Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #19 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering where he was when Elizabeth Salgado went missing in Provo. SLC is only 1 hour from Provo.
I can't say where he was in April, 2015, but he lived in Logan that year and was also in the Utah National Guard - discharged in June, 2015.

There sure are some eerie similarities - police station, canyon, etc. o_O MOO

Last edited:
She disappeared as quickly as Mackenzie did, and was found up the canyon. Just a thought...
She was also a Mormon.
She was a missionary and had just returned recently. I think her mother said she was at a market handing out fliers before she disappeared because she wanted to convert everybody.
Imo

Like I said on earlier on, I had a feeling that MacKenzie was just the tip of the iceberg. From following other cases, this type of crime doesn't happen out of nowhere. There's a progression.

I still think MacKenzie's murder was his first. The sexual abuse, child *advertiser censored*, kidnapping etc. tells me that there is more out there that we have yet to hear. He's been all over the map. His victim is not exclusive to one type.

I think we're going to hear that his victims where terrified of him which is why they didn't report the crimes to LE. I also think that he managed to manipulate them into coming to his home and the fear of appearing to have put themselves into harm's way is keeping others from reporting. BTW, I get it.

He was a serial killer in the making. Thankfully he is off the streets.

MOO

Random thought, I wonder if there was anyone with whom he had consensual sexual relations, and secretly recorded them and perhaps even threatened to release the video.

—-

I can't say where he was in April, 2015, but he lived in Logan that year and was also in the Utah National Guard - discharged in June, 2015.

There sure are some eerie similarities - police station, canyon, etc. o_O MOO

2 h 4 min (125.6 mi)
via I-15 S

@cocomod , Elizabeth Salgado is interesting.

Random chance AA had any connections to linguistics, classes...worth a review. As we know he had all kinds of interests, nature, hiking, etc.

The thing about these nut jobs is we know there’s never just one out there.
The similarities also fit a number of crimes, for example Rita Gutierrez, who according to police, may be in a Canyon area (perp in custody).

@Foxfire used to use the term “jurisdictional blindness”... I think this phenomenon is improving as far as LE being linked to neighboring agencies and aware of those cases.

I don't remember seeing that one mentioned, Magz. MOO

No found profiles of Match or Tinder either? That is surprising to me.

If there were any profiles we missed, chances are they’ve been taken down by now.

Last edited:
For reference:

Missing persons case now a homicide investigation for student last seen in 2015
May 24, 2018

“As Dateline has previously reported in our 'Missing in America' series, Elizabeth, then 26, was last seen on April 16, 2015 in Provo, Utah, less than one month after moving there from Mexico to study at the Nomen Global Language Center.”

WS:
Found Deceased - UT - Elizabeth Laguna Salgado, 26, Provo, 16 April 2015
Pg 1 of her thread states “from Mexico & recently finished her LDS mission there”. If ELS case connected to AA, perhaps church connection?

When we think of AA and how poorly he covered up Makenzie’s murder, (phone at park for example, burning in his own yard, obvious previous phone communication), it’s conceivable to think that maybe he wouldn’t have been smart enough to cover up previous crimes, therefore they may not exist.

However if for some reason he became extra brazen and even “careless” here with Makenzie, then perhaps other victims have been missed purely because he was “lucky” or he may have been more meticulous about covering his steps previously.

No found profiles of Match on Tinder either? That is surprising to me. What about the “meetme” profile, I could’ve sworn....

If there were any profiles we missed, chances are they’ve been taken down by now.

ETA:
I feel like we’re missing something.

Last edited:
When we think of AA and how poorly he covered up Makenzie’s murder, (phone at park for example, burning in his own yard), it’s conceivable to think that maybe he wouldn’t have been smart enough to cover up previous crimes, therefore they may not exist.

However if for some reason he became extra brazen and even “careless” here with Makenzie, then perhaps other victims have been missed purely because he was “lucky” or he may have been more meticulous about covering his steps.m previously.

MOO Actually, I don't think he was that sloppy. Apparently he didn't know how or the extent cells track. He may not have set out to meet with murder in mind and then then cleaned up as best he could.

Last edited:

No Snapchat either?

MOO Actually, I don't think be was that sloppy. Apparently he didn't know how or the extent cells track. He may not have set out to meet with murder in mind and then then cleaned up as best he could.

Indeed a possibility as well.

Just seems odd her phone cut out right when she met him. This seems to lend itself more towards premeditation imo, but who knows, moo.

Last edited:
No found profiles of Match or Tinder either? That is surprising to me.

Indeed a possibility as well.
I don't know if they were missed, necessarily. We had members who checked some of them, but we don't have a list or anything. IIRC, I tried to get @MassGuy to join Tinder or SeekingArrangement and he blew me off. Maybe you can get him to join all the dating sites and report back. :p MOO

I don't know if they were missed, necessarily. We had members who checked some of them, but we don't have a list or anything. IIRC, I tried to get @MassGuy to join Tinder or SeekingArrangement and he blew me off. Maybe you can get him to join all the dating sites and report back. :p MOO

Ha! I do have a SeekingArrangement account, thanks to you.

I’m a millionaire doctor in my 40s (inflating both my age and financial situation considerably).

Speaking of which, I need to log in. :eek:

I wonder if AA had any connection with Jerika Binks: Found Deceased - UT - Jerika Binks, 24, American Fork, 18 Feb 2018

Her death looked like an accident (found in a canyon with both her legs broken) but it has always sounded fishy to me. MOO.

Interesting. I took a look over there and the consensus seems to be an accident; however I did find this:

“It was common for Jerika to go running but she would always return back to the integrated recovery centre at a reasonable time. She voluntarily lived there for multiple reasons, for several months, and had been doing well with her treatment (exact issue unknown). She was known to occasionally leave the centre and meet with boyfriends. She used her Snapchat account to meet an individual approximately one week before she went missing, but that man was tracked down by detectives who determined that he was not involved in the case.”

Source:

Don’t want to get too off topic but worth a mention, imo.

ETA: Once again, so no Snapchat for AA?

Where would AA have been in Feb 2018?

——

ETA: Hypothetically IF we were to consider a possible connection to ES and JB, I would like to see what the three disposal sites look like in relation to each other map wise.

Last edited:
Interesting. I took a look over there and the consensus seems to be an accident; however I did find this:

“It was common for Jerika to go running but she would always return back to the integrated recovery centre at a reasonable time. She voluntarily lived there for multiple reasons, for several months, and had been doing well with her treatment (exact issue unknown). She was known to occasionally leave the centre and meet with boyfriends. She used her Snapchat account to meet an individual approximately one week before she went missing, but that man was tracked down by detectives who determined that he was not involved in the case.”

Source:

Don’t want to get too off topic but worth a mention, imo.

ETA: Once again, so no Snapchat for AA?

Where would AA have been in Feb 2018?

——

ETA: Hypothetically IF we were to consider a possible connection to ES and JB, I would like to see what the three disposal sites look like in relation to each other map wise.
Timpanogos Cave National Monument (Jerika’s remains) is directly between Hobble Creek Canyon (Elizabeth’s remains) & Logan Canyon (Kensie’s remains) -all along, and slightly east of the N/S SLC corridor. 3 rugged terrain disposal sites. No direct indication of a connection, but who knows!?

Timpanogos Cave National Monument (Jerika’s remains) is directly between Hobble Creek Canyon (Elizabeth’s remains) & Logan Canyon (Kensie’s remains) -all along, and slightly east of the N/S SLC corridor. 3 rugged terrain disposal sites. No direct indication of a connection, but who knows!?

What’s the mileage between them? Tia.
(I suppose I can google it :) )
(Again no evidence of a connection, just pokin around...)

What’s the mileage between them? Tia.
(I suppose I can google it :) )
(Again no evidence of a connection, just pokin around...)
Yep. Pokn around is what we sleuthers do. According to my highly reliable pinky fingernail mileage calculation methods, SLC abt 40 miles S of Logan Canyon, 40 miles N of Hobble Creek & 10 miles N of Timpanogos Trail area. Plus 10 or so miles westish. Very feasible if you are a psycho who hates women.

Edited for afterthought: I wonder how far back LE has gone (can go) w AA’s cell records. How many canyon pings since he moved there?

Last edited:
I often think about this but if I may make a suggestion: You will drive yourself up the wall if you think in a "what if" way about these issues. I know it is difficult as when I first began looking into serious issues long ago I would stare at the evidence and find the initial triggering event(s) and the same thing popped into my mind. I know many have different opinions on why this happens and how to remedy it but I am a firm believer in how things used to be in the older days about loosing (in these cases) men upon those who harm or mistreat women in these ways. Back in the 80s and 90s if a man/group of men ever found out about another harming women or kids then that guy who was doing it would be toast and after he was toast then the police/feds would move in and handle the legal aspects of it. Women felt much more secure in telling their Father, or brother, or guy friend or anyone because they knew that men didn't stand for that type of behavior.

I am not in anyway trying to make this any type of political statement but rather just remembering how much easier it was to stop these types of issues back in the time period when women and kids felt much safer about discussing the issues because they knew someone would immediately look into and handle the issue until the police caught up to the problem. Now that simply does not happen outside of rare instances.

Lol, this definitely did not happen the way you think it did.

Why are there so many historic sex offenders being charged and convicted only recently? Catholic Church leaders, scout leaders, entertainers etc were all active back in your "good ol days" and no one ever believed the victims, they were not more comfortable coming out about it back then!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buck_317