GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally off MM topic...but really wish that there was some coverage (would be impossible as it is in Italian) of the Captain's trial that pretty much left his passengers for dead on the Costa Concordia. Hope he gets life o whatever is the max over there. Clearly the next HLN trial will be the newlywed who pushed her fiance over the cliff...they are setting it up now and it will be in Dec. very very speedy trial but will be interesting and I'm not sure if they can have cameras but probably or HLN would not be talking about it.

No kidding!!!!! Wow. They at least speculated Gypsy was actively involved in the murder.....

Yep. I am hoping now that MM has seen that Gypsy basically used him, he will start talking about what happened and what her involvement was. He doesn't have anything to lose at this point. Sing it Martin! :dance:

Yep. I am hoping now that MM has seen that Gypsy basically used him, he will start talking about what happened and what her involvement was. He doesn't have anything to lose at this point. Sing it Martin! :dance:

I've a feeling that is precisely why she said she still has feelings for him in that interview. She knows he is as vengeful as she is, she knows what he knows about her involvement.

I bet you're exactly right! I also bet part of the choice to spill or not is likely to come down to how he can cause Alexis the most pain. Tell about Gypsy knowing she can't be charged? Or, not tell and have Alexis never know exactly what happened.

I don't think MM " loves" GW in any way normal people would understand, so I don't believe he has or would protect her. Like the inmates who testified against him, he would snitch on her in a second if it gave him something tangible. Hmm. Well, he hasn't been sentenced yet, so maybe there is some incentive there.

Ugh. Finally took a minute to watch the clip of Dan Abrams with Gypsy. Ugh. How many times can I say ugh in one post? Ugh.

As repulsive as she is, I hope she keeps talking. Most likely at some point she'll say something different than what she's told investigators. Hopefully to the point where, if they can prove she was involved in Michele's murder, she can be charged. I'll just count my blessings that it ain't me that has to listen even time she talks.

And what is it with the mistress mentality these days? Why does the 'other woman' think anyone wants to hear from them????

But also, why does Dan Abrams give her a pass (unless the q&a was snipped). Instead of asking what she thought when she heard of Michele's death, why not ask her HOW she found out about Michele's death? See if something new comes out.

I feel like I need a shower.

BBM ~

Jodi Arias did herself in with all of her interviews. Keep talking Gypsy...

I have to say I'm disturbed that they are disturbed. There was such a mountain of evidence that was just too difficult to overlook. It also was not a precedent. There have been many cases decided on circumstantial evidence alone. Even not knowing much of the most damaging evidence, such as Michele's statement to Alexis to make sure it wasn't her father, the jury managed to feel they had evidence beyond a reasonable doubt.

I liked what NG said recently, that people misunderstand reasonable doubt. She said it doesn't mean that if there was this or that other possibility, that that forms a reasonable doubt simply because it's a possibility. She said if you are convinced in your head and your heart that the evidence shows the defendant committed murder, that is "beyond a reasonable doubt."

Yet defense counsel likes to make it seem the opposite; they throw everything they can think of against the wall, hoping something will stick.

Wow that is so interesting. I always thought it was, if you think there was a possibility that such-and-such other thing might have happened, then that's reasonable doubt. But I see I was wrong! I agree with you that prosecutors have do a MUCH BETTER job in their closings in explaining reasonable doubt.

Anyone have a link to source mentioned here that GW was getting an oil change 40 miles away that morning? Also, link to exhibit listing MM - GW calls that day?

Thank you all for providing links to follow since MM sentencing. I am so glad I found Websleuths. I'm 69, retired and I love to watch trials. I was up at 3 A.M. waiting for the verdict in this trial.

Anyone have a link to source mentioned here that GW was getting an oil change 40 miles away that morning? Also, link to exhibit listing MM - GW calls that day?

I have no idea about GW's getting her oil changed but WHO goes 40 miles away for an oil change? Maybe she gave her credit card to someone else for that alibi? just a thought.

The phone call exhibit was presented on Friday October 25th. Gypsy is on the stand, telling the truth ~ the whole truth ~ and nothing but the truth :wink:

Phone records: MM's outgoing calls from work no. at USDC, 2007

March 29 - MM called her one time

April 1 - no calls to her

April 2 - 3 calls to her

April 3 - no calls

April 4 - 2 calls

April 5 - 1 call ~ she doesn't see it

April 6 - 6 calls

April 8 - 1 call

April 9 - 3 calls

April 10 - 1 call

April 11 - 2 calls in the morning; one at 6:48 a.m., one at 9:26 a.m. (the day Michele died)

April 13 - 1 call at 10:20 p.m.

calls and text messages from MM's cell phone records

March 29 - approximately 38 texts

April 1 - 6 texts

April 2 - 10 approx.

April 3 - 24 approx.

April 4 - 17 approx. - two after 10:45 p.m.

April 5 - 16 between midnight and 10 a.m.

April 11 - approx. 15 texts (the day Michele died)

April 12 - 12 texts (some of these were picture texts she sent him; she doesn't recall those) OF COURSE she doesn't

April 14 - approx. 22 (day of the funeral)

She attended funeral; it was in the later morning (10-12?); she sent him 4 txts between 9 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. She said "this was an important day; trying to get my info correct"

During March and April, phone from USDC used for calls; cell phones used for text msgs only; trying to keep their relationship discrete; "we were not interested in other people knowing"; "he was trying to keep it quiet; I respected that"

On April 14; he called her from his cell phone for the first time (the day of the funeral)

Check this video from HLN:

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/11/06/martin-macneill-murder-trial-gypsy-alibi

I think her alibi is very hinky.

But say the alligations in the e-mail were true; how was she able to leave the scene without anyone in the neighbourhood seeing her?

I actually think it is possible Nor. Alot of people are working, plus March is cold month and most doors are shut. I personally hardly ever see my next door neighbors leave or come home. She also could have parked her car somewhere else and went/snuck out the back door and went through the back yard to her car parked somewhere behind the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member