Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #17 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bringing my post over from the other thread bc I think it's important.

HOLD UP. Got to point something out. I don't think they met for sex guys. One thing to remember is that they got this asshat on an aggravating kidnapping charge before they even found her body. There must be something in the text messages that indicates she didn't go with him willingly or maybe even something that indicates she thought she was meeting him for a different reason, maybe even possibly threatened. I was looking up what Aggravating Kidnapping means and this came up on Google:
Aggravated kidnapping is kidnapping accompanied by serious bodily injury to the victim, or a ransom demanded, or carjacking, or fraud, force or fear upon a victim under age 14. Make no mistake about it: both kidnapping and aggravated kidnappingare serious crimes with huge punishment if a conviction is reached.

I can't help but wonder if he was stalking her online and maybe feared her into meeting up with him. Even @yellowmoose said back when this all started she couldn't see Kenzie meeting him willingly. Something must have made her go there for them to get him on that kidnapping charge.

"13. 2014 - AA was investigated by North Park UT police for the rape of an adult woman"

(From above)

I think that "investigated" is a very forgiving term for taking a report from an alleged victim at an ER.

Nope. More than that. He was contacted. Interviewed. Then she decided to not continue by pressing charges. Decided wanted it just to be on the record in case he did it again. All over msm.

HOLD UP. Got to point something out. I don't think they met for sex guys. One thing to remember is that they got this asshat on an aggravating kidnapping charge before they even found her body. There must be something in the text messages that indicates she didn't go with him willingly or maybe even something that indicates she thought she was meeting him for a different reason, maybe even possibly threatened. I was looking up what Aggravating Kidnapping means and this came up on Google:

I can't help but wonder if he was stalking her online and maybe feared her into meeting up with him. Even @yellowmoose said back when this all started she couldn't see Kenzie meeting him willingly. Something must have made her go there for them to get him on that kidnapping charge.

True, he may have gotten angry and threatened her.

Under state law found at Utah Code § 76-5-301, a person can be charged with kidnapping for:
  • Detaining or restraining a person against their will:
    • For a “substantial” amount of time.
    • For any amount of time, if there is a risk the victim will be seriously injured.
“Detaining” means keeping someone in a location against their will. “Restraining” means interfering with the person’s ability to move freely.

Kidnapping charges become aggravated when the defendant commits kidnapping andadditional elements are present – for example, using a weapon or acting with intent to commit a sex crime (e.g. rape, aggravated sexual assault).

Utah Kidnapping (Code 76-5-301) Defense Attorneys

Or she just turned it off since she shouldn't need it anymore that night now that she'd reached her destination for the time being?

(So she thought) (Horrid monster he is)

@DD8 I don’t feel confident that it’s the explanation, but it feels very plausible to me. She thinks she’s reached her destination, she’s safe, no need to be bothered by her phone. :mad::mad::mad: And the timeframe is very short—less than a minute.

(I know that lots of people say that no one ever ever turns off their phone, but I don’t believe it.)

An afterthought. Do we have any reason to believe that AA knows people can be tracked by their phones? He certainly doesn’t turn his own phone off when he goes home from the park. He leaves his phone on when he takes her body to bury in Logan Canyon. He does burn her phone in his back yard—but that might just have been a by-product of burning her purse.

Probably not threat bc driver apparently said that she went over to AA and seemed pleased or happy. Anyway not upset. Msm.

What a shame the case was not prosecuted. He would likely be in prison and ML still alive.

I am not sure that case could have been taken to a guilty verdict, or any real prison time. If it is the case that I read about earlier, there was some consensual sexual interactions, then she wanted him to stop.

It is really hard to win a case like that because there is so much wiggle room for the defense. JMO

I am not sure that case could have been taken to a guilty verdict, or any real prison time. If it is the case that I read about earlier, there was some consensual sexual interactions, then she wanted him to stop.

It is really hard to win a case like that because there is so much wiggle room for the defense. JMO

I was going to say the same thing. No matter what, he wasn’t serving any significant time.

Not for a first time offense (in court), and not with the type of leeway afforded to the defense in a case of that nature.

He said, she said. Obviously, I believe her account though.

As much as I hate “liking” that post because rape is awful, I must agree with the content.

I know of at least one case with an underage victim which was completely non-consensual AND the underwear with evidence were provided and the prosecutor didn’t bring charges. I don’t want to go into more detail for risk of derailing the thread, but can’t help but agree whole-heartedly.

I think she’d have to be crazy to be ‘feared into meeting up with him.’ However, I’ve wondered if he could have guilted her into meeting him, against her better judgement. There’s a couple of ways he could have played on her sympathy and desire to be broad-minded.

But, I think that’s quite unlikely.

I can understand where you are coming from. It seems like common sense for many adults. But I think that for many girls, especially sheltered girls, it takes a few painful doses of "harsh reality" - of men trying to take advantage of them for them to realize that. In general, men and women don't think alike. For some women, spontaneous breakfast at 3 am and talking for a few hours might seem fun and romantic. Until they learn from experience. Kenzie didn't get that chance to learn because he brutally murdered her.

What was different in this case was a long trip home for the funerals. After that, most people would be tired. So I don't believe ML meet AA for an idle talk. It is unusual to meet a person you don't know at all in a park at 3am, though. So I believe they did meet before.

Nope. More than that. He was contacted. Interviewed. Then she decided to not continue by pressing charges. Decided wanted it just to be on the record in case he did it again. All over msm.
I was going to say the same thing. No matter what, he wasn’t serving any significant time.

Not for a first time offense (in court), and not with the type of leeway afforded to the defense in a case of that nature.

He said, she said. Obviously, I believe her account though.

Thank you. Unfortunately, we don't know what actually happened or why she chose not to press charges. But in general, pressing charges can be long and drawn out. It can be detrimental to the survivor with poor likelyhood of good results. Maybe she didn't think he would actually hurt anyone else. Maybe quotes from her are actually replies to police questions that are out of context.

No matter what, it is not fair to blame someone who was assaulted by a murderer for his actions.

Last edited:
I can understand where you are coming from. It seems like common sense for many adults. But I think that for many girls, especially sheltered girls, it takes a few painful doses of "harsh reality" - of men trying to take advantage of them for them to realize that. In general, men and women don't think alike. For some women, spontaneous breakfast at 3 am and talking for a few hours might seem fun and romantic. Until they learn from experience. Kenzie didn't get that chance to learn because he brutally murdered her.

BBM:

ML was an adult, not a girl.

She was 23 years old, not 13.

Most 23-year old adults of both genders have a fairly good understanding of why they call it "the opposite" sex.

I credit ML with having the intelligence to understand the male-female dynamic.

I don't think her expectation in meeting him at 3 am in that parking lot was tea and talk.

Never in her worst imaginings was it what happened to her, either.

This was an evil act, perpetrated by an evil creature, upon a woman who did nothing to deserve it.

This wasn't about "gender differences."

This was about predator and prey.

JMO.

*Edited to correct syntax.

Last edited:
What was different in this case was a long trip home for the funerals. After that, most people would be tired. So I don't believe ML meet AA for an idle talk. It is unusual to meet a person you don't know at all in a park at 3am, though. So I believe they did meet before.

They may have met before but I don't believe ML was aware of his real identity. Lauren McCluskey was killed by her former boyfriend. She cut-off the relationship after she learned his real identity. That case was featured on Dateline just a week prior to ML's abduction.

JMO

Does anyone know how long it should take to drive from the park to his house at 3AM? He arrived in 8 minutes from Lyft dropoff. This seems pretty fast to me, if he attacked her in a premeditated manner in the car. Not enough time for a struggle. Also, if he attacked her in the car, I would think he would have gone straight to dispose of the body, not to his house right off. This leads me to believe she made it to the house. I also believe AA's ultimate purpose and goal with ML was sex and control. Under his terms. In his house.

I do think somewhere along the way, ML rejected him. At the house. Or even during the car ride. Maybe she asked to get out of the car and things went down from there. ML may have gotten the vibe that AA was not who he was pretending to be and that she was in danger. This was not part of AA's plan, and he snapped. Maybe she ran and tried to escape from the house. And she made it to the door trying to get out and that's why they are examining the doors?

Given his profile, I bet AA has always considered killing in the back of his mind, if he doesn't get what he wants. I wouldn't be surprised if he routinely went to his dates/encounters ready to kill if he needs to. Another woman reported that he insisted first on picking her up. When she refused, he insisted they meet in a public parking lot and then get into his car to go on the date. When she refused, he lost his sh** verbally. I believe this is why he met ML at the park. This is what AA does to maintain the power and control he wants. He intentionally tries to look "safe" by suggesting a "public" meeting place. The woman will have no car at his house and can't escape/just leave on her own terms.

Perhaps he routinely carried items in the car he would need to attack if the moment presented himself. If he didn't purchase the zip ties after he killed her, (we only heard about a gas can), we know he had quick access to zip ties in his home. Therefore, AA may only comfortable in his house and in his car. No way he was going to have another rape accusation if a woman refused his advances.

R.I.P. Mackenzie.

All pure speculation on my part.

I think it is possible that KL had met AA before. I think it is very possible that she was not afraid of him because they had met previously. Their arrangement may have included things like submission--hence, meet me at the park because that is what I want, turning off the phone immediately and possibly even handcuffing as part of the encounter. It may have turned deadly after the encounter at the house. If he had her tied up, he could have gone to get a weapon with no issue even if he was in a rage or part of the plan to kill her.

No judgment from me on any action she took. She clearly did not agree to be butchered by this monster.

In the last thread, @Inthedetails wrote (and I totally agree with this):
"No matter where any of us fall on the spectrum of "judging/not judging SB/SD," I bet we all agree that even if it's wrong, the punishment should not be to be tied up, hit over the head, burned, and buried."

It is important to remember that as we look at this crime we can easily err on the side of blaming. ML erred in being to trusting of a man she was talking with but didn't deserve any of what happened to her.

Does anyone know how long it should take to drive from the park to his house at 3AM? He arrived in 8 minutes from Lyft dropoff. This seems pretty fast to me, if he attacked her in a premeditated manner in the car. Not enough time for a struggle. Also, if he attacked her in the car, I would think he would have gone straight to dispose of the body, not to his house right off. This leads me to believe she made it to the house. I also believe AA's ultimate purpose and goal with ML was sex and control. Under his terms. In his house.

I do think somewhere along the way, ML rejected him. At the house. Or even during the car ride. Maybe she asked to get out of the car and things went down from there. ML may have gotten the vibe that AA was not who he was pretending to be and that she was in danger. This was not part of AA's plan, and he snapped. Maybe she ran and tried to escape from the house. And she made it to the door trying to get out and that's why they are examining the doors?

Given his profile, I bet AA has always considered killing in the back of his mind, if he doesn't get what he wants. I wouldn't be surprised if he routinely went to his dates/encounters ready to kill if he needs to. Another woman reported that he insisted first on picking her up. When she refused, he insisted they meet in a public parking lot and then get into his car to go on the date. When she refused, he lost his sh** verbally. I believe this is why he met ML at the park. This is what AA does to maintain the power and control he wants. He intentionally tries to look "safe" by suggesting a "public" meeting place. The woman will have no car at his house and can't escape/just leave on her own terms.

Perhaps he routinely carried items in the car he would need to attack if the moment presented himself. If he didn't purchase the zip ties after he killed her, (we only heard about a gas can), we know he had quick access to zip ties in his home. Therefore, AA may only comfortable in his house and in his car. No way he was going to have another rape accusation if a woman refused his advances.

R.I.P. Mackenzie.

All pure speculation on my part.

8 minutes is just about exactly the listed time from Hatch Park to his house. Your speculations sound believable to me!

MOO

JUL 1, 2019
Accused of killing MacKenzie Lueck, Ayoola Ajayi was once investigated for rape. Here’s what the police report says.
[...]

According to that report, a woman who worked with him at a financial company in Logan reported to police on Nov. 24, 2014 that Ajayi had non-consensual sex with her while they were at his home. She told police immediately that she did not want charges filed, the report reads, only wanting the incident reported “in case he did the same thing to someone else.”

The woman explained to police who had met her at Cache Valley Hospital that she went over to his home, and they began “doing stuff,” that “one thing led to another” and “she found herself in a compromising position.”

She told him she did not want to continue, she reported to police, but that he had sex with her anyway.

"She kept saying to me that she felt that it was her fault, because she was not assertive enough," an officer wrote in the report. "I explained that all she needed to do was to say no, and that should be enough."

The case gained little traction, however, after the woman didn’t want to go to the police station for a follow-up interview and didn’t want to cooperate with the investigation. Ajayi was never interviewed by officers.

[...]

I’ve linked the above post from our media thread that included the link about the rape. AA was actually never interviewed.

“The case gained little traction, however, after the woman didn’t want to go to the police station for a follow-up interview and didn’t want to cooperate with the investigation. Ajayi was never interviewed by officers.”

I agree that it may not have been an automatic win. While I firmly believe that any person engaged in a sex act can change their mind and withdraw consent at any moment, I know that it would be hard to have a jury be on this page unanimously. I think it would have been very hard to prosecute and the survivor would have faced horrible questioning that would have felt like a violation all over again. In my experience with survivors, I have seen this kind of case be brutal on the survivor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member