GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, just narrowing down the window of opportunity

And assuming the entire crime took place at one time. Meds given, wait for grogginess and get her in the tub.

Plenty time to start giving meds before taking kids to school, when he returns home from taking kids to school, etc. Going to "work" while drugs take effect and coming back to see if she was dead/drown her in the tub.

Well ok, I understand about 911 asking questions... but why wouldn't MM simply put the phone down and continue his CPR while her face was under water... as he told the 911 op.

If she had to call her husband how could he have been "right there" !!!!!

I'm 45 minutes behind so I'll try to limit my comments, but isn't opening with "No biggie - he just lived an alternate lifestyle" as opposed to "he's a complete (#%&*#)@%&^" HIGHLY offensive to the Mormons on the jury even moreso than it is to the rest of us? I don't imagine "pissing off the jury in the first 60 seconds" is taught in Closing 101.

I think anyone with morals would think that "an alternate lifestyle" - where only one person in the marriage knows, and has agreed to participate - is pretty disgusting.

every witness's perception is wrong.........except Marty's

all right then, Spencer - then why didn't Marty testify?

BBM - That goes along with the burden of proof chart that equates to: "The only way you can vote guilty is if you witnessed the act yourself, and even if you did then I'd convince you your eyes were playing tricks on you."

This is not believable - everyone, including Ada who was the first to see Michele, saw her face up, all the way in the tub. But Spencer says a more reasonable explanation is that she was actually face down with her legs sticking out and then turned her over so she was face up.

And, was turning her over even ergonomically feasible??? :scared::floorlaugh:

He needs to stop apologizing for how long-winded he is. It just makes him sound like an amateur.

He is reaaaaalllllllyyyyyyyy reaching ("there is no step").
Please let this jury see through this BS.

Just got home and watching HLN ~ BOMBSHELL TONIGHT Alexis Somer's will be on Nancy Grace ...Unleash the Lawyers :wink:

For real

if you take evidence from a homicide.......you want to hid it or cover it up....not take it out the garage.....per Spencer

Question.......why dispose of the drugs THEM

I'm sorry but it is just not ok to openly mock Rachel. Period.

WOW! Spencer is all over the place! & drowning a drugged person doesn't have to be an adaptation of a "cage-fight"

PS: not a heck of a lot of fluid is necessary to provide drowning!

PSS: he really needs to talk to the OSHA guy...about where one's legs would end up in this tub...are they in?/out?/up-side down?/folded?

As a general matter, I don't understand the typical defense approach of saying stuff like "There's not a single bit of credible evidence of (anything)" is useful as opposed to cherry-picking stuff that can introduce doubt. I guess it goes to the idea of throwing enough (stuff) against a wall that some of it sticks, but it makes me think of the judge's instruction that if someone is lying about one thing, you can choose to assume he's lying about everything. If you're claiming every witness was either lying or wrong about every word they said, then you have zero credibility.

I think both happened

I still think he hung up both times. He made himself sound frantic, then hung up. Was it ever shown via his phone records that he tried to call 911 back after the disconnections? I could absolutely be mistaken :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheForgottenLives