UT - Parenting influencer, Ruby Franke, and blogger/podcast partner Jodi Hildebrandt, arrested for Child Abuse, Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too little, too late. All these family members knew exactly what was happening in that house. They knew the children were treated abominably. Even the oldest daughter, who I will give a pass to because she is traumatized) knew what was going on. Why didn't they go to the cops? Why didn't they take some of the younger ones out of that environment.
The oldest ones left and left their young, vulnerable siblings there to bear the brunt of the assaults and probably bore the anger the mother felt at the older ones who left.

As for the father, why on earth would he take the oldest boy yet not fight to get the smaller kids out of there? Apathy is as bad as involvement. It boggles my mind that now that the cops are well aware of the treatment those kids endured, they are all singing like canaries. I don't think her sisters or her husband get a pass. Disgraceful.
From my understanding, they went to the cops multiple times. (The sisters, and Shari)

While this doesn't justify it in any way, I do wonder what kind of threats the mother made against the father so he wouldn't take all the kids with him when he left.

She still couldn’t stop him seeing them legally as they are his children. So the fact this has been going on for months and suddenly now he wants to keep them together well where has he been while his children were abused?

Charges have been increased, still only for the two youngest children. I wouldn't be surprised if more get added:

Ruby Franke, a Utah mother of six who rose to fame and then notoriety for her controversial parenting vlogs, was charged with six felony child abuse counts after her Wednesday arrest, with police detailing her son's harrowing escape from the home of his mom's business partner, Jodi Hildebrandt.

On Friday the county attorney in Washington County, Utah, announced the six formal charges against Franke and Hildebrandt, saying the counts relate to two of Franke's children, 10 and 12 years old. Insider is not naming the children as they are minors.

"Each defendant is accused of causing or permitting serious physical injury to the victims in three different ways: (1) a combination of multiple physical injuries or torture, (2) starvation or malnutrition that jeopardizes life, and (3) causing severe emotional harm," the county attorney said in a statement shared with Insider Friday. Each of the six counts carries a possible prison sentence of one to fifteen years and a fine up to $10,000, the Washington County Attorney's office said.

Charges have been increased, still only for the two youngest children. I wouldn't be surprised if more get added:

Ruby Franke, a Utah mother of six who rose to fame and then notoriety for her controversial parenting vlogs, was charged with six felony child abuse counts after her Wednesday arrest, with police detailing her son's harrowing escape from the home of his mom's business partner, Jodi Hildebrandt.

On Friday the county attorney in Washington County, Utah, announced the six formal charges against Franke and Hildebrandt, saying the counts relate to two of Franke's children, 10 and 12 years old. Insider is not naming the children as they are minors.

"Each defendant is accused of causing or permitting serious physical injury to the victims in three different ways: (1) a combination of multiple physical injuries or torture, (2) starvation or malnutrition that jeopardizes life, and (3) causing severe emotional harm," the county attorney said in a statement shared with Insider Friday. Each of the six counts carries a possible prison sentence of one to fifteen years and a fine up to $10,000, the Washington County Attorney's office said.

It’s really sickening that if she did get a Fine the money used would be from the millions they made exploiting their children on YouTube for years.

Moo

Better late than never, I guess?

YouTube confirmed to Insider it has removed two channels linked to the mom-influencer Ruby Franke after she was arrested on Wednesday and charged with child abuse.

The platform said it removed Franke's main family vlog channel 8 Passengers and ConneXions, a joint life-improvement advice account with Franke's business partner Jodi Hildebrandt. Both Hildebrandt and Franke were arrested and charged with six counts of child abuse in Washington County, Utah, per indictments announced Friday.

All of 8 Passengers' videos appeared to have been taken down earlier this year, but ConneXions was still online and viewable until the middle of the day on Friday.

"We can confirm that we have terminated two channels linked to Ruby Franke in accordance with our creator responsibility guidelines," YouTube spokesperson Nicole Bell wrote in a statement.

Ruby Franke and her husband, Kevin Franke, “are still married” despite the momfluencer’s arrest for aggravated child abuse.

The latter’s attorney, Randy S. Kester, confirmed to Page Six Friday that the pair are still legally a couple.

When asked if Kevin had any plans to split from his wife in wake of the allegations, Fester told us he was “not at liberty to respond about the topic of divorce.”

I can only imagine what that 10 and 12 year old are telling LE about what went on in that house.

I wouldn't be surprised if more charges come about, but only facing 15 years for this sure doesn't seem like nearly enough.
When you target and torture the most innocent and defenseless in society (children), the penalty ought to be staggering.

jmo

From my understanding, they went to the cops multiple times. (The sisters, and Shari)

I'm aware of that. But it was mostly the sisters that filed complaints and the cops didn't bother trying again when no one answered the door. This was happening in full view of the community and it appears that it was the neighbours, people who had no dog in the fight, who complained to the authorities.

<modsnip - off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:

In another video, Franke says she refused to bring food to her then-6-year-old after the child had forgotten her lunch at home. She defended that move, too, saying it was necessary to teach her daughter personal responsibility and that she was fed immediately upon returning home.

Several other videos also show Franke threatening to take away meals as punishment.

Last edited:
Ruby Franke’s husband trying to ‘keep his children together’ after her child abuse arrest

"Kevin’s attorney, Randy S. Kester, told Page Six Thursday that his client’s urgent focus is simply to keep his children together under his fatherly care.'”

"Ruby — who will be held in Washington County jail without bail — declined to speak to authorities and instead requested a lawyer."
His “fatherly care” included approving of depriving his six year old of lunch because she forgot to pack one, approving of that same child at 4 missing preschool because she wasn’t responsible enough to wake herself up, taking away his son’s bedroom for 7 months over a prank which involved telling his little brother they were going to Disneyland, when they weren’t (the little brother is apparently the one who escaped Hildebrandt’s house) and depriving his kids of any privacy or autonomy when it came to filming every moment of their private lives and publishing those moments, against their will, on line.

I truly hope he doesn’t get those poor kids. They need someone normal and loving to care for them.

Sadly, her sisters apparently also have YouTube channels through which they exploited their kids. Safest place for the kids might be foster care.

"In June 2022, Franke announced she was forming a new channel called ConneXions with Hildebrandt "

"Franke and Hildebrandt's channel caused concern straight away, with onlookers labeling ConneXions a 'cult.' It describes itself as a mom's 'support group'....but has been criticized as damaging, extreme, and authoritarian in its teachings."

"In one video, for example, Franke and Hildebrandt said parents should not love their children unconditionally, and in another Franke gave multiple reasons children shouldn't be listened to and said they didn't deserve privacy. They have also freely made homophobic, transphobic, racist, and ableist comments."

Yup. She said that kids aren’t entitled to personal space. “It’s MY space. Not their’s!”

She said anyone who felt this was wrong was “in distortion”, which I guess was some culty thing they believed about how people are out of step with God, or something.

Yup. She said that kids aren’t entitled to personal space. “It’s MY space. Not their’s!”

She said anyone who felt this was wrong was “in distortion”, which I guess was some culty thing they believed about how people are out of step with God, or something.

Culty is a great description, Gitana.
That is exactly the vibe I'm getting too.
Thousands of people used to tune into her, a million at one stage afaik, how many of them went on to destroy their own children as a result of her influence?
needs to be a public awareness campaign launched nationally IMO

The Google doc created by Shari asking people to share any video clips, they might have saved, from her Mom’s now deleted videos.

"Ruby Franke’s sisters have spoken out in the wake of the momfluencer’s child abuse arrest, admitting they’ve 'kept quiet' about her for years."

"'Behind the public scene we have done everything we could to try and make sure the kids were safe,' the siblings continued."
I’ve heard her sisters are similar in parenting style. I hope not. They also exploit their kids with a YouTube channel.

I can remember watching some of her videos due to the backlash she was receiving online about 3 years ago. She literally gave her kids no privacy and she would put everything up on YouTube.

The Dad was also complicit and never stood up to Ruby at all and was a complete doormat.

I know the oldest one who ironically was the favourite ( for years) finally had enough and left to go to Uni and had zero communication with the family. Looking at this mess you can’t blame her as she needed to break free for her mental health.
He also steadfastly defended and adopted that parenting “style”. I saw him do so on YouTube. He was also a part of Connexions until recently, I believe.

He also steadfastly defended and adopted that parenting “style”. I saw him do so on YouTube. He was also a part of Connexions until recently, I believe.
I do have to wonder why he wasn't charged as well.
Is it only because he wasn't living with the kids at the time his son escaped from the business partner's house?

Folks exploiting their kids out on social media for fame and $$$ is infuriating to me.
Zero protection of the privacy for the minor kids.

Culty is a great description, Gitana.
That is exactly the vibe I'm getting too.
Thousands of people used to tune into her, a million at one stage afaik, how many of them went on to destroy their own children as a result of her influence?
needs to be a public awareness campaign launched nationally IMO
I watched quite a few of the Connexions videos before the channel was taken down. I have a hunch that these two would not recognize the authority of LE or the courts, that they will claim they are the ones "in truth" and everyone else is in deception or whatever their twisted vocabulary is. That's speculation, of course.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member