Found Deceased UT - Paul Swenson, 30, American Fork, 27 July 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
His partner is his wife and the mother of his child. I will not judge her. It's too easy to sit behind a keyboard and judge the actions and reactions of others. Walk a mile in her shoes before doing so and then talk. He was driving her car which is THEIR car. We haven't been told why he didn't take his own. Cars break down, get flat tires or even need to be gassed up but no time to do so before you have to be somewhere. My husband used to drive my car all the time (before he passed away). My family members all drive their husband's/wife's cars. Nothing nefarious about that. I don't think there is anything sinister going on here as it relates to the family. I think he had a serious crisis and I hope he is safe but I wouldn't be surprised if he turns up deceased by his own hand. I sincerely hope that is not the case. His family and especially his child need him. All of this is just my opinion of course.

. He was driving her car which is THEIR car. We haven't been told why he didn't take his own. Cars break down, get flat tires or even need to be gassed up but no time to do so before you have to be somewhere. My husband used to drive my car all the time (before he passed away). My family members all drive their husband's/wife's cars. Nothing nefarious about that.

The only reason it is weird to me (her car) is that her father makes a point in this interview at about 1:02

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=45197180&nid=148

to say "the thing that was quite odd was that he jumped in her car, not his". I am not making a judgement about her or the situation. But this seems like at least early on it was out of character enough to be mentioned by the family. This case is so puzzling.

I wonder what kind of car he normally drove. If he has a 2 seat sports car and was maybe going to pick up some more people. They might not all fit so he took her car. Jmo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I wonder what kind of car he normally drove. If he has a 2 seat sports car and was maybe going to pick up some more people. They might not all fit so he took her car. Jmo

Unfortunately, as with all the public evidence in this case, IMO you can speculate a million ways. None of which are seemingly helpful (not saying that you aren't being helpful, but you get what I mean, right?) since we just don't have a full picture. It is SO hard not to speculate though...

I was just trying to think of a new way to look. But whatever nevermind.
Unfortunately, as with all the public evidence in this case, IMO you can speculate a million ways. None of which are seemingly helpful (not saying that you aren't being helpful, but you get what I mean, right?) since we just don't have a full picture. It is SO hard not to speculate though...

I'm sure the family isn't hiding details that are needed to be able to find him. Probably hiding details about drug use and drinking to save face for church and family! There's one thing I don't understand though..why when the car was found it was not treated as evidence? Why would they have the wife come and take car from location and drive it home! Seems weird

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I'm sure the family isn't hiding details that are needed to be able to find him. Probably hiding details about drug use and drinking to save face for church and family! There's one thing I don't understand though..why when the car was found it was not treated as evidence? Why would they have the wife come and take car from location and drive it home! Seems weird

Maybe he left a note in it.

Sorry, I don't think I said that very well!! I'm new here too. I just meant that like, we can come up with a million theories (trust me, I have a million!) but none of them can really be useful without knowing more info. I seriously didn't mean any offense, I just didn't say it right. Sorry. Also, my understanding is that this forum isn't meant for theories that don't have any basis in the MsM or other credible sources. That's why I'm refraining from sharing mine. Anyway,I hope there's no hard feelings jenjen. I seriously didn't mean it the way it apperently came off!

Probably because a crime wasn't determined. Not weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but this case reminds me of the Steven Koecher disappearance back in 2009.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...rson-13-Dec-2009-22&highlight=stephen+koecher

Glad to know Steven hasn't been forgotten. I had mentioned that as well a few pages back. I'm curious as to if they had any of the same connections. As I recall Steven had dealings with someone with a questionable reputation and a theory is that person was involved in his disappearance somehow.

Ok. I'm not sure how this works so maybe some of you may know.

As I read posts, stories and updates. I noticed he is quite muscular. I've seen pictures a little less than a year ago and not very muscular looking. Also if you look at his legs, they appear thin. I wonder if steroid use could be a problem?? Could he have tried to stop using them, and kinda fall off the rails??

I know mentally it makes people's mental state to be off balance after extreme use and discontinued use. I also question whether escalated outburst (I don't want to say the words). But, often another side comes out of the user. Maybe, that could explain the blog posting. When someone you love, can actually hurt, one of the 1st things you are told is, you need to leave, get out of this relationship, he won't change etc. Maybe he tried, but didn't succeed in being able to refrain from use. I hope this makes sense.

Then looking at all of the photos...wow! That looks like a lot of being "on". It looks like not a lot of spontaneous photos. That is a LOT when your life is played out in photos of everything. Then on top of that your personal life is blogged about. IMO that was blasting his issues all over the internet for the world to see. He just started his own business and then to see this in public, would make me feel nervous about my business contacts perception of me.

I still straddle the fence on this one. But, today my thoughts are leaning toward him just snapping and walking away. Now, with even more coming out, it would be hard to come back, if it were me.

These are just my observations and opinions. Of course, in two hours my thoughts may change again. This case is like a roller coaster. I'm anxious to keep reading everyone else's thoughts and observations and see if any of you tend to waffle back and forth on this case.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

This is by no means an expert opinion, but I worked as a nurse in the ER for a number of years... Anytime someone under the age of 40 came in with chest pain, they were given the full work up of course but were almost always found to have nothing wrong with their heart and we would be instructed by the docs to counsel them on stress and anxiety reduction. 9 times out of ten when I would counsel these patients they would divulge some huge recent life change or major source of stress (I.e. Death in the family, job loss, money problems). I wonder if his chest pain was an anxiety attack, or something similar. I have a bad feeling about the outcome of this. But I also feel like all of the family statements I've seen in the news, they seem to be addressing him directly so maybe they know something I don't... 2 weeks is a long time for someone who apperently knew everyone in town to be out of sight and out of touch for. I hope they find him soon!!

http://www.sltrib.com/news/2017/08/...issing-utah-man-paul-swenson-as-tips-pour-in/

"Christensen said police believe their best bet in cracking the case is to track down who owns the items in the SUV. Police have worked to recover fingerprints and DNA from the vehicle, he said, and are awaiting results. " snipped

So they did get DNA and finger prints from the car! Also, story states they still have 2 full time detectives working on this and just added one from unified pd. Very interesting.

The real question: Are his actions calculated or random, impulsive choices? If he's intentionally leaving, he is vacating a $400-$500K home (property records are on line), parked a $50K 2016 Bimmer, and is apart from his child and a simply gorgeous spouse. Could be a great life or a pressure pot of crushing debt. He appears to have a physique that would not enable him to be easily overpowered. He also formed a corporation in June. If he disposed of personal assets, that to me lessens the likelihood this is a random psychotic break and shows planning. Knowing more about the "strange" clothing found in the vehicle would be helpful; such as the size and type; khakis? sweats? lingerie? I find the word "strange" to be an odd word to use to describe clothing unless it was some sort of weird cosplay.

Not necessarily... one of the more common symptoms of mania or hypomania in patients with bipolar disorder is making large and/or impulsive purchases or sudden spending sprees.

My mother has bipolar disorder, and she's made expensive purchases (we went back-to-school shopping before my senior year and I came home with $400 worth of clothes and a brand new car---but the possibility of my parents buying me a car had never been discussed before that day & she didn't consult with my dad before she bought it either) or an important financial decision (sold farm land she'd inherited from my granddad) during the months that led up to every psychotic episode of mania she's ever had. Those types of decisions now serve as a warning sign for us.

Now that I think about it, this might actually explain the clothing found in his vehicle too, IMO. My mom has often purchased things she has no use for or clothing that's not her size or style during those periods.

She's engaged in a whole host of other troubling and "strange" behaviors during manic episodes.

- She once forbid me to change the channel of static on our TV because she said God was going to send us a message through the TV and we were responsible for sharing it with the rest of the world

- Thrown potted plants off our 3rd floor balcony in the middle of the night for reasons she refused to explain

- Thought our house was filled with poisonous gas and refused to come back inside

- Slipped out the front door when my dad was using the bathroom on several occasions and couldn't find her for hours (we finally found her playing the piano at a neighbors house--one she'd never met before--on one of those occasions; the cops showed up with her on another, after someone reported a lost woman wandering around a nearby driving range).

I'm not saying mental illness is definitely the cause here, because I'm not one hundred percent convinced he hasn't left on his own, but I worry he could be anywhere or may have seriously harmed himself unintentionally if his disappearance is related to a mental health issue.

That newly formed real estate corp most likely is a realtor with the same name who lives there as well, imo

Not necessarily... one of the more common symptoms of mania or hypomania in patients with bipolar disorder is making large and/or impulsive purchases or sudden spending sprees.

My mother has bipolar disorder, and she's made expensive purchases (we went back-to-school shopping before my senior year and I came home with $400 worth of clothes and a brand new car---but the possibility of my parents buying me a car had never been discussed before that day & she didn't consult with my dad before she bought it either) or an important financial decision (sold farm land she'd inherited from my granddad) during the months that led up to every psychotic episode of mania she's ever had. Those types of decisions now serve as a warning sign for us.

Now that I think about it, this might actually explain the clothing found in his vehicle too, IMO. My mom has often purchased things she has no use for or clothing that's not her size or style during those periods.

She's engaged in a whole host of other troubling and "strange" behaviors during manic episodes.

- She once forbid me to change the channel of static on our TV because she said God was going to send us a message through the TV and we were responsible for sharing it with the rest of the world

- Thrown potted plants off our 3rd floor balcony in the middle of the night for reasons she refused to explain

- Thought our house was filled with poisonous gas and refused to come back inside

- Slipped out the front door when my dad was using the bathroom on several occasions and couldn't find her for hours (we finally found her playing the piano at a neighbors house--one she'd never met before--on one of those occasions; the cops showed up with her on another, after someone reported a lost woman wandering around a nearby driving range).

I'm not saying mental illness is definitely the cause here, because I'm not one hundred percent convinced he hasn't left on his own, but I worry he could be anywhere or may have seriously harmed himself unintentionally if his disappearance is related to a mental health issue.

Totally off topic but my dad is BP too and when I've told people stories like this they never believe me and when someone else shares a similar story it makes me feel less alone on this planet sooooo (((hugs)))

Totally off topic but my dad is BP too and when I've told people stories like this they never believe me and when someone else shares a similar story it makes me feel less alone on this planet sooooo (((hugs)))

And I agree, yes, is someone is suffering from mania it isn't uncommon at all for those episodes to start with unplanned and often strange purchases.

To add, IMO a person with a disorder that causes psychosis can be VERY good at lying and keeping secrets from their family. I'm not saying this in direct relation to this case but just in general.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carmenbellaxx
Back