UT - Kylen Schulte, 24, & Crystal Beck, 38, newlywed couple found dead, Grand County, 18 Aug 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Let's figure out where they were, where the bar was, where their first and second camping spots were. Help me map this - perhaps we can figure out the relationship between the murderer and the camp site.

These screen shots are based on comments upthread.

upload_2021-8-24_22-36-45.png

upload_2021-8-24_22-38-48.png

upload_2021-8-24_22-39-45.png

upload_2021-8-24_22-48-18.png

Also of interest:

"Calvert (Crystal's aunt) posted a photo from their recent wedding, showing Kylen Schulte in a white dress and Beck, who also used the name Crystal Turner, in a black suit. They had their arms around each other." (link)
Who were they?

NINTCHDBPICT000674564847.jpg

Kaylen Schulte (R) and Crystal Beck (L) (aka Crystal Turner) were found dead after camping in UtahCredit: Facebook/Kylen Schulte
Who were Kylen Schulte and Crystal Beck?

Did they drive to the bar and back to the tent? Did they leave their tent and belongings unguarded while at the bar? How long were they at the bar? Was their tent near where they camped the first time? Did they indeed change camp sites?

They were concerned about a prowler near their tent, there was discussion about moving the tent to a different location, they went to the bar 40 minutes away (is the tent location correct?), they drank alcohol and returned to their tent, they were murdered some distance from the tent? Were they dressed the same as when they were in the bar?

Did they drive to the bar and back to the tent? Did they leave their tent and belongings unguarded while at the bar? How long were they at the bar? Was their tent near where they camped the first time? Did they indeed change camp sites?

They were concerned about a prowler near their tent, there was discussion about moving the tent to a different location, they went to the bar 40 minutes away (is the tent location correct?), they drank alcohol and returned to their tent, they were murdered some distance from the tent? Were they dressed the same as when they were in the bar?

Im not sure if they ever changed locations. I was under the impression they did not, but that is just an interpretation of the information in the news.

I believe one article (can’t remember which) said they were at the bar from about 6 to 9pm.

As far as the location goes, looking at that second image you posted, the friend that found them seemed to say she was heading toward sand point road (I think it was called). That’s the road that peels off to the west just north of webb hollow creek, so seemingly they were found at a pull off somewhere south of there.

It looks like there is a dirt road that runs east-west across the manti la sal (main road) with webb hollow to the east. My best guess is the camp site was along the same dirt road, but just WEST of the main road.

I could be wrong about that, the pull offs are hard to see on the map, but I am 99% sure it was a pull off somewhere along that stretch within a half mile or so (between warner lake road and sand point road), and almost as certain that they were on the west side of the main road rather than east.

Again though, this is just based on basic knowledge of that area and the information linked in this thread.

I’m pleased to see the FBI is involved. I hope the crime scene has been well preserved and guarded for their investigation. Based on security footage released from Woodys Tavern, and other intuition, I don’t believe they encountered the murderer at Woodys. I’m leaning toward the “creeper dude” or just a random psycho that by chance happened upon them. All just my opinion based on very limited information

How sad that these two women were homeless and had to stay in a campground night after night. I wonder if their killer had seen them before in another campground and had been stalking them. I wonder if they had no choice but to live out of their camper.

There is no danger to the community?? How so?
Well the "creeper" they mentioned would definitely be suspect #1 for me.

I wonder if this is a campground where you have to register to stay there or if it's dispersed camping and you can kind of just camp wherever freely?
I wonder if the girls gave their friends any information about the creeper, descriptions, vehicles? More will come forward hopefully in the upcoming weeks. Be safe out there

I wonder if this was the new campsite they had just moved to---or was this the same campsite that they saw the creeper at?

It is really tragic to die as newlyweds. :(:(

DM says they. had already moved.

Once again, so little information. Puzzling though............
Crystal and Kalen were homeless, so camped out after they were done working. They had a van that was converted to a camper, but left that behind in Moab for this camping trip.
Police say " no danger to the community " but also state they found no gun at the murder site.
Crystal and Kalen told friends of a "creeper dude" that pitched a tent near them and they were going to move camp sites. Odd timing on that, and no real news on if they moved.
Crystal and Kalen were discovered by a friend who took it upon herself to help find them.

May justice be served

Where are you reading that they didn't have their van? Other sources are reporting that the friend who found them saw their van and that's how they knew she was there. But I don't see confirmation of either thing in the sources already provided here.

I'm trying to nail down the location of the campsite, and I think I have a pretty good idea.

Unfortunately I don't know how to make maps, but if anyone's curious, go to google maps and look up Webb Hollow Creek Utah. I believe it's right around there, most likely just north of there.

I had initially thought it was a couple miles southeast of there in one of two other locations, but I am now almost certain that was wrong (although my location now could potentially be wrong too, just to be clear).

I bring this up for a couple reasons:

1. This is capital-R remote, and definitely not somewhere it would be likely for someone to locate them by chance, or to find them if specifically looking for them. Even though it's only a few miles away as the crow flies, it's like a 45min drive from Moab.

2. I have not been to this exact location, but based on topo maps it seems to be somewhat less rugged and in some ways more accessible than where I initially thought they were.

I still don't know what it all means, just food for thought.

I totally agree. This is a place that an increasing number of "homeless/van-life" people were slowly aggregating.

I don't know what exactly it means to be homeless vs. van-life. I can't tell yet whether their van was at their campsite or not. Either way, I guess if they were picking up mail at a friend's house or general delivery and weren't paying rent anywhere, they were technically homeless.

What's really weird is how the surveillance camera follows them (focusing on KS). Very odd indeed.

Surveillance camera appears to be directed and pulls in a little in to KS and then follows KS and the blonde to the table.

I suppose this could be a video of a video, but it is really surprising to see the camera pull and follow them to the table. If it's a video of the video - who else is in the video from the static wide angle?

Where are you reading that they didn't have their van? Other sources are reporting that the friend who found them saw their van and that's how they knew she was there. But I don't see confirmation of either thing in the sources already provided here.

They have two vans. A black van that was [apparently] converted to a camper, and it seems this van was their "home" and was still parked where friends knew to look for it.

And a silver Kia van which is what they were driving on this camping trip.

Source: the first couple of posts in the thread

I was wondering what specifically about the “creepy guy” scared Kylen and Crystal, then I remembered years ago. While camping, I noted two men doing nothing wrong. What caught my attention was just that. While all other campers in the area were busily engaging with each other, riding bikes, preparing food, playing games, these two were just watching everyone and didn’t seem to be there for the purpose of camping. We chose to leave. The creepy guy that scared them somehow made that innate sixth sense kick in. May this disgusting individual that shot these two ladies be apprehended

Last edited:
I was wondering what specifically about the “creepy guy” scared Kylen and Crystal, then I remembered years ago. While camping, I noted two men doing nothing wrong. What caught my attention was just that. While all other campers in the area were busily engaging with each other, riding bikes, preparing food, playing games, these two were just watching everyone and didn’t seem to be there for the purpose of camping. We chose to leave. The creepy guy that scared them somehow made that innate sixth sense kick in. May this disgusting individual that shot these two ladies be apprehended

My guess is that two young lesbians - in Utah - are particularly sensitive to “creepy” men. JMO.

I've been following this one from the beginning. This one really got me. Just two people living life, not bothering a soul murdered. I've been following on FB and these were just two incredibly beautiful ladies.. They deserved so much better.

I've been following this one from the beginning. This one really got me. Just two people living life, not bothering a soul murdered. I've been following on FB and these were just two incredibly beautiful ladies.. They deserved so much better.
I’m following because we just returned from a family trip to Moab and it really kind of shook me. We were there T the same time, although not the same campground or anything.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
malik562
Back