GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Defense is grandstanding IMO. Trying to muddy the issues as usual he will take the long road to get to a point, maybe...

The following is from the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences in Houston, TX. They are responsible for doing autopsies in the greater Houston area and beyond.

If you are from the greater Houston area, you may recall the Medical Examiner's office's name was changed to Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences a few years ago.

Perhaps some will find this info helpful in understanding the difference between the cause & manner of death.

http://www.harriscountytx.gov/ifs/cause.aspx
Harris County - TX -- Cause and Manner of Death

Spencer wasn't trying to elicit the "family is forever" comment. Riiiiight.

And he's trying to defend the forged letter from dad by saying she gave an answer he didn't expect. That's the chance you take if you ask a question you don't know the answer to, right?

I didn't understand the difference between COD and MOD until the Anthony trial. They weren't able to find a cause of death, but the manner of death was homicide. I *think* that's it, anyway.

Just so everyone knows...one of my BIG pet peeves is when someone SMILES (actually just shows their teeth):biggrin: when they really don't mean it. Anyone come to mind??

Now don't you all start giving me a big grin about now!!:loveyou:

Um, :waitasec: .... :eek:ddsmiley:

Defense attorney is causing Dr. Perper's hands to shake. Not liking this. Yes, I did see the water bottle deal. Very rude and condescending to a very smart man.

Way behind watching HLN.

The water bottle demonstration made me want to scream! Of course it is an estimate, what else can it be. Most know when a lot is a lot and a little is a little. Blood loss is the hairiest thing to try and estimate outside of the OR because in the OR they can weigh sponges and estimate loss plus they use suction equipment that has a calibrated canister. He really made me mad, I guess that's his job. I would recommend he take a few anatomy and physiology courses as well as separate physiology labs (those are a butt kicker, but so incredibly interesting).

The water bottle demonstration made me want to scream! Of course it is an estimate, what else can it be. Most know when a lot is a lot and a little is a little. Blood loss is the hairiest thing to try and estimate outside of the OR because in the OR they can weigh sponges and estimate loss plus they use suction equipment that has a calibrated canister. He really made me mad, I guess that's his job. I would recommend he take a few anatomy and physiology courses as well as separate physiology labs (those are a butt kicker, but so incredibly interesting).

There was quite a murmur about the water bottle demonstration from the observers in the courtroom too!

I had to check out awhile ago. On my do not like scale of 10 Spencer was pretty much rocking a 12 :banghead: Looks like he did finish. I`ll have to have a look in a bit.

So what was your day like[/QUOTE

Why so much emphases by defense talking heads and others of not knowing how she died. Aren't there people convicted of murder even without a body being found. moo

In thread #3, post # 1053 (that is my source LOL!), Tricia said she was going to attend the trial in Provo and meet up with a Websleuth member. Anxious to hear reports!

I thought the trial was over for the day but then attys met with Judge concerning upcoming witnesses and evidence excluded prior to trial. Of course, the Defense did not want to open any doors and vehemently denies that they did.

1. Defense question to Sabrina about what Dad said after he took the towel away from his face, and she answered that he told her "Families are forever," opened the door to enter evidence about kicking the older girls out and sending the younger girls away to live elsewhere which contradicts him being a "good family man." Judge didn't think the statement was enough to open the door, so denied this request.

2. Asking Alexis about the "forged" letter from her Dad to medical school (of which she was unaware) opened the door to entering evidence of Dad's forgeries, fraud, etc. Judge didn't think the Defense attempt to show Alexis is untruthful opened the door to show Defendant's fraudulent conduct.

I was hoping the Judge would allow and that the prosecution made a pretty good argument but I'm probably showing my prejudice since I believe he was responsible for his wife's death. What do y'all think? Did the Judge do the right thing?

I thought the trial was over for the day but then attys met with Judge concerning upcoming witnesses and evidence excluded prior to trial. Of course, the Defense did not want to open any doors and vehemently denies that they did.

1. Defense question to Sabrina about what Dad said after he took the towel away from his face, and she answered that he told her "Families are forever," opened the door to enter evidence about kicking the older girls out and sending the younger girls away to live elsewhere which contradicts him being a "good family man." Judge didn't think the statement was enough to open the door, so denied this request.

2. Asking Alexis about the "forged" letter from her Dad to medical school (of which she was unaware) opened the door to entering evidence of Dad's forgeries, fraud, etc. Judge didn't think the Defense attempt to show Alexis is untruthful opened the door to show Defendant's fraudulent conduct.

I was hoping the Judge would allow and that the prosecution made a pretty good argument but I'm probably showing my prejudice since I believe he was responsible for his wife's death. What do y'all think? Did the Judge do the right thing?

Darn, I missed that discussion :banghead:

I truly think the judge did the right thing, as much as I do not like it.

I just finished watching what I had missed. IMO the Judge ruled fairly. I thought both sides had a good argument. I like that the Prosecution tried. I really enjoy listening to this Judge as he explains his rulings. Of course I wish it could have come in......

Darn, I missed that discussion :banghead:

I truly think the judge did the right thing, as much as I do not like it.

If u go to the WAT site they archive each day. I just finished watching. It really was interesting. Oh and Spencer was picking at a molar. Lordy.

In thread #3, post # 1053 (that is my source LOL!), Tricia said she was going to attend the trial in Provo and meet up with a Websleuth member. Anxious to hear reports!

Yes with PinkPatrice. She was on here earlier. Likely exhausted. It's a long day. When I attended Trial and would report back (another board) it usually took me a bit to process and gather my thoughts. Even tho I did pounce and ask how her day was lol. I'm sure we will hear something soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow