Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #16 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so with this new information I have two thoughts.
1. crime of passion...maybe thought they were something more than they were, maybe she ended things with him during the text message exchanges she gets in car he hits her, she dies and he panics
2. She knew something she wasn't supposed to know. Some secret he was afraid of getting out ( can't even begin to speculate what) and he lured her for the purpose of killing her.

Thoughts guys?
I don't think there's a chance in heck that she'd ever met him in person before. I think it's simple. He tricked her into meeting him there - how, I don't know. We could speculate about that until the cows come home. IMO, he then restrained her, powered down her phone, and took her to his home for his pleasure. Finally, I hope he suffers a long, slow, painful, and tortuous death. :mad: MOO

So while I'm still trying to put all the pieces together, I'm thinking maybe he thought he would be able to burn her whole body and so he tried. But given that his neighbors were complaining maybe he gave up trying to do the whole thing because he realized it would take longer than he planned so he gave up on trying to burn her completely? Or maybe he tried burning only one part and realized how long it would take and decided not to do the rest? I agree, it is strange to think that he burned her but the zip ties and rope were still in tact as well as her arms (assuming so since they said they were bound) at the least.

I think if the body was on it's back with arms underneath, then it would be possible for the ties and arms to escape burning.

Ok, must have missed that LE were aware on the 25th that he went to the canyon on the 25th. LE only recovered her body from Logan Canyon on July 3 (I think that was the day), so I thought that meant that they had been waiting on information from his cell phone provider to get the location data from his phone, to lead them to Logan Canyon.

I would think that requests in a fresh homicide mandate an IMMEDIATE response from cell tower user/cell provider.

Well, he was interviewed several days before he moved the body so chances are he got worried and decided to hide the rest of her remains after LE questioned him about the text messages. Imo

Wasn’t he interviewed for the first time the morning of the 25th? And then his phone pinged near Logan Canyon a few hours later? The 25th was Tuesday—hadn’t they just gotten the warrants that led them to him on Monday?

Last edited:
I've got a question hopefully you all more familiar with LE and all these processes might be able to answer. Would they be able to determine and if so would they share/(or have it come out during the trial) her time of death?
I don't think so, at least not from the autopsy. If they can figure out at what point the blow to the head was delivered they might have an approximate time, but not an exact time of death.
It may have been some time between 3:00 am and maybe 9:00 am, if she was dead when he bought the gas can. Imo

I am curious about the kidnapping charge, as LE hadn't found her body yet to know she was bound. Makes my mind go back to the movie or film angle. This is all so confusing. Once one dot connects the other doesn't. Although I guess crimes like this will never make sense to me. RIP Kenzie so many thoughts of comfort to your family and friends.

To be fair the USA produces a lot of sick killers. I don't think ethnicity plays a big part here. It is the individual person, who when seeing themselves starting to slip into self righteous thinking and violence doesn't right their ship.
Yes, there are many disgusting human beings here ,but the truth is he got $30,000 to get a free education as a foreign student here. BUT , he lied and lied and never fulfilled his student commitment. He obviously wasn’t the type of individual in good standing that deserved this privilege.
He should have been tracked and made sure he was a full time student and in good standing .He was even caught stealing an ipad on campus and banned from USU!The school should have reported him then instead of turning a blind eye.
There are many foreign individuals who deserve to get education and become wonderful contributing citizens.
With this guy it was apparent early on that he was a liar and criminal and was NOT fulfilling his student visa requirements.
It’s obviously always a case by case situation and this is a perfect example of a person who slipped through the cracks early on but should have been sent back to his country . ML (and possibly others) would still be alive. IMO

I've got a question hopefully you all more familiar with LE and all these processes might be able to answer. Would they be able to determine and if so would they share/(or have it come out during the trial) her time of death?

My sincere condolences for your loss, yellowmoose.

Regarding your question, it's hard to say. Sometimes the medical examiner/coroner is able to determine a specific time of death, sometimes they can determine a range of time that they believe the evidence supports for death to have occurred, other times they're not able to determine a definite time of death. MOO.

ETA: rackin frackin autocorrect

Sometimes they use insects as a means of ID ing time of death. I know euk. Maggots, at what stage in life cycle, have been used. I’m pretty sure that the body itself goes through various stages. From rigor mortis, then maybe blood coagulation time line in various organs. Not a autopsy person. I’m pretty sure that there are MANY ways to estimate time of death. And they would take into account days, locations, charred remains etc. carbon dating the corpse or whatever they use today to date antiquity finds.

What a disgusting and sick individual! I’m so sad for KL and her family . In my eyes he scammed the immigration system and shouldn’t have become a citizen .
He is an animal who comes from a country where torture, burning & murder are part of their culture.
He is a brutal human being who took the life of a young woman and shows NO remorse ! Didn’t someone say he was even cutting his lawn one day -just going about his everyday business!

Another example of how our US loopholes for non citizens are turning into tragedy for innocent Americans.
He never went to school here and should have been deported ! If so , ML would be alive .
Sad day once again .
Nigeria is not a country where torture, burning and murder are part of the culture. If you want to find a country where murder is "part of the culture" then please look at actual data. Do murders and torture happen in Nigeria? Yes. And there are many countries where murder is more common, per capita, than in Nigeria. Actual data: Nigeria: 9.85 murders per 100,000; United States: 5.35; Canada 1.58, Russia: 10.82. Very high rates of murder are found often in Caribbean, South American and Central American nations: for example: Brazil: 29.53, Honduras: 56.52, Venezuela: 56.33; Virgin Islands: 49.26. The global average is 7.6, while the average for Africa is 12.5 while the Americas (North and South together) average the highest: 16.3.

Among African countries, South Africa (33.97) and the Congo (19.76) have far higher rates than Nigeria. Please refrain from making generalizations about whole countries. Some are more dangerous than others, but both US and Nigeria are within the average range.

This case is not an example of immigration loopholes, it's an example of one aberrant human being. It's got nothing to do with his country, race, or anything else. He's just a garden variety sociopath.

My sincere condolences for your loss, yellowmoose.

Regarding your question, it's hard to say. Sometimes the medical examiner/coroner is able to determine a specific time of death, sometimes they can determine a range of time that they believe the evidence supports for death to have occurred, other times they're not able to determine a definite time of death. MOO.

ETA: rackin frackin autocorrect
We have speculated if she wore a fitbit or a smart watch? That may help narrow down the heart rate - I've read this in other cases.

Charred body of slain college student was bound in shallow grave
[...]

Her charred remains were found on July 3 in Logan Canyon, Gill said. Ajayi's phone was near Logan Canyon on June 25, Gill said.

Lueck's remains were discovered in a shallow grave in a wooded area with her arms bound behind her back by a zip tie and rope, Gill said.

A hole was found on her skull with part of her scalp missing, Gill said. An autopsy determined she suffered blunt force trauma to her head, Gill said.

[...]

Lueck's last text to Ajayi was at 2:58 a.m.; her phone was turned off at 2:59 a.m. and never powered back on, the district attorney said.

Ajayi's phone was back at his home at 3:07 a.m., Gil said.

[...]

A freshly dug site was found by Ajayi's garage. It was there that police found a human bone, part of a scalp with hair, a phone and charred personal items, Gill said.

[...]

A gasoline can was found in the trunk of his car, Gill said.

Ajayi's first court appearance will likely be this week, Gill said.
The hole in the head reminds me of the mcstay family all had their skulls smashed in with a sledgehammer.

A sledgehammer would cause a hole in the skull. This must have been a bloody mess with lots of blood splatter to do that kind of damage unless he covered her head first or outside in his backyard then he watered and all the blood soaked into the soil.

Chris Watts was sober when he strangled his wife, put his daughters in his truck with their feet resting on their mothers dead body, then suffocated his two young children and stuffed them down an oil tank.
You can be sober. These people (sociopaths, narcissists, etc.) aren't like you and me. They are wired very differently and simply don't feel much for anyone (except themselves).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ricardo55