Found Deceased UT - Michael Cavallari, 30, Grand County, 27 Nov 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It looks so flat you'd think he'd be found easily. Wonder if they have flown over this area with a small plane or helicopter. I'm sure the family could get a private pilot to do a fly over JMO

But then look West of Ruby Ranch Road and there's the Green River. This photo came up with google satellite images. This area is GORGEOUS. But in the winter I can see it is treacherous.

Green river.jpg

Do we know which convenience store he stopped at? I just did street views of the ones in Monticello that I could find and couldn't find any near a building that looks like the one in the security picture. Or did he gas up before Monticello?

I was wondering too, so we could confirm if the bag in his hand was from the store/the logo on the bag

What is the weather like there at night? Is it possible to survive with little on your person?

Is the last photo of him entering or leaving the convenience store? If leaving I'd say it is a bag with a purchase in it. I'd love to know what he bought. Maybe a map or small atlas?

right, I want to know what is in his right hand too. Looks like a box, I thought maybe cigarettes, but kind of small for that

Did they say if the car was locked? I'm wondering if he accidentally locked himself out if he got out of the car to survey the damage. Then he went looking for help.

"According to the department, deputies arrested Michael after he admitted to having a loaded shotgun in his trunk and additional ammo was found at his home. The sheriff's office says he denied "doing anything or saying anything" to the woman."
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...rrested-before-being-reported-missing-w159162
It did sound like he was harassing the woman, but he was not waving the gun at her. It doesn't sound like the gun was loaded or there would of been other charges.

It looks so flat you'd think he'd be found easily. Wonder if they have flown over this area with a small plane or helicopter. I'm sure the family could get a private pilot to do a fly over JMO

Yes! It is so flat and the clay soils are fluffy. Then they sink in when they are stepped in, even while wet. The deer/antelope tracks I saw were about 1/2 inch implanted into the ground. According to Grand County Sheriff's Office, they DID fly a helicopter around. BUT, they don't say if it was daylight, clear weather Nov 27 - or waited until after the Nov 27 afternoon/evening storm - maybe Nov 28 or 29.

I
According to the DM he "was battling psychological issues" and is an alcoholic.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-crashing-car-going-missing-Utah-desert.html

He is clearly seriously mentally ill. Often times people with bipolar disorder or schizophrenia will self-medicate. Was anyone trying to get him help? It sounds like he was suffering and potentially not receiving any treatment. I don't think this is going to end well. I suspect his body will be found soon. What a sad, desperate young guy. Mental illness is no joke. *heavy sigh*

You wonder why he didn't just find a place to stay in Monticello, but he might not have hit his wall until he was further up the road.

I might be confused though....didn't he stop in Monticello and then drive north to I-70, then take the exit to Ruby Ridge Road? So he went through Moab? Or did we determine he went another way and missed Moab? I was thinking he traveled through Monticello on 191.

He was in Monticello at 3:30 am. It's about 1 hour up hwy 191 to Moab. And Moab is really closed down at 4:30 am. Then another 29 miles to I70. Then a left turn on I70 exit 182 for about 7 miles to exit 175 (Floy). Then at least 5 miles down a totally dark unpaved road.

I

He is clearly seriously mentally ill. Often times people with bipolar disorder or schizophrenia will self-medicate. Was anyone trying to get him help? It sounds like he was suffering and potentially not receiving any treatment. I don't think this is going to end well. I suspect his body will be found soon. What a sad, desperate young guy. Mental illness is no joke. *heavy sigh*

Thank you Coquette. I so agree. After speculating if this is a nefarious local, but wondering how Michael would meet him in the dead of night - and speculating if this was a staged disappearance, but wondering how Michael could cleverly hook up with someone to plant the Honda down Ruby Ranch Road - it's becoming clearer that Michael was just spinning with his brain-chemistry demons and self-medicating for a long time.

Poor child. He's in the Utah desert and I sure hope Grand County Sheriff's search and rescue can find him soon.

He could be circling back on foot with that shotgun or any other gun to kill his ex. He could be doing this so she will be scared and always wondering if he will decide to come back and end her life. Jmo.

Domestic abusers who like to tap on your door with a shotgun and then head to city hall are nuts.

Also. Please. No offense. But I'm not feeling the he needs mental help after what he did to his girlfriend and how adamant he was about it. Imo. He needs to be locked up so that woman could be okay. Jmo.

On Tuesday, a team of 30 officers, along with search dogs and drones, fanned out in the desolate area about 200 miles south of Salt Lake City looking for him.

Investigators still don't know where he was headed or what he was doing in Utah. But they're considering all possibilities, including that he doesn't want to be found.

His cellphone and laptop were inside the car, but there was no blood or any other sign of foul play.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/docs-michael-cavallari-was-arrested-with-shotgun-before-vanishing/

On Tuesday, a team of 30 officers, along with search dogs and drones, fanned out in the desolate area about 200 miles south of Salt Lake City looking for him.

Investigators still don't know where he was headed or what he was doing in Utah. But they're considering all possibilities, including that he doesn't want to be found.

His cellphone and laptop were inside the car, but there was no blood or any other sign of foul play.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/docs-michael-cavallari-was-arrested-with-shotgun-before-vanishing/

I was wondering about the blood. Thank you for that link. One could still suffer a closed head injury or similar, that would leave zero blood behind.

right, I want to know what is in his right hand too. Looks like a box, I thought maybe cigarettes, but kind of small for that

Candy bar? 5 hour energy? Maybe something like that?

Do we know which convenience store he stopped at? I just did street views of the ones in Monticello that I could find and couldn't find any near a building that looks like the one in the security picture. Or did he gas up before Monticello?

Took a wander through Monticello by Google Street View and I'm pretty sure it's the Maverik on 265 E Center St in Monticello. It's got the red concrete things by the pumps and the view looks correct.

Also, just saying, that security image of him in the convenience store really doesn't at all look like he's leaving. I don't often walk backwards out of a door, do you?

Also, just saying, that security image of him in the convenience store really doesn't at all look like he's leaving. I don't often walk backwards out of a door, do you?

Maybe some of us do; don't hate. Jk. The posters on the "outside" of the store along with the non backwards walk probability do, in fact, show that he's exiting. That bag (if that's what he's holding) looks kinda fancy for a gas station bag. Or I'm going to the wrong gas stations...

Maybe some of us do; don't hate. Jk. The posters on the "outside" of the store along with the non backwards walk probability do, in fact, show that he's exiting. That bag (if that's what he's holding) looks kinda fancy for a gas station bag. Or I'm going to the wrong gas stations...

I'm confused as to how anything you're seeing points to him exiting. Behind him is clearly dark compared to in front of him, the door handles look like they're the indoors-facing side, and you can see the height-measurement strip on the left side of the door they put in gas stations to get the measurements of anyone unsavoury coming inside. I have never seen one of those on the outside of the door, only the inside.

I'm confused as to how anything you're seeing points to him exiting. Behind him is clearly dark compared to in front of him, the door handles look like they're the indoors-facing side, and you can see the height-measurement strip on the left side of the door they put in gas stations to get the measurements of anyone unsavoury coming inside. I have never seen one of those on the outside of the door, only the inside.

I think the photo of him at the convenience store either looks like him entering after pumping the gas to pay and perhaps ask directions with a map in his hands OR he's walking back outside and doing what so many of us naturally do - opening the door walking backwards using his back body/shoulder to then turn to face out once outside. I always do this when exiting a place with something in my hand, especially if I'm saying goodbye to someone who just helped/served me. Security cameras are generally always placed *inside* gas kiosks because armed robberies are not uncommon in them. One outside doesn't really make sense to me, especially with the angle shown.

My two cents after studying the photo pretty extensively, closing my eyes, and walking myself through that door. MOO.

I think the photo of him at the convenience store either looks like him entering after pumping the gas to pay and perhaps ask directions with a map in his hands OR he's walking back outside and doing what so many of us naturally do - opening the door walking backwards using his back body/shoulder to then turn to face out once outside. I always do this when exiting a place with something in my hand, especially if I'm saying goodbye to someone who just helped/served me. Security cameras are generally always placed *inside* gas kiosks because armed robberies are not uncommon in them. One outside doesn't really make sense to me, especially with the angle shown.

My two cents after studying the photo pretty extensively, closing my eyes, and walking myself through that door. MOO.

..Honest question.

HAS EVERYONE BEEN DOING THIS ALL ALONG EXCEPT FOR ME?

literally I'm trying to comprehend the idea of y'all thinking it's normal to open a door by walking backwards into it and I'm so lost

IMO he's walking into the store. I'm not sure what is in his right hand - maybe keys, wallet, or phone?

He's carrying a bag. If you look you can see how he's holding on through a handle. I went searching for an image and who knew plastic bags have different names? It's called a patch handle bag.

img

images

http://img1.eetoolset.com/img?set=i...ze[300x600],qual[80]&call=url[file:std.image]
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...gsClPru8C9n3IbFFvEEWJDe3LthjNc97LG_iz7OBqN9ya

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025
Back