Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #16 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see what you're saying, but I do think the zip ties are a clear indication that she wasn't killed in the vehicle right away.

If she was dead before they left the parking lot, he didn't need any zip ties to keep her restrained. So, in that sense, it does extend the amount of time she was living past the time they were in that parking lot.

I've never believed he killed her in the car, though, so there's that.
I don't think it fits with the sort of sexually sadistic scenario he had in mind.

Given the fact that he was in that parking lot at 3:00 and home by 3:07, though, I do think it's more likely that she was bound once he got her to his house vs. when she got in his car.

JMO.
The context of my comment about “extending the time,” was in relation to that time period being a day or so.

She was restrained for a reason, and that reason wasn’t to kill her instantly.

I’m convinced she made it into that house alive, and was likely dead by the time the first fire began.

SABBM:

"Garden variety?" Nah. Respectfully disagree.

There are lots of sociopaths in the world.

Fortunately, the vast majority of them aren't bludgeoning people to death and then burning their bodies.

There's nothing "garden variety" about this cretin's sociopathy.

This creep gives sociopaths a bad name.

JMO.
The point I was making it this has nothing to do with his nationality, so it's taken out of context (literally) and you are right--he isn't statistically "garden variety" but a small subsample of sociopaths who murder. Thankfully, I guess, considering the stats show 1 to 3 in 100 are sociopaths.

I wonder if the phone going off could have happened at the same time as the blow to the head. Maybe she had it to her ear and maybe she was trying to call for help. She may have realized immediately this was not what she had expected or even who she was expecting.
Wow! This is a very good possibility. It would account for a couple tricky questions. Thought he was someone else, got in car freaked called for help got hit he didn't know the extent bring her back to his house bound her just in case she wakes up or comes too.. begins cover up process somewhere in the midst realizes she has died from the original injury...what was intended to be maybe a rape becomes a murder. I could see it good thinking all IMO

The context of my comment about “extending the time,” was in relation to that time period being a day or so.

She was restrained for a reason, and that reason wasn’t to kill her instantly.

I’m convinced she made it into that house alive, and was likely dead by the time the first fire began.

Agreed I think he took her to the basement and that’s why he needed to get rid of the mattress imo

No matter how it happened, or why it happened I find it absolutely heartbreaking that so much emphasis has been put on the SD/SB lifestyle she lived that its tarnished her legacy and is probably something her family would rather not continue to hear about. Especially when it really seems that it had absolutely nothing to do with this beautiful young ladies death.

I wonder if the phone going off could have happened at the same time as the blow to the head. Maybe she had it to her ear and maybe she was trying to call for help. She may have realized immediately this was not what she had expected or even who she was expecting.

Yet, he had pictures of her on his phone and they had matched on Tinder. Somehow, that match on Tinder (or perhaps in addition, another site), led to exchanging real phone numbers for texting. Then she texted back and forth with him. She would have seen his picture on Tinder. I find it really hard to believe she didn't know who she was meeting.

It's the why of the meeting that's curious. My own current guess is that he was doing webcam stuff at his house, perhaps posing as a producer of same. She may have been wanting a tidy webcam space to do some online convo with someone from one of her other web connections. She had been off line, so to speak, from that world for a few days while home in LA.

AA came across to people as a "nice guy" and he got many women to come to his house (according to previous roommates) probably by being affable or charming or both.

It's true he may have looked very different than his Tinder profile pics, though.

He could also have insisted that his own phone was off (for privacy) and hers had to be too, by grabbing it and turning it off. At that point, the car was already in motion and he changed the subject. I think a lot more will come out at trial and I do believe they will try him.

((group hug)) Just catching up with today's news.

A couple of questions as I'm trying to keep his timeline straight (PommyMommy posted a great timeline upthread, but I still have questions).

* Did LE serve the first warrant on his house BEFORE his phone pinged in Logan Canyon? If so, that means her body was at the residence while they searched. Or, it was elsewhere?

* If his AirBNB guest checked in on Friday, and AA went to Logan County the following Tuesday, that means the body was in the yard while the guest was there?

* When did LE search his car?

I just have a strange feeling that ML was not buried in the backyard after the fire. Wouldn't have LE have found her - they did dig holes in the yard as we saw in photos.

Was he keeping her body somewhere else? Truck? Hidden room?

I could be way off base and missing info. Clue me in, if I am!

tia and jmo

Edited for clarity

Last edited:
No matter how it happened, or why it happened I find it absolutely heartbreaking that so much emphasis has been put on the SD/SB lifestyle she lived that its tarnished her legacy and is probably something her family would rather not continue to hear about. Especially when it really seems that it had absolutely nothing to do with this beautiful young ladies death.

The media sensationalized it, and social media fanned those flames.

That was wrong.

That being said, it’s entirely possible that he did lure her that way, perhaps under the guise of being a wealthy SD.

The nature of their relationship is an important unanswered question.

Why was she meeting with him?

For me, it's because it happened SO fast. Last text at 2:58, Lyft arrival at 2:59, phone off at 2:59, so really seconds after her arrival at the park, not even a minute.

AA had ammo (and weapons?) in the house so I think there is a good chance he would own a taser.

This would have incapacitated ML immediately and allowed him time to get her home where he zip tied her.

I agree with the posters stating there would be some sort of spatter in the car if he delivered her fatal blow there. MOO

Last edited:

A couple of questions and I'm trying to keep his timeline straight (PommyMommy posted a great timeline upthread, but I still have questions).

* Did LE serve the first warrant on his house BEFORE his phone pinged in Logan Canyon? If so, that means her body was there while they searched. Or, it was elsewhere?

* If his AirBNB guest checked in on Friday, and AA went to Logan County the following Tuesday, that means the body was in the yard while the guest was there?

I just have a strange feeling that ML was not buried in the backyard after the fire. Wouldn't have LE have found her - they did dig holes in the yard as we saw in photos.

tia and jmo
I have the same questions as you in regard to the timeline. When did AA show up on LE’s radar, and where was Mackenzie at that time?

The media sensationalized it, and social media fanned those flames.

That was wrong.

That being said, it’s entirely possible that he did lure her that way, perhaps under the guise of being a wealthy SD.

The nature of their relationship is an important unanswered question.

No doubt. It is probably one of the most important ones.

A couple of questions and I'm trying to keep his timeline straight (PommyMommy posted a great timeline upthread, but I still have questions).

* Did LE serve the first warrant on his house BEFORE his phone pinged in Logan Canyon? If so, that means her body was there while they searched. Or, it was elsewhere?

tia and jmo

He went to the canyon the day before the SW

ETA He likely knew the jig was up and he moved her from behind his garage to the canyon

For me, it's because it happened SO fast. Last text at 2:58, Lyft arrival at 2:59, phone off at 2:59, so really seconds after her arrival at the park, not even a minute.

Pardon if it's been mentioned, but the Lyft driver must be traumatized by this information. Only moments after he dropped her off, her phone was turned off and she was possibly attacked. He was probably still in the vicinity, but had no way of knowing. Apparently ML didn't suspect she was in danger, either. Poor girl. RIP.

A couple of questions as I'm trying to keep his timeline straight (PommyMommy posted a great timeline upthread, but I still have questions).

* Did LE serve the first warrant on his house BEFORE his phone pinged in Logan Canyon? If so, that means her body was at the residence while they searched. Or, it was elsewhere?

tia and jmo
I’m wondering if there were two trips to Logan Canyon, and the LE tracked him on the second?

AA had ammo (and weapons?) in the house so I think there is a good chance he would own a taser. This would have incapacitated ML immediately and allowed him time to get her home where he zip tied her. I agree with the posters stating there would be some sort of spatter in the car if he delivered her fatal blow there. MOO
As well as in the home. That is why I wondered if there was blood found there.

He went to the canyon the day before the SW

ETA He likely knew the jig was up and he moved her from behind his garage to the canyon
Okay - that makes more sense.

So a really rough timeline:

Mon, Jun 17 ML last seen 3am in park by Lyft driver
Thur, Jun 20:ML reported missing
Fri, Jun 21: Guest checks in his AirBNB
Date? LE releases photos of ML at airport
Date? LE announces they know who ML texted last and that person is cooperating
Tue, Jun 25: AA goes to Logan Canyon
Wed, Jun 26: Search warrant executed at AA's residence

Please correct/fill-in! I'm really surprised he moved the body days after the fire. Really didn't expect that.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member