Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #16 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m guessing AA’s preliminary hearing is not today. Do we know yet when it will be and whether it will be televised?

What comes next, I think, is his ‘arraignment’—the formal naming of the charges, and the first time he’s been asked if he wants to plead guilty or not guilty. And the judge should set a date for the preliminary hearing then.

So, the arraignment should be either today or tomorrow. I’m guessing tomorrow, since LE has definitely had scads of evidence to sort through.

So the preliminary hearing should be fairly soon, but we don’t know when. And there’s a possibility that there won’t even be a preliminary hearing. The defense can waive it, if they wish.

BBM

I agree the meeting at the park is, "the flea in the ointment."
Why the meeting in the park is my biggest question. I am not sold one way or another I just feel strongly he was not a stranger and did have some sort of prior friendship or relationship of sorts.
BBM:

So does William of Occam.

(I always consult him before forming an opinion...that guy is as sharp as a razor!)

JMO.

In the scenario of rejection, I can see what you mean. I guess we vary on our thoughts in that regard but none of us know. I think it likely she knew him and there was no immediate rejection by her as she went to him willingly, suitcase and all, after a trip, funeral and flight no less. So again, to me, if there was nothing to hide and no murder plan and a blonde white woman is a status symbol, then why not pick her up at the airport, again to show her off on your arm and even to impress or "woo" her if he wants such a status symbol?

I do understand the overall thought of rejection by a type of woman he wanted but I guess I do not see her happy to see him one minute and rejecting him the next second that quickly. It also appears something was planned by him that had nothing to do with rejection again as he did not pick her up at the airport and they met at the park. I don't know that I see him wanting a status symbol and/or a relationship even--I think women more likely have no value at all in his mind, even as a status symbol, other than to use and throw away.

I base this on I think at least two accounts of women who said he did not even try to get to know them nor ask them any questions about themselves, their lives, etc. All he wanted was to go from talking to them to suggesting meeting at their home or getting them into his car. That sounds like looking for some one nighter/booty call (or worse) and nothing to do with ending up with a status symbol.

I do see where he I guess could have a hatred of white blonde women if he had a lot of rejection from such but I still lean more towards he had no respect for women at all and in fact saw them only as something to use as a means to his ends--whether financial, his violent fantasies, sex or whatever.

It is interesting to discuss though, so I am not responding in argument but in discussion. We will probably come to find out we are all wrong on our theories. If we ever hear any more facts that is :)
In the spirit of discussion. :) IMO “status symbol” is the wrong choice of words. It might be better to say “She is a symbol of something he covets.” Something he wants but can’t possess.

I also think it is possible he didn't initially pick up ML with the intention of killing her...she could have gone to his housing willingly but when confronted with the live webcamming and the suspect's offer to pimp her, she wanted no part of it.

But doesn’t aggravated murder, by definition, mean that there was premeditation involved?

In Utah, one of the things that raises ‘murder’ to ‘aggravated murder’ is ‘desecration of a body.’ That doesn’t even have to mean something lurid like burning or dismembering. It can mean burying or dumping a body, outside of the normal systems. So, the prosecution should be able to prove that, beyond even a shadow of a doubt.

So, premeditation isn’t even relevant, but—for future reference in other cases, there’s a huge difference between preplanning and premeditation. Showing that someone preplanned something makes it easier to establish premeditation, but it’s not necessary. Premeditation is simply thinking of something, and deciding to do it. For example, say to yourself, really fast, “If I kill her, she won’t call the cops on me.” That’s premeditation, even if it only takes a fraction of a second.

MOO

Last edited:
BBM:

I can.

"Innocent explanation" is a complete oxymoron when it comes to this evil moron.

I'm firmly in the camp that believes ML's murder was premeditated.
I believe every one of AA's actions that night was directed toward that aim.

Clearly, AA used some pretext to get ML to meet him in that dark, isolated parking lot at 3 am.
Just as clearly, he was able to successfully dupe ML into believing whatever ruse he used.

She went willingly to meet him that night.
Willingly, but unwittingly.

It doesn't require a huge stretch of the imagination to believe that he could also come up with some pretext to get her to turn off her phone once she arrived at the meeting location.

She may very well have turned off her phone willingly.
Willingly, but unwittingly.

To me, it doesn't matter whether AA turned off ML's phone forcibly, whether ML turned it off under duress, or whether ML turned it off willingly.

Regardless of whatever method he employed to get her phone turned off, i.e., force, coercion, or duplicity, it shows premeditation on his part.

Any way you slice it, there is no innocent explanation for her phone being turned off.

It doesn't matter where the attack started, we end up with the same tragic outcome.

All roads lead to Rome here...notwithstanding the fact that Rome is not in Utah.

JMO.

Thank you!

I thought so as well. Like very early on. Well I sure hope it tells a good story. I have a feeling it will. Fingers and toes crossed.

Hi everyone. Happy Tuesday.

Just an observation on my part. I’m comparing all of the photos from AA home during the active search and then the day after, and IMO it does appear that a video doorbell was next to the front door (in the nighttime photos) and then in the daytime ones it seems to be gone. Did anyone else see that?

I bet that doorbell camera holds a wealth of information.

I sure am anxious for the DA to announce these charges.
BBM

Agreed ! Anxious to learn more.

Yeah his modeling pics look a lot different than the person arrested on video and also the mugshot. Looks like he let himself go, gained weight, and subsequently may have had more trouble sustaining female attention which lead to a more aggressive approach.

At the same time, he was personally becoming more empowered. Now he was a homeowner that didn't need to share space with roommates. He controlled all aspects. He set up the Air BnB, so neighbors were used to seeing random strangers arrive and depart at all hours. . The home was also in a very diverse part of town, where it's estimated that 70% of school children are Hispanic and English is a second language for many. Folks here wouldn't be calling police for minor infractions like other neighborhoods in SLC that are more well to do. It was a nice set up on multiple fronts.

He was setting up shop and this may have been the beginning. The cameras. The creation of a sound proof room with hooks, that only he could access, lead me to believe he was planning something bigger. Seemed to have a lot of money at his disposal too.

The fact that the Lyft driver went to park and not his home, bought him extra days to cover or try to destroy evidence. The coincidence that her cell phone stopped receiving/sending data when they met, I can't take as a coincidence. This leads me to believe this meeting was a set up, and possibly just the beginning for this guy. He thought he could get away with something, because he always had.

But yes, maybe this particular meeting didn't go according to plan and things escalated quicker than expected. This is my opinion only and could very well prove to be wrong in the upcoming weeks as more evidence is released.
BBM

Re. the bolded sections : Good points ! Wonder if he has other victims, here -- or in his country of origin ?

I have wondered if she knew him casually from when he lived at the apartments across the street and was recently reconnecting with him. What we do know is that he is a liar. So he could have said a number of things.

Characteristics of hunters:
1: They know habits and behavior of their prey
2: They use bait to attract prey
3: They use camouflage and subterfuge to confuse and disarm
4: The thrill of the chase keeps them active

I believe that by her nature, ML was accommodating.

Also believe that AA was lazy, a fraud, liar, and a disordered predator.

I think ML traveled to Hatch Park because she believed AA either resided (still) in that neighborhood, or that he had prior evening plans there while she was traveling. When she landed, he may have even told her he'd been drinking, didn't want to drive as far as the airport, and could she please catch a ride and meet him at the Park, and she obliged.

Not that it matters, as I believe he lured ML to see him, always intending to live out his sick fantasy. And if not ML, it would have been another, unsuspecting woman. Only a matter of time.

MOO

Last edited:
Didn't she gave a final exam for that morning?

While ML may have had multiple exams, I just learned listening to old news clips that after she missed an exam on Thurs - June 20, she was reported missing to the SLCPD.

Up until then, I too believed ML had an exam on Monday-- but never actually saw confirmation of this.

MOO

I think they'd kept their interactions "online" up until that point... maybe he'd been telling her he lived in a fancy house closer to Hatch Park than his actual house... (?)
I agree and this is not victim shaming or blaming. IMO She was a kind, sweet and caring person and this monster took advantage of that. I also think she was immature and rather naive. From my personal observations, some 23 year olds are young women and others are still girls. I think she was more of the latter. She was not “empowered”, but thought she was, in order to justify her choices.

My theory is that they had an ongoing online “relationship” which involved role playing. She did as he instructed. That night she probably wasn’t thinking rationally following her grandmother’s funeral and just needed comfort. AA is a charmer and knew what to say to get her to meet him and turn off her phone. Once, he got her to his house, things went horribly wrong.

Last edited:
While ML may have had multiple exams, I just learned listening to old news clips that after she missed an exam on Thurs - June 20, she was reported missing to the SLCPD.

Up until then, I too believed ML had an exam on Monday-- but never actually saw confirmation of this.

MOO
Thank you! I didn’t think she had an exam on Monday, but couldn’t remember which day it was. I believe it was also reported that she wasn’t due back to work until Wednesday.

patiently waiting for charges to be laid...today or tomorrow you say?
I believe they were granted an extension to tomorrow - Wednesday? I'm sure the link is in the media thread.

ETA
A suspect would typically only be allowed to be held in custody for 72 hours before charges are filed or they must be released. Because of the extension, Gill told CNN, his office has until Wednesday at 5 p.m. local time.
Mackenzie “Kenzie” Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June, 2019 Media, Maps, Timeline, *NO DISCUSSION*
Post #408

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member