Found Deceased UT - Michael Cavallari, 30, Grand County, 27 Nov 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There seems to be a dust pattern on the hood and windshield. Maybe he was on the ground trying to get the car out of the ditch and got dirty...then was laying on top of the car figuring out what to do. IMO

To me, it looks like the car was set into motion without a driver in it, and it continued in a straight line until it hit the embankment. I think whatever happened to him happened before the accident. Moo

This may be a dumb question, but if he was in the car, wouldn't there be indentations on the airbag from either hitting it, or moving it to get out of the car? Maybe DNA traces on it?

First of all, this man is missing and the news can’t report anything about him but who his sister is? Come on, he deserves more than that! Where did he work, what are his past times, does he suffer from depression or substance abuse? Nobody goes off without their phone is this day and age, I’m guessing he was either disoriented when he left the car or he was forced to leave without it. If he was wandering around disoriented, I would’ve expected him to be found by now, the area is pretty out and open.

Something that stands out to me, why he was making that long drive instead of flying, especially in the winter? The car he was driving wouldn’t necessarily be great for mountain passes. Between the cost of gas and staying at hotels/motels at night, the cost of driving would’ve been comparable to a cheap flight.

There seems to be a dust pattern on the hood and windshield. Maybe he was on the ground trying to get the car out of the ditch and got dirty...then was laying on top of the car figuring out what to do. IMO

since the car was running and traveled great distance, the hood would have been super hot

since the car was running and traveled great distance, the hood would have been super hot

That is a very good point. Do you see the pattern though? Maybe the threw somethings up there or ?

I went to the site today. I took photos and will have to figure out how to upload them from my phone.

It sure looks like the Honda was wailin' and missed the bend to the left. The passenger front tire went over a rock, down the small road ditch, up the little ditch over another medium rock, while kinda veering to the left - then the straight drive about 100 feet into the gully. This is on the way BACK to I70 - going north. 5 miles down Ruby Ranch Road.

Straight ahead is the power line bisecting the road, and a large natural gas collection area (that's the whitish structure way in the background of the KSL photo.) It appeared unmanned and was surrounded with a fence and razor wire.

I saw one truck around 11 am but I think there are gas workers frequenting that road - not just due to the large collection facility, but there's is a small natural gas pipeline paralleling Ruby Ranch Road and it went farther down Ruby Ranch Road than I went (8 miles).

I went to the site today. I took photos and will have to figure out how to upload them from my phone.

It sure looks like the Honda was wailin' and missed the bend to the left. The passenger front tire went over a rock, down the small road ditch, up the little ditch over another medium rock, while kinda veering to the left - then the straight drive about 100 feet into the gully. This is on the way BACK to I70 - going north. 5 miles down Ruby Ranch Road.

Straight ahead is the power line bisecting the road, and a large natural gas collection area (that's the whitish structure way in the background of the KSL photo.) It appeared unmanned and was surrounded with a fence and razor wire.

I saw one truck around 11 am but I think there are gas workers frequenting that road - not just due to the large collection facility, but there's is a small natural gas pipeline paralleling Ruby Ranch Road and it went farther down Ruby Ranch Road than I went (8 miles).

I would like to know your opinion , do you feel he would have gotten that far if missed the turn ? You would think would have slammed the brakes after hitting the first rock. Or did it appear to you that perhaps it was driven to that location on purpose ? Would love to see the photo's and thank you for taking them.

I too believe he is within a mile or 2 from the crash site. Sad story but in trouble with the law, jobless, and issues w family...sounds like he was a bit reckless. Because the area he "landed" is so desolate...he is close by

The exit 182 junction from hwy 191 clearly points one way to Grand Junction, and one way to Green River. Then the typical little blue interstate "70" east and west signs. Even if Michael made an ...oops turn to the west (green river) and then got off at the next exit (175 Floy), it's really really clear as you go over the overpass, how to get back on I 70 east.

Cattlekate, thanks so much for going out there and taking pictures, and for your descriptions of the area! If you can't figure out how to upload them, you can email them to me and I can post.

That is a very good point. Do you see the pattern though? Maybe the threw somethings up there or ?

yea it looks almost like something was slapped across (diagonally) the hood. I also see a bag/backpack in the passenger seat, and it looks like the airbag was deflated, so someone was likely in the car when it crashed (or at least when the airbags initially deployed)

Also, in the gas station photo a few pages back, it looks like he has a bag in one hand, and then something in the other - cigarettes maybe? Either way if you thought you were in immediate trouble, I don't think you would stop to get items at a gas station

I"ll try to find out if Grand County search and rescue flew a helicopter nov 27/28. There are little shale (clay) gullies where one could hide but not very well. But footprints are clearly visible in the dusty, damp clay/sand fluff, and this area had to be pristine before all of the sheriff/tow vehicles came. It is not an ATV area. The soils are fluffy.

My initial reaction - this is "locals" territory. A California kid taking that exit, going how many miles down a desolate unpaved road, then turning around, and wailing off that bend while headed back to I70? It looked like an out of control joy ride. Did Michael do these crazy things normally, because taking a desolate road isn't what a California kid would seem to do. My Verizon cell phone had great reception.

Also, there had to be footprints looked at and followed in the daytime of Nov 27. The snow storm did not hit grand junction until 5 pm or so. So maybe it hit Floy around 3 pm - I don't know. But if the car was found 730 am, that's a lot of time to look at footprints.

How to I upload iPhone photos from my iPhone?

Are you on WS in your internet browser? When posting, there is a little picture icon (it's the 3rd from the right on my screen) and once you click it, it will allow you to attach the image(s) off your phone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14
Back