Found Deceased UT - Michael Cavallari, 30, Grand County, 27 Nov 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
if someone is out on bail are they allowed to leave the state? I am sure he had plenty of court stuff about to go down.

The thing that sticks out to me is if he asked for directions. I don't know anyone in my age range who would ask for directions if he/she had a smartphone and the Google Maps or Apple Maps app. We don't ask for directions because we don't have to do that these days ... I can't imagine any situation where I would need to ask for directions unless my phone was seriously dead and I did not have a charger. And even if I didn't, most convenience stores/gas stations sell phone charging cables for popular brands.

He might have asked for directions if there wasn't any cell phone reception. This area is pretty remote.

I'm very self sufficient, however I would ask for directions. Why not? Chat with a local, have a bit of human interaction during a long drive...

To me, it looks like the car was set into motion without a driver in it, and it continued in a straight line until it hit the embankment. I think whatever happened to him happened before the accident. Moo

I agree with this - I posted before I saw your post - it may see contrary - but yours is a great scenario IMO

While early reports said that he was on his way to Chicago, more recently the media is saying his destination was unknown. The Chicago Tribune is reporting that he asked for directions to Salt Lake City. With that in mind, I updated the map to include what might be his route of travel. I think it is likely that he got on Rt 40 east and hit 191 near Sanders, AZ. That would explain how he ended up in Monticello, UT and then turned west, as if heading to Salt Lake City. I wonder if he was trying to stay off the major highways. https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z2VLvG6QAl8U.kQiHuI92-tmw&usp=sharing

I've never been to southeast Utah, but I have been on Rt 191 in the Navajo Nation in northeast AZ. It is very desolate and remote.

This is very sad to hear. He went to the same college as one of my best guy friends and they became very close friends. My friend unfortunately passed away in a car accident in 2006 and I remember the heartfelt messages that Michael would leave on the Facebook remembrance page for my friend over the years. I hope and pray he is ok and pray for his family and friends. I don't know him personally but he always had a kind word for my friends family during their difficult time, I hope his family is getting kind words and support right now.

I keep thinking he fell asleep or was impaired when he went off the road. I'd bet my bottom dollar he is out there, sadly.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I keep thinking he fell asleep or was impaired when he went off the road. I'd bet my bottom dollar he is out there, sadly.

And I agree with whomever said that they should have those drones and dogs already. What could have been a rescue, I am thinking may now be a recovery. [emoji20]

Could he have been trying to throw someone off by asking for directions to Salt Lake City?
I've stopped and asked directions in the following circumstances:
-phone dead
-place I'm going to is near a parkway (they don't have the ones here as roads)
-the map is wrong or the dot is not locating me correctly
-my phone is telling me to do something impossible (drive into a pond)
-I realize I need some sort of landmark or I'm disoriented

http://www.etcanada.com/blogs/etc_1...h-a-shotgun-prior-to-his-disappearance/celebs

"Police: Kristin Cavallari's Brother Was Arrested With A Shotgun Prior To His Disappearance"

...MUCH more at link...

From the quoted link:

The Sheriff’s Department tells ET the informant reported that “for several weeks after the incident, Michael kept knocking on her door, but she refused to answer.” On Nov. 23, the informant said she heard a “tapping” on her door, and when she looked out the window, she saw Michael standing in the walkway between her apartment and the parking lot “with a shotgun pressed to his shoulder and the barrel raised parallel to the ground, aiming down the path.”

It sounds like he was terrorizing that woman. A loaded shotgun pointed her direction to scare her as he stood outside her home? Tapping on her door for weeks? The police arrested him with the shotgun in his possession and he had more ammo on the ready? He smelled of alcohol so was likely drunk. Sorry, but he sounds like a really dangerous guy to me. A desperate, dangerous guy. One wonders if the gun was with him on this trip and if he intended to take his own life. The picture is certainly changing. MOO.

Was Michael manic depressive? Things seem so chaotic and disorganized in his recent life. Maybe a manic episode caused him to take the Floy exit and travel over five miles down that unpaved road, turn around, speed so much he missed the bend, and go forcefully off into a gully. And then maybe wander, confused, into the desert, even though the gas collection station was clearly just ahead and the interstate was five miles back on the road he just drove over.

Where did Michael stay the night of Nov 26? If he was at the Monticello gas station at 3:30 am, was he driving without rest, like someone in a manic state could do?

These recent articles make him seem disorganized and frantic, so I doubt this was an arranged disappearance or random chance with a perpetrator. Sadly, I think he's in a gully in the desert.

From the quoted link:

It sounds like he was terrorizing that woman. A loaded shotgun pointed her direction to scare her as he stood outside her home? Tapping on her door for weeks? The police arrested him with the shotgun in his possession and he had more ammo on the ready? He smelled of alcohol so was likely drunk. Sorry, but he sounds like a really dangerous guy to me. A desperate, dangerous guy. One wonders if the gun was with him on this trip and if he intended to take his own life. The picture is certainly changing. MOO.

Such a sad situation. I'm sorry but if I were the young lady who he was terrorizing I would be staying elsewhere until he was found! Just until I knew he wouldn't be showing up unannounced.

Makes perfect sense why Kristin and Jay would want to distance themselves. I would, don't get me wrong I would want to know my loved one is ok, but man.

I'm very self sufficient, however I would ask for directions. Why not? Chat with a local, have a bit of human interaction during a long drive...

At 3AM though? It would be interesting to see when his cell phone turned off.

This is very sad to hear. He went to the same college as one of my best guy friends and they became very close friends. My friend unfortunately passed away in a car accident in 2006 and I remember the heartfelt messages that Michael would leave on the Facebook remembrance page for my friend over the years. I hope and pray he is ok and pray for his family and friends. I don't know him personally but he always had a kind word for my friends family during their difficult time, I hope his family is getting kind words and support right now.

Do you have a Facebook link to his page? I couldn't find one

At 3AM though? It would be interesting to see when his cell phone turned off.

It was reported that his phone and laptop were still in the vehicle, which still had the engine running, however I don't recall if the phone had been shut off. Does anyone have an article to reference?

I came back and found four more pages of sleuthing! And WOW, cattlekate! Thank you so much for driving out there! These recent developments re: his record and the shotgun are awful signs, though.. :notgood:

This reminds me of that mysterious death of the young lady in Pahrump, Nevada, who drove off the road into a desert area. Her car was found, much like this one, and she walked a mile or so away and was found dead, with no clear cause of death IIRC.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14
Back