Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #17 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is possible that KL had met AA before. I think it is very possible that she was not afraid of him because they had met previously. Their arrangement may have included things like submission--hence, meet me at the park because that is what I want, turning off the phone immediately and possibly even handcuffing as part of the encounter. It may have turned deadly after the encounter at the house. If he had her tied up, he could have gone to get a weapon with no issue even if he was in a rage or part of the plan to kill her.

No judgment from me on any action she took. She clearly did not agree to be butchered by this monster.

In the last thread, @Inthedetails wrote (and I totally agree with this):
"No matter where any of us fall on the spectrum of "judging/not judging SB/SD," I bet we all agree that even if it's wrong, the punishment should not be to be tied up, hit over the head, burned, and buried."

It is important to remember that as we look at this crime we can easily err on the side of blaming. ML erred in being to trusting of a man she was talking with but didn't deserve any of what happened to her.

Good point. I do think it's very possible they had met, but things didn't go the way they had before at some point along the way. Not necessarily right off. The dom/submission aspect makes sense as to why she would turn off her phone, willingly. And if he's dom, he gets to keep his phone on.

Someone in the earlier thread was asking about the mattress and box springs.

From what I recall the mattress was advertised to be given away for free on the Letgo site on either the 23rd or 24th of June. The box spring was advertised to be given away for free on a different site - the Facebook Salt Lake County Marketplace - on the 27th or so.

So both items were given away for free on two separate websites, several days apart. And yet when you look at the pictures in the listings, you can tell they were most likely taken at the same time.

Reference post:

Found Deceased - UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #7

JMO, but it seems clearly an attempt to get rid of evidence.

There was a tweet later on which said that SLCPD was no longer looking for those items, that they'd been located. Maybe someone else can track that down?

Last edited:
What was different in this case was a long trip home for the funerals. After that, most people would be tired. So I don't believe ML meet AA for an idle talk. It is unusual to meet a person you don't know at all in a park at 3am, though. So I believe they did meet before.

Yeah, the very first thing that’s on my mind when I get home from a trip is seeing my dog. Someone who loves her kitty so much she throws him a birthday party (cutest thing ever btw), I’d place good money she probably felt much the same way. Coming off an overnight flight after your grandmas funeral, I’d be more inclined to think she really mostly just wanted to get back to her bed and kitty. It seems to me that she probably was under the (sadly false) impression it was just going to be a short meetup and then she’d be on her way home.

I also think he had probably been grooming her and earning her trust (e.g., having met in the park at night before) and then saw the opportunity of her overnight flight (she’d be tired) plus having just been at her grandmas funeral (emotionally fragile) that would make her particularly vulnerable that night and possibly less likely to put up a fight. MOO.

AA’s History in the US
Updated July 3, 2019

1. Jul 2009 - AA arrived in the US on a student visa
2. Oct 2009 - AA was baptized by LD in Utah
3. 2009 -2016 - USU spokesman said AA was a student there three separate times during this period; he did not declare a major or earn a degree
4. Jun 11, 2011 - AA married TJ in Dallas TX
5. 2011-2012 TJA's baby was born, the marriage was crumbling, and AA told TJA he was going back to Utah. She refused to go with him.
6. 2011 - 2015 - USU said AA had a break in attendance during these years
7. 2011 - 2015 - AA's resume says he studied at London South Bank University
8. 2012 - AA and LD lost communication
9. August 2012 - AA was banned from the USU campus in 2012 after a theft investigation.
10. 2013 - He booked a modeling job with Stars Talent Studio
11. 2013 - 2015 AA lived in the North Logan area from 2013-2015
12. 2014 - AA became a green card holder
13. 2014 - AA was investigated by North Park UT police for the rape of an adult woman
14. 2015 - AA served in the Utah Army National Guard and was discharged in June 2015; he did not complete basic training
15. 2015 - Friend SM met AA in US Army basic training in Fort Jackson, SC
16. 2015 - AA had a website registered to an apt at 429 n 500 e Logan, UT
17. 2016 - AA was evicted from Ridgeview Apts in NSL (apt near Hatch Park)
18. 2016 - AA joined Airbnb as a user
19. 2017 - AA and TJA allegedly separated per divorce papers
20. 2017 - AA received unemployment benefits
21. 2017 - AA played the part of a football player in "Climb to Glory" Army-Navy video
22. 2017 or 2018 (exact date unknown) – AA purchased home at 547 N 1000 W, SLC, UT. [1]
23. Jan – Jul 2018 - Army friend SM moved to UT in Jan and lived downstairs in AA's Airbnb. *Awaiting verification of Venmo pmts Jan through July.
24. Aug 2018 - Book "Forge Identity" published
25. 2018 - AA’s contract with Stars Talent Studio ended after 5 yrs because he didn’t have time; he had a “big boy job.”
26. Sept 2018 - Airbnb review
27. Jan 2019 - AA and TJA divorced – 3rd Judicial District, Salt Lake Co UT
28. April 4, 2019 - AA contacted a contractor to build "unlimited budget" soundproof room with hooks at 7' level on walls. To be built under the porch. Contractor declines.
29. June 28, 2019 - AA arrested by SWAT at the Parkside Condominium complex at 1000 S. West Temple

[1] Per Realtor.com , the home sold on Aug 11, 2017. Per Movato, it was under contract in Jan 2018. Per RedFin, the home sold on Feb 26, 2018.

Thank you for this terrific outline of significant dates in AA's life. Just one detail needs to be corrected. (#14 above) Since AA did not complete basic training, he did not serve in the military. One is not recognized as a veteran or for any service until basic is successfully completed. Thank you!

Quick question. Wasn't able to read all the discussion and only read about the further details hours after the PC, so forgive me if folks have already discussed this on the previous thread.

I noticed in the paperwork that his phone pinged in Logan Canyon on the afternoon of Tuesday, June 25, for 2 hours, and his home was searched the following evening. (I remember that it specifically happened on Wednesday, June 26, because I literally started following the case that morning and by that night there was a search of his home.) Seems she was murdered on June 17th within hours of meeting him.

Did he keep her in the house for days or had he already buried her in Logan Canyon and was only going back to double-check his handiwork?

I strongly suspect that he was initially interviewed by police earlier in the day on Tuesday after they confirmed he was the last to text her and then he immediately bolted for Logan.

Bringing my post over from the other thread bc I think it's important.

HOLD UP. Got to point something out. I don't think they met for sex guys. One thing to remember is that they got this asshat on an aggravating kidnapping charge before they even found her body. There must be something in the text messages that indicates she didn't go with him willingly or maybe even something that indicates she thought she was meeting him for a different reason, maybe even possibly threatened. I was looking up what Aggravating Kidnapping means and this came up on Google:

I can't help but wonder if he was stalking her online and maybe feared her into meeting up with him. Even @yellowmoose said back when this all started she couldn't see Kenzie meeting him willingly. Something must have made her go there for them to get him on that kidnapping charge.

An observation: She got into his car willingly. She allowed the Lyft driver to leave willingly. At some point following, what occurred was against her will.

The term "kidnapping" is fairly broad. It can simply be refusing to untie someone's bound hands or preventing someone from leaving the premises. Even though he may have had intent to keep her from leaving when she got in the car, a crime didn't occur until she was held against her will, which likely did not occur until she was at his residence.

Aggravated kidnapping is bodily harm during the act of holding someone against their will.

And to address the quote you pasted, I don't think for a minute that he harmed her in the car in order to turn off her phone. He had plans.

Also in regard to the wording in the documents about "a person later identified" as AA. I suspect he was probably saved in her phone contacts as AJ--it seems to have been his preferred nickname. So, it would have taken some legwork to determine/confirm who that was. Likewise, they may have just had the phone number, as provided by the phone records, and then would have had to confirm the identity. I don't think it necessarily means he was contacting her with a false name, though I believe he definitely had false pretenses, at least about what he wanted. :(

What was different in this case was a long trip home for the funerals. After that, most people would be tired. So I don't believe ML meet AA for an idle talk. It is unusual to meet a person you don't know at all in a park at 3am, though. So I believe they did meet before.
And if this was the case what a true gentlemen to pick his tired friend up from the airport who just went to her Grandmothers funeral I’m sure very sad but instead allows her to take a ride with a Lyft driver she doesn’t know and only 23 years. What a great guy. Was he the type guy who honked for his girl to come to the car on a date.

Someone in the earlier thread was asking about the mattress and box springs.

From what I recall the mattress was advertised to be given away for free on the Letgo site on either the 23rd or 24th of June. The box spring was advertised to be given away for free on a different site - the Facebook Salt Lake County Marketplace - on the 27th or so.

So both items were given away for free on two separate websites, several days apart. And yet when you look at the pictures in the listings, you can tell they were most likely taken at the same time.

Reference post:

Found Deceased - UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #7

JMO, but it seems clearly an attempt to get rid of evidence.

There was a tweet later on which said that SLCPD was no longer looking for those items, that they'd been located. Maybe someone else can track that down?
Why wouldn’t he give them away as a set for free? Why separate. This guy seriously strange.

Good point. I do think it's very possible they had met, but things didn't go the way they had before at some point along the way. Not necessarily right off. The dom/submission aspect makes sense as to why she would turn off her phone, willingly. And if he's dom, he gets to keep his phone on.

I agree about this meeting being different. I don't think she had fear leaving that Lyft driver. In my opinion, things turned violent at the house after the encounter. As a domineering man, we have heard about anger and volatility but, on the flip side, we have also heard that many young women came to his apartment when he was in college. What we have is a man who was seeking the ultimate control but he was getting older, heavier, not having relationship successes, friends were pulling away---he was not having his successful life in America dream. The power he may have wanted in his sexual encounters was probably one of a few places where he still thought he had control. And, yes, he gets what he wants--his phone, control over where to meet her and when, and how the encounter goes.

Quick question. Wasn't able to read all the discussion and only read about the further details hours after the PC, so forgive me if folks have already discussed this on the previous thread.

I noticed in the paperwork that his phone pinged in Logan Canyon on the afternoon of Tuesday, June 25, for 2 hours, and his home was searched the following evening. (I remember that it specifically happened on Wednesday, June 26, because I literally started following the case that morning and by that night there was a search of his home.) Seems she was murdered on June 17th within hours of meeting him.

Did he keep her in the house for days or had he already buried her in Logan Canyon and was only going back to double-check his handiwork?

I strongly suspect that he was initially interviewed by police earlier in the day on Tuesday after they confirmed he was the last to text her and then he immediately bolted for Logan.
And he was a fool because he led LE to the body.

I’m behind in the previous thread but I wanted to mention my meat tenderizer head is about 2” by 2” and small enough to be possibly concealed, also a 2# sledge is about that size. Not sure which is more likely to be in a house in the city. (Yes, I’m wondering around the house with a tape measure.).

That said, the SB popularity was eye-opening and shocking to me. The SB sites do target college women by offering free memberships if they use their college emails. These emails provide their real identities. Meanwhile the men can participate using any fake i.d. and profile. It's a predator's playground and the young women are too naive to realize it.

JMO

FYI - The email might identify you to the company, but not to other users. You use a username and in-app/site messaging or email-forwarding (like craigslist) and your actual email is hidden. Or at least, this was the case when I was on a few of these sites several years ago (incl. Seeking Arrangement)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem