Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #11 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Be careful what you order from them. I ordered a rare book about the Nepalese Royal Family familicide/murders and got some weird romance novel instead. They were quick to respond and I’m supposed to receive the actual book I ordered soon ;)
I will "pass" on buying that book. I don't like Romance novels...Thank you for the info, Suglo......It is good to see you again....moo

I got it through Kindle Unlimited.

Even though it’s been pulled from Amazon, it’s still in my library because I downloaded it.
What little I read of it, that part which was posted here sounds like I do when I try to compose something in a foreign language I haven't quite got a grasp on. Type some phrases into google, hit the translate to other language button, then string it all together with connecting words. Not that I write about murder, just if I need a paragraph or two in Spanish or French. That's how his writing comes across. Someone using a phrase generator for English.

Here is the original post concerning the statement by one of ML's friends saying he didn't have a good feeling about AA.

Found Deceased - UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #9 *ARREST*

Start at 1:44

Updates on arrest connected to Mackenzie Lueck case
Thank you so much for finding this. I started listening at about the 1:42 mark.

Reporter Ashley Kewish is outside the police department and spoke with a friend of MacKenzie's. He was visibly shaken, angry, and crying. He asked if they knew where the suspect was being taken because he wanted to see him face to face for himself.

Ashley asked how he knew MacKenzie and he said he met her online as well. He said that he knew of this suspect because he and MacKenzie had talked about him before.

Ashley said he told her that he always had a bad feeling about that guy and repeated a lot of things that are not appropriate for her to say on television.

He told Ashley that he and ML had conversations specifically about AA before, that she had told him (her friend) what she was doing, and that she had a relationship or arrangement with AA and he (the friend) told her that he didn't have a good feeling about it.

Ashley asked him if he's told the police and he said he's been in contact with police since the beginning.

I wonder if the latest Netflix stuff on Bundy gave him an MO. Bundy is famous....

Reporter Ashley Kewish is outside the police department and spoke with a friend of MacKenzie's. He was visibly shaken, angry, and crying. He asked if they knew where the suspect was being taken because he wanted to see him face to face for himself.

Ashley asked how he knew MacKenzie and he said he met her online as well. He said that he knew of this suspect because he and MacKenzie had talked about him before.

Ashley said he told her that he always had a bad feeling about that guy and repeated a lot of things that are not appropriate for her to say on television.

He told Ashley that he and ML had conversations specifically about AA before, that she had told him (her friend) what she was doing, and that she had a relationship or arrangement with AA and he (the friend) told her that he didn't have a good feeling about it.

Ashley asked him if he's told the police and he said he's been in contact with police since the beginning.

Thanks. This seems legitimate, and very telling.

My theory at this point is that their relationship was not sexual, and she might not have even been to his house before.

I think he intended to rape and murder her, because that was either his fantasy, or he had learned from his previous law enforcement encounter, that not leaving a living witness is the best course of action.

SBM

I wonder how much she told this guy about AA--assume not full name but maybe some vague but still specific identifying information or a first name (maybe AJ)--and if for that reason, AA was already on their radar before they had access to the phone records or if they just were aware there was someone like this they needed to check on once they had that access.

Always felt ML was too smart to have met someone she had never met in person before at 3am in a park. This guy seemed to paint himself as Mr. Wonderful and probably did that for a while beforehand with her to gain her trust. Everyone else could see it all sounded too good to be true but he was just too convincing in person. Seems like many of us could have just as easily gotten caught up in his web of lies had he chosen to set his sights on us.

Ashley Kewish‏Verified account @ashleykewish
We’re being told by one of our photographers on scene at apt complex, the two men (persons of interest) were put in these vehicles after being taken in police custody. #ksltv @KSL5TV

D-KitfCUwAEICdE.jpg

D-Kite-UEAYFNaf.jpg

10:17 AM - 28 Jun 2019 pst

Updates on arrest connected to Mackenzie Lueck case

Video footage of tactical operation at link above.

Earliest reports/tweets were that two persons were taken into custody -- resulting in one arrest of POI.

POI and unidentified man were both taken away in separate, unmarked cars.

Tactical operation -- mobilized, blocked off perimeter and freeway access and operation complete within 30 minutes per reporter witness.

Last edited:
Thanks. This seems legitimate, and very telling.

My theory at this point is that their relationship was not sexual, and she might not have even been to his house before.

I think he intended to rape and murder her, because that was either his fantasy, or he had learned from his previous law enforcement encounter, that not leaving a living witness is the best course of action.
Yes, I wondered if their only connection so far had been "on line only," and she had just done some videos but never actually met him in person. Maybe he asked her to do some questionable things in front of the camera that the other guy thought were alarming.
How he got her to meet him at that time is a mystery.

The other option is that he was one of the guys she was casually dating. But I still get the feeling she had never been to his house before, although it's certainly possible. Imo

Last edited:
Will be curious to know just how much, if any, contact they had in person. Perhaps couple dates

Whatever was going down or being arranged, the nature of the relationship, her friend, Ashley, had a bad feeling about it & ML was interested & serious enough about AA or the 'arrangement' to consider it & talk it over with a friend

Hard to believe she'd ever been to his house - if so, why meet at the park...??

Will be curious to know just how much, if any, contact they had in person. Perhaps couple dates

Whatever was going down or being arranged, the nature of the relationship, her friend, Ashley, had a bad feeling about it & ML was interested & serious enough about AA or the 'arrangement' to consider it & talk it over with a friend

I think she must have known AA since he lived near the park and possibly even visited the park with him when he was living there. That way meeting in the park wouldn't have seemed all that alarming to her.

I'm wondering if she just reeled off all his alleged accomplishments to this other guy friend, and he thought the veracity of the claims were questionable. So he was suspicious about him being a liar. If that happened, I could see her either not thinking it was a big deal if he seemed to exaggerate his resume or just not thinking he was untruthful.

Because whatever it was this other guy found questionable or concerning doesn't seem to have been so glaringly disturbing that it made her uncomfortable with talking to him or meeting him.

If she had been to his house before, maybe he told her he wasn’t staying at his home currently because it was rented out (AirBNB) and was staying with a friend near Hatch Park?

Since he was already familiar with that area, maybe they’d met at the same park before?

A few things...just my thoughts.

Given how fast this seems to have happened from pick-up at the park to the fire in the backyard, with her phone being turned off within minutes of the pick-up, it's entirely plausible to me that she was likely incapacitated somehow straight away. There are people who are strictly interested in the end game, and they can go from "Hey, nice to see ya", to a hard hit or other blunt force injury to disable someone and immediately remove resistance from the equation. As Otto mentioned, both Jesse Matthews and Bundy are examples of that type of brute behavior. And often, part of the preference of these kinds of people is to render the victim utterly powerless from the beginning. Nothing strips a person of all power like being made unconscious. Even temporarily for the perp to engage in additional and easier methods of restraining or controlling. Some have said that wouldn't happen because the Lyft person might have seen it or wasn't fully out of sight. I would imagine that any Lyft driver is focused on safely delivering the passenger at the right address, then moving on to whatever comes next in their tasks. So, once the driver was driving and headed off, AA was in the clear. If the Lyft driver didn't notice, or couldn't tell the description of the person picking her up, or the car he was in, he wouldn't discern much about to happen or happening in the car as he drove off (not his fault or failure). I think AA got control of her and her phone pretty immediately.

Plus, we don't know that she had agreed to go to his home, nor do we know if he was even telling her the truth about his lifestyle, type of residence, etc. She would have been very aware on the drive to his house that he was not headed toward a place or section of town that was consistent with any other plan they discussed. So, he would have to subdue her early on to not have a hassle. If they had done this before, that goes out the window, because she might have already been to his house. My guess is LE knows the nature of communication between them and already has that part answered.

As far as his "girlfriend" remarks and secret room mission, etc., I'm a firm believer that people's words betray them, and especially narcissistic types. Who would care why he wanted a construction job done and whether or not she's white and Morman? Why is that relevant when you're hiring a contractor? That may simply have been him 'storying' himself and fantasizing about what was rolling around in his sick head about what he hoped or planned to do in what has turned out to be this crime. Also, have had the tragic experience of knowing a narcissist/sociopath/dark triad, or whatever we call these types of individuals, and the bold lying they do because of the false reality they invent in their minds is stunning to the average person, because it's just so high risk and nuts. I have nothing on my phone log to hide, but if I had done something this utterly heinous, I sure as heck would not try to fly a claim that I talked to the person the day before, but not after, when it's so easily determined to be a lie. How can anyone in this day and time not know that there is a footprint of anything you do on a cell phone or other device?

My ugly and sad experience with this kind of personality is that they are both boldly dishonest because they think they have all the control, and simply reject or override facts and evidence placed before them as to their lying. They go to the place in their head where their story of themselves is, and they tell you, or police, or whoever, that their story is simply how it is. Alongside this is that these kinds of people have a dullness to them and a sort of density they can't ever fully overcome. This explains why he could be so unaffected when asked about the fire, saying that he was "almost done", as he burned a body and evidence right in front of God and everybody. They just don't see that they are not invincible, or that their incomplete ideas and story about their actions is doomed to fail. Some of the smarter ones might get away with it for a time, but when they're caught, you can see into what dum-dums they truly are. They're just missing some wiring and software, they just are. I've witnessed this personally, and I still stand amazed. FWIW

I think she must have known AA since he lived near the park and possibly even visited the park with him when he was living there. That way meeting in the park wouldn't have seemed all that alarming to her.
My understanding is he hadn't been at the apartments near the park for a couple of years. I get the impression her interactions with him are more recent but I could be wrong.

Good theory.

@PommyMommy - can you give us fresh link to KSL reporter Ashley Kewish interview with unidentified friend that didn't have good feeling about POI (outside of police station). Thanks! :)

ETA: 1:42 is now retired LE Chris Bertram phone interview on the tactical operation. Where is the friend interview??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member