GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But who is going to be filming it for us to watch online? I thought the major networks needed to be involved with their media lawyers arguing for the rights to televise the trial. Then the network media lawyers are always stepping in for situations like the agreement to not show the inmates faces, to only play the audio. I don't think Joe Blow can sit in a courtroom and video a trial so we can watch it online, can he? Maybe I'm missing something.

I'm guessing in trials in states that allow cameras in the courtroom, the local media will film it, and put a live feed on their website.

But who is going to be filming it for us to watch online? I thought the major networks needed to be involved with their media lawyers arguing for the rights to televise the trial. Then the network media lawyers are always stepping in for situations like the agreement to not show the inmates faces, to only play the audio. I don't think Joe Blow can sit in a courtroom and video a trial so we can watch it online, can he? Maybe I'm missing something.

CNN covered the filming of this one and many others I have watched. The other networks get the feed through CNN.

I do think there is a good point here...there is always legal wrangling about various things and I think we will see less trials live streamed if it is only local channels involved. I still don't believe HLN will do t his.

BTW: Just checked who Bathsheba really was: Bathsheba was the mistress and later the wife of King David.

What a name Gypsy choose for herself.

Wow ~ Somebody thinks quite highly of themselves :giggle: Queen Gypsy

I just saw a bit of an interview Jean C did with Alexis...hopefully there will be more. It would be helpful if sleuths would post here if they hear about an interview with anyone on this case. I really want more info and the verdict coming when it did has meant not much till maybe Monday night. They also mentioned that besides the victim impact statements MM himself can speak. I wonder if he will? If so that will be a must watch for sure.

I did not perceive the reaction of the family members to be "horrified" at the verdict. I took it to be a release of a huge flood of long pent-up emotions. Hey, women cry. And these women cried. Wracking, shaking sobs. And I don't blame them a bit! I'd have done the same.

Snipped by me for space.

I notice you quoted me there. I have not been able to follow this case much and did not know many of the players before watching the verdict. Always wanted to catch up but couldn't.

However, I have watched many jury verdicts and the reactions of the supporters and victims.

This confused me. I knew his daughters had testified against him and I thought they would be present but these did not seem like relieved women to me. I've never seen victim families act like this. The one woman, who apparently is Michele's sister, looked totally shocked and incredulous. She mouthed the words, with an open-mouthed astonished yet upset look, " I can't believe it." The rest just looked wracked with grief.

Clearly, they were not MM supporters. So I understand they were not actually "horrified" by the verdict. But as an outsider not familiar with the players, but familiar with jury verdict reactions, it looked that way to me and so I wanted to know who they were and later, I wanted to know why they had that reaction.

Two posters gave pretty good explanations. One was that the verdict confirmed what they had been saying and suspected and testified about and even knew. But having a jury agree made the horrible truth a reality. Another said they must have been very shocked because they are used to having MM get away with things and win.

Let me add to that. The little I knew about the trial had me very concerned. It was clear to me quickly that the man killed his wife but when I heard about the coroner reports and the various expert opinions as to Micheles death, along with the crucial evidence the judge exclude from trial, I felt it could be very hard to get a verdict. I think that the prosecution may have felt that way too and Communicated the difficulty to the family. It's what I would have done, as an attorney.

I think this was a hard won verdict and the family knew it and couldn't believe he was found guilty. I do think they experienced shock. It must have been a ridiculously long and agonizing road for them. Not only did they lose mom/sister, they lost their beautiful brother/nephew and had to come to the shocking and incomprehensible realization that the father they loved did it or caused it all.

From my experience, being involved in the investigation and trial kept them going and occupied- hanging on by tenterhooks to fight for justice for their mama and brother. Now the major part of that fight is over and they are left with nothing to distract them from the horror that became their
lives. Now they are left with the unending grief and those two empty chairs and the awful truth of why that is their reality.

I think trials, while excruciating, also sometimes allow victims to survive because their whole being is concentrating on the fight rather than the horror and grief. Once it's over, reality can be tough to handle because there is nothing left but that.

So I think this family had a unique reaction but understandable, that was a combination of factors- shock that MM didn't get away with it (and yes, relief), the instant comprehension that everything that they knew was really true, and the horror of that reality.

It's been awhile since we've seen a couple as evil as MM and his mistress, so easily hiding their true natures, while creating such a phenomenal scope of devastation in their wakes. Nothing can make up for what they have done. I hope these ladies will be able to survive it all and find even a little peace. I cannot imagine the depth of their pain. It's unimaginable.

Trisha's show should be interesting tonight with Courtchatter. I enjoy that show...just put on and do some things around the house....radio is so "old school"!!

And Alexis still has to face marty.......for the alleged sexual abuse case

hearing I think is in December

(((Alexis)))

Snipped by me for space.

I notice you quoted me there. I have not been able to follow this case much and did not know many of the players before watching the verdict. Always wanted to catch up but couldn't.

However, I have watched many jury verdicts and the reactions of the supporters and victims.

This confused me. I knew his daughters had testified against him and I thought they would be present but these did not seem like relieved women to me. I've never seen victim families act like this. The one woman, who apparently is Michele's sister, looked totally shocked and incredulous. She mouthed the words, with an open-mouthed astonished yet upset look, " I can't believe it." The rest just looked wracked with grief.

Clearly, they were not MM supporters. So I understand they were not actually "horrified" by the verdict. But as an outsider not familiar with the players, but familiar with jury verdict reactions, it looked that way to me and so I wanted to know who they were and later, I wanted to know why they had that reaction.

Two posters gave pretty good explanations. One was that the verdict confirmed what they had been saying and suspected and testified about and even knew. But having a jury agree made the horrible truth a reality. Another said they must have been very shocked because they are used to having MM get away with things and win.

Let me add to that. The little I knew about the trial had me very concerned. It was clear to me quickly that the man killed his wife but when I heard about the coroner reports and the various expert opinions as to Micheles death, along with the crucial evidence the judge exclude from trial, I felt it could be very hard to get a verdict. I think that the prosecution may have felt that way too and Communicated the difficulty to the family. It's what I would have done, as an attorney.

I think this was a hard won verdict and the family knew it and couldn't believe he was found guilty. I do think they experienced shock. It must have been a ridiculously long and agonizing road for them. Not only did they lose mom/sister, they lost their beautiful brother/nephew and had to come to the shocking and incomprehensible realization that the father they loved did it or caused it all.

From my experience, being involved in the investigation and trial kept them going and occupied- hanging on by tenterhooks to fight for justice for their mama and brother. Now the major part of that fight is over and they are left with nothing to distract them from the horror that became their
lives. Now they are left with the unending grief and those two empty chairs and the awful truth of why that is their reality.

I think trials, while excruciating, also sometimes allow victims to survive because their whole being is concentrating on the fight rather than the horror and grief. Once it's over, reality can be tough to handle because there is nothing left but that.

So I think this family had a unique reaction but understandable, that was a combination of factors- shock that MM didn't get away with it (and yes, relief), the instant comprehension that everything that they knew was really true, and the horror of that reality.

It's been awhile since we've seen a couple as evil as MM and his mistress, so easily hiding their true natures, while creating such a phenomenal scope of devastation in their wakes. Nothing can make up for what they have done. I hope these ladies will be able to survive it all and find even a little peace. I cannot imagine the depth of their pain. It's unimaginable.

Boy that was a great post. Thank you. I look for the same reaction in the JA trial if they get the death penalty. They, unfortunately, are still in the active phase and I sure hope AZ can get that finished for them.

Snipped by me for space.

You nailed it Mach 90. I knew you were just getting up to speed. I know when I sent the Verdict link to my Daughter who had a bit of info from me. She asked are they happy with the verdict??? Confusing for folks who didn't know this case inside out :seeya:

Alexis will be on Nancy Grace's show Monday 11/11

Thank You. Now I did see a blurb as well that one of the Prosecutors would be on also . Not sure if it still stands.

And to add gitana1 it truly was a hard won Verdict. Kudos to the Family.

I wasn't here with you all during the trial but read at night. This weekend was spent watching the trial on You Tube.
I could hardly bear to even look at MM knowing what he did to his beautiful wife and family.
MM was always a criminal with a criminal mindset. I am so very thankful this evil 'thing' has been convicted! It will not bring Michelle back, but it does at least give her justice.
GB the beautiful daughters that never gave up.
Hope MM gets life without parole................

moo

So...here I am once again , having withdrawals from a trial. I admit that I am powerless over my addiction to the quest for the ultimate high....justice!
Every time I am in this state I swear to myself and my friends and family that I am not going to get wrapped up in a trial....and every time another case comes along and catches my attention.
So very pleased with the outcome of this trial . The verdict had to be a bittersweet victory in so many ways for the MacNeil family. I pray that they can pick up the pieces of their lives and become healthy, happy individuals.
I re-watched the verdict and some of the other testimony and as much as it was distasteful to me , studied Martins facial expressions, it was so overwhelmingly clear to me by looking at his eyes that he has no soul. Such a sick, sad individual.He is going where he belongs and the only thing that would make me happier about that is if Gypsy were going where she belongs as well, as it is crystal clear to me that she was involved and probably pushed along the plans for Michelle's demise.Well, Gypsy, remember what they say...."Karma is a *****"
So.....what's next my trial watching friends...what trial do we move onto next?
Hmmmmmm?

So...here I am once again , having withdrawals from a trial. I admit that I am powerless over my addiction to the quest for the ultimate high....justice!
Every time I am in this state I swear to myself and my friends and family that I am not going to get wrapped up in a trial....and every time another case comes along and catches my attention.
So very pleased with the outcome of this trial . The verdict had to be a bittersweet victory in so many ways for the MacNeil family. I pray that they can pick up the pieces of their lives and become healthy, happy individuals.
I re-watched the verdict and some of the other testimony and as much as it was distasteful to me , studied Martins facial expressions, it was so overwhelmingly clear to me by looking at his eyes that he has no soul. Such a sick, sad individual.He is going where he belongs and the only thing that would make me happier about that is if Gypsy were going where she belongs as well, as it is crystal clear to me that she was involved and probably pushed along the plans for Michelle's demise.Well, Gypsy, remember what they say...."Karma is a *****"
So.....what's next my trial watching friends...what trial do we move onto next?
Hmmmmmm?

Just an FYI - your family and friends are planning an intervention. :floorlaugh:

Are we allowed to ask questions or discuss Damian?

Just an FYI - your family and friends are planning an intervention. :floorlaugh:

Lol....it will do no good... I will lie to them and tell them that I won't do it again.Soon I will start creeping around Websleuths and furtively start reading about another case. I will tell myself that I can control my addiction , but soon, as always my addiction will take over and the laundry will go unwashed, the dishes will pile up in the sink and the shelves and refrigerator will be bare and my family will be left to fend for themselves while I fall deeper and deeper into the abyss of trial watching.
Bwahahahaha !:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Does anyone know if these 2 are going to represent him in his case in Dec.?
I believe the female att. reps sex offenders. I really disliked her and her tone of voice on cross. If she acts like that with Alexis, it could really put the jury off.

I just saw a bit of an interview Jean C did with Alexis...hopefully there will be more. It would be helpful if sleuths would post here if they hear about an interview with anyone on this case. I really want more info and the verdict coming when it did has meant not much till maybe Monday night. They also mentioned that besides the victim impact statements MM himself can speak. I wonder if he will? If so that will be a must watch for sure.

HLN was advertising Nancy Grace's show for Monday night. Alexis and the prosecution team are scheduled to be on it.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member