Found Deceased UT - Paul Swenson, 30, American Fork, 27 July 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
finally caught up. If his car was left abandoned and unlocked anyone could have come along and slept in it. Perhaps someone homeless spent time in the car and its their 'items' that were found inside?

finally caught up. If his car was left abandoned and unlocked anyone could have come along and slept in it. Perhaps someone homeless spent time in the car and its their 'items' that were found inside?

Could be. Another thing I was thinking is if he did kill himself, I wonder if there could have been a box of bullets or some other type of gun-related things in the car. Usually you KNOW if your spouse owns a gun or what type-- so that would make sense if Ashlee felt certain it wasn't his.

I am seriously doubting this is Paul. I don't think he is suicidal either. But this may well be another missing person.

I am seriously doubting this is Paul. I don't think he is suicidal either. But this may well be another missing person.

One minute I lean the same way, the next I don't know what to think!! However, IF Paul is in a decent state of mind & is able to see the news, certainly he'd at least reassure his mom he's safe. I can't imagine how the family is feeling!

Either way, it IS someone's loved one & a tragedy nonetheless. :(

Wouldn't have to be be suicide to end up in a creek... MOO. From the start I have thought that the "items" in the car seem like they would be from someone other then Paul. Perhaps the car was stolen after he left it somewhere. Maybe he traded it for something and somebody had a joyride night in it. Either way, I wish I could be as optimistic to think that he just walked off and is fine somewhere. Hope the family gets some closure soon either way.

According to NAMUS and Utah's Missing Person's Database there is only one other male missing from Utah within the past year, an elderly man who went missing on July 31st about 45 minutes from SLC.

However, Paul is not in NAMUS at all so it's possible there are other missing males in the state who aren't in the databases yet. Also, homeless individuals are not always reported as missing, at least not right away.

I don't know how to link, The Salt Lake Tribune is reporting that the body is that of a male and it may be difficult to determine the cause of death due to decomp.

This is also walking distance from the jail. My first thought was it was a recently released then relapsed addict.
I probably just don't want it to be Paul though. I really want to believe he will come back to his family.

I don't know how to link, The Salt Lake Tribune is reporting that the body is that of a male and it may be difficult to determine the cause of death due to decomp.

Hi Teche, it's already posted above. See post #375. Thanks.

This is also walking distance from the jail. My first thought was it was a recently released then relapsed addict.
I probably just don't want it to be Paul though. I really want to believe he will come back to his family.

It could be a homeless person or anyone not reported missing but the location's very short distance from the last confirmed sighting of Paul is hard to ignore. JMO. :(

Often, when there is a missing person in an area where an unidentified deceased person is found, if the police know right away that the person is NOT likely to be the high profile missing person they will state that pretty fast. The lack of that kind of statement so far is deafening, IMO.

Often, when there is a missing person in an area where an unidentified deceased person is found, if the police know right away that the person is NOT likely to be the high profile missing person they will state that pretty fast. The lack of that kind of statement so far is deafening, IMO.

That is what worries me too. Also the family hasn't come out to refute it either. It doesn't look good.

That is what worries me too. Also the family hasn't come out to refute it either. It doesn't look good.

I've been looking for something from family too. They deserve to know first, of course and that's probably why no police statement about Paul. I also expected there would at least be a new article about Paul still being missing today since it's Monday, but nothing so far. Press could be waiting to hear more on this UID before publishing new articles. :(

Macin Smith was from that area I think, but he was last seen 4 hours away. Am I thinking the correct person? On the article from 8/2. This person was seen farther away from this area, another town close by, but he was delusional. It may be that it is not him as, I would think he possibly would not return to the exact same area as where his car and phone pinged. Anything is possible. I just don't want it to be him.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Macin Smith was from that area I think, but he was last seen 4 hours away. Am I thinking the correct person? On the article from 8/2. This person was seen farther away from this area, another town close by, but he was delusional. It may be that it is not him as, I would think he possibly would not return to the exact same area as where his car and phone pinged. Anything is possible. I just don't want it to be him.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Macin Smith is from St. George, Utah which is over 300 miles away from Salt Lake City. He has also been missing since 2015.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-Macin-Smith-17-St-George-1-Sept-2015/page10

This has reminded me of Linnea Lomax.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

When my niece's body was located in the woods after 14 months in the elements, she was not recognizable. However her handbag was with her and her ID was in it. The state troopers immediately took it to my sister at her place of employment, then a dental match was made. If this was an unrecognizable person, they will not say anything definitive until there is a DNA or Dental match to someone. We always knew when there was a body found in the area, we just had to wait it out. (she was also not the 1st body found in the area after she went missing). Due to her handbag and ID, we were 99% certain it was her before the dental match and before it was released to the public. Prior to that the story was a "body was found" The handbag portion of the story was never in the media.

That is how it works. When my sister awoke that morning of November 8,1995, she said "today is the day Paulette is going to be found".

When my niece's body was located in the woods after 14 months in the elements, she was not recognizable. However her handbag was with her and her ID was in it. The state troopers immediately took it to my sister at her place of employment, then a dental match was made. If this was an unrecognizable person, they will not say anything definitive until there is a DNA or Dental match to someone. We always knew when there was a body found in the area, we just had to wait it out. (she was also not the 1st body found in the area after she went missing). Due to her handbag and ID, we were 99% certain it was her before the dental match and before it was released to the public. Prior to that the story was a "body was found" The handbag portion of the story was never in the media.

That is how it works. When my sister awoke that morning of November 8,1995, she said "today is the day Paulette is going to be found".

I'm extremely sorry for your loss, DQN. You're a strong person to be able to still look into these cases.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maineguy1961
Back