Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #16 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 3 AM meeting time and place is throwing everyone for a loop. Why would a pretty, college girl meet a seemingly strange man that late after a red eye flight at a random park? Why not get dropped off at the guys house or her house or a restaurant? Why didn't he pick her up at the airport?

There was one media story about a connection between the two on the day he was arrested. A reporter camped out behind the police station, I believe, spoke off-camera with friends of ML entering a backdoor at the station before and after the police press conference.

The reporter described one man stating (paraphrasing) that he knew the disappearance would be tied to AA and that he had warned ML about a bad feeling about that guy.

But a definitive link has not been stated. They were both active on social media and dating sites, which is all anyone can guess.

Because he was hiding from witnesses and cameras. IMO, he had murder on his mind, and this was completely premeditated. He wasn't even going to give her the chance to say no to his advances. He was going to take what he wanted. And get rid o f the only witness.

It's possible, although the police and family both said they wanted access to her text messages and that no one had her pin code to enter them (so that would have been one of the first warrants). At any rate, the police used the phrase "text messages" in a presser, although apparently that was based on admissions by AA (that he texted her around 6 pm before she flew out of LA).
Yes, LE said that "phone records" show that he was the last person Kenzie texted with, so I would assume that means they were texting with their cell phones.
Although they may have been communicating on SM that weekend as well. Her friend stated in an interview that she was on SM all weekend, but did not answer a text message from her asking how she was doing. Imo

Last edited:
As I review his history more and more, I wouldn't be surprised if we get a bombshell announcement tying him to other crimes. JMO
Yes, I think that's what they suspected from the start.
After the last Press Conference, there was an interview with a member of LE talking about how this was a very organized crime, and most criminals don't just skip from theft to kidnapping and murder.
After all, he was accused of rape, so there is that, too. Imo

Warning, graphic:

People have speculated that he could have tried to burn her body, or parts of it, and then gave up and took her up to Logan Canyon, leaving charred tissue at the burn site.

Or, speculation that the ‘tissue’ might have been on a weapon that he used to kill her. Not clear why it would end up in the fire—unless it was something he thought would burn. Baseball bat?

On first pass, I also read it as the tissue was recovered from the burn pit. But rereading, they didn’t state that explicitly. They just said that “other charred material [the tissue] was located”.

On one hand, I do think the tissue was recovered from the burn pit... where else would it be from? Plus that statement is part of the same paragraph talking about items found in the pit. On the other hand, if he did try to cremate her initially, could the charred tissue have been located in the trunk of the car?

As I review his history more and more, I wouldn't be surprised if we get a bombshell announcement tying him to other crimes. JMO

I could see more rapes absolutely , as we already know he was investigated yrs ago for at least one, but there were never charges.

But I’m not sure about other murders, this seemed very sloppy for someone that was experienced in that sort of thing.

Jmo

I could see more rapes absolutely , as we already know he was investigated yrs ago for at least one, but there were never charges.

But I’m not sure about other murders, this seemed very sloppy for someone that was experienced in that sort of thing.

Jmo

Yeah. He clearly put a lot of thought into this, but thinking and doing are two completely different things.

Quite a bit of organization in the beginning, but after the murder he seems to have been flying by the seat of his pants.

I am starting to wonder what LE was up to before they could get warrants or if they even received some more general warrants before we knew. While we thought they seemed unconcerned and that they almost acted like they thought she may have went off on her own, or considered it a possibility at least, if immediately or within a day or two they even did some preliminary looking into things, what could they have found out without warrants?

Went to the airport, maybe accessed video, perhaps could have then informally talked to the Lyft driver and just found out generally which drivers were on that night or saw that on video, determined the destination of Hatch Park. The driver could have given them a bit more info of course than we know. The friend who warned her could have went to LE and said hey, it is this guy who would have done something and who she would have met and this is why I think this. Friends may have shared more with LE than we know, including about AA. They could have put together much ahead of time and even canvassed neighbors (no warrant needed) or talked to NSLC PD about any complaints (fire?). All of this could be why possibly it seemed to change in an instant from LE seeming somewhat unconcerned to seeming to know something was wrong, they were on it immediately when warrants came, it was so quick and they seemed to have some pretty broad search warrant rights at his home, with his car, etc.

I think back to one article that said something to the effect of advising the public not to think it is her if you see activity in her SM accounts, it is her friends, etc. accessing it and this was well before the much debated Instagram thing. There were also statements she had not accessed her bank account before we ever heard of any warrants granted.

Just thinking this could be a possibility that investigation was going on almost from the start and if so, kudos to them. There are legal ways and avenues to pursue an investigation without warrants and I am thinking they may well have been utilized.

Just thoughts and jmo.

We would all like to know what the tissue is. Unfortunately, LE is not saying. MOO
It could be a combination of things. They described it as "other charred material" that was found was consistent with human tissue so we really don't know the quantity of what was found.
It must have been a significant amount because initial reports claimed that LE believed he burned her body in his back yard. Imo

Yeah. He clearly put a lot of thought into this, but thinking and doing are two completely different things.

Quite a bit of organization in the beginning, but after the murder he seems to have been flying by the seat of his pants.

Agreed. It all kind of fell apart for him. He had a good plan going and then the wheels came off. Gotta love cell phones, pings, gps, yada yada yada. I'm sure there was more that was his undoing, but I'm going to venture a guess that, for whatever reason, he screwed up with his own phone.

Good Lord, even I know that if I'm texting with someone all of it can be retrieved. What was he thinking? Seriously!

It's going to be a bad trial either way you slice it. A lot of finger pointing.

I think you are right.

This is the kind of trial the media loves and the public loves. It's salacious. Full of sex, kink, and who knows what else will be divulged. It'll be ugly.

Unfortunately, ML is probably going to get dragged through the mud by the defence. You know, they're going to go there.

I don't think AA will plead guilty. MOO

I think the same as you do, MindHunter.
We know of AA's horrid email postings, his wanting a sound proof room with hooks high up, staying in his room for days with women, probable rape/s, then escalating to the tragic murder of Mackenzie, surely other major crimes will be found.
Now that LE have his DNA, 'bombshells' will be presented as crimes and his possible involvement are investigated.
MOO.

Yes, I think that's what they suspected from the start.
After the last Press Conference, there was an interview with a member of LE talking about how this was a very organized crime, and most criminals don't just skip from theft to kidnapping and murder.
After all, he was accused of rape, so there is that, too. Imo
I know it’s hard to accept and understand as we don’t want to believe there are monsters walking, breathing, living, working amongst us. There are murderers who kill for the thrill to get sexual gratification or think they would from killing someone. James Holmes (Batman movie killer) said ever since he was a teen he wanted to kill someone to see what it would feel like. He eventually killed a lot more. There’s always the first time for a murderer. I think this could be a thrill kill. AA chose a young, beautiful, loving, caring, smart woman he wanted for his pleasure and sexual gratification. I think he thought a lot about torturing and doing terrible things to a woman then after kill her. I believe he thought he would get away with it and may still think he’ll get off with the right jury selected or at least a hung jury.

IMHO

Jmo
I agree but if there were others and they were chosen or he got lucky that no one would be looking for them....or other lesser though serious crimes.

It seems like that in almost every case. There is careful planning before committing the crime, and when it's all over they seem to get careless.

Yet apparently LE found no blood splatter, or evidence of a clean up, or a weapon, at least that we know of.
He seemed to go to great lengths to get rid of the body, although he was pretty obvious about it. It may be difficult to determine cause of death.

The phone evidence and the digital trail I don't understand at all.

But he did seem to be very calculating in his planning, if it does turn out that he initiated the meeting and the meeting place. I wonder if it turns out that he disabled the doorbell camera. Imo

I think you are right.

This is the kind of trial the media loves and the public loves. It's salacious. Full of sex, kink, and who knows what else will be divulged. It'll be ugly.

Unfortunately, ML is probably going to get dragged through the mud by the defence. You know, they're going to go there.

I don't think AA will plead guilty. MOO

This case has the potential for “salacious details,” but I’m not as worried as I usually am.

The purpose of trashing the victim here, would be to point the finger at someone else.

This guy can’t really do that, for several reasons:

His lies to LE.

His cell phone being at the park at the same time as Kenzie’s.

Those two fires.

Her burned tissue and belongings being found on his property.

And all the other evidence that we don’t know about.

Not only do I not think there will be a trial, but I think he may have already struck some sort of a deal.

I think he led them to her body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member