Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuse this if it’s already been mentioned.
Does anyone else suspect that listing the mattress on LetGo was a ruse? What if the POI got rid of a mattress that had blood etc on it and then covered his tracks by taking a picture of a different mattress and posting it online. If anyone contacted him he could say it was already picked up. LE thinks someone came and got it but the POI had actually hauled it off and disposed of it somewhere or has it stashed somewhere.
I had that same thought this morning. You are not alone.

Yes, and the destination is entered at the time you order the car. There's no "stopping off" to switch cars or change the address without it being recorded. Also, Hatch Park was in the opposite direction of her home from the airport, so there was no "on the way" to her "real" destination, which would've been entered into her phone - it wasn't. She entered the Hatch Park address in her phone while at the airport and ordering the Lyft.

Thank you, but I never suggested anything switching cars and real destinations. I'm just still intrigued by this Hatch Park location and wondering if she has used a ride share to this place before, or if others have been dropped off there before (and if so, perhaps those people would all have a connection to POI). Just wondering how much info LE would have access to and what they could learn from it. Thanks again for the explanations!

The link says the death was suspicious but death was "unattended". What does that mean exactly?
According to the Utah Medical Examiner's Act:

"Unattended death" means the death of a person who has not been seen by a physician or physician assistant within the scope of the physician's or physician assistant's professional capacity within 30 days immediately prior to the date of death. This definition does not require an investigation, autopsy, or inquest in any case where death occurred without medical attendance solely because the deceased was under treatment by prayer or spiritual means alone in accordance with the tenets and practices of a well-recognized church or religious denomination.

Excuse this if it’s already been mentioned.
Does anyone else suspect that listing the mattress on LetGo was a ruse? What if the POI got rid of a mattress that had blood etc on it and then covered his tracks by taking a picture of a different mattress and posting it online. If anyone contacted him he could say it was already picked up. LE thinks someone came and got it but the POI had actually hauled it off and disposed of it somewhere or has it stashed somewhere.

Edit: this is of course all speculation and opinion
Don't put too much thought into this one . . . I think the mattress give-away is just what it was, trying to get rid of evidence.

I know the Lyft driver has been cleared , but I was just thinking how easy it would be for the driver to stop at the park and politely inform ML that he contacted another Lyft driver to bring her to the rest of her destination due to some excuse.He could have easily been working as a partner with POI.
In a deserted park , ML would probably comply and get in the other car believing /trusting it was another lyft .

The Lyft guy is cleared, but not a hero by any stretch. I guess at best he respected her decisions as an adult.

I'm curious why you want to participate in a sleuthing forum when every aspect of sleuthing seems to offend you.
^^^ Agreed, CK.

The fact that LE labeled him a poi is telling.
If they had nothing on him-- they'd say so.
The pig farmer in Mollie Tibbet's case was never labeled a suspect.
People speculated about him but that was all, and it was talked about within WS' terms of service.
We can calm down.

But ML's family has to be living in a nightmare.

Thanks everybody for posting the presser for us and for all the updates. It will take a
little time to get back some results on the testing. I imagine the POI is being closely watched and that he won't remain 'free' for long. Excellent work by LE. My heart is with them. This is a rough one. Moo

I bet he is freely sitting down at the station answering very long questions with a nice drink. The thing that they didn't say in the PC is what relates him to the case to make him a POI. I don't take it that he is cooperating as much as they would like because he cannot identify who took the bedding. He has to be the person she was messaging at the airport I would guess or her phone pinged at that location. Maybe it was an accidental turn on of the phone.

The Lyft guy is cleared, but not a hero by any stretch. I guess at best he respected her decisions as an adult.

I've wondered since the beginning if he had a better look at the suspect than police have revealed. If the police divulged that info. to the public early on, perhaps the POI would have been far more careful about covering his tracks (not publicly selling the mattress, not burning evidence in his own backyard, etc.) They may have intended for whoever it was to let their guard down as it appears the POI did.

Michael Locklear on Twitter

NEW: UPS driver dropped off what appears to be an adjustable massage bed at the person of interest’s house. I called the #MackenzieLueck tipline and got a busy signal twice. Finally got through after waiting 10 minutes, and police just arrived to check it out.

D-FsAoMUwAAxOTy.jpg

From her quote:

Sheriff Dale Ward says they have no idea what this could be at this time.

Does he mean that is it beyond recognition, as in burned, at this time? He worded this weird.

probably means don't know/can't comment on cause and manner of death like homicide, suicide, accident, etc.

IMO, he is paid to drive a client from point A to point B. There could have been many reasons she structured her ride this way. Who was this person to question her? He is cleared and did what was right in talking to police about where he picked her up and dropped her off-- giving descriptions as well. It was to his benefit to do so AND he did what was right.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member