Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #18 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone mentioned - sorry did catch the poster - & said he wasn't charged with aggravated murder. Here is what he is charged with according to my notes.:

formally charged (7/10/19) with criminal homicide 1st degree felony aggravated murder, 1st degree aggravated kidnapping, 2nd degree desecration of a body & 3rd degree obstruction of justice. Held without bond.
Would it still be considered a kidnapping if she went with him to his house voluntarily and was attacked once in the house? Would that not be false imprisonment but not abduction?

Unless he threatened her with a gun? Was there any blood found in his car? Any indication that she fought back?
LE hasn't said if any evidence was found in the car other than a gas can and a strong smell of gasoline in the car. So, if there was any blood or tissue found in the car, LE isn't saying. Also, they never indicated if AA had any wounds on his body - scratches, bruising - that would tell us a lot about how things went down. We haven't heard though.

LE hasn't said if any evidence was found in the car other than a gas can and a strong smell of gasoline in the car. So, if there was any blood or tissue found in the car, LE isn't saying. Also, they never indicated if AA had any wounds on his body - scratches, bruising - that would tell us a lot about how things went down. We haven't heard though.

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
I’m so glad LE is doing an absolutely fantastic job. Keeping it close to the chest.
If you follow other threads, sometimes LE is less than fantastic.

I'm still inclined to think that the meet up in the park was Plan B and that Plan A was for him to pick her up at the airport and give her a ride home. He had no intention of picking her up in such a public place, so concocted a story in order to switch locations.

When she arrived at the park, he could told her he had to pick up something from his place, thereby luring her there, rather than her going there voluntarily.

I'm still inclined to think that the meet up in the park was Plan B and that Plan A was for him to pick her up at the airport and give her a ride home. He had no intention of picking her up in such a public place, so concocted a story in order to switch locations.

When she arrived at the park, he could told her he had to pick up something from his place, thereby luring her there, rather than her going there voluntarily.
I he had no ill intentions, why didn't he pick her up at the airport? He wasn't married or anything. IMO he wasn't just her ride home. How far from the park did she live? I think it was one of their SB/SD meets.

Yes, I wonder when ML began to think she'd made a mistake or that she was in trouble. She went to the park and got into AA's car willingly and may have even turned off her phone willingly. If she didn't turn off her phone willingly, she must've known immediately she'd made a mistake. Did they mean to stay in the park and chat and/or make out? If so, he must've made up some excuse for starting the car and she may have begun to feel uneasy then. Or did they mean to take a drive to his lavish home in a gated community? If so, she would've begun to feel uneasy when she saw his neighborhood and no gated community. Did they mean to drive to a more populated place for breakfast? (Unlikely or she would've taken the Lyft to that location.) If so, he must've made up an excuse to stop at home first and maybe she started feeling uneasy then or when they got to his place and he invited her in. Did they always mean to go straight to his house from the park? If so, she wouldn't have felt any sense of alarm going to his home and walking into his house willingly. Again, if that were the case, why didn't she just take a Lyft to his house? (I know why he wouldn't want that, but what reason did he give her?) Did they mean to hang out at his home, chat and/or make out? Then she would've felt comfortable until the time he demanded more or started to get weird/kinky. Unless he had a gun pointed at her, I find it hard to believe she'd willingly turn around and allow him to bind her wrists without a fight - unless this was part of their sex game. These are the questions I have that may or may not be answered during a trial or a confession. I just hope and pray she didn't feel frightened for very long, that things started to go south and he hit her on the head quickly with something by the bed -- lamp? dumbbell? Just some random thoughts this morning.

I he had no ill intentions, why didn't he pick her up at the airport? He wasn't married or anything. IMO he wasn't just her ride home. How far from the park did she live? I think it was one of their SB/SD meets.

Meeting at a dark park at 3 a.m. really stumps me on this case.

Even if she knew him why would she meet him there?

Was that where he wanted to rendezvous or did she pick the spot?

I do think it was an arranged meeting and she didn’t fear him at all.

Yes, I wonder when ML began to think she'd made a mistake or that she was in trouble. She went to the park and got into AA's car willingly and may have even turned off her phone willingly. If she didn't turn off her phone willingly, she must've known immediately she'd made a mistake. Did they mean to stay in the park and chat and/or make out? If so, he must've made up some excuse for starting the car and she may have begun to feel uneasy then. Or did they mean to take a drive to his lavish home in a gated community? If so, she would've begun to feel uneasy when she saw his neighborhood and no gated community. Did they mean to drive to a more populated place for breakfast? (Unlikely or she would've taken the Lyft to that location.) If so, he must've made up an excuse to stop at home first and maybe she started feeling uneasy then or when they got to his place and he invited her in. Did they always mean to go straight to his house from the park? If so, she wouldn't have felt any sense of alarm going to his home and walking into his house willingly. Again, if that were the case, why didn't she just take a Lyft to his house? (I know why he wouldn't want that, but what reason did he give her?) Did they mean to hang out at his home, chat and/or make out? Then she would've felt comfortable until the time he demanded more or started to get weird/kinky. Unless he had a gun pointed at her, I find it hard to believe she'd willingly turn around and allow him to bind her wrists without a fight - unless this was part of their sex game. These are the questions I have that may or may not be answered during a trial or a confession. I just hope and pray she didn't feel frightened for very long, that things started to go south and he hit her on the head quickly with something by the bed -- lamp? dumbbell? Just some random thoughts this morning.
He didn't want to be seen on camera at the airport and he didn't want the Lyft driver to know where he lived. To me this indicates that he wanted to conceal their meeting and had nefarious plans from the start. Somehow it didn't bother him that her phone records would out him as her last contact. She likely didn't know where he lived, otherwise meeting in the park (further away from the airport) would seem strange. It's possible that she was tricked into entering his house, still unaware of the danger.

Meeting at a dark park at 3 a.m. really stumps me on this case.

Even if she knew him why would she meet him there?

Was that where he wanted to rendezvous or did she pick the spot?

I do think it was an arranged meeting and she didn’t fear him at all.
We will all find out eventually, hopefully. The speculation is driving me crazy. It’s all really so puzzling.

Unless he threatened her with a gun? Was there any blood found in his car? Any indication that she fought back?

They seized his car on the 26th. I presume if there was blood in the car we would have heard about it in light of the other evidence LE has released.

I suppose the gun is a possibility but seems unlikely to me. First, there's no reported evidence that he had a handgun. The ammo they took out is for a rifle. Second, why would he have needed to pull a gun when she was comfortable enough to meet him there at 3 AM and put her luggage in the car. Third, if you think about the dynamics of pulling a gun ... he would be hyped, she would be hyped, there is the time to shut down the phone and press a couple of buttons, the time to calm things down enough to drive, the risk that someone on the road sees one of them hyped., etc. -- there just isn't enough time, not even an extra couple of minutes in the timeline.

I get the airport question. The SLC airport is a very easy airport to get in an out of. He lived close to the airport. She lived downtown which is also close. Hatch Park is close to the airport but not a logical meeting point unless they were planning to meet there and then go somewhere north of town (an IHOP, Logan Canyon for sunrise) but then changed after her flight was delayed an it took a while to get her luggage so a 130 AM meeting turned into a 3 AM meeting.

And ...still not sure why the speculation that this had anything to do with an SD/SB situation. In terms of facts:

- His LinkedIn profile shows he is a call center tech at Dell, apparently working at home. She would know that job pays around $15 an hour in SLC since there are so many jobs like that in Utah. She was a lab tech and that pays around $20 an hour in SLC.
- She lived in Trolley Square, a nice student neighborhood. He lived in Rose Park/Fairpark, which is a neighborhood where most people don't speak English as a first language and others here have described as less than desirable.
-. He's not exactly a 45 year old divorced doctor. He's younger than guys typically on an arranged dating site and doesn't seem to have more than a few classes. She has more education than he does.
- We've read his writing. There's no way he could convince a 23 year old college student from LA that he was a successful guy after an ongoing exchange of messages
- There's no evidence that he was on an arranged dating site. People have been scouring that site -- don't you think someone would have published a screenshot by now if he was?
-- None of the women who have talked to the media have said he was presenting himself as something like a successful entrepreneur
- He didn't even pay for her Lyft
- They aren't connected on Venmo

We do know

- They were both on conventional dating sites
- They aren't that far apart in age
- He used a lot of different ways to contact women, including church oriented ways through singles ward information, dating sites for church members, and even though neither were active in the church, those are still used by those who were raised LDS
- I believe it is well known that they both spent times in bars in downtown SLC (I live in SLC and people have told me that).
- from the Lauren McCluskey case, attractive college students are willing to date unsuccessful 30 y/o guys who are different from them in terms of education, jobs, race, and background

Last edited:

There are too many cameras at the airport and he had ill intentions - couldn't risk having his car/licence plate captured on camera.

They seized his car on the 26th. I presume if there was blood in the car we would have heard about it in light of the other evidence LE has released.

I suppose the gun is a possibility but seems unlikely to me. First, there's no reported evidence that he had a handgun. The ammo they took out is for a rifle. Second, why would he have needed to pull a gun when she was comfortable enough to meet him there at 3 AM and put her luggage in the car. Third, if you think about the dynamics of pulling a gun ... he would be hyped, she would be hyped, there is the time to shut down the phone and press a couple of buttons, the time to calm things down enough to drive, the risk that someone on the road sees one of them hyped., etc. -- there just isn't enough time, not even an extra couple of minutes in the timeline.

I get the airport question. The SLC airport is a very easy airport to get in an out of. He lived close to the airport. She lived downtown which is also close. Hatch Park is close to the airport but not a logical meeting point unless they were planning to meet there and then go somewhere north of town (an IHOP, Logan Canyon for sunrise) but then changed after her flight was delayed an it took a while to get her luggage so a 130 AM meeting turned into a 3 AM meeting.

And ...still not sure why the speculation that this had anything to do with an SD/SB situation. In terms of facts:

- His LinkedIn profile shows he is a call center tech at Dell, apparently working at home. She would know that job pays around $15 an hour in SLC since there are so many jobs like that in Utah. She was a lab tech and that pays around $20 an hour in SLC.
- She lived in Trolley Square, a nice student neighborhood. He lived in Rose Park/Fairpark, which is a neighborhood where most people don't speak English as a first language and others here have described as less than desirable.
-. He's not exactly a 45 year old divorced doctor. He's younger than guys typically on an arranged dating site and doesn't seem to have more than a few classes. She has more education than he does.
- We've read his writing. There's no way he could convince a 23 year old college student from LA that he was a successful guy after an ongoing exchange of messages
- There's no evidence that he was on an arranged dating site. People have been scouring that site -- don't you think someone would have published a screenshot by now if he was?
-- None of the women who have talked to the media have said he was presenting himself as something like a successful entrepreneur
- He didn't even pay for her Lyft
- They aren't connected on Venmo

We do know

- They were both on conventional dating sites
- They aren't that far apart in age
- He used a lot of different ways to contact women, including church oriented ways through singles ward information, dating sites for church members, and even though neither were active in the church, those are still used by those who were raised LDS
- I believe it is well known that they both spent times in bars in downtown SLC (I live in SLC and people have told me that).
- from the Lauren McCluskey case, attractive college students are willing to date unsuccessful 30 y/o guys who are different from them in terms of education, jobs, race, and background
Thank you for a ton of info that I haven't read before. My reasoning in favor of a SB/SD type of relationship was that she did not have to meet someone at 3am in a park unless she needed money. I can't imagine why she woudn't prefer going home from the airport. Not sure if all SDs are rich and old.

MOO not a SD date. SDs are supposed to be safe, rich, kind and generous. Meeting at 3 am in a Kia at a park in sweats doesn't match.

In the podcast, I believe it was Ashlee who said she thought ML went to the park because of a threat or extortion. She didn't elaborate.

Does anyone have any similar thoughts?
The only thing I can think of is he would have to have something that she wouldn't want others to know about or see, like pictures or videos.

There has been some suggestion that he may have had some sort of studio for women to have pictures or videos taken.
So if she owed him money for the use of his studio and he demanded to be paid or he would post them publicly or something I can imagine her meeting him at that time.

We don't have any evidence of that but it's about the only thing I can think of. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18