UT - Parenting influencer, Ruby Franke, and blogger/podcast partner Jodi Hildebrandt, arrested for Child Abuse, Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope an investigation is done into Kevin as well. The fact he wants full custody is also alarming as everybody who watched them for years knows he was complicit as well. I am not saying he went as far as Ruby but he certainly never stopped her and stood up for them.

Mooo
I don't like the attorney statement that Kevin is focused on keeping his four children together "under his fatherly care" one bit.

They don't appear to have been better off when the two adults still shared a household, and his "fatherly care" seemed non existent.

Ruby Franke’s husband trying to ‘keep his children together’ after her child abuse arrest

"Kevin’s attorney, Randy S. Kester, told Page Six Thursday that his client’s urgent focus is simply to keep his children together under his fatherly care.'”

"Ruby — who will be held in Washington County jail without bail — declined to speak to authorities and instead requested a lawyer."
Maybe I missed it but are Ruby & Kevin living under the same roof? If so, didn't he know about the abuse?
Edited to add: I'm way behind so please forgive my questions. I'm only on page 2. :confused:

Last edited:
There were so many red flags, even in her videos from a few years ago, in the way she'd openly and proudly discuss her often times extreme 'punishments' for her children. These poor kids.
I'm curious if anyone watching the channel ever contacted authorities about her "extreme punishments" of her children.
My heart breaks for these children.

I'm curious if anyone watching the channel ever contacted authorities about her "extreme punishments" of her children.
unnamed sources in articles state that Ruby showed Kevin the door some months back. Subsequently she left the family home (that she allegedly made her husband leave) and began staying with her business vlogging partner, Jodi. When she began staying at Jodi's house she took the two youngest children with her. No clue if that means dad had custody of the two older (but still minor) children or not.

And yes, in 2020 several social media users reported her to DFC an investigation was opened. Ruby and Kevin even did interviews (maybe with people magazine I posted a link a page or two back) claiming it was simply jealous people making up stories.

Although that “raised a big question mark” for neighbors, their biggest concern was that the Franke’s two teenage girls appeared to be left home alone for weeks on end, the neighbor claims. “It's like she went down to southern Utah [to Hildebrandt’s house] with the two youngest and then left the teenage girls home alone up here in Springville, which is about four or five hours away,” the neighbor alleges. “It's odd.”
Influencer Mom Ruby Franke's Child Abuse Charges 'Shocked' Neighbor — But She 'Saw Some Weird Things' (Exclusive)

so I guess the two older minor girls were left at home to their own devices while the youngest two were taken to Jodi's :(

I hope an investigation is done into Kevin as well. The fact he wants full custody is also alarming as everybody who watched them for years knows he was complicit as well. I am not saying he went as far as Ruby but he certainly never stopped her and stood up for them.

Mooo
Did the father’s employment end?

Did the father’s employment end?

It seems nobody knows fully. He definitely isn’t working now at BYU. The also Erased his profile on the college website. It’s completely vanished.

I am from the UK so no idea how it works but he was meant to be Tenured as well so if he was fired that can’t be good. Ruby made a blog about the exciting news on his tenure years ago.

The father was an associate professor at Brigham Young University in Utah, but a spokesperson told Insider his employment ended earlier this spring

No. But the “fatherly care” statement makes me angry.
MOO: 100% lawyer-speak statement.

I have confusion about who was where when. As I understand it, the two youngest kids were living at Jodi Hildebrandt's house when recovered by Utah's child protective services. As noted upthread by @tycla, Jodi Hildebrandt's home or a home is near St. George, in the SW corner of Utah. Is this the home where the two youngest were found? Her ConneXions thing is listed as being in Orem, my impression is that Ruby's McMansion house is in Springdale and the two middle kids were staying with "family friends" in (I think) American Fork. The home near St. George is about a 3 or 4-hour drive from the other locations.

Last edited:
Many of us did. I believe there was a Discord server purely for documenting Ruby's behavior, and I believe the person who runs it sent it all in to Ruby's daughter that is collecting the evidence.

I had never heard of this family before today.
My heart goes out to the kids.
It sounds like Ruby was estranged from her sisters and her two oldest children and her husband. That is a huge red flag.
There are always abusive parents but I find it very strange in this case that this female 'therapist' was involved What a weird relationship between these two women.

Clearly Ruby didn't really like being a mom, but instead liked the "idea" of being a perfect mom with perfect, obedient children. Since she lacks empathy I wonder what her siblings thought of her when they were growing up.

Sounds very sadistic.
All of those children will be recovering for a very long time.
Not 100% sure if other family members tried to sound the alarm ... maybe they did ?
Omo.

The whole influencer thing is crazy to me. Who decides who is a influencer? How can someone like her or the one who decided to eat 2 fruits to live off of and of course died.

How are those two influencers?
I actually think some of these people have followers because it’s like a train wreck, I guess.

But following these people fuels them. It makes it worse.

Snark sites or threads/ videos where people express concerns about families like this, compile footage and comment on the footage and that’s where I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966