GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they are so afraid of MM, why would they admit he told them something? Can't they refuse to testify, take the 5th?

I just heard or read that they wanted to be transferred to another prison when they were done. Yesterday, it was being discussed in court. I guess the other inmates were referring to them as snitches. I don't know about the pleading the 5th.

Looking forward to hearing from our "eyes" in the Courtroom today. FYI- I "hope" to attend some of the Bob Bashara Trial. Weather permitting. Will definitely attend the Noelle Paquette Trial as it is a Canadian case. No date set yet. Even with a change of venue it will be somewhere close to me. Both these case are on the board. I invite you to check out them out.

Good Morning!

Does anyone know if we will first hear from the inmates or the other MEs?

If they are so afraid of MM, why would they admit he told them something? Can't they refuse to testify, take the 5th?

Whether their fears are valid or not, the inmates have never suggested that they are afraid of Martin MacNeill.

Good Morning........bad storms here last night.......internet problems

but I am gonna squeeze in right here.

Hot tea and honey for All...

I have been following thr trial off and on, have done some background reading and am astonished at what I have learned, the suicide of the only son/brother must have been devastating for the family after the loss of Michelle,

I hope that whatever the outcome all the sisters can find some peace and joy in life,

I also think that whatever lies and crimes Martin has committed this is a weak case, and I am not sure if state has proved he murdered his wife, although I think it possible he may have state has not proven it BARD for me so far

and to bring in jail snitches for me only weakens the case,

I just heard or read that they wanted to be transferred to another prison when they were done. Yesterday, it was being discussed in court. I guess the other inmates were referring to them as snitches. I don't know about the pleading the 5th.

Presumably they won't be testifying to anything that would incriminate themselves criminally so there would be no need to claim 5th Amendment protection.

I agree w/ you that they may be worried about recrimination from the other inmates & perhaps from MacNeill himself. (Or, they are making this claim to simply improve their personal circumstances.)

In any event, it will be interesting to hear what they say and what the witnesses who appear to be spouses (same last name) have to say.

We are getting heavy rain and wind now. No more leaves on the trees. Very, very dreary.

We had the high winds and rain. Night prior. Thunderstorms. Thanks for the tea/honey:seeya:

reviewed dr. Welch's record
lab/ekg

and ER records and nursing notes

and Dr. Thompson records

and autopsy

aware of drugs in Michele's systems and effects they can have on a patient's heart

are there risks of the drugs found in Michele's to her heart...yes

myrocarditis - inflammation of heart - may be caused by virus
or drugs or lack of oxygen

usually clinical diagnosis and thru echogram of heart

can show us as fluid of heart

can also see in cardio MRI (didn't know they did those - me)

biopsy is not used much

Dr. treats live people for this condition

and to bring in jail snitches for me only weakens the case,

I disagree with you. People are incarcerated for a variety of crimes and I think to call someone who agrees to testify against another in open court "jail snitches" is neither accurate nor is it productive.

It is widely assumed/recognized that inmates provide false testimony simply as a way to cut a sweet deal for themselves without regard to the veracity of their statements. As such, their comments are looked upon as self-serving and untruthful (I'm quite certain the Defense team will do their best to foster this attitude).

However, I know for a certain fact that there are many inmates who testify for the same reason as you and I do so. Because they have information which is important to the case and they feel a personal responsibility to testify truthfully. Many receive no consideration for testimony.

I sincerely doubt that the State would knowingly suborn perjury - particularly from someone whose veracity is already subject to skepticism.

symptoms

shortness of breath, chest pain, swelling in ankles

can weaken heart muscle

Good morning WS Friends!

Looks like we won't see nor hear the inmates. So, maybe we will hear the attys questions but not the responses?

opinions

initial autopsy - very mild case

MM should have only had mild symptoms

should not have had lethal complications

MM had no chest pains, shortness of breaths - none noted in Dr. Thompson's discharge notes

the lack of symptoms would mean it would be very rare that she would have fatal complications

blood work was all normal

bmp - was not elevated - was low

liver damage was higher at time of death - higher than heart damage due to amount of time without oxygen

EKG from 2003 and prior to her surgery

no changes to suggest any type of heart disease

no risk for heart disease

QTc

MM is in the 400 (?)
he would be concerned if above 500

MM QTc was 426 in 2003

differences could be due to mild hypertention

(I didn't get this transcribed well, sorry)

asked what effects drugs would have

promecien drug would cause the QT enlongate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members