GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link to hearing about what the jurors found persuasive. Alexis amazes me more with everything I read about her. In the 6 years between murder and trial:

*She completed medical school and residency, became a doctor.
* Wrested her younger sisters away from her father , though he was actively trying to intimidate her and destroy her life.
*Assumed full guardianship of these siblings and has been supporting them.
*Got married, had twins, testified at trial 2 days after birthing twins (!!!!!!!!!).
*With aunt and Rachel, spent years building a case against their father, uncovering information all along the way that had to be completely devastating and frightening.
*Persisted in the effort to bring MM to justice, despite the emotional toll that process had to entail, doubled down by being ignored, scorned, and chastised by LE for persisting.

All that, topped off by being treated as a liar by the defense, having to be in the same room as her mother's killer for weeks, and yet....There she was on the stand; calm, convincing, her mother's voice.

No wonder after the verdict she closed her eyes for such a long time, sat stone still and just wept.

What a long journey, and what a remarkable woman she is to have arrived at this point with her courage, dignity, and ability to love intact!!

HLN is changing it's line up on 11/16. They are cutting some problems like Evening Express and a few others. They did say that when court sessions are not broadcasting their ratings go down. Sorry if I am not more clear in posting this.......I was up until 4am this morning waiting on the verdict.

Does this mean they will continue trial coverage? I sure hope so......just love trials and the opportunity to share the experience with you all.

HLN is changing it's line up on 11/16. They are cutting some problems like Evening Express and a few others. They did say that when court sessions are not broadcasting their ratings go down. Sorry if I am not more clear in posting this.......I was up until 4am this morning waiting on the verdict.

They have many problems. One is they don't do any follow-through at the end of a case, a case they themselves followed minute-by-minute, and yet they can't even usually manage a single juror interview, other than maybe a 3-minute interview on DrDrew with 10 people asking simple questions and not going in-depth on any of the questions or answers. They could offer to do it by phone or cover their faces. And it needs to be in-depth. They do no ind-depth stuff, just repeating the same things over and over for the whole day.

can someone help me understand who the victim is in the next case (the assault case) against MM?? Thank you!!!

Does this mean they will continue trial coverage? I sure hope so......just love trials and the opportunity to share the experience with you all.

Apparently HLN decided to move up the date and start the new lineup today. I had appointments this morning so no clue if they covered the verdict (anyone know? TIA!) but Kyra's noon show was the Showbiz Tonight crap. And the first thing I saw Galanos cover on News Now was reviews of tv shows and movies (which imo should have been covered on the previous show). Even the Philippines wasn't first, it followed the movie reviews.

ETA: NOW Vinnie is on talking about the trial. Seems they think they can change their viewership interests overnight.

Daughter Alexis

thanks... i thought that but on another forum there is someone who says she works at the prosecutor's office there and the case is about rachel! thanks for validating what i thought

any idea where to get info regarding those charges?

So glad for the guilty verdict.

As for Jean Casaras, those of you who don't realize it yet, she is often incorrect about her juror assessments, always trying to twist what she observes to the benefit of the defense. Don't know why she does that, but that's her thing. Ignore her! She is wrong a good 99% of the time.

gypsy seriously is going to be a trucker? and with a fellow ex-con?

Doubtful. I referenced that off of another poster who undoubtedly posted for humor. Who knows what she is up to - but dating an ex-con and becoming a trucker seems about right to me.

Doubtful. I referenced that off of another poster who undoubtedly posted for humor. Who knows what she is up to - but dating an ex-con and becoming a trucker seems about right to me.

I am pretty sure that info is for real...If you are talking about the poster I think you are talking about.

I wonder if the jury has been doing anything on Google in the past few days. If so, do you suppose what they are finding is making them feel better or worse about their decision?

(A rhetorical question, by the way - there was so much that couldn't be testified to in the trial, I think the jury will be blown away! They essentially convicted him on half of the available evidence.)

Just found the old 20/20 episode, after looking all day, it was right there on LC's site. I forgot about all the falsified records to get him to be a doctor, who knows with lawyer, and the V.A. fraud for decades. This man could still have pending charges if for any reason he gets parole. Who knows what else was found on the 7 computers, multiple phones, and boxes of documentation, any witnesses that came forward or will now. I have no idea how he got this far, but it is all so very surreal when you watch that episode. Going to watch the Alexis link scorekeeper just posted now, I haven't gotten most of what I should have done this weekend, following a trial backward.

Here is the old 20/20 show, keep in mind they dramatized a bit, but still.

http://martinmacneill.info/?page_id=216

or try this if still having trouble with LC's site:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/219462

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics