GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jessica Miller‏@jm_miller·3 mins
Alexis Somers said she's not #MartinMacNeill's only sex abuse victim. Said she felt she needed to come forward.

Somers also said she wanted this to go to trial, "felt it wouldn't send the right message" to resolve in plea deal. #MartinMacNeill

wow........wham bam thank you ma'am speed.........:scared:

i hope the jury is out 2.8 minutes tops........long enough to make a check mark, date and sign it.......:jail:

good for you alexis...........one very strong woman :rose:

Jessica Miller‏@jm_miller·2 mins
Back in court, prosecutors rest and defense says they won't put on evidence. Attys are looking over jury instructions now. #martinmacneill

Ben Winslow‏@BenWinslow·2m
The jury is being brought back in the courtroom. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #Utah

CC‏@courtchatter·5m
Judge is reading jury their instructions then we'll have closing arguments. #MartinMacNeill

off to feed the hive..............i just can't believe these bees expect dinner EVERY SINGLE DAY.......geezzzz some people :facepalm:

again thanks so much worrywart........:loveyou:...........i would have no idea what was going on without you :tyou:

will read up later tonight..........happy 4th everyone :seeya: :heartbeat:

justice for the macneill girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jessica Miller‏@jm_miller·1m
Closing arguments starting now in #MartinMacNeill trial. Prosecutor David Sturgill up first.

Ben Winslow‏@BenWinslow·4m
Prosecutor David Sturgill going over the elements of the crime and the facts of the case with the jury. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #Utah

Ben Winslow‏@BenWinslow·3 mins
Alexis reported the abuse because she was afraid for her sisters, prosecutor says. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #Utah

"She was concerned about their safety, their welfare," Sturgill says. "She was concerned about #MartinMacNeill sexually abusing them."

Sturgill said yes, Alexis did have a reason to come forward with sex abuse allegations. #MartinMacNeill

CC‏@courtchatter·2 mins
All jurors are paying close attention to Dave Sturgill's closing argument. #MartinMacNeill

Sturgill: "She did have something to gain by coming forward. That doesn't mean she lied about it. She came forward to protect those kids."

Sturgill said Alexis came forward because she was concerned about her younger sisters' welfare. #utahcrime #martinmacneill

Somers' statements have been consistent, prosecutor says. He insists she hasn't lied. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #Utah

Ben Winslow‏@BenWinslow·52s
"She clearly was not OK with this. She had not consented," Sturgill tells the jury. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #Utah

CC‏@courtchatter·1 min
Wow "I knew it" juror just nodded her head in agreement when Sturgill talked about Alexis not consenting to #MartinMacNeill touching her

Ben Winslow‏@BenWinslow·36s
"Are you firmly convinced he did it?" Sturgill says, asking the jury to find #MartinMacNeill guilty. @fox13now #Utah

Sturgill concludes: "The evidence is there. And I ask that you return with a guilty verdict." #MartinMacNeill

Now defense attorney Randy Spencer is giving his closing argument. Starts by talking about how important jury system is. #martinmacneill

CC‏@courtchatter·57s
During the murder trial Spencer talked about Aesop Fable, today it's Thomas Jefferson. #MartinMacNeill

Spencer said #MartinMacNeill's daughters — bulk of testimony in this case — have motive to "at least slant testimony."

Ben Winslow‏@BenWinslow·2m
Spencer says there is "reasonable doubt" in the case as he goes over evidence in the case. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #Utah

Spencer says there is a "strong possibility" Rachel and Alexis are not telling the truth. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #Utah

Jessica Miller‏@jm_miller·6 mins
Spencer is questioning Alexis' actions, such as if she was concerned about sisters safety, why did she leave for a week in Cancun?

Ben Winslow‏@BenWinslow·6 mins
If Alexis was so worried about the kids, why did she go to Cancun? Spencer asks. "Use your common sense," he tells jury. #MartinMacNeill

Jessica Miller‏@jm_miller·5 mins
Spencer is also saying that Alexis' testimony in prelim hearing is inconsistent with her testimony in this trial. #martinmacneill

Spencer said initial report in July 2007 (thru dispatchers) it was reported that Alexis said #MartinMacNeill touched thigh/private parts.

This was very different from the account that she gave to police later and in court, Spencer argues. #MartinMacNeill

CC‏@courtchatter·5 mins
Spencer drives home that there is reasonable doubt in this case. #MartinMacNeill

"Does she have motive to misrepresent, slant?" Spencer argues. "I believe, yes, she does." #MartinMacNeill

Jessica Miller‏@jm_miller·4 mins
"This is a tragic case," Spencer tells the jury. "It's a case where a family has disintegrated." #MartinMacNeill

CC‏@courtchatter·5 mins
Spencer tells jury that Alexis told police in July that #MartinMacneill touched her thigh and private area. Then said buttocks later

Ben Winslow‏@BenWinslow·4 mins
Jurors are all paying close attention as Spencer practically whispers to them. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #Utah

CC‏@courtchatter·4 mins
Spencer shows jury a chart he made that explains Burden of Proof. #MartinMacNeill

Jessica Miller‏@jm_miller·4 mins
I don't think anyone beyond the jury members can hear what Spencer is saying at this point. He's talking very softly. #martinmacneill

Ben Winslow‏@BenWinslow·2 mins
Spencer ends, speaking so quietly I doubt anyone but the jury could hear him. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #Utah

CC‏@courtchatter·2 mins
I left my bionic ears at home. I have never heard a more quiet closing argument. #MartinMacNeill

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico
Back