UT - Parenting influencer, Ruby Franke, and blogger/podcast partner Jodi Hildebrandt, arrested for Child Abuse, Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was waiting for this to be posted. It was crazy witnessing the decent into madness as a viewer from the early days. They went from a normal family channel to unconventional and worrying parenting to unbelievable cult-like preaching. I've said for a while it reminded me of the Lori Vallow case but it's scary to think how there was a bit of truth in that.

I think the family drama surrounding the accusations will be more of the story as we move forward.

I wonder, what, if anything we will hear directly from the younger children. The two older ones are in college, away from the home.

yes. Impossible to not compare to Lori Vallow case.

Last edited:

"Ruby Franke’s sisters have spoken out in the wake of the momfluencer’s child abuse arrest, admitting they’ve 'kept quiet' about her for years."

"'Behind the public scene we have done everything we could to try and make sure the kids were safe,' the siblings continued."

I can remember watching some of her videos due to the backlash she was receiving online about 3 years ago. She literally gave her kids no privacy and she would put everything up on YouTube.

The Dad was also complicit and never stood up to Ruby at all and was a complete doormat.

I know the oldest one who ironically was the favourite ( for years) finally had enough and left to go to Uni and had zero communication with the family. Looking at this mess you can’t blame her as she needed to break free for her mental health.

I'd never heard of this woman or her YT channel.
If I'm reading correctly, the first child LE came into contact with, escaped from Jodi Hilderbrant's house, where LE later found another abused child. Did those kids live with the business partner, or did they all live in the same house?

I'd never heard of this woman or her YT channel.
If I'm reading correctly, the first child LE came into contact with, escaped from Jodi Hilderbrant's house, where LE later found another abused child. Did those kids live with the business partner, or did they all live in the same house?
The two children were apparently staying in the partner's house (Jodi Hildebrandt) when LE was alerted yesterday after one escaped. I am unclear where Ruby and her children actually lived at the time. It seems Ruby and her husband were separated for a few months. I don't think the public knows where Ruby and the minor children actually resided at the time of the arrest, whether they were visiting Jodi for podcast recording or whether any/all of them lived in Jodi's house.

If I have that wrong, I ask for correction.

Lots of unanswered questions, imo. I never heard of these people until yesterday, but their rigid beliefs are somewhat familiar in abuse cases, imo.

jmo

Last edited:
Website of Jodi Hildebrandt, who was arrested yesterday in connection to Ruby Franke's children being at her home:

Ruby Franke and Jodi Nan Hildebrandt

A Utah woman who ran a popular parenting advice YouTube channel has been arrested on suspicion of child abuse after her malnourished son escaped from home, officials said.
Ruby Franke and her business partner Jodi Nan Hildebrandt were arrested in Ivins, Utah on Wednesday.

Officials also found Ms Franke's 10-year-old daughter in a malnourished condition at her partner's house.

Police say Ms Franke's 12-year-old son climbed out of the window and ran to a neighbour's house to ask for food and water.

"The calling party [the neighbour] stated the juvenile appeared to be emaciated and malnourished, with open wounds and duct tape around the extremities," according to a statement from the Santa-Clara Ivins Public Safety Department.

"Upon arrival, law enforcement observed the wounds and the malnourishment of [the boy] to be severe," the statement said.

The boy had to be taken to the hospital "due to his deep lacerations from being tied up with rope and from his malnourish

Last edited:
I wonder what kind of damage this will cause them going forward as everybody knows who the kids are due to years of being on YouTube and being exploited by their parents.

The situation must be a million times worse due to the fact everybody knows who these kids are and watched them grow up in front of them so zero privacy with this case.The eyes of the world is following this case and also shows the ramifications of putting your entire life on YouTube for you the world to watch with children too young to understand what’s going on.

Mooooo

Website of Jodi Hildebrandt, who was arrested yesterday in connection to Ruby Franke's children being at her home:

FWIW, the "contact" info for Jodi's business is Ruby, with Ruby's 8passengers email address.

It's not much of a leap to consider these two were close and held the same beliefs.

I do get a Lori Vallow vibe in that it seems culty and there is the podcast connection too, but Ruby and Jodi do not appear as "perpetually cheerful" like Lori. These two seem like extremely rigid people and I don't sense any cheerfulness or charm emphasized at all. There is the judgey attitude that Lori had though, the "I know better and am better than anyone" attitude.

So strange to sense zero JOY in how these two approached their life philosophy and parenting, from my limited look into what they were preaching. They seem angry and on the warpath, tbh.

I find it fascinating in finding out what makes people like that tick, though hate that kids were harmed.

jmo

Last edited:
FWIW, the "contact" info for the business is Ruby, with Ruby's 8passengers email address.

It's not much of a leap to consider these two were close and held the same beliefs.

I do get a Lori Vallow vibe in that it seems culty and there is the podcast connection too, but Ruby and Jodi do not appear as "perpetually cheerful" like Lori. These two seem like extremely ridge people and I don't sense any cheerfulness or charm emphasized at all. There is the judgey attitude that Lori had though, the "I know better and am better than anyone" attitude.

So strange to sense zero JOY in how these two approached their life philosophy and parenting, from my limited look into what they were preaching. They seem angry and on the warpath, tbh.

I find it fascinating in finding out what makes people like that tick, though hate that kids were harmed.

jmo
yeah they're business partners and besties. doesnt shock me that the abuse perhaps escalated once ruby was with her.
jodi's therapy license was suspended for 15? months once after she breached patient confidentiality & told BYU & a man's church (he is mormon) about his "p*rn addiction" which he claims she made up, and she was trying to "destroy him"

i've watched two youtubers markie and sloan cover ruby for yeeears now. i saw this coming ages ago.
she sent her oldest boy to one of those utah boot camps full of abuse because he played a little prank on his younger brother.

Not forgetting she took away his bedroom for half a year and he had to sleep on a bean bag. She said he had been showing behaviour concerns.

Here is Ruby explaining that her 6 year old child hadn’t packed her lunch and the school had called her to bring one in but she wasn’t going to as it was her child’s responsibility to pack it. Then she says she hopes nobody feels guilty and gives her a lunch. The Child she is meant to love at age 6 is meant to be Responsible to remember her lunch and when she forgets as she is 6 years old the Mum is quite happy for her to starve to teach her a lesson.

Also remembering she happily posted this on YouTube to her millions of subscribers because she didn’t see anything wrong with what she was doing.

No doubt if there is a trial stuff like this will be brought up IMO

Just based off the thread title, so many TikTok/YT/IG families came to mind :confused:

How many of their followers are abusers in their own right, subscribing (literally) to the same thinking? Not to mention the other "family influencer channels" who are most likely doing something very similar.

RS&BBM: The oldest sibling is asking followers to share any content they deem questionable.
The eldest Franke child, 20-year-old Shari Franke, posted to Instagram Wednesday to say she and her family had worked for years to get the attention of child protective services and asked her 364,000 followers to share any “questionable or concerning” videos from the 8 Passengers or ConneXions accounts with her.

How many people have tried to flag their content?

Law enforcement often have an online reporting option. It is possible to make an online report and include links as a way of providing proof or evidence. This might be an option for anyone who has seen questionable content on these channels. FWIW.

IVINS, Utah (Scripps News Salt Lake City) — A YouTube star has been arrested and charged with aggravated child abuse after a child climbed out of a window to get help. [...]

[...]
The home belonged to Jodi Hildebrandt, who is involved with a parent counseling service called “ConneXions” and was also arrested in relation to the case.

#RubyFranke and her podcasting partner #JodiHildebrand were arrested Wednesday and charged with two counts of aggravated child abuse. Duct taped, neglected, and starving, this "mom" had once amassed over 2 million subscribers on a channel that featured parenting advice. She supported disciplining with pain, and her subscribers paid to listen. She had no education in such matters, yet people followed. It is difficult to watch so many in all genres start a channel or a blog with no experience other than the Gift of Gab, and yet people subscribe to their advice and believe their rhetoric...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member