Found Deceased UT - Michael Cavallari, 30, Grand County, 27 Nov 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
..Honest question.

HAS EVERYONE BEEN DOING THIS ALL ALONG EXCEPT FOR ME?

literally I'm trying to comprehend the idea of y'all thinking it's normal to open a door by walking backwards into it and I'm so lost

Okay, try this. Maybe this will help?

Imagine you're at Starbuck's and you have two coffees in your hands. Your friend is waiting for the other coffee outside. How do you push open the door to get outside? Most of us (from what I've experienced and witnessed) walk out sideways/backwards favoring one shoulder/our backsides to do so, no? What do you do? How do you get out the door with both hands occupied?

BTW- I believe Michael is more likely walking in rather than walking out in the photo.

Imagine you're at Starbuck's and you have two coffees in your hands. Your friend is waiting for the other coffee outside. How do you push open the door to get outside? Most of us (from what I've experienced and witnessed) walk out sideways/backwards favoring one shoulder/our backsides to do so, no? What do you do? How do you get out the door with both hands occupied?

I put the second coffee in the crook of my other arm and use my now-free arm to open the door.. or I push with my elbows on the door.. or I gently kick the door open.. or I wait there staring at my friend until he or she gets the hint and opens the door for me?

I'm serious are you guys messing with me right now or does everyone else open doors backwards

I put the second coffee in the crook of my other arm and use my now-free arm to open the door.. or I push with my elbows on the door.. or I wait there staring at my friend until he or she gets the hint and opens the door for me?

I'm serious are you guys messing with me right now or does everyone else open doors backwards

I've done it but not with a door like that one because of the bar/handle part. It's not a thing I do regularly.

You'll see servers at restaurants do it when their arms are full of plates.

BTW- I believe Michael is more likely walking in rather than walking out in the photo.

This is what I always do.

I put the second coffee in the crook of my other arm and use my now-free arm to open the door.. or I push with my elbows on the door.. or I gently kick the door open.. or I wait there staring at my friend until he or she gets the hint and opens the door for me?

I open the door backwards when my hands are full and I'm pushing my way out while making sure nothing bumps into my coffee or drink to avoid it from spilling.

When people see you're walking out backwards; They know that your hands are full and that you possibly have a drink or food in your hands.

They will then hold the door open for you from the outside. Jmo

..You learn something new every day, I guess.

Today, the lesson I learned was that I'm apparently the only person in the world who doesn't open doors backwards. :dunno:

So I'll just exit stage left.. :escape:

Today, the lesson I learned was that I'm apparently the only person in the world who doesn't open doors backwards. :dunno:

You should try it sometime. Just for kicks. Ps he's totes entering the store in said pic - not sure why I commented that he was coming out. Too much WS got me talking craz-ay

Are you left handed? Maybe only right handed people do it. But I truly think it's also because nobody wants to kick a glass door open as well. Especially just in case it slams back in your face while your hands are full. Lol.

You break it. You buy. You drop it. You buy again. Lol.

Are you left handed? Maybe only right handed people do it. But I truly think it's also because nobody wants to kick a glass door open as well. Especially just in case it slams back in your face while your hands are full. Lol.

You break it. You buy. You drop it. You buy again. Lol.

:what:

I AM INDEED LEFT-HANDED.

you guys are horrifically good at this sleuthing thing

Also just wanted to point out that I don't literally KICK the door, just nudge it with my leg xD

Anyways, that's probably enough OT for one thread! And enough sleuthing for me tonight! :offtobed:

I was wondering about the blood. Thank you for that link. One could still suffer a closed head injury or similar, that would leave zero blood behind.

If he sustained broken ribs and punctured lungs from the force of the airbag there wouldn't necessarily be any blood either.

In the pic of him at the convenience store, he's carrying a pack of Marlboro Reds (cigarettes) and the pic where he looks like he's trying to figure out how to work the gas pump, did anyone notice that there was snow on the ground? And there's no tire tracks that show he pulled up to the gas pump, so was he sitting there very long? I didn't think it had started snowing in that area yet.

The name of the gas station is Maverik 265 E Center St Monticello UT 84535 and FWIW he was exiting.

View attachment 85494

If he sustained broken ribs and punctured lungs from the force of the airbag there wouldn't necessarily be any blood either.

If he had punctured lungs there would be blood it would be hard to find. It would be expelled while breathing.

...he's coming in the store...look at the pictures on the glass facing out.they don't usually put pictures on the outside of the glass facing inwards

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

He is definitely coming in to the store. The camera is mounted on the ceiling facing the front door as you walk in. This is typical of all convenience stores.

...he's coming in the store...look at the pictures on the glass facing out.they don't usually put pictures on the outside of the glass facing inwards

Not sure why he'd be walking in to a place after he already purchased his items; still think he's heading out the door. The photo above shows a security camera just above the outside doors so that's most likely where that pic came from.

Either way it shows one thing, he was at that convenience store.

...he is going in. Look at the door handles the ones on the outside are different

d28522047e4112bdb9c4759a11633ef6.jpg

6df97046c90b58426649355ee232c4ca.jpg

I'm going to be analysing how I open a door every time I'm carrying something after catching up with the last few pages!

He could be going in or out, but carrying a bag leads me to believe he's on his way out and that the doors open inwards, and that he opened the door with his right hand and the bag is in his left.

I'm still no further forward, however. I think this is going to be a pit of a Teleka Patrick sort of thing unfortunately.

In the pic of him at the convenience store, he's carrying a pack of Marlboro Reds (cigarettes) and the pic where he looks like he's trying to figure out how to work the gas pump, did anyone notice that there was snow on the ground? And there's no tire tracks that show he pulled up to the gas pump, so was he sitting there very long? I didn't think it had started snowing in that area yet.

The name of the gas station is Maverik 265 E Center St Monticello UT 84535 and FWIW he was exiting.

I think you attached the wrong photo?? It hasn't been reported if there was snow on the ground when Michael was at the gas station. The video was taken at 3:30 am on Nov 27. It did snow around 5:00 pm that evening according to a poster here that lives in the area.

I wonder if he purchased his items, began walking out, after having his items purchased. He was chatting with the clerk or other patron, and forgot to ask for directions so before reaching his car he turned around and came back in to ask real quick. This would explain why it appears he's walking back into the building with a bag?

Or another thought I had was, you know the insulated bags you are able to purchase?
2f771832f99124e373fdd81daf18aacb.jpg

Last thought could be that him being from California and them being rather "eco friendly" is it likely he had his own reusable bag and out of habit brought it into the store for his purchase?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025
Back