GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't know.

I think if you want to flush stomach contents you stick a tube down the person's throat and empty it that way.

I've heard of CPR breaking ribs so maybe it is so forceful the person reguritates stomach contents but I haven't heard that one.

We can go to and fro on all of the ME's reports. What we do know is that all those meds in concert not only depress the CNS but would not have a person rendered to draw a bath. Cripe I have an extremely high tolerance to CNS drugs. You give me one I will likely talk your head off. Give me more I am gondy. Add some Ambien I would pray I woke up in the morning. In that scenario I would never draw a bath. Nor would I be capable. Nonsense. Pure nonsense.

I'm having problems understanding the bent over position MM claimed Michele was in. It would seem to me that loss of consciousness would cause her to go completely limp. If she were standing at the side of the tub or leaning over to turn on water, I would expect she would have slammed her face or forehead into the floor of the tub. People don't gradually collapse when losing consciousness. It just seems that more of her body would have been in the tub with the fall.

I think if you want to flush stomach contents you stick a tube down the person's throat and empty it that way.

I've heard of CPR breaking ribs so maybe it is so forceful the person reguritates stomach contents but I haven't heard that one.

Victims receiving CPR frequently vomit during the procedure. Victim could have had air and liquids/foods in stomach prior to, or rescue breathing if not done correctly can cause the stomach to fill with air (this is a problem with improper positioning of the airway/head).

So I read some where on here that Gypsy Willis lost her RN license for 4 years in the state of Utah. Does that mean she could possibly be able to get it back this year and/or work as an RN ianother state?

Also along the same line Martin MacNeill lost his Medical License for a period of 10 years in the State of Utah(did not see when that clock started ticking). Could he practice in another state before the 10 year period?. Why would the state of Utah allow him to reapply in 10 years if his license was gained under false and narfariuos educational record?

Even though their educations are roughly equivalent, their choice of course of study and passing of boards leads to licensure as either DO or MD.

Exactly. Both DOs and MDs are required to do an internship and residency and they take the same licensure boards. The general public refers to physicians as "medical" doctors. And calls them Doctor. The key word is "equivalent". Your post is totally accurate. It used to be that DO schools were easier to get into and you didn't have to follow the traditional "pre-med" syllabus in college. Not so much anymore. I know a DO that was a ballerina before going to medical school. My husband for example, did a traditional "pre-med" course of study in college. He graduated with a B.S. in Pre-Medicine. They no longer offer a BS in pre-med and most applicants have degrees in biology, chemistry etc. in accordance to what their college advisors recommend. Some students that major in English for example certainly go to med school. They just have to take more coursework to fulfill the requirements of the med schools to which they are applying. JMV

Very common for a patient to vomit during a resuscitation. Either from too much air/oxygen being forced into the stomach vs lungs during cpr or a host of other reasons.

I really wish I could see Michele's tox screen.

So I read some where on here that Gypsy Willis lost her RN license for 4 years in the state of Utah. Does that mean she could possibly be able to get it back this year and/or work as an RN ianother state?

Also along the same line Martin MacNeill lost his Medical License for a period of 10 years in the State of Utah(did not see when that clock started ticking). Could he practice in another state before the 10 year period?. Why would the state of Utah allow him to reapply in 10 years if his license was gained under false and narfariuos educational record?

She surrendered her license and has agreed not to reapply for licensure for 4 yrs.

Intraosseous vasc access was included in Pediatric advanced life support when I last took it. Gives me the heebeejeebes!

OMG that is so true. I have been in codes where they were put in. It is a HUGE needle that goes through the bone and you can see the marrow on the end when it comes out the other side. We used them in trauma codes primarily when the patient needed fluids fast to bring their BP up. Eek.

Still to appear are Dr. Dave Cragun, Dr. Gary Dawson, Dr. Doug Rollins and Dr. J. Perper?

Happy Halloween.. I'll most likely be on the laptop. Dh takes the kids out, I hand candy out so I am stuck here... :) With my fresh baked Oatmeal cookies, candles and coffee. It is not so bad.. :)

How sad is that for you :floorlaugh: I am stuck at the back of the house with my Glamdaughter while hubby and youngest (25) pass out the candy. I'm good with that LOL. Glamdaughter is passed out cold. Retrieved 22 birds. Despite my anger with the time factor. We don't believe in a sweat shop for humans let alone an animal. She came home happy. Good way to shorten a hunting dogs life. Grrrrrr

---------
This was mentioned awhile back in this thread. That could be a result of force.
:loveyou:

The thing that stood out the most to me in the ME testimony was that ingested water can cause hemodilution. So the drug levels in Michelle's blood could have been HIGHER than what was obtained in the heart blood samples if I am understanding this correctly.

Here's the highlight that I'll remember from today: That nasty nasty comment the Defense Attorney made to Alexis after cross. It wasn't just the comment but the look on his face when he said it and the look he continued to have when he sat down. Plus the raised voice. I'd make a terrible juror because I'd hold it against him and his client.

What? What? What? I missed it!!! :banghead::banghead:

The thing that stood out the most to me in the ME testimony was that ingested water can cause hemodilution. So the drug levels in Michelle's blood could have been HIGHER than what was obtained in the heart blood samples if I am understanding this correctly.

I did not get to watch all of the ME testimony. " hemodilution" is a new word to my vocabulary. I'm hoping the jury catches that.

Totally OT: I just ate mac and cheese + a hot link for lunch and holy shhhhh I feel super heavy and sleepy. Ok, carry on.

Carbs are not your best friend. Even tho we crave them :floorlaugh:

Exactly. Both DOs and MDs are required to do an internship and residency and they take the same licensure boards. The general public refers to physicians as "medical" doctors. And calls them Doctor. The key word is "equivalent". Your post is totally accurate. It used to be that DO schools were easier to get into and you didn't have to follow the traditional "pre-med" syllabus in college. Not so much anymore. I know a DO that was a ballerina before going to medical school. My husband for example, did a traditional "pre-med" course of study in college. He graduated with a B.S. in Pre-Medicine. They no longer offer a BS in pre-med and most applicants have degrees in biology, chemistry etc. in accordance to what their college advisors recommend. Some students that major in English for example certainly go to med school. They just have to take more coursework to fulfill the requirements of the med schools to which they are applying. JMV

---------
Hi my Zuri, My Doctor went to College in Illinois and Ohio. He is in his late 50's.. :HHJP:

ME should have been asked if it is normal for family to flush remaining medications down the toilet on the day the patient dies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Louiwebb