GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a circumstantial case. If I was a juror in this trial, I would find Martin Macneill guilty of murder and obstructing justice.

There is no doubt in my mind that Martin Macneill murdered his wife, Michelle.

He is a dangerous man. I do hope he is found guilty and spends the rest of his life in prison.

Just my opinion.

Nothing to do with this trial but I wonder how many others he might have murdered ("helped them along").

I hope Giselle MacNeill is taking civil action against Gypsy Willis for the identity fraud.

http://www.4utah.com/story/prosecut...l-murder-trial/d/story/kyUPuuCj-0m_YhEj3mDoSw
KTVX (ABC4) - Salt Lake City, UT -- 11/07/2013 07:05 PM

Prosecution and defense rest their case in Martin MacNeill murder trial

Snipped:

The defense asked the judge for a directed verdict. That would mean the decision in the case would be taken out of the hands of the jury.

"The state is seeking a jury instruction that allows the jury to not be unanimous on exactly what the cause of death was,” claimed Spencer.

The judge denied the defense's motion and the defense wrapped up its case Thursday with only calling forward four witnesses; a probation officer, Ada MacNeill’s kindergarten teacher, an ergonomics expert and one of MacNeill’s former co-workers.

I wish Gypsy was going down too. IMO if she wasn't physically present she knew Michele was going to die :banghead:

I have a burning question in my mind that I can't find a sensable answer to.
I have no doubt... non what so ever. .. that he is guilty, but what I can't figure out is how did doc get the meds down her throat? I don't think she would just take them because he said to, cause acording to what we have heard she was already suspecting him of trying to get rid of her. Did he hold her down and put them down her throat? Maybe I missed something somewhere. I would say it wasn't an easy job to do what he did... surly she fought back.

I know several posters stated they feel a "Gypsy" book down the road. I agree. Gypsy confirmed it for me with the letters. The letters still kept in a box in the garage :scared:

From what I'm reading, State not going for lesser included charges (manslaughter).

They are seeking conviction on charge of Felony Murder (w/ premeditation or w/ depraved indifference).

I have no doubt... non what so ever. .. that he is guilty, but what I can't figure out is how did doc get the meds down her throat? I don't think she would just take them because he said to, cause acording to what we have heard she was already suspecting him of trying to get rid of her. Did he hold her down and put them down her throat? Maybe I missed something somewhere. I would say it wasn't an easy job to do what he did... surly she fought back.

IMO they were blended in her breakfast food. If they had been forced down her throat I think we would have seen some facial bruising and perhaps glaring trauma to Michele's incisions. IMO.

I agree with you that Michelle wouldn't have willingly taken meds given to her by Martin. IMO, he put them in food and/or drink.

From what I'm reading, State not going for lesser included charges (manslaughter).

They are seeking conviction on charge of Felony Murder (w/ premeditation or w/ depraved indifference).

:please::please::please:

IMO they were blended in her breakfast food. If they had been forced down her throat I think we would have seen some facial bruising and perhaps glaring trauma to Michele's incisions. IMO.

Could some of them have been delivered with the suppository she had?

I wish Gypsy was going down too. IMO if she wasn't physically present she knew Michele was going to die :banghead:

I'm convinced she knew. It has even been said, according to one of her room mates, that she had talked about killing her herself.

This may be a dumb question, but I have been wondering if the un-doc could have given Michele some kind of injection? Somewhere that it could not be detected? He certainly had the means to get his grimey paws on them. Just a thought.

Could some of them have been delivered with the suppository she had?

Not sure
ETA-usually supps are given for fast absorbtion. I'm not sure about a pill/cap dissolving in the rectum.

Mere speculation on my part, but I think MM substituted the narcotics for other prescribed medication. Michelle was routinely taking Premarin and something for the mild hypertension. Additionally, she was taking a course of antibiotics during her recovery from surgery as well as a stool softener (Alexis mentioned). She also was taking a minimum dosage of Percocet for discomfort. So she was accustomed to taking a variety of pills and it would have been a simple matter to make a substitution.

Even a non-fatal dose would render her compliant and he could have convinced her to take more and more ("No Honey, you haven't taken your morning pills yet…"). This is what Inmate #1 said Martin told him - "He told me he just kept giving her more and more."

I think when Damian's girlfriend asked if she could do anything for him and he got her to flush the remaining drugs down the toilet, she unwittingly fell into his evil web. The "inventory" conveniently disappeared.

Still many questions we all have. Guess we will never know all the details. Sadly. In my mind Martin delivered those drugs into Michele's system the "easiest" way possible. In her food. The fact that Michele had no type of bruising etc. No struggle getting her in the tub. I do think Martin may have opened up some of her surgical wounds holding Michele's face under the water. I don't think much pressure was needed given the amount and combination of drugs in her system. IMO.

One guess would be because she clearly feels wronged by all the MacNeills, including Alexis. She said the only family member she felt connected to at all was Ada.

Because of her back story, what MM did to her, it's hard not to feel sympathetic towards her. After a bit tho, she seemed... slightly less credible. Might in part be because her English isn't that great.

I have to agree with above...I watched her carefully and something is not adding up here. It was one of the daughters of Linda (sister) who went to Ukraine and brought her home and Linda from what I can gather is working closely with Alexis and Rachel to bring Martin to justice. When she said that Alexis wanted nothing to do with her upon her return etc....well something is not right. Each and every person in that house has major issues but as far as I can tell Alexis would be and did hold things together. There is way more to Giselle than we know and if you notice Vinnie kept qualifying what she said by "we have not verified these statements" etc. I have a feeling she won't be on anymore.

And the whole message thing was too weird… "I'll come home and we will have a lovely lunch".

Was it ever explained why Damian left with sisters early on the day of the murder? Here's a possible scenario....

After what seems to be an immediate attempt on Michelle's life the day of her surgery, Alexis' presence and suspicion, and possibly his wife's suspicion, must have forced him to take a different approach to getting those meds into his wife.

He seems to have opted for a charm offensive. Promises of a cruise. Calling her the day of the murder to tell her he planned to prepare her a lovely lunch. I bet he made her breakfast that AM, and as you say, Bravo, put the drugs in her food. Alexis said Michelle sounded upbeat and happy that morning, even happy about MM. That seems to be a pretty radical shift in her mood and perceptions.

Sadly,given how terribly he treated her, I think she would have been elated to have him be kind or nice to her for a few hours in a row, much less to have him make arrangements for the kids to be largely out of the house so he make and serve her a "romantic" breakfast. I can see him doing this, and I can see her dropping her guard completely, caught up in hope and gratitude towards him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LowStuff5019