Found Deceased UT - Michael Cavallari, 30, Grand County, 27 Nov 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/ct-michael-cavallari-search-20151207-story.html

It's unknown why he was driving on a dirt road miles from the main highway. But evidence shows Michael Cavallari's 2014 Honda Civic hit a couple of big rocks and washes, likely causing the air bag to deploy, White said.
White says crews have been searching the area on foot and by helicopter but have found no trace of Michael Cavallari. But it's difficult to find footprints in the frozen ground, he added.
Hours before his car was found, Michael Cavallari — who lives in San Clemente, California — stopped at a convenience store about 60 miles away and asked for directions to Salt Lake City.
And:
The sheriff said he may have been dealing with a few minor issues in his life but nothing major. He declined to elaborate.

That link also says that he works for his father's company, is unmarried with no kids. His father and step father are in UT searching for him.

I'm not sure what falls under the "criminal threats" charge. Hypothetically,
if someone is physically violent against a girlfriend/spouse/partner and then threatens to further harm or even kill them, would that fall into that category? If violence has occurred and not been reported against the person yet, does the criminal threats charge get upgraded? Just trying to understand what the charge means and including a possible scenario.

IMG_1626.jpg

I'm pretty sure I was at the spot. The Honda must have been wailin' around the bend but missed the curve to the left. This is 5 miles south of exit 175, on unpaved Ruby Ranch Road. Going NORTH, back to I70. My flashlight and pillow in middle of tracks for scale. Medium rock is first hit by right passenger tire, if car was going north.

Weird being left in the road. I keep a flashlight in my vehicle at all times. Maybe the pillow was used if he was sleeping in the car. JMO.

IMG_1627-2.JPG

Close up of first rock hit by right side passenger tire, before going into roadside ditch and bouncing up. Pillow and flashlight for scale. Going north toward natural gas collection facility.

Oh no that's my flashlight and pillow! For scale.

Attachments

• IMG_1631.JPG
    IMG_1631.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 304
That's MY pillow and flashlight from my truck. For scale. I don't know why these photos are not rotating correctly. Well, the point is - the Honda looks like it was going NORTH, back to I70. And it missed the bend to the left. And it was going with such speed, it hit the first rock with the right front passenger tire, went into the roadside little gully, bounced up, then veered to the left, hit another little rock with the right front passenger tire, then went straight about 100 feet into the deeper gully. And straight up ahead is the natural gas collection facility, and powerline.

Got it. Thanks. Looks like you were at the spot. I'm getting Maura Murray-vibes, kinda sorta. I'd be interested to know what items (if any) were purchased at the gas station. Thanks again for going out there. You da bomb.

Cattlekate, you are a rock star! :bow:

How come we weren't taught to upload iphone photos when I was in school in the 1960s and 1970's? Why the heck are these photos rotated? Well, anyway, there are still things the Grand County Sheriff's Office hasn't released: 1) Footprints. The Honda was found early morning Nov 27. Before the snow. That is fluffy soil. And not an ATV area in that bend. Footprints would've been left if someone exited the vehicle. 2) Helicopter search: was one done before the afternoon storm of Nov 27? Was one done Nov 28? It's pretty open terrain there.

Also, no matter his past (granted, I don't know it) I highly doubt this was staged or planned to run away or hide from people or the Po-po's. Where would he go? Why would he choose to abandon his vehicle in such a (what looks like) remote area? Did he withdraw sums of money beforehand in which he could survive on? Was this a planned trip? Im with those that think he's out there, close to his vehicle and I hate to say deceased. I've been way wrong before, especially recently with Eric Kohler, so this is all MOO *moo's*

Also, he asked for directions to SLC at the gas station per the article I posted previously. Did he know someone in SLC?

So if the Instagram info is correct, huge IF, it would make sense to try and keep his "disappearance" out of the public eye as much as possible. Trying not to draw as much attention to it as possible.

I do actually feel sorry for the family, can you imagine (especially if they have no idea what's going On with MC) what hell they are going through? First he's arrested, then he gets out, goes on a trip, crashes his car in the desert, comes up missing, and nowhere is he to be found? What a nightmare? I pray honestly that he is pulling a "disappearing" act and simply needed a time out, and isn't laying out there somewhere. Gosh what a nightmare!

The thing that sticks out to me is if he asked for directions. I don't know anyone in my age range who would ask for directions if he/she had a smartphone and the Google Maps or Apple Maps app. We don't ask for directions because we don't have to do that these days ... I can't imagine any situation where I would need to ask for directions unless my phone was seriously dead and I did not have a charger. And even if I didn't, most convenience stores/gas stations sell phone charging cables for popular brands.

I apologize if I violated TOS with my post. As others had also posted similar, I (in error ) assumed it was allowed. Again, I apologize for my misunderstanding of the rules. 😕

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back