Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #18 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is smart, but honestly everyone I know buys and sells online and I don't know a single person who meets at the Police station. They either meet at one of the buyer/sellers house or meet at a carpool etc. I personally always make my bf meet people because I am paranoid, but I just don't think the general public is even remotely aware of how dangerous life is.

IMO you are above average careful and it is not common for people especially youth to act in such a way. I am in Canada though so maybe we are just more careless here.

And where I live, no one in their right mind meets at their house. The police are on nextdoor.com warning people not to do so and offering the large police station lot. Murder rates in my county are approximately the same as Utah's (about twice as high as Canada's). At any rate, all it takes is one or two locally publicized crimes regarding Craiglist/Facebook Marketplace and people are going to be way more cautious.

Surely, though, even in Canada, if you had to meet a stranger at 3 am, you'd prefer a police station than a deserted park?

These days, there are so many people whose stuff goes missing when they have a garage sale, that they are getting to be rare as hen's teeth in my neighborhood (we had a person inside our house, going through a closet, having sneaked in while we were busy with the garage sale; this person was a homeless mentally ill person, but it still was quite uncomfortable). Other people I know have had outright thefts - so no one even has garage sales any more.

Utah is somewhere in the middle...but my friends in Utah are pretty cautious too (but we're all middle-aged...or older).

Well, frankly, the fact that her hands were bound behind her back with both rope and zip ties. I believe he killed her by a blow to the head (probably with a hammer) after she was tied up. I believe the evidence will show that both rope and zip tie were on her before she was burned and it is only reasonable to assume that he restrained her before killing her.

Restraining someone shows premeditation to me. There is no "accidental" killing at that point. That's what premeditation means to me. We may never know who turned off the phone...

I agree with you about the zip ties. I think that is key. Zip ties don’t sound like something you use if you are into BDSM, although I don’t realky know it’s just not what I picture. So there is really no reason for those which definitely screams premeditation.

I think he selected the park for the simple reason that he didn't want KL seen going into his house.

Same reason he asked the other woman to meet in a parking lot. He thought he was covering his tracks as a serial rapist.

If you read my entire post, I made it pretty clear it is not my number one theory. I agree with your points. ...

^ sbm @ilovechili
My apologies, I intended to question AA's ideas, not your well thought out post.
Have edited my earlier post, added:

IOW, 'hard-to-find' house is not an excuse to meet in park (or elsewhere).
But he might have tried it and/or other flimsy excuses to meet in park. Jmo.

He had lots of flimsy ideas, imo.

He looks like a short man I don’t care what his DL says people lie on them. If you look at his arrest photos next to swat team his shoulders barely reaches their chest. When I first saw him walk out with his hands up I was surprised he was that small. Look how narrow his shoulders are in his court appearance yesterday. He may have a complex, low self esteem about his height and women. I was listening to talk radio this morning. They were discussing online dating and how most women look for men at least 5’10 and up, men who are shorter almost always put their height at 5’10 min. My guess would be AA is 5’7 or 5’8 I myself am 5’11.

Why can’t people just be themselves and be honest? Do you really want someone you have to lie to? I met so many people who lied about themselves online dating. Photos, personal info, marital status you name it. That’s why I just met my husband the old fashioned way. What I saw was what I got none of the online B*******
Not here to defend AA by any means, but 5' 8" for a man is not short enough to have a complex about women and in the pic with the SWAT team, we don't see their feet, so he may be on the curb below or the SWAT guys are tall; they would also be wearing boots giving them some height. He looks taller than his attorney in the other pic. What I mean is that I don't believe AA has a "short man's complex." Lots of other issues, but not that!

The new evidence might have some bearing for the manner of death.
That big piece of cloth looks like he ripped the upholstery panel off the back of a sofa.

Oh, when all is said and done, I’m convinced the prosecution will have more evidence than they will ever need.

But the notion that you need a living eye witness to a crime in order to prove guilt, is absolutely insane.

This guy already gave them the world, and more evidence is still turning up.

It does not matter who arranged the meeting in the park. Good grief!

It may mean something to the future jury, when it gets to premeditation. You can be sure the prosecution will establish that they met at a park. The jury will be very similar to us, here on WS, in terms of how much they factor in that as suspicious. Her whereabouts that day will be established, and they will end when she gets in his car (but his phone in that car will then establish that after she got in that car, seen by the Lyft driver, the car goes to his house).

It will matter that they met in the park, and the prosecution will certainly, upon summation, try to persuade the jury that he lured her to the park. Given all the other evidence, they get to use their own reason to decide. It will matter.

ETA: Since the park is in his neighborhood and near where he used to live, I am going with he suggested the place. I think it was part of him trying to make it look like a stranger abduction - he was ignorant of the fact that his own phone was going to provide the trail to his house.

Last edited:
Morning.

I think one of the biggest mistakes many make is second guessing the actions of any suspect after it's all over, and done.

It seems to happen in every case though, and it's the same questions every time of 'but why would they do it this way or that' or 'how could they be so careless, and stupid?' Etc.

There simply is no answer to explain why murderers do what they do, and in the manner they carry them out or what they do in the aftermath, and cover up aferwards.

All we know is they do it by what made sense to them at the time.

None think they are ever going to be caught yet time, and time they are caught because they are never as smart as the deem themselves to be.

Imo, AA planned the murder of KL, and whether it ever makes sense to any of us ...he also had planned how he was going to get rid of her remains, and other evidence.

Jmho
Good post

Not here to defend AA by any means, but 5' 8" for a man is not short enough to have a complex about women and in the pic with the SWAT team, we don't see their feet, so he may be on the curb below or the SWAT guys are tall; they would also be wearing boots giving them some height. He looks taller than his attorney in the other pic. What I mean is that I don't believe AA has a "short man's complex." Lots of other issues, but not that!
Yeah I also don't think he looks particularly narrow shouldered. I am a woman with linebacker shoulders bigger than most normal-sized men. LOL And his shoulders look more substantial than mine.

I think he may have tweaked his height a bit, but he doesn't look like a dwarf to me.

It may mean something to the future jury, when it gets to premeditation. You can be sure the prosecution will establish that they met at a park. The jury will be very similar to us, here on WS, in terms of how much they factor in that as suspicious. Her whereabouts that day will be established, and they will end when she gets in his car (but his phone in that car will then establish that after she got in that car, seen by the Lyft driver, the car goes to his house).

It will matter that they met in the park, and the prosecution will certainly, upon summation, try to persuade the jury that he lured her to the park. Given all the other evidence, they get to use their own reason to decide. It will matter.
No it won't. What matters is that she is dead and who killed her.

Agree.
Wide availability so probably not that.
MOO Why ML's had a sorority friend who also knew AA is key.

^^bbm
Did I miss it confirmed somewhere that ML and AA had a sorority friend in common? Please share link and also add to media thread. Thanks!

ETA: Or is this speculation?

Last edited:

ETA: Since the park is in his neighborhood and near where he used to live, I am going with he suggested the place. I think it was part of him trying to make it look like a stranger abduction - he was ignorant of the fact that his own phone was going to provide the trail to his house.

MOO Thankfully in Utah you don't need premeditation for Aggravated Murder, a murder conviction + desecration of the body is aggravated murder.
His defense obviously will be an alternative tale of accidental death. The task is to show that a 2.5 cm hole in her skull was not accidental.
The charges also will be made to simultaneously gain a conviction of aggravated kidnapping which in itself is punishable by life without parole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay