeah. I think she is very capable of that.

More tragedy, more sympathy, more TV appearances.
I may be completely wrong, but I thought that the intent to distribute charges were related to giving the drug to Eric without his knowledge. The 4th charge from March 9 does not have intent to distribute. I'm wondering if that means that the police either don't suspect that she was going to give it to anyone (knowingly or otherwise - to children), or whether she had just ordered it in case the previous attempt didn't work and since he was already dead there was no target to distribute to. Is there such a thing as a standing drug order? JMO.

ETA: from @Erutan 's post, the following quote: The document alleges that last March 9 or March 10, after her husband's death, Richins told C.L. to leave more fentanyl pills in a fire pit at a home she owned.
So it was not a standing order or backup order. The order was placed after Eric's death.

Last edited:
Who do you think could have given it to him. I definitely don’t believe he willingly took it.
I wonder how often did she make sandwiches for him? A lot? Sometimes? Only when asked? I am thinking the latter, that it was exceptionally rare at this point in the marriage, and he asked her to do so on this occasion to see what happened, as a further strike against her. Or was he hoping against hope that she had gotten over poisoning him?
It would certainly be interesting to know the meal dynamics of the family.

Who do you think could have given it to him. I definitely don’t believe he willingly took it.

The sandwich was the first poisoning attempt that we know of, right? Even if Eric found out that Kouri was duplicitous and stealing from him, I don't think he would necessarily suspect she was trying to kill him.

There are a lot of couples with money problems, whether one spouse is hiding money in secret accounts, or gambling it away, or just being a spendthrift. But as much as those couples may fight and argue, their issues usually lead to a divorce not a murder.

The sandwich was the first poisoning attempt that we know of, right? Even if Eric found out that Kouri was duplicitous and stealing from him, I don't think he would necessarily suspect she was trying to kill him.

There are a lot of couples with money problems, whether one spouse is hiding money in secret accounts, or gambling it away, or just being a spendthrift. But as much as those couples may fight and argue, their issues usually lead to a divorce not a murder.

He reported to his sister that he was concerned Kouri was trying to poison him when they were on a trip in Greece.

I dont know when that trip was.

I think the first attempt was, according to reports, when they were in Greece several years prior. They married in 2013, and by 2015 she had already started taking out life insurance policies on him.

He had already consulted a divorce attorney in 2020. Too bad he didn’t just go through with it.They had even discussed divorce. I would be willing to bet , she continually convinced him to ”work on the marriage for the sake of the kids”, so she could have time to perfect her kill strategy. She was dragging it out. She was not going to give up that dough. :mad:

Clipped from article

“But, while she went on local television to promote the book and painted the image of a happy and wholesome family life ripped apart by unexpected tragedy, attorney and Richins family spokesman Greg Skordas, told DailyMail.com that Richins and Kouri had discussed divorce in the months leading up to this death.

He said: 'They had argued over financial issues, and it seemed that both were more realistic [about divorce] as a way forward.'”

He reported to his sister that he was concerned Kouri was trying to poison him when they were on a trip in Greece.

I dont know when that trip was.
Ah, good point. Yes that would certainly lead someone to be suspicious.

But then I can also imagine if a couple of years go by with you on your guard and nothing happens, you may start doubting your initial suspicions. And maybe start wondering: Could it have been food poisoning? Could it have been from eating unfamiliar food?

Conveniently for her, he  isn't here to share his story.

it's essy to Monday quarterback this. Why didn't he leave?

IMO she is nothing but a master manipulator. Using babies, guilt -- whatever works. If she's like others like her, she probably wept, begged, threatened suicide. Her kind create drama, create entanglements.

She used their children to promote herself. Her image, her "innocence", her brand. Wrapped up in a pretty book. All for show. All for personal gain. A prop to serve her grieving widow act.

He didn't leave because she likely made it nearly and ultimately impossible for him to do so.

It's what gaslighters -- and insatiable grifters-do.

Jmo

Conveniently for her, he  isn't here to share his story.

it's essy to Monday quarterback this. Why didn't he leave?

IMO she is nothing but a master manipulator. Using babies, guilt -- whatever works. If she's like others like her, she probably wept, begged, threatened suicide. Her kind create drama, create entanglements.

She used their children to promote herself. Her image, her "innocence", her brand. Wrapped up in a pretty book. All for show. All for personal gain. A prop to serve her grieving widow act.

He didn't leave because she likely made it nearly and ultimately impossible for him to do so.

It's what gaslighters -- and insatiable grifters-do.

Jmo
Knowing that ER consulted with a divorce attorney in 2020, I don't doubt that he was acting on the advice of counsel and was likely documenting and gathering evidence that would be used to seek primary custody of the children. We also know the havoc COVID played on the courts between 2020-2022. JMO

Knowing that ER consulted with a divorce attorney in 2020, I don't doubt that he was acting on the advice of counsel and was likely documenting and gathering evidence that would be used to seek primary custody of the children. We also know the havoc COVID played on the courts between 2020-2022. JMO
Great point Seattle1.

During COVID, it would have been such a mess trying how to figure out how to share custody of the children and such.

Kouri, Licensed for What Type(s) of Ins?
Trying not to veer too far OT, but what TYPE of ins. Kouri was licensed to sell by State of UT?
Do we KNOW she was licensed to sell LIFE ins? Seems likely, so seems she could have been agent on those policies in 2015 -2017.

https://licenseesearch.uid.utah.gov/s/agent?id=1766715 (@Seattle1 TYVM again)
w licensee details for Kouri as "Resident Limited Line Producer" shows an affiliation w "MOTOR CLUB."
Unclear to me whether that would relate to life ins. Could be, IDK.

Screenshot also shows -
- bus address "Kamas UT" w zip and
- bus. phone number starting "405-843" which has an OKC, OK. area prefix. Could be a cell number she ported w her over the years. Or maybe another explanation?
Utah Life Insurance Exam Content Outline
Utah Accident and Health Insurance License Exam Content Outline
Utah Life, Accident and Health Insurance License Exam Content Outline
Utah Property and Casualty Insurance License Exam Content Outline
Utah Property Insurance License Exam Content Outline
Utah Casualty Insurance License Exam Content Outline
FWIW The Utah license database was my find.... I used to have insurance licenses.

Basically, there are insurance agents for people and insurance agents for property. If we knew which of those two KR was in, we'd be making progress. Either one, and she was probably into some hinky business.

IME the insurance exams are not difficult (harder than a real estate license, but not nearly as difficult as a securities license). Once you get into details of individual products (i.e. policies), that's when things get arcane, but the license comes before you can sell products; when you study the products you're selling, that's when you get clobbered with detail.

Last edited:
According to Been Verified, this JS associated with this email, also has that phone number shown on the Ins. License info.

Why would she use someone else’s phone and email ? Could the records be wrong, or could this be a case of identity theft?
I believe we can assume the records are correct. Email, phone, address, belongs with the license, and these are state regulators; you might even have to have fingerprints on file (I've forgotten if this is the case for insurance agents.)

You can lose your license for not being up-to-date on continuing ed credits, failure to pay, etc., so this could have happened to KR, but I'm suspicious something else was going on.

You can also get your license yanked.

Got a question about this Eppipen thing.
How does an eppipen help with a drug overdose ?
Also was his mom vacationing when she passed away? Weird Eric would feel poisoned in Geece ..while vacationing ?

Lastly why ,continue to live with someone you think it doing this to you?
I dunno seems he did drink ,did his sister know that? If he used drugs would she know that? Construction work is not easy on a persons body and I could see a sister not knowing that ,also the trustee was set up in 2018 , right after the death of their mother . I found that a very interesting .

Got a question about this Eppipen thing.
How does an eppipen help with a drug overdose ?
Also was his mom vacationing when she passed away? Weird Eric would feel poisoned in Geece ..while vacationing ?

Lastly why ,continue to live with someone you think it doing this to you?
I dunno seems he did drink ,did his sister know that? If he used drugs would she know that? Construction work is not easy on a persons body and I could see a sister not knowing that ,also the trustee was set up in 2018 , right after the death of their mother . I found that a very interesting .
Sounds like ER initially thought it was an allergic reaction due to his symptoms, so he used the epi pen to counteract.

This was an early report and it says dinner, but I think we’ve since learned it was a sandwich that she left on the seat of his truck with a love note.

Either way, it was on Valentines Day and she did poison him.
Just not enough to be fatal at that time.
Pure evil
jmo

[…]
On Feb. 14, 2022, the couple had a Valentine’s Day dinner in which Eric “became very ill,” a probable cause statement cited by KUTV states. Eric broke out in hives, couldn’t breathe and passed out after using his son’s EpiPen and taking Benadryl.

“Eric believed that he had been poisoned. Eric told a friend that he thought his wife was trying to poison him,” it says.
[…]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member