UT - Parenting influencer, Ruby Franke, and blogger/podcast partner Jodi Hildebrandt, arrested for Child Abuse, Aug 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jodi's home is on the market and it is insane o_O

Okay... WHAT. Is her property just that first one or is it all the surrounding houses also? WTF.

I think a non-profit for recovering abuse survivors etc would allocate nicely to this home. I'd love to see it used for GOOD instead of evil.
I am just watching HTC talk through the photos

I had no idea this property was so huge.
How did she afford this? Any guesses?

ETA: She built it in 2017 according to HTC. Acquired property in 2013.
Lauren said her business was almost an MLM - that's how she afforded this
Yeah... the MLM and ya know, the massive amount of Mormon church funding... Jodi was charging the church whatever she wanted for her "services" and they paid it!!

The lock is on the outside and none on the inside? Ferriter redux.

Note the smudges on the cabinets above the kitchen counter in the "panic room". I would speculate a child has jumped up there, perhaps to get the doors open. There are no smudges above the toilet or the fridge: there's nothing to stand on in those places.... And those smudges are kid height: first thing I thought of when I saw them.

I'll bet no one thought to look up near the top of the cabinets, because no one could imagine they'd have hand prints, let alone from hopping onto the counter. But just yesterday, I jumped on my kitchen counter to clean cabinets, so I have it in my head that that can be a pretty obvious thing to do...

I'll bet building inspectors didn't check out that vault room, because I don't believe a toilet next to a sink where food is prepared would be to code.

That property must have cost millions to build, not the $400k ish that folks are thinking. All that concrete is about $400k all by itself! There's an architect, expensive windows, electric window shades, miles of granite countertops, heavy wood doors, miles of expensive cabinets, expensive appliances, miles of sheetrock, a gazillion outlets, site prep... Around here, $400k barely gets you a new starter house on a slab, except maybe basic 3 bedrooms and one bathroom, one powder room, formica, entry-level appliances, not including the price of the lot. So, yeah, I would guess Hildebrand's house $1.5+ million to build.

And no solar: imagine the cost of utilities....

Was Jodi housekeeping all that space herself? She must have had housekeepers: I hope someone spills the beans.
I literally saw exactly what you did! Along with the TP not being new/having a piece torn out. I knew right away she kept at least 1 out of 2 kids there if not both. I wonder how RF managed to escape.

No way was Jodi cleaning it herself.

Definitely cost MILLIONS to build. I think they may be selling at a loss honestly and I'm not even joking. The red rocks are a very desired location. The property alone was probably nearly a mil. Consider all the building she did, and the safe room, all the extra amenities and fancy cabinets and extra drawers and huge flat screen tvs...

Crazy how obsessed she was with others' "sins" yet greed wasn't on her list of concerns!! HMPH!!! Rules for thee but not for me, is the motto of her life. My gut tells me her interest in Ruby was romantic, this is just my hypothtesis, considering jodi's MO is separating the wife and husband and casting the husband away, leaving the wives to rely on JODI emotionally... and maybe physically, who knows...

This case is SO beyond the pale and disgusting, horrific, and cruel beyond imagination.
These kids should never have to want for anything again. Jumping into a fkin cactus... unbelievable. After listening to her niece's interviews, it seems to me Jodi gets off on some sort of God complex she has. Look at the amount of POWER she was allowed to have in the lives of others!! The church should absolutely be held accountable in Jodi's crimes and yet they 99% likely will not be. Typical for the church to avoid punishment.

My gut tells me her interest in Ruby was romantic...
JMO, But I am 100% on this based on three things.

RF and JH sit touching on the couch during the podcast. Very intimate.

Jessi H noted in her first interview that JH told her something along the lines of: same sex physicality is wrong, but not if it's a soul-mate kind of deal.

And yes, as you point out, getting the husband out of the way and connecting with the wife, who likely becomes dependent on JH.

Jessi H pointed out in her 2nd more recent interview that people just don't realize what a powerful person JH is.

All I know about her adult daughter is that Jodi said in one of her videos w Ruby that she cut contact with her because her daughter wanted to choose a certain restaurant for her own birthday... as an adult... and Jodi took the opportunity naturally to inform her of how awful and selfish she was and removed her from her life. Very weird. Also I wanna say she got divorced in 2005. I'm sure her 2 kids and ex do not speak with her. I mean, would you? Yikes on many bikes!!

edit- sorry for my exlamation points... my friend told me yesterday i am queen of elipses & exclamations lol

Last edited by a moderator:
All I know about her adult daughter is that Jodi said in one of her videos w Ruby that she cut contact with her because her daughter wanted to choose a certain restaurant for her own birthday... as an adult... and Jodi took the opportunity naturally to inform her of how awful and selfish she was and removed her from her life. Very weird. Also I wanna say she got divorced in 2005. I'm sure her 2 kids and ex do not speak with her. I mean, would you? Yikes on many bikes!!

edit- sorry for my exlamation points... my friend told me yesterday i am queen of elipses & exclamations lol
Jodi has one daughter and one son. She only cut contact with her daughter.

I wonder if JH coerced "clients" to work on her house and to provide building materials and resources as a way of atonement and repentance. Perhaps some who could not pay the exorbitant "ConneXions" fees would be enslaved to build, maintain and clean this house. With all the garages, basements, living rooms, it would be quite easy to bring people to the home in a vehicle, through the garage at night and leave them there to do as they were instructed. Without their own vehicle it would be difficult to leave the place. I have heard that some young Mormon men work in crews to complete projects for their church leaders and wards. Perhaps she had information to blackmail Mormon businessmen and extort goods and favours from them. Perhaps the property does not belong to her at all.
It is unlikely that Jessie, and the two children RF an EF would be the only people to be enslaved victims of JH. It is possible there were many, many more.

I wonder if JH coerced "clients" to work on her house and to provide building materials and resources as a way of atonement and repentance. Perhaps some who could not pay the exorbitant "ConneXions" fees would be enslaved to build, maintain and clean this house. With all the garages, basements, living rooms, it would be quite easy to bring people to the home in a vehicle, through the garage at night and leave them there to do as they were instructed. Without their own vehicle it would be difficult to leave the place. I have heard that some young Mormon men work in crews to complete projects for their church leaders and wards. Perhaps she had information to blackmail Mormon businessmen and extort goods and favours from them. Perhaps the property does not belong to her at all.
It is unlikely that Jessie, and the two children RF an EF would be the only people to be enslaved victims of JH. It is possible there were many, many more.

Interesting.

I feel like JH lived in a world of basements. Ideologues and zealots would seem to make poor therapists, and she was both, with a deep cruel streak to boot.

That someone so unqualified was afforded so much power to damage and destroy strikes me as an important and urgent cautionary tale.

Okay... WHAT. Is her property just that first one or is it all the surrounding houses also? WTF.

I think a non-profit for recovering abuse survivors etc would allocate nicely to this home. I'd love to see it used for GOOD instead of evil.

Yeah... the MLM and ya know, the massive amount of Mormon church funding... Jodi was charging the church whatever she wanted for her "services" and they paid it!!
When you scroll down to the tax assessment the information is all over the map. Starting with a very low tax rate and assessment in 2011 which suggests that it was just an empty lot at the time. Then the taxes steadily rise until 2018 when they increase 126%. Then increased again 112% the following year only to plummet 40% in 2020. Does the Mormon church have that type of influence to manipulate assessments? Just seems so strange. Clearly the home is worth substantially more although assessments by municipalities for tax purposes rarely equal what the real property could sell for.

This is what I think: something was going on to defray construction expenses. Payola was coming from somewhere.

Maybe a realtor or construction person could post the prevailing costs for even just the amount of concrete in the below-ground levels?

When you scroll down to the tax assessment the information is all over the map. Starting with a very low tax rate and assessment in 2011 which suggests that it was just an empty lot at the time. Then the taxes steadily rise until 2018 when they increase 126%. Then increased again 112% the following year only to plummet 40% in 2020. Does the Mormon church have that type of influence to manipulate assessments? Just seems so strange. Clearly the home is worth substantially more although assessments by municipalities for tax purposes rarely equal what the real property could sell for.
Yes, something crazy going on with tax assessments. Even the buying price of the lot seemed kinda low to me, because of the setting, the subdivision, and the large lots.

Also, Jodi would have been on the hook for subdivision fees, yes?

There can be tax deductions for certain qualifications. Military, disability, loss of spouse etc. I wonder if she had a certain square footage declared as church sanctioned therapy and then got a deduction for that. JMHO

Jodi may have received a generous divorce settlement if her ex husband(s) had means. not sure how many failed marriages she has had but the irony is not lost on me that she was raking in the dough schooling people on their relationships :rolleyes:

<modsnip - quoted post, response were off topic>

IMO, the house is not as bad as the comments made me think. The surroundings are stunning and it's glorious from the outside (and I normally don't like modern stuff). It's also less cold on the inside than I thought - I thought it all looks like the garage pet wash part, lol. I do hate the lamps, though. Like where are normal lamps and how low is the ceiling. It is also odd that all rooms have the same colour scheme to that extent. It's kinda 00s with these darn lamps and bar stools and the leather couch part! The blue tile in one of the bathrooms stood out as it was like the only non-brown part of the building - combined with the herringbone pattern it made me suspect it's either replaced or just the newest one.

Anyhow, all this waffle to say that I do hope they follow the money, cause I don't really think all this was afforded from legal sources.

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
New L & C Sidebar episode
Ruby Franke's estranged husband wants restitution and is suing JH for it ( But isn't suing Ruby despite her admissions of child abuse? )

Court is currently covering costs for support and therapy of the children but it's expected that husband will file for custody and then the costs would need to be paid by him.

The guy who considered getting his own daughter arrested for theft?

Starts around 2m 30

separate issue - Pam Bodtcher also gets a mention. ( Reminder she's on the infamous July bodycam when LE rescued the other two children who'd been scrubbing her floors, lived in American Fork) Kevin Franke is also interested in any equity in JH's home and speed is an issue for him in case JH puts any assets out of reach.

Last edited:
New L & C Sidebar episode
Ruby Franke's estranged husband wants restitution and is suing JH for it ( But isn't suing Ruby despite her admissions of child abuse? )

Court is currently covering costs for support and therapy of the children but it's expected that husband will file for custody and then the costs would need to be paid by him.

The guy who considered getting his own daughter arrested for theft?

Starts around 2m 30

separate issue - Pam Bodtcher also gets a mention. ( Reminder she's on the infamous July bodycam when LE rescued the other two children who'd been scrubbing her floors, lived in American Fork) Kevin Franke is also interested in any equity in JH's home and speed is an issue for him in case JH puts any assets out of reach.
IMO, this guy is disgusting. He was present and benefitted early on in the infamous vlog RF put out there and is smiling in any photo op published. To what extent he is culpable in any of this, Idk, but again, IMO, he ought to keep his head down and be thankful that he has not been brought up on any charges.
RE: Mormon church. As much as it is patriarchal how did these women reign terror on the victims (cildren and adult couples) without some sort of approval or knowledge of the church or local bishop. It is my understanding that a nothing gets by a local bishop, all JMO.

It is my understanding that a nothing gets by a local bishop
This is not at ALL the case. Utah has higher-than average rates of domestic violence, child abuse, teen suicide, and mental health issues. LDS bishops are unpaid volunteers who lead the local congregations for 4-5 years with no formal training in counseling or abuse prevention. In fact, the LDS church has been in the news lately regarding cases where the church has gone out of its way to keep known cases of abuse hidden from authorities. (LINK, LINK)

This is not at ALL the case. Utah has higher-than average rates of domestic violence, child abuse, teen suicide, and mental health issues. LDS bishops are unpaid volunteers who lead the local congregations for 4-5 years with no formal training in counseling or abuse prevention. In fact, the LDS church has been in the news lately regarding cases where the church has gone out of its way to keep known cases of abuse hidden from authorities. (LINK, LINK)
^^^^^This. Not from Utah, but raised LDS, I can speak to the untrained nature of bishops and their first and second councillors. They are just average people with jobs, regular jobs. We had one who was a PE teacher. Another who was a guy with an air conditioning duct business. These guys generally have their hearts in the right place, but they are not trained to be therapists or anything like that, and yet their congregation gives great weight to their advice. It has the potential to go very wrong.

Also, even with the best of bishops, gossip in wards is rife, and I know people personally who could have done with a friendly ear but didn't talk to the bishopric for fear of it getting out into the congregation.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member