Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #16 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I was busy all day and just now getting here. My understanding is that in his yard was found a bone and piece of scalp with hair and then his phone date led them to the canyon where her body was found, charred, bound, with a hole in her head. Is that correct?

He went to the canyon the day before the SW

ETA He likely knew the jig was up and he moved her from behind his garage to the canyon

They found -buckles ,charred personal belongings in the alley.
I think that’s what was said in the presser.
Did he try to hide those things in someone else’s trash receptacle ? OMG.
I cannot imagine him using his own.

JMO

Pardon if it's been mentioned, but the Lyft driver must be traumatized by this information. Only moments after he dropped her off, her phone was turned off and she was possibly attacked. He was probably still in the vicinity, but had no way of knowing. Apparently ML didn't suspect she was in danger, either. Poor girl. RIP.

AA has left a trail of victims in his wake....ML principally and most tragically, of course.

But there are also her parents.
And siblings.
And friends.
And extended family members.

The Lyft driver is a victim, of both AA and SM.
AA's neighbors are also victims.

The Lyft driver and neighbors are now going to have to testify in court, and go through the singularly unpleasant experience of giving not only their direct testimony, but of being grilled during cross-examination.
They don't deserve to be put through that.

Let's spare a thought for all of AA's victims here.

I've said it before, but it bears repeating:

He's Evil Incarnate.

JMO.

Last edited:
You say “bold,” I’d add “stunningly stupid.”

“I’m going to be the last person to text a missing woman. I’m going to burn her remains in my own backyard, with the neighbors right there. I’m going to lie about knowing her, despite tremendous evidence to the contrary. I’m going to transport her burned body in my trunk, and drive 80 miles with law enforcement already on my tail.”

Genius.

You forgot about him having his phone on and in the vehicle as he drove 80 miles to the body's dump site. :) Super Genius

Gotcha.' Now your comment makes more sense to me.

I agree that she made it alive into the house.

Otherwise, there would be no absolutely no reason for him to have taken her body back there and undertaken that incredibly stupid bonfire attempt...had she been killed in the car, he could have just driven her body directly to the Canyon and buried her then and there.

Clearly, as evidenced by the request AA made of the contractor, he had sick fantasies playing out in his head that involved his house as the locus of his perverse actions.

I think he wanted to act out as much of his perverse fantasy as he could.
In order to do that, he needed to get ML into his house, not just his car.
He would have had both more control and more time in his house.

I still think there's a strong possibility that ML entered his house willingly, but that the moment they entered, the monster took off his mask.

JMO.
What reason do you think he gave her for meeting at the park if she went to his house willingly, especially once she saw that the house was closer to the airport and in the airport direction?

Like probably many, I am not caught up, just reading. I am well aware though, watched the entire PC live, etc. Where is the trunk thought coming from? So the Lyft driver bugged out in seconds, and AA shut her phone off, zip tied her right there and stuffed her in the trunk? She was texting AA, coming into the park at like 2:58, phone shut off simultaneously at I think 2:59 but not before both phones ping there together, all within seconds basically for time... I have not even allowed for getting her luggage out... I mean for that to be true he must be super speedy or the Lyft driver saw more than we know...

Not surprisingly, pages moving fast so this will fall where it may. Didn't Venmo also show transactions that were mutual friends of he and her?

She was not killed in his car imo.

Still catching up...

The trunk scenario is some posters' speculation only.

Interesting theory, are you saying maybe she was out there before the 25th but he didn't have his phone and wasn't tracked, and that he went BACK on the 25th to make sure she was covered or buried or whatever the case may be?
I think that since he took his phone on the 25th, if he had been to the Canyon earlier he would have taken his phone then as well. I don't think he was smart enough to leave his phone at home a potential first time. He probably needed it for directions.

The talk about BNB...
I thought it wasn't booked until the day the house was being searched and the renter showed up to all the commotion?

It had been booked before—earlier in June, and before that. There was a gap in booking, around the time of ML’s disappearance. I’ve wondered if AA blocked off that time deliberately—which might point to preplanning—or if it was just a random lack of bookings, or a cancellation. LE should be able to find out.

Otherwise, there would be no absolutely no reason for him to have taken her body back there and undertaken that incredibly stupid bonfire attempt...had she been killed in the car, he could have just driven her body directly to the Canyon and buried her then and there.

Clearly, as evidenced by the request AA made of the contractor, he had sick fantasies playing out in his head that involved his house as the locus.

I still think there's a strong possibility that ML entered his house willingly, but that the moment they went inside, the monster took off his mask.

JMO.
I agree. There was something specific he wanted to do at the house. Everything centers on getting her to the house, imo.

Speculation.

jmo

So, I was busy all day and just now getting here. My understanding is that in his yard was found a bone and piece of scalp with hair and then his phone date led them to the canyon where her body was found, charred, bound, with a hole in her head. Is that correct?
Yes, and also they found scarred muscular tissue at the burn site.

It had been booked before—earlier in June, and before that. There was a gap in booking, around the time of ML’s disappearance. I’ve wondered if AA blocked off that time deliberately—which might point to preplanning—or if it was just a random lack of bookings, or a cancellation. LE should be able to find out.
I also wondered if he was conveniently without any guests at that time.

Interesting theory, are you saying maybe she was out there before the 25th but he didn't have his phone and wasn't tracked, and that he went BACK on the 25th to make sure she was covered or buried or whatever the case may be?
If he took his phone with him on the supposed second trip then I think he’d also have had it the first trip. As only one trip was mentioned during today’s formal charges I feel that there was only one trip.

He went to the canyon the day before the SW

ETA He likely knew the jig was up and he moved her from behind his garage to the canyon

So bold of him to drive over 80 miles with a body in his car when he was just questioned regarding her disappearance. Really gives you an idea of his ego. JMO

Tuesday must have been an incredibly busy day for AA.

A presser by police chief and ML's last known hours at SLC airport were broadcast to the world the day before. Investigators knew that AA was the last person that ML had phone contact with before her phone powered off.

AA talked with investigators long enough to know they would soon verify everything he said was a lie!

Then he had to uncover ML's remains from his residence, transport, and rebury ML some 90 miles away, and drive back home to SLC.

At some point, he also researched criminal defense lawyers since he made contact with at least one lawyer on Tuesday evening (per his Venmo account).

And he was bright eyed around noon on Wednesday to accept search warrant on his residence.

Whew....

MOO

AA really believes he's the smartest guy in the room (as with most predators)....

It could be that he was sitting at home alone with his fantasies and starting surfing the net for a victim that night - and found ML.

In fact, that's what I think happened. I know I'm in the minority, but I still think they met online that day, before her flight. (I also think LE knows when the met previously online and eventually we'll know for sure.)

jmo

What reason do you think he gave her for meeting at the park if she went to his house willingly, especially once she saw that the house was closer to the airport and in the airport direction?

I think he could have concocted any number of lies to get her to meet him at the park.

As one example, it might have sounded something like this:

"I'm headed back from _______myself now. Let's plan to meet at the park since it will be right on my way home. That way, you don't end up having to sit around in my driveway waiting for me."

JMO.

Last edited:
I have the same questions as you in regard to the timeline. When did AA show up on LE’s radar, and where was Mackenzie at that time?

I've gone through a lot of the press coverage and police press conferences very carefully. My belief is that on Tue June 25th the police served search warrants for the cell phone data and they received that data either late on the 25th or early on the 26th. This would be the first time they were aware of AA. By the early afternoon of Weds June 26th they were in contact with AA who was "cooperating" and by that same night they were serving a search warrant on AA's house. It looks like the entire case broke wide open as soon as they got the cell phone data.

Clearly, as evidenced by the request AA made of the contractor, he had sick fantasies playing out in his head that involved his house as the locus.

I still think there's a strong possibility that ML entered his house willingly, but that the moment they went inside, the monster took off his mask.

JMO.
I don't think she went to his house willingly. The fact that her phone was turned off so soon after they made contact makes me think he overpowered her as soon as she entered the car.
Imo

Yet, he had pictures of her on his phone and they had matched on Tinder. Somehow, that match on Tinder (or perhaps in addition, another site), led to exchanging real phone numbers for texting. Then she texted back and forth with him. She would have seen his picture on Tinder. I find it really hard to believe she didn't know who she was meeting.

It's the why of the meeting that's curious. My own current guess is that he was doing webcam stuff at his house, perhaps posing as a producer of same. She may have been wanting a tidy webcam space to do some online convo with someone from one of her other web connections. She had been off line, so to speak, from that world for a few days while home in LA.

AA came across to people as a "nice guy" and he got many women to come to his house (according to previous roommates) probably by being affable or charming or both.

It's true he may have looked very different than his Tinder profile pics, though.

He could also have insisted that his own phone was off (for privacy) and hers had to be too, by grabbing it and turning it off. At that point, the car was already in motion and he changed the subject. I think a lot more will come out at trial and I do believe they will try him.

There is still a lot we don't know including how AA obtained ML's phone number nor do we know the nature of their texts. The one thing we do know is that AA didn't want ML coming directly to his house. The only reason for meeting in the park is because he intended to kill her and ML was too young and naive to understand the danger.

JMO

Okay - that makes more sense.
Please correct/fill-in! I'm really surprised he moved the body days after the fire. Really didn't expect that.
jmo

Jmo, these are the dates you asked for:

Tue, Jun 25: LE releases photos of ML at airport
Wed, Jun 26: LE announces they know who ML texted last and that person is cooperating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member