Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #16 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The trunk scenario is some posters' speculation only.
Yes, that was mine and as I said - not married to the idea, just can't rule it out. I definitely think she was restrained somehow and he didn't have time to use zip ties or rope and get to his house by 3:07. I think it's possible that the trunk could have been the "restraint." MOO

Okay so with this new information I have two thoughts.
1. crime of passion...maybe thought they were something more than they were, maybe she ended things with him during the text message exchanges she gets in car he hits her, she dies and he panics
2. She knew something she wasn't supposed to know. Some secret he was afraid of getting out ( can't even begin to speculate what) and he lured her for the purpose of killing her.

Thoughts guys?

Too much premeditated planning to be a crime of passion.

And who I knows on the other. This feels of a sexually motivated crime.

I honestly think he didn't know that phone records can be searched without the actual phone. It seems like he thought if he disabled her phone and then destroyed it, LE wouldn't know they had been texting. I think he thought if he burned and buried her, nobody would ever, ever find her.

It really looks like he doesn't have a clue that phone activity can be viewed without the actual phone. It's hard to think that someone would be that ignorant, but it really looks like he was.

jmo

JMO, it's surprising the phone was disabled so quickly after she got in the car. It would seem someone with KL's experience in online social activities she'd be reluctant to shut off her phone voluntarily when on a date with someone she'd just met. Late at night, in a park.

There's something about AA that reminds me of the MO of the Long Island Serial Killer. IIRC, at least one of those victims, when contacted by the "date" was told to leave her cell phone at home. (To be clear, I don't think LISK is connected to this murder)

https://webcache.googleusercontent....cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-b-1-d

Amber Costello, 27, was among the four bodies discovered near Gilgo Beach in December 2010. She disappeared on Sept. 2, 2010, while going to meet a client. Her roommate, Dave Schaller, tells "48 Hours" that Amber felt unusually comfortable with the man she went to meet. She had been promised $1,500 -- nearly six times her normal rate. She left her home in Babylon, N.Y., without her cell phone or even her purse.

BBM

IIRC, in a longer interview, Costello's roommate stated she'd been asked by her customer to leave her cell phone and purse at home. She had received the call with short notice.

Not saying that ML was transacting business, but is it possible AA lured her in with an unusually generous promise or proposal, causing her to let down her guard? Could that explain why the Lyft driver said she seemed comfortable with meeting AA? Would women today who date online normally NOT agree to turn off a cell phone? Would that raise a red flag to most women in this situation?

warning ⚠️ graphic!

I didn’t get to hear any news footage and have only had time to read one article regarding the new info released today. So, please forgive me if I’m way off base here but...

Did I read there was a 5 centimeter hole in the left side of her head? However, the cause of death was not gunshot, but rather blunt force trauma to the left side of her head. This had a scenario pop up for me...

I wonder if he tried to shoot her in the head with something smaller, such as a .22 caliber gun but it wasn’t big enough to kill her instantly so he had to hit her in the head with something to finish the job? He may have hit her so hard part of her scalp came off, which is what was found in the firepit.

I’m sorry for being so graphic but I am just trying to put it all together.

I don’t even know if a .22 would leave a 5cm hole?

Anyways, my condolences and prayers go out to her and her family ❤️

Was he trying to hide evidence when/if he made a second trip to Logan Canyon on the 25th?

As of today, Investigators would have significant history from AA's phone/gps or at least enough to account for his activity from June 17 to date of arrest.

I believe if AA had made a trip to Logan Canyon prior to June 25 , LE would have also determined this already.

Seems clear that evidence placed AA in Logan Canyon on June 25 where ML's remains were located, and they recovered her from this location on July 3.

MOO

It could be that he was sitting at home alone with his fantasies and starting surfing the net for a victim that night - and found ML.

In fact, that's what I think happened. I know I'm in the minority, but I still think they met online that day, before her flight. (I also think LE knows when the met previously online and eventually we'll know for sure.)
jmo

I just don't believe she would meet up at 3:00 am in a park with someone she'd just met online that day, especially without notifying someone first. Also, if the shaking man is to be believed, she'd already told him about AA and so must've been in contact with him previously.

There are 100's of potential valid reasons why her phone was turned off. If we find out an assault happened in the car - some start to look more likely than others.

Perhaps...

Holding some details back for integrity of the case?
Holding some details back that are less than flattering to the victim and not relevant to her being murdered?
You have a good point about why the details of the texts aren’t being given out. What I find so annoying is that anyone could bring themselves to judge her for any reason she met him at 3am in the park. I understand it’s human to judge, but after reading/hearing the details: I find it hard to stomach that people could be mean about it. The only reason I’d like to know is because it’s so puzzling. We can hypothesize, but none of us really knows. It’s curiosity, but maybe more so for those of us on WS who see so many cases and want so badly to understand as much of the details as is possible. As the survivor of a brutal assault/rape, I think I’m constantly trying to find all the small “signs” that could keep me safer. In the end, it’s futile at best, I know. There’s zero indicators as to why my attack happened, nothing that would have tipped anyone off. I had a basic gut instinct to stay home. I was young and carefree, so I ignored it. Where that instinct even came from: I don’t know. No idea. I suppose I’d like to know if KL felt the same instinct. Is that instinctual feeling a common denominator in these types of crimes? I think we on WS, and the true crime community as a whole, want so desperately to find any small clues in order to not only protect ourselves, but our families and friends, too. Or perhaps it’s a psychological need to understand why our (those who’ve been assaulted) attacks happened from the evil criminal minds themselves. I don’t know. I wish so badly AA hadn’t ever even been born. All jmo.

As of today, Investigators would have significant history from AA's phone/gps or at least enough to account for his activity from June 17 to date of arrest.

I believe if AA had made a trip to Logan Canyon prior to June 25 , LE would have also determined this already.

Seems clear that evidence placed AA in Logan Canyon on June 25 where ML's remains were located, and they recovered her from this location on July 3.

MOO
Yes, so the question is, where was her body in the meantime? Where did he keep it for 8 days? Was it in the burn site all that time and he decided to move the rest once he knew LE suspected him? Or did he put it somewhere else?

Tuesday must have been an incredibly busy day for AA.

A presser by police chief and ML's last known hours at SLC airport were broadcast to the world the day before. Investigators knew that AA was the last person that ML had phone contact with before her phone powered off.

AA talked with investigators long enough to know they would soon verify everything he said was a lie!

Then he had to uncover ML's remains from his residence, transport, and rebury ML some 90 miles away, and drive back home to SLC.

At some point, he also researched criminal defense lawyers since he made contact with at least one lawyer on Tuesday evening (per his Venmo account).

And he was bright eyed around noon on Wednesday to accept search warrant on his residence.

Whew....

MOO

AA really believes he's the smartest guy in the room (as with most predators)....

Due to LE obtaining all the evidence, after AA's lies, I would love to see the look on this Creep's face, when he was informed the body had been located, due to his stupidity.
In the Presser, last Friday, the DA had stated, they located the body, due to 'evidence'.
So creepy AA was not yet aware that his many, horrid actions had been discovered.
So 'NO PLEA' deal, (TOO LATE) as AA has nothing to offer.
Now for the Death Penalty.
MOO.

Yes, that was mine and as I said - not married to the idea, just can't rule it out. I definitely think she was restrained somehow and he didn't have time to use zip ties or rope and get to his house by 3:07. I think it's possible that the trunk could have been the "restraint." MOO
IIRC, the Lyft driver didn't see her get into the car, but drove off immediately. Perhaps ML was putting her luggage in AA's truck, he got out of the car and zipped tied her from behind as she was busy loading the trunk. In that same motion, he got control of her phone.

He could've put her in the trunk or the car at that point. Who would see her in the car at 3am on the road? The 3am time sure worked out nicely for him.

jmo

Okay - that makes more sense.

So a really rough timeline:

Mon, Jun 17 ML last seen 3am in park by Lyft driver
Thur, Jun 20:ML reported missing
Fri, Jun 21: Guest checks in his AirBNB
Date? LE releases photos of ML at airport
Date? LE announces they know who ML texted last and that person is cooperating
Tue, Jun 25: AA goes to Logan Canyon
Wed, Jun 26: Search warrant executed at AA's residence

Please correct/fill-in! I'm really surprised he moved the body days after the fire. Really didn't expect that.

jmo
Mon Jun 24, 7.33 am: Source CBS : ML's father tells KUTV that they are working on getting a subpoena for her phone records
Tue Jun 25, 12.40 pm: Source Fox13 : LE has obtained a warrant for her phone records and is expecting to get them for her bank and social media accounts.
Tue Jun 25, 12.59pm: LE releases photos of ML at airport

some cases have gone to trial without cell or digital info because the companies actually refused a judge's order.
I just realized this past week that companies sometimes refuse judge orders. That amazes me. I’m big time into the right to privacy, and as a libertarian worker, I use the platform to press that home. HOWEVER, going against a subpoena should be just as punishable towards the denying company as it is to a private citizen who refuses. This isn’t about the government: it’s literally about saving lives. I appreciate my privacy being protected, but I wish there was an “opt in” option you could sign for that would lead to your cell/phone company releasing that info to LE in a potentially criminal case. It bugs me to think I could be all disappeared and AT&T or Apple either one would refuse to hand my records over. I know it wouldn’t have helped protect or save KL’s life, but there are others it could. jmo

You have a good point about why the details of the texts aren’t being given out. What I find so annoying is that anyone could bring themselves to judge her for any reason she met him at 3am in the park. I understand it’s human to judge, but after reading/hearing the details: I find it hard to stomach that people could be mean about it. The only reason I’d like to know is because it’s so puzzling. We can hypothesize, but none of us really knows. It’s curiosity, but maybe more so for those of us on WS who see so many cases and want so badly to understand as much of the details as is possible. As the survivor of a brutal assault/rape, I think I’m constantly trying to find all the small “signs” that could keep me safer. In the end, it’s futile at best, I know. There’s zero indicators as to why my attack happened, nothing that would have tipped anyone off. I had a basic gut instinct to stay home. I was young and carefree, so I ignored it. Where that instinct even came from: I don’t know. No idea. I suppose I’d like to know if KL felt the same instinct. Is that instinctual feeling a common denominator in these types of crimes? I think we on WS, and the true crime community as a whole, want so desperately to find any small clues in order to not only protect ourselves, but our families and friends, too. Or perhaps it’s a psychological need to understand why our (those who’ve been assaulted) attacks happened from the evil criminal minds themselves. I don’t know. I wish so badly AA hadn’t ever even been born. All jmo.

I've mentioned Gavin de Becker's book THE GIFT OF FEAR on here before. Read it to understand where that gut instinct comes from. The problem is many of us dismiss it because we don't want to be "mean" or "embarrass" ourselves. One time I went to a friend's engagment party at a restaurant in Beverly Hills by myself. Parked my car a few blocks off the main street because I didn't want to pay for valet parking. I left the restaurant by myself at around 10:00 and was wearing high heels. Walking back to my car on what was now a deserted street away from the lights and traffic, I noticed a man walking behind me about half a block away. We were the only two on the street. I got an uneasy feeling, so I kicked off my heels and ran barefoot to my car, jumped in, and locked the doors. Maybe this guy saw me running and wondered what the heck was the matter with me. I don't know and I didn't care at the time. I had a hinky feeling and I took off. THAT'S the "gift of fear." Listen to it and react accordingly. My guess is that ML DID feel something was amiss; maybe her radar was off due to the funeral and the late hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jdogcatfish